Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer (43281 Views)

Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans Lawyer, Withdraws From Kidnap Cases / "Police Sexually Abusing Evans Girlfriend, Extorts N50M" - Olukoya Ogungbeje / Olukoya Ogungbeje: Kidnapper Evans Lawyer Who Sued Police IG On His Behalf (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by madjune(m): 12:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
I miss the late Great Rotimi Williams.

He would have gotten Evans out of that cell by now, talkless of the whole charge.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hehehehehe

A beautiful thing many Nigerians are not learned

For one who was caught at his residence and not an operation with no proof or picture to show he has committed any crime

Evans divulged too many information before his brain struck that he had the right to a lawyer or until when Police said tiz high time wee took d case d court, he remembered he needed a lawyer

Nigeria and Backwardness #5 n 6
Nigeria and Ignorance #5 n 6
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Princewell2012(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
joepentwo:
I understand ur case!
Hungry lawyer grin

Hmm but those that stood for saraki are not hungry lawyer right? Or can you tell me the difference between the both of them?

At last saraki walks out freely.

Pls allow the lawyer to do his job.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by 989900: 1:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Why explain? You're are trying to put food on the table for your family. It's only your conscience bothers you, and rightfully so. Enjoy your share of the blood money and whatever comes or does not come [i][/i]with.

Evans is constitutionally entitled to legal representation, even if he is Lucifer. It doesn't mean he will be freed or anything.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Moukandjo: 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
jargo89:
Are we this ignorant in this nation. Jeez. We cant move forward, it's so obvious.

He is a LAWYER, that is his job. JOB!!! He went through Law school for this (legal representation of clients). Even though I am in support of prosecution of the kidnapper, do you know he has the right to a lawyer? Even if he has killed millions.

Using you guys logic, assuming he was shot during his arrest, the doctors who decides to treat him b4 being charged to court too is a criminal.

Why do you guys view everything in a tribalistic lens? Your hatred for Yorubas is so unhealthy. I have moved from being irritated to actually pitying you guys.

Pathetic
Nice one, bro. Those guys are EXTREMELY unintelligent, & it's no an insult but a fact.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by gfullmoon(m): 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
Defending criminals with the sophistication of Evans can even cause the Lawyer's death. He will be likely kidnapped once Evans is freed and he will pay it back 10x. Money is not everything...
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Moukandjo: 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
Brugo:
Look at these ignorant igbos on nairaland. They were calling for the release of Evans but now that he has hired a Yoruba man as his lawyer, they begin to see how wrong it is.

This is why they remain spectators in Nigerian politics. A people driven by hate cannot see beyond their noses and cannot be trusted to lead a nation. It is often a grave mistake to help Biafrans.

GEJ must regret giving them strategic political positions because they ruined him and his administration with their criminal tendencies.
Bro, this can't be just hate; it's clearly unintelligence. Those guys collectively are unintelligent to a fault! How can you explain how the emotions a whole tribe can be easily swayed at the same time, even by the silliest people or things?

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Princewell2012(m): 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
OVA200:
You said nobody should shed blood but he does i.e he is doom by the law so why defending him.

Even if a robber was caught during robbery lawyer will still try as much as possible to defend him.

Do you have any evidence of him sheding blood?

Atleast i have listen to his conversation with several journalist, i never heard him say such a thing. So if you have any against him pls bring it up. That's what one of the thing the lawyer was trying to defend. The law does not believe in them say them say.

2 if lawyer also saw the politicians stealing money they will also defend them.

Modified.
The truth of the matter is, let say no to jungle justice. That is my judgment.

Happy weekend.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by laborious(m): 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
Make una dey there dey talk, shey na una wan help d lawyer guy pay him bills? Na him Job make him do am...if dem charge judas to court for conspiracy him sef go get lawyer wey go defend am 2..
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Moukandjo: 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
LEOVOLUTION:

A look at our post would simply outline who the ZOMBIE is. Oga face it, you simply have a problem with the man because he is YORUBA, and that makes you a tribalistic dimwit. Dasuki that has been on trial for a while, does he represent himself? eh? answer me anuofia. You dare call me a zombie yet the fundamental right of every accused being entitled to an attorney seemed to skip your brain. oh I forgot! your fellow Zombies have already eaten your brain.
Bro, why you dey bother with that unintelligent dude? From his monicker, how do you expect any intelligent stuff from him? You're arguing with a silly, deluded, blockhead, bro! You know when someone is stvpid, he doesn't know he is; only the people around him can feel the pain of his stvpidity.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by jargo89(m): 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
OVA200:
You said nobody should shed blood but he does i.e he is doom by the law so why defending him.

