Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,404 members, 7,853,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:59 AM

Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 (841 Views)

Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, FCT – FG / Buhari Can Do Little Or Nothing About Ganduje Video - Garba Shehu / Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 by Leonnifemi(m): 5:52am On Jul 01, 2017
I’m saddened by the vituperations of a vast majority of the Nigerian populace on the issue of the president’s health. It is frightening and disappointingly so, how many Nigerians wish their president dead. I do not pray for him neither do I wish him mishap. A question that assails my mind is whether Buhari has not had a successful voyage on earth- If President Buhari dies today, has he not lived a fulfilled life? For a man with such rare opportunity of ruling this nation twice, what history is there to make again?
While many unrecognized, unpopular and unknown Nigerians- whose names are unheard of outside their familial confines because they are doing nothing or next to nothing and would not be remembered for anything- are cogitating on the life of Buhari or the lack of it, the man has successfully embedded his name on the chases and tranches of historical medallion. So, instead of lavishing the limited resource of time on gossiping and babbling about a man that has came, seen and conquered, I would rather people think deeply about the vacuousness of their own lives and how uneventful it has been.
I also got tired of hearing several idle talks about how Buhari should be impeached and how he should not stay beyond 60 (or 90 days or whatever!) on vacation as opined by many street commentators. Sincerely, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is as silent as the catacombs on the issue of how long the president can stay on vacation. Section 145(1) of the Constitution states thus; ‘’whenever the president is proceeding on vacation or is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, he shall transmit a written declaration to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives to that effect, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, the Vice-President shall perform the functions of the President as Acting President’’. The body language of the constitution, as stated in the aforementioned section is to the effect that the president can stay on vacation till the end of his tenure in so far as he transmits his temporary absence to the National Assembly. In this case, the Vice-President shall act in his stead. The question of how long a temporary absence can be is neither contemplated nor answered by the Nigerian Constitution. There’s no provision in the Nigerian Constitution where the number of days, weeks or months that the President must stay on vacation beyond which he can be relieved of power is stated.
In addition, Section 146(1) stipulates that the Vice-President shall become the President only if the President dies, resigns, is impeached or is permanently incapacitated. The onus therefore lies on God (to take the President’s life), or on the President himself (to resign) or on the National Assembly (to impeach him) or on the Federal Executive Council to prove through a team of medical experts that the President is permanently incapacitated. The removal of a Nigerian President before the expiration of his tenure is an augean task requiring intricate procedures.
It is advisable that the Acting President continue to steer the country’s ship within the leeway permitted him by the constitution and not be distracted by political sycophants and jobbers. Fellow Nigerians too should face their businesses. The position of the Nigerian President is not vacant, the Acting President is doing all there is to do. Let’s wish our President safe recovery and try to make something reasonable of our lives.
Re: Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 by Depreacherman(m): 6:02am On Jul 01, 2017
even Buhari himself can not cope with your above grammar. na this kind grammar d make person loose election. nice one though
Re: Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 by Atlantia(f): 6:10am On Jul 01, 2017
The person above me is hilarious! cheesy grin

Op,I have a problem with your reasoning.
It seems Nigerians always delight in being ridiculed by other countries.
Our 'president' has been on 'vacation' for how many months now?
The crime rate in the country has risen to insane proportions.
The masses are plagued with insecurities.
Our Police is now on the rampage more than ever , harassing innocent citizens.
Families have a hard time feeding.
School children are abducted every other day and everyone is obsessed with the celebrity kidnapper,Evans.
The leaders have refused to address the major issues we have in Nigeria.
Everything is wrong with our country.

