Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" (21475 Views)

Buhari Suspends Okoi Obono-Obla Indefinitely, Hands Him Over To ICPC / Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office / Okoi Obono-Obla's Nephew Killed In A Cult War In Cross River (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Ishilove: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
EzeUche:

Those of us who were raised in the East can discuss such issue than those who were raised outside the East.

I am sure you are writing this from Lagos or Abuja.

We from the East will decide our own matters.
You're from the East, I'm from the SS and i'm telling you're we're not interested in Biafra. It is not by force

2 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Mbediogu(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
kocvalour:
foolish man. so these are the kind of bastards advising the dullard..

chai... we are finished!!

We are not finished. . . They will finish themselves first. The zoo must kpafuka.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Mbediogu(m): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
Igbos:
Obono-obla grin

Na Afonja abi?

Cc liepod

Not Afonja, but from northern Cross River near Obudu. Na my brother be that o o. I surprise.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by AAinEqGuinea: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
On why Arewa youths who recently gave the Igbo a quit notice has not been arrested even when their offence is similar to that of the IPOB leader, he said, “Which of the offences is worse? Is it the one that wants a separate state for itself and breaking away from the country or the one that gave the quit notice and says some people should leave a part of the country?”

Lol.

Arrest the people who want to separate from coddled terrorism and social challenges no one can control. The separation itself is the worse offense.

This guy is a lawyer?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ishilove:

You're from the East, I'm from the SS and i'm telling you're we're not interested in Biafra. It is not by force

the same ezeuche who was bending our ears on ngwa this ngwa that some years back

it is always amusing seeing people who have been completely unable to put their own backyards in some semblance of order suddenly forming nationalist.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by FemiMaduka(m): 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
But seriously is any one in doubt that this Obla of a man is STUPID (I say this without any intention to sound abusive). How easy is it for people to lose their minds and integrity just because of a perceived need to impress some other people? The agitation for secession didn't even start a decade ago...so what is all that bullshit talk about 'because Buhari is in power'. The man is such a FOOL!

3 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
hammer6:

Which yeye constitution?

Can one man sit in his house and write constitution for a country with many nations?

Nigeria constitution is an illegal document. It will bow to the UN an Internatioanal Law.

For as long as Nigeria try to avoid referendum, knowing fully well the result will not be in their favour, they will continue to face international disgrace such as election boycott and many more to come.

For many years they did not only marginalise Igbo politically but also economically.

We have no deep seaport in the whole SS/SE, no International Airport, yet it is our resources they use to build Lagos and Abuja.

Now they cannot persuade the eastern electorate to vote in favour of Nigeria, so dey are coming with flimsy excuses.

Inasmuch as I don't have issues with self-determination of any group whatsoever, are you completely sure about the bolded? My doubts are based on sentiments from friends who are Igbos living outside Igbolands.

Igbos or Biafrans should seek political solutions rather than try to muscle their way through a referendum. And what better time to lobby the national assembly to amend our laws in their favor, seeing how the executive branch of govt and the legislature are at loggerheads. I have a feeling Osinbajo will assent such laws before an Obasanjo , Buhari, or even GEJ would. Just an opinion.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by NovusHomo(m): 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mbediogu:

Not Afonja, but from northern Cross River near Obudu. Na my brother be that o o. I surprise.

Goes to show that Kanu and his manipilating thugs will eventually be on their own.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by EzeUche(m): 2:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
oyb:

the same ezeuche who was bending our ears on ngwa this ngwa that some years back

it is always amusing seeing people who have been completely unable to put their own backyards in some semblance of order suddenly forming nationalist.

oyb you have a good memory. Chinyenye and Abagworo had issues with the Aro.

I had to defend the dignity of Arochuku. And this rivalry is older than the creation of Nigeria.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nonaira1: 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
He's a lawyer working for the PRESIDENCY.

Wtf did we expect him to say.

The greedy cows eating all the greens won't want to change anything that'll atop their greediness.

Fucking bastard nation with worthless people as leaders. I seriously despise Nigeria. Despise it alot. I'll continue to pray that country burns like it's currently burning until they divide it and I don't have to share a nation with bastards and greedy fools con politicians.