Even if a robber was caught during robbery lawyer will still try as much as possible to defend him.
Because that is their job. Even if the robber cant afford a lawyer, the Government will provide one for him. He has a right to be defended.

Lets say in a case where you were wrongly accused of theft and the whole world scorns you. Wont you be glad to get a good lawyer who increases your chances of justice? Would you still support the reason that since everyone believed you did it, you have to be prosecuted?

That is logic, brother.

The fact he has a lawyer doesnt mean he will win the case. Criminals b4 him have been entitled to lawyers, so should he. He isnt different.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by jargo89(m): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
gfullmoon:
Defending criminals with the sophistication of Evans can even cause the Lawyer's death. He will be likely kidnapped once Evans is freed and he will pay it back 10x. Money is not everything...
And what guarantees he will win the case? Do you even know if they will plead guilty and request for a lighter punishment? Left to you he should just be killed without trial. Have you asked yourself if the innocents wont also be wrongly killed daily with that system.

Logic friend, logic!!!

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by LEOVOLUTION(m): 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
Moukandjo:

Bro, why you dey bother with that unintelligent dude? From his monicker, how do you expect any intelligent stuff from him? You're arguing with a silly, deluded, blockhead, bro! You know when someone is stvpid, he doesn't know he is; only the people around him can feel the pain of his stvpidity.

Initially he thought I was Yoruba hence the reason for my defending the lawyer. but when he found out that I was a full blooded Igbo guy, it then perhaps dawned to him that the tribalism stuff I accused him of was actually true.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Jabioro: 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
His course with Evans cases is on monetary reward nothing more he has no better defense for him, the accused had given congressional statement, not one one not two.. any judge that do anyhow will surely see any how..
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
Princewell2012:

Hmm did i hear you say rotten wealth?

Now can you tell me the difference between if a politician stole money from the government account and if an armed man stole money from an individual?

Pls am waiting your response.

Thank you.

Your question doesn't relate to what I posted but to answer you I will say there is no difference.

My point is as humans, we have conscience. The lawyer has suppressed his conscience to proceed to defend such a person. The judiciary at the moment is having serious integrity issues and this lawyer at the moment is not helping. Yes Evans hasn't been charged but mind you there is a subsisting court order to keep him for 3 months before being charged.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Kaybaba5(m): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
Not his fault anyway evans is still alive. Hadn't been he has been lynched....
There will be no time for all this rubbish....

Mtchew
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by jargo89(m): 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Your question doesn't relate to what I posted but to answer you I will say there is no difference.

My point is as humans, we have conscience. The lawyer has suppressed his conscience to proceed to defend such a person. The judiciary at the moment is having serious integrity issues and this lawyer at the moment is not helping. Yes Evans hasn't been charged but mind you there is a subsisting court order to keep him for 3 months before being charged.
What do you suggest then? Him not being represented? That kind of contradicates the whole judicial process

Ethics comes before morals. As a doctor, I have to treat my patient and never divert the information about his health to anybody without his consent. I can only notify the police of his presence. It doesnt mean I am corrupt, it is just the ethics of my profession.

Have you heard of any criminal outside the country that wasnt represented legally in court?
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
jargo89:
What do you suggest then? Him not being represented? That kind of contradicates the whole judicial process

Ethics comes before morals. As a doctor, I have to treat my patient and never divert the information about his health to anybody without his consent. I can only notify the police of his presence. It doesnt mean I am corrupt, it is just the ethics of my profession.

Have you heard of any criminal outside the country that wasnt represented legally in court?

Nope, but mind you ethics are guided by morals.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
datola:
Lawyers they say are liars and this particular one has chosen to be the devil's advocate by making money from blood money.

He has quoted from the angle of legalism as usual but would the law of equity, morality and good conscience forgive him.

He would go in history and becomes infamous for defending the 'rights' of Nigeria's most wanted notorious criminal in recent time.

There is no much difrence between him and those defending the criminal politicians anyway.

