Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

What’s Special About The Age 18? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s Special About The Age 18? (18447 Views)

I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 / Oldest Woman In Rivers State Dies At The Age Of 134 (Photo) / Shout Out 2my Mama..what Special Thing Can You Remember Your Mum With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s Special About The Age 18? by magazineguy(m): 7:33am On Jul 01, 2017
If what we want in life is the freedom to do all that please our heart at any age and not an eligibility status tying us down till we clock age 18. I have questioned my humble self several times concerning why the world at large keeps on restraining us from doing some activities till we turn the age of 18 and I still couldn’t find a genuine answer to that.

When we were young, we were warned to desist from some adult content movies if we are not yet 18 and today am more than eighteen and I still don’t see a reason why they stopped us from exercising our youthful right before that legal age.

Many guys had started drinking before age 18 and many pretty girls had lost their virginity one way or the other before their 18th birthday and here we are still deceiving our parents that we will be the perfect kid till 18. Many young people have inbuilt talents in them waiting to explore the world but the world has restrained them and they don’t have a choice but to wait till they are 18 .

It’s no longer news that eligibility to do whatever we want at any particular time doesn’t make us an opportunist but a conqueror and that is why I am calling out to the youth of our generation to wake up and make something good happen before the age 18. Many great men of the world today started making a difference in their prime and today we all look up to them believing one day we will rise to fame.

In Nigeria where they tell us we can’t vote, marry and even drive a car before age 18 is still the same country where we see many politicians buying luxurious cars for their teenage daughters only to mark her sweet sixteen birthday. What I can do before age 18 is still the same thing I will do at that age. So, stop aspiring that you will start having or engaging yourself in a serious relationship with the opposite sex when you can even tolerate your nagging sister and stubborn brother at an age far younger than 18.

It’s true that when we clock 18 our body and mind would have been so developed that we can be able to handle any real life situation that comes our way but what will you say of a young guy who even at age twenty one can’t even handle his father’s wealth or a young lady of twenty four who couldn’t cope with emotional breaks up. It’s not about the age but your personal build up and motivation.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/special-age-18/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Ncsamuel(m): 7:37am On Jul 01, 2017
All i know is datThats the age where u start expecting QUIT NOTICE from ur parents anytime soon

24 Likes

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by glamay(f): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Daslim180(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
It's special during decades ago, not this present time. Pikin wey dem know left from right at age 12 nowadays

6 Likes

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Kayoski(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Coming back to comment
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by hollowpot15684(m): 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
The age 18 has been tagged the freedom age.
its bullshit though. Man is born free but needs 18 years to be free.
nothing is special about that age abeg. it is a mental cage to most people. undecided undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
cheesy cheesy

It is when you have your first sex!! tongue

http://topwritersden.com/memoir-sex-slave-hustle-survival/. Anotther epic story from me. kiss

2 Likes

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by NCANTaskForce: 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
The age Afonjas start becoming officially cowards,

Igbos that commit crime will then go to prison like Nnamdi Kanu,

Zombies start begging officially too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by kingjoo: 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Marvel1206: 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nothing special. Just that being exposed to certains things at a tender age will most likely have more adverse effects than @18 when you have little bit of experience and equal amount of maturity to handle them

11 Likes

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by iamdannyfc(m): 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Oowkay.....

Are you writing jamb,waec,neco or gce? Lets meet at http://Onlysage.Tk so we can chat by questioning and answering ourselve..
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Tell me how many things were made by under-18.

How many under-18 could make political choices? Say, make informed decision between Buhari and Jonathan to be allowed to vote?

How many under-18 can manage emergency situation to be certified good enough for driver's licence?

18 was just adopted by many societies as estimated age of majority when you could make certain independent decisions. Age of accountability.

Not perfect, but definitely not a bad estimate from realities.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by LegendVibes: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
ok
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
18 marks the beginning of ones life.
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by NigerianScholar: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Respect55(m): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nutin special abt dat age. Many things ha e already happened before then.
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Episteme2(m): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
many things.

Nobody understands anyone 18,
Including those who are 18..........Jim Bishop
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by pythonkid(m): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by harrowmykel(m): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
Wow, you will definitely love this one of this apps developed by a nigerian..I loved them too..

free. instagram offline video saver *(save instagram videos without using data)* here -----

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/0097fac8

Or free whatsapp status saver *( save whatsapp status videos and images without using data)* here ---
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ba19a7db

Kindly share
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Divay22(f): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nothing is special abeg.
We just seems to make it look like a big deal.
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Ptown(m): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
At that Age you can enter the Oza room
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Evablizin(f): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
You are old enough to choose the part that will determine whether your future will be doomed or bright
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
Because society made us believe adulthood begins at 18. Same way society has made us believe in so many other scams.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by makapella(m): 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
Legal age to start whoring....period
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
You're old enough to die for your country grin
Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Hatikvah: 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
To be honest 18 is actually still a very young age to do anything yet.
Most 18 years olds are quite immature and still can not fully grasp the consequences of the things they do.
21 is more appropriate.

12 Likes

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by frinx: 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
Officially considered an adult. Responsible to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
the age to do what you wanna do at your own will

1 Like

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by Nofuckgiven: 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
Na oyibo teach you that one. Nothing is special about age 18. In Africa,especially here in Nigeria an 18 year old is still a kid feeding off their parents. They are not adults. undecided
Most still remain kiddults till 30. And someone will say they are adults, pls! lipsrsealed

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Special About The Age 18? by uncleck: 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
there is something very special about the age 18. To illustrate, if you are cooking beans, you will come across three stages. In the first stage you can't taste or eat the beans 'cos it is still raw or near raw. At the second stage you can safely eat it even though it is not yet fully done. In the last stage you can serve it.

likewise, life has three stages: infancy, adolescence, and adulthood. 18 is presumably late adolescence. Thenceforth, you are matured enough to utilize your superego.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police / This 4-Year-Old Boy, Odunayo Adeyemi Is Missing (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.