Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,045 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

How I Start My REAL ESTATE Landed Property Investment With #15000 - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How I Start My REAL ESTATE Landed Property Investment With #15000 (1503 Views)

Legitimate Estate Landed Properties In Abuja For Both Building And Residential. / Opportunity To Own An Investment With Huge Returns Is Just A Dial Away. / How I Start My REAL ESTATE Landed Property Investment With #15000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Start My REAL ESTATE Landed Property Investment With #15000 by ultrarich: 5:48am On Jul 01, 2017
YES, your eyes weren't deceiving you, i actually started my Real Estate business with just #15,000. To find out how? follow this thread till the end.

NOTE: This thread will serve 3 main purpose, namely:
1. Introduction to REAL ESTATE & Basic Things to Consider Before Starting a Real Estate Investment Career

2. How i got my first landed property (Real Estate career begin) with just #15,000

3. How you can be part of a REAL ESTATE SALES ASSOCIATES by owning your own first landed property and earn commission on every plot of land property sold.

INTRODUCTION & BASIC THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE STARTING A REAL ESTATE CAREER
All over the world the real estate business is one sector of the economy that offers a good financial opportunity. Though at different times the sector crashes, but by and large, it has always bounced back. Landed property does not depreciate but appreciates. This is not an exception in Nigeria.

There are different levels of participation in this sector. There are small players and big players. Determine what category of the populace you are going to serve, high-end, middle-end or low-end earners? You definitely cannot serve all categories of the populace. Your investment capacity may also determine which sector of the populace you can service.

Whichever way you choose to come in and operate, there is an assurance that you will find your own landing pad and earn some reasonable profit from your investment.

However, it requires that you take cognizance of certain guidelines in order to start and operate a successful real estate business in Nigeria.

1. Be Honest with Yourself.
This is probably the most important item on the list. Essentially, ask yourself (and answer) “what is my motivation?”.

If you’re driven by the lure of easy money, STOP NOW. It’s NOT easy and it takes hard work. The money will come only if you work smart and put forth the effort.

If you are not afraid of hard work, enjoy meeting new people and providing a service to others then keep on reading! This may be for you.
Real Estate is part marketing, part sales, part entrepreneurship, and a large part customer service. So think through each of these and make sure you are willing to do all of them, ESPECIALLY the customer service part.

Are you good with change? This is a fast paced business and tools of the trade are changing rapidly. One minute we are using laptops and the next we are showing homes on tablets. You should be able to adapt easily to new software and websites. Also, laws are changing and we must stay up to date and understand how they impact us and our clients.

2. Interview Current Real Estate Professionals.
This follows number 1 very closely. I recommend that you interview several real estate agents to understand the pros and cons of the job. Don’t just interview the top agents and/or your real estate agent friends. I suggest you interview agents at different points in their career – established agents and ones starting out. Here are some questions to consider asking them:

What are their daily and weekly routines?
What do they love and hate about their jobs?
What advice would they give to new agents?
What do they consider to be the most important quality in a good agent?
What are the common pitfalls to avoid when getting started?
How important is the role of technology for the real estate agent?
Once you have all of your questions answered, reflect back on the responses and write a list of the common factors that were mentioned across the interviewees. Come to your own conclusion, and if need be revisit number one on the list to make sure this career is for you.

3. Consider a Second Source of Income.
This can actually serve a couple of purposes.

First, it can relieve financial stress from working on commission and not deplete your savings account (and actually maybe add to it).
Second, your other job can provide a great source of potential clients and expand your sphere of influence. Just be careful with promoting yourself and new career too much. Some employers may frown at this.

4. Start Building your Database of Contacts.
It’s never too early to start compiling a list of people that you will reach out to and let them know that you’re a new real estate agent.

Make sure to include as much of the following as possible:

Full Name
Email
Home Address
Home and Mobile Telephone Numbers
Birth Dates
List of Family Members
Employer and Occupation

Thanks for coming this far, NEXT IS: How i got my first landed property (Real Estate career begin) with just #15,000, ...to be continue
Re: How I Start My REAL ESTATE Landed Property Investment With #15000 by ultrarich: 7:37am On Jul 03, 2017
Good day all. cheesy

We will continue this thread from where we left off "How i got my first landed property (Real Estate career begin) with just #15,000"

Its happens that on a faithful Saturday morning, i was going to my cassava farm with my in-law and he mentioned that he will be attending a seminar on Real Estate Company currently running a promotional program and selling landed property for less than 100k as at then. I told him to be careful because there are so many thieves that position to be selling lands and should not be a victim of Omo-Onile scam. But for curiosity sake, i told him to give me feed back if he eventually go.

Fortunately, my in-law went for the seminar and gave me feed back that the company was doing promotion and currently selling the land for 75,000 shocked instead of the usual price of 150,000. I told him its not possible that its a scam and advice him not to fall victim.

Some weeks later, a friend of mine who is into printing jobs went to print complimentary cards for one of his client, then he came about this company promotional material for landed property selling for 150,000 and when he came back to the office he told me about the opportunity, i told him i have heard about it before. This time i told my friend to let us visit their office, which will did and was convince that this is not a scam but i am still not comfortable investing my hard earned money, am sure you wont blame me grin.

Rather than being absolutely pessimistic this time, i ask for site inspection to be sure i wont being buying a property that wont be develop in the next 100 years grin. And the company offer to take me and my friend to the site for free to and fro with other prospects after agreeing on a date. On the faithful date, we take off and begin the journey to Mowe Ibafo where the land is situated, when we get to Mowe-Ibafo, Offada precisely. The journey from Mowe bus stop is less than 30 minutes because the road is free. And i noticed there were so much real estate company currently selling lands in that axis, more so, where this particular land is situated, there is a University of Agriculture project currently going on in partnership with a University of Agriculture in FRANCE. I was wooowed! when i noticed this, i am guaranteed the development of the site is sure in a short time.

After we got to the site, series of questions was ask, like Omo-onile, survey, global C of O, etc. The omo onile things has been settle because they are reals estate company and has come with an agreement via law with the omo-onile and settled them. Once my land is allocated to me, i can do my survey immediately if i want to and they are currently working on the global C of O to cover all the land sold in this axis. With all this information at my disposal, i seems to be at ease going ahead with investing in my first REAL ESTATE BUSINESS.

Oh, i forgot to tell you that there are flexible payment option:

1. Outright payment: 150,000 with 5% discount.

2. 3 Month paying plan: I can pay 50,000 monthly if i dont want put much stress on my personal savings and income.

3. Then, here come my catch grin! I can decide to pay 15,000 monthly for the next 12 month if i want the most easy way out. Am sure you already knew this is what i went for.

And that is how i started my REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT BUSINESS and the rest is history. You can start too! wink

At this point, you can ask questions and you can throw in your opinion and comment cheesy

Once again thanks for coming this far...NEXT: How you can be part of a REAL ESTATE SALES ASSOCIATES (FREE)
Re: How I Start My REAL ESTATE Landed Property Investment With #15000 by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 29, 2017
good day Sir, I would like to discuss something important with you, my email is mohammedjamil529@gmail.com

If you are on facebook just search my email then add me.
thanks in anticipation
Re: How I Start My REAL ESTATE Landed Property Investment With #15000 by NaijaPress: 8:57am On Aug 19, 2020
Want to start your adventure in real estate agency business? Get a business plan...
https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/how-to-start-real-estate-agency-business/

(1) (Reply)

Wealth Land Green Estate, Lekki Peninsula,Offering Affordable Housing @10.95m / Wanted: Property For About 4-6million? / Lugbe Area Clarification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.