The law is the law. Evans is entitled to a lawyer whether you like or not if not he wouldn't be trialed in court
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by karrim4real(m): 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ogungbe, May you experience the kidnapper work, so you can defend them.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
exlinklodge:
Guys guys guys

before you start causing this guy, you have to understand that someone is going to take the case.

And even if no one was willing to do that, if the case is charged to court, the court will assign a lawyer to him.

so chill guys

Anyway, check out this cars built by a Nigerian from kebbi State
@ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/07/checkout-these-cars-built-by-nigerian.html
Don't mind those ignorant persons commenting. Let the court decide not media
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by jargo89(m): 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Nope, but mind you ethics are guided by morals.
Great minds will tell morals can be misguided but ethics are clearly stated.

Let give you an example:

An overzealous doctor due to being a Christian that believes abortion is wrong may decide in a situation where the mother is at risk to try and avoid doing it. And the ethics of Medicine and even laws of the nation allows abortion if the mother is at risk.

The Doctor was clearlly morally guided by trying to save both but eventually he might kill both.

I am not in the position to claim you are wrong. Who am I? But morals can be misused and thus in all professions is seen as a lesser guide than ethics.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by gfullmoon(m): 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
jargo89:
And what guarantees he will win the case? Do you even know if they will plead guilty and request for a lighter punishment? Left to you he should just be killed without trial. Have you asked yourself if the innocents wont also be wrongly killed daily with that system.

Logic friend, logic!!!

My Friend Nigeria has almost defile logic, Evans possibility of been freed cannot be over ruled entirely.
I am not trying to justify jungle justice, but to make a point that money should not be the Lawyer's motive in taking up the case.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by jargo89(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
gfullmoon:

My Friend Nigeria has almost defile logic, Evans possibility of been freed cannot be over ruled entirely.
I am not trying to justify jungle justice, but to make a point that money should not be the Lawyer's motive in taking up the case.
Are you saying if you sell cars and Evans approach you to buy cares, you will decline selling due to your morals?

He is a lawyer. He studied law so he can make money from practising and feeding his family. So he isnt different from a car seller. He paid money through law school, he's earning his money now.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by harrowmykel(m): 2:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
Wow, you will definitely love this one of this apps..I loved them too..

free. instagram offline video saver *(save instagram videos without using data)* here -----

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/0097fac8

Or free whatsapp status saver *( save whatsapp status videos and images without using data)* here ---
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ba19a7db

Kindly share
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by agarawu23(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
IgboAmakaa:
Afonja and fruad self

Spit
he wants to defend your criminal bloda, u are calling him a fraudster shocked

@ topic
Only those ignorant of the law will blame the lawyer, even if Evans kill 100m ppl, he has the right to a lawyer to represent him.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by harrowmykel(m): 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Wow, you will definitely love this one of this apps developed by a nigerian..I loved them too..

free. instagram offline video saver *(save instagram videos without using data)* here -----

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/0097fac8

Or free whatsapp status saver *( save whatsapp status videos and images without using data)* here ---
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ba19a7db

Kindly share
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
jargo89:
May your source of knowledge and logic never dry.
THANKS! grin
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Bestchoice4me(m): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
SKYTREND:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/sunnewsonline.com/why-im-defending-evans-ogungbeje/amp/
shut up dia,na ur own share of d money u wan collect,deep down u,u knw wot u're doing isn't right.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
jargo89:
Are you saying if you sell cars and Evans approach you to buy cares, you will decline selling due to your morals?

He is a lawyer. He studied law so he can make money from practising and feeding his family. So he isnt different from a car seller. He paid money through law school, he's earning his money now.
Absolutely! otherwise why waste money and time learning or studying law for years? there would be no point.

it's the same like a doctor refusing to treat a criminal because of his morals, the doctor's job is to treat any patients even if they are criminals regardless of his morals. it's not up to the doctor to pass judgement let the courts decide! as I ve mentioned earlier Evans is still just a SUSPECT!
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Martin0(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
gypsey:
THANKS! grin
hahahahahahah u and ur lurgic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Officer Caught Molesting A 14-Year-Old Girl In Abuja (Photos) / Edo Woman Struck With Madness For Refusing To Bring Her Son For Initiation.PICS / Woman Raped And Shot By Armed Robbers Narrates Her Experience (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.