And you want us to wish 'our president' a safe recovery and do something reasonable with our lives?
You must be a joker!
Smh! angry
Re: Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 by braimeddy: 6:12am On Jul 01, 2017
What is your point here? Everything u re saying re gibberish. A man who's not competent enough due to his ill health which he has been hiding all this while, and u re saying the masses should keep quiet and just be looking? Young man I knw dis recession is not affecting u but go out dere and see what people are facing. There's hunger in country all because of greed. All d looted monies that have been recovered where are they? This govt has totally failed cos this is not the change we were all expecting. There's nothing Osibanjo can do because he's just the acting president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 by tdbankplc: 6:17am On Jul 01, 2017
Lolzzz nigerians are loosing it gradually like thier president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 by Chikelue2000(m): 6:18am On Jul 01, 2017
Happy new months guys, let's forget about dis buhari walahi, cos de more I de reason him matter the more angry I am with every Nigerian who voted dis lotus leaf
Re: Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 by PatriotTemidayo: 7:06am On Jul 01, 2017
When people want to say thrash, they speak big grammar.

Oga, well done o. You'll be among the people that condemn ghost workers, but your president can stick to power like magnet and iron and yet be getting all allowances, salaries, benefits and decorum of the office while on sick bed abi?

It is because of your type that JESUS WEPT.

And even now, the earth weeps.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 by nototribalist: 7:50am On Jul 01, 2017
There is something wrong with this mumuu OP
Re: Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 by SaulRazor: 7:58am On Jul 01, 2017
A very senseless post from a very senseless person , OP may God restore your brain
Re: Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 by yarimo(m): 9:11am On Jul 01, 2017
Op thank you one of the problems of Nigeria is, majority of Nigerians don't read the constitution they always thought constitution is for the lawyers and lawmakers
Leonnifemi:
I’m saddened by the vituperations of a vast majority of the Nigerian populace on the issue of the president’s health. It is frightening and disappointingly so, how many Nigerians wish their president dead. I do not pray for him neither do I wish him mishap. A question that assails my mind is whether Buhari has not had a successful voyage on earth- If President Buhari dies today, has he not lived a fulfilled life? For a man with such rare opportunity of ruling this nation twice, what history is there to make again?
While many unrecognized, unpopular and unknown Nigerians- whose names are unheard of outside their familial confines because they are doing nothing or next to nothing and would not be remembered for anything- are cogitating on the life of Buhari or the lack of it, the man has successfully embedded his name on the chases and tranches of historical medallion. So, instead of lavishing the limited resource of time on gossiping and babbling about a man that has came, seen and conquered, I would rather people think deeply about the vacuousness of their own lives and how uneventful it has been.
I also got tired of hearing several idle talks about how Buhari should be impeached and how he should not stay beyond 60 (or 90 days or whatever!) on vacation as opined by many street commentators. Sincerely, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is as silent as the catacombs on the issue of how long the president can stay on vacation. Section 145(1) of the Constitution states thus; ‘’whenever the president is proceeding on vacation or is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, he shall transmit a written declaration to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives to that effect, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, the Vice-President shall perform the functions of the President as Acting President’’. The body language of the constitution, as stated in the aforementioned section is to the effect that the president can stay on vacation till the end of his tenure in so far as he transmits his temporary absence to the National Assembly. In this case, the Vice-President shall act in his stead. The question of how long a temporary absence can be is neither contemplated nor answered by the Nigerian Constitution. There’s no provision in the Nigerian Constitution where the number of days, weeks or months that the President must stay on vacation beyond which he can be relieved of power is stated.
In addition, Section 146(1) stipulates that the Vice-President shall become the President only if the President dies, resigns, is impeached or is permanently incapacitated. The onus therefore lies on God (to take the President’s life), or on the President himself (to resign) or on the National Assembly (to impeach him) or on the Federal Executive Council to prove through a team of medical experts that the President is permanently incapacitated. The removal of a Nigerian President before the expiration of his tenure is an augean task requiring intricate procedures.
It is advisable that the Acting President continue to steer the country’s ship within the leeway permitted him by the constitution and not be distracted by political sycophants and jobbers. Fellow Nigerians too should face their businesses. The position of the Nigerian President is not vacant, the Acting President is doing all there is to do. Let’s wish our President safe recovery and try to make something reasonable of our lives.

Re: Buhari Can Be On Vacation Till 2019 by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 01, 2017

(1) (Reply)

"You Know Those Sponsoring IPOB But Don't Know Boko Haram Sponsors" / @atiku At Condolence Visit To Family Of Late Alh. Maitama Sule, Emir Of Kano. / Ipob & Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.