Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" (21477 Views)

Buhari Suspends Okoi Obono-Obla Indefinitely, Hands Him Over To ICPC / Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office / Okoi Obono-Obla's Nephew Killed In A Cult War In Cross River (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
deedeedee1:

Read my previous comments. Yorubas should stop defending a useless country like Nigeria. Let it split
I have never supported the goddamn nation, and I don't comment much on the issue cos I want all to go. But the moment they start insulting my tribe, my people, I always return it to them, but they will start crying how they are hated forgetting they started it first. I am Yoruba before Nigeria, and if Nigeria splits today, I will still be Yoruba. So I cannot take it when some people insult my identity.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by famology(m): 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
RisingSun1:
HAS HE HEARD OF CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT BEFORE?

Even South Africa has succession clause in their constitution.
Has it been amended yet?why nt wait until it is.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by deedeedee1: 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
wizzakosh:
I have never supported the goddamn nation, and I don't comment much on the issue cos I want all to go. But the moment they start insulting my tribe, my people, I always return it to them, but they will start crying how they are hated forgetting they started it first. I am Yoruba before Nigeria, and if Nigeria splits today, I will still be Yoruba. So I cannot take it when some people insult my identity.
Lols! Egbon, the only reason you see me attack yorubas is if they insult people that want to leave the country or the ones that shout "one Nigeria" all over the place. They stink me! I know that these igbos blame Yorubas for everything, this is one of the reasons i support Nigeria disintegration. They will have nobody to blame and insult anymore when they get biafra.
Let the country just split and everybody should go and answer their father's name
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
Did I hear you said UN?
Una go Wait tired
hammer6:
Becos Nigeria has already lost.

Nigeria held referendum and South West Cameroon left, Adamawa came.

Nigeria will hold referendum so Biafra can exit.

If Nigeria fails, the UN will do it for them.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by ScotsReferendum: 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
Brugo