Heck look at his replies in regards to the "Arewa youths". Last I checked both is a terrorism in that their "constitution" he's speaking off. I wonder how this clown got his law degree. Complete illiterate by the looks of it

5 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by EzeUche(m): 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ishilove:

There is no such thing as SS. I am Aro Igbo and Ibibio who was born and raised in Port Harcourt.

What are you?

2 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by repogirl(f): 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
And if you look at his face, you would think he is very intelligent.

Anyway, its his allegiance to Buhari that is causing him to say rubbish and twist the law.

3 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
how are their problem my problem can't everyone go it separate way peacefully , why won't I agitate for Biafran when the government is one sided and bias.. I am an Igbo man I want to control what beneath my land , so do I want ijaw man, ikwere man , Yoruba man , Fulani man to control what they have without sharing it with me , how do they want to share the aftereffects of quarter system they created in North, it can't be possible, biafra is bigger than one man, this is a movement it have come to stay, the earlier these mgbati people and their Almajiri allies understand this , the better for them... I'm out of here b4 skull miners descend on me

2 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
hammer6:

For many years they did not only marginalise Igbo politically but also economically.

We have no deep seaport in the whole SS/SE, no International Airport, yet it is our resources they use to build Lagos and Abuja.

Now they cannot persuade the eastern electorate to vote in favour of Nigeria, so dey are coming with flimsy excuses.

Sir please I don't know much. Which resource does Biafra have?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ishilove:

don't worry we are going to chase u back to ur ancestral home... Cameroon grin grin grin
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by prof12(m): 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
Whether referendum is in the constitution or not, the issue is what the people want is what should be given to them.
The FG should gear towards arranging a referendum for everyone to have peace of mind and a sense of focus.

I think Okoi is trying to protect his interests and investments period.

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Ahmedhussain3463: 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
hammer6:
Becos Nigeria has already lost.

Nigeria held referendum and South West Cameroon left, Adamawa came.

Nigeria will hold referendum so Biafra can exit.

If Nigeria fails, the UN will do it for them.
try find out hw many years now that catalonans,kashmir and even palestinian av being agitating for statehood.one nigeria forever,we will manage restructuring
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by phenomem(m): 3:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
Smily202:
Chai Elderly man speaking like a stupid child because He's enjoying the statue qou... So u mean the coutitution cannot be ammeded again.? HES EVEN A LAWYER ... later they will say we should respect the elders.

Who is going to amend it? The nnamdi Kanu that wanna spill your blood for war while his children are in the UK all in the name of leaving Nigeria or the lawmakers that doesn't know weither to support biafra or continue making their money in the house of representatives? Go and get your facts right and read the constitution. If the referendum is going to take place, know that the constitution will only allow it if the whole nation participates. Now tell me who is going to lose?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by bizzibodi(m): 3:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
Paperwhite:
Who told you it's not possiblel? The Constitution can be amended.So the defective system Nigeria operates should continue? Everybody is just tired of this country.A revolution is at hand that will sweep these useless people holding this nation to ransome because they're benefitting from the statuquo.So don't worry,Nigeria will either divide peacefully or by force.Meanwhile this man alongside the attorney general and the EFCC have been endlessly losing high-profile anti-corruption cases because of poor legal technicalities is the one talking this shit.

whuz gon amend d constitution?d hausa-fulani lead nass,whom nnamdi kanu took pleasure in insulting?

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by victorazy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
Aufbauh:
That's why i've always advised those Ipob miscreants fooling after one psychopath to stop wasting their youthfulness pursuing pathetic aimless and untenable dream.

They should rather channel their profound energy to meaningful and realistic goal instead of giving solidity to whirlwind..

But If they want to continue their exercise , they at liberty after all the Catalonia has been agitating for a secession for the past 300 years.

Even Pharaoh said the same to Israelite, we all know how it went down.

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by burkingx(f): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
grin

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Ishilove: 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
don't worry we are going to chase u back to ur ancestral home... Cameroon grin grin grin
Cameroon ko, Cambodia ni

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
hammer6:

Which yeye constitution?

Can one man sit in his house and write constitution for a country with many nations?

Nigeria constitution is an illegal document. It will bow to the UN an Internatioanal Law.

For as long as Nigeria try to avoid referendum, knowing fully well the result will not be in their favour, they will continue to face international disgrace such as election boycott and many more to come.

Which resources if I may know?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by PVision2020(m): 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
evilyoruba:
Who makes law and for whom ....People make law for people....many laws were not in the constitution before now, yet people go by, so referendum must come by....northern soldiers who made the constitution were never law makers, so throw the damn constitution away immediately and give biafran referendum.... Is not by force to live together
Your Hero Nnamdi Azikiwe was the one who vehemently stood against the inclusion of the right to Secession/Referendum in the Nigerian Constitution. So for another Nnamdi (kanu) to be agitating for secession which is father fought against only show that some people are generationaly confused.
Your Son Aguyi Ironsi was the one that collapsed the Regional govt. Into a Unitary Govt. So Igbos have no right to call for restructuring.
evilyoruba:
Who makes law and for whom ....People make law for people....many laws were not in the constitution before now, yet people go by, so referendum must come by....northern soldiers who made the constitution were never law makers, so throw the damn constitution away immediately and give biafran referendum.... Is not by force to live together
Your Hero Nnamdi Azikiwe was the one who vehemently stood against the inclusion of the right to Secession/Referendum in the Nigerian Constitution. So for another Nnamdi (kanu) to be agitating for secession which is father fought against only show that some people are generationaly confused.
Your Son Aguyi Ironsi was the one that collapsed the Regional govt. Into a Unitary Govt. So Igbos have no right to call for restructuring.
evilyoruba:
Your Son Aguyi Ironsi was the one who collapsed the Regional govts. Into a Unitary Govt. So Igbos have no right to call for restructuring.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by castrokins(m): 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
This Eediot From Cross River Will Not Cease To Spew Nonesense. Who Told You It's Impossible? Even The Party He Represents Provided For Restructuring.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Brugo(m): 3:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Are you an illiterate

The man says that the laws of the country forbids secession

Which proves that most of asking the Igbos to go to the National Assembly are political illiterates

It also proves that IPOB approach is the best since Nigeria don't want to abide by UN laws on Referendum

Bigotry won't let you see reason. The only people who can amend the constitution are lawmakers. Take your agitation to them so they can amend the constitution to support a referendum.

Perhaps you already know that your Igbo legislators have sold their loyalties for porridge. grin Your IPOB cannot achieve any rubbish referendum.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by agog: 3:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Then what are you doing on a platform created by a Yoruba man

deedeedee1:

Yoruba man, should you be in biafra thread? Why are some Yorubas so obsessed with biafra? There is a thread about oodua republic, but you will never make any contribution. Instead na biafra thread una go dey masturbate on top.
Na wa oo
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by deedeedee1: 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
agog:
Then what are you doing on a platform created by a Yoruba man

i am a yoruba man too. I just hate it when i see yorubas talk or insult people that want to leave the country and form their's.
I hate it very much

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
deedeedee1:

Yoruba man, should you be in biafra thread? Why are some Yorubas so obsessed with biafra? There is a thread about oodua republic, but you will never make any contribution. Instead na biafra thread una go dey masturbate on top.
Na wa oo
Shut up, why won't he, did your father buy phone and data for him. If you don't want him to comment on it, then stop bringing the news to Yoruba man site. Or any social media.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
deedeedee1:

i am a yoruba man too. I just hate it when i see yorubas talk or insult people that want to leave the country and form their's.
I hate it very much
Yoruba man my foot. You hate it when they insult ppl that want to form their country but likes it when they insult yorubas. Oh, sorry, all your past comments really described you a Yoruba man. Are you this afraid?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by deedeedee1: 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
wizzakosh:
Shut up, why won't he, did your father buy phone and data for him. If you don't want him to comment on it, then stop bringing the news to Yoruba man site. Or any social media.
Baba, yoruba ni mi ooo.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by deedeedee1: 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
wizzakosh:
Yoruba man my foot.
Read my previous comments. Yorubas should stop defending a useless country like Nigeria. Let it split

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdulmumin Jibrin And Wife, Maryam Welcome A Baby Girl (photos) / Justice Valentine Ashi Is Dead / PDP Rakes In ₦646 Million From 17 Presidential Aspirants, Ends Forms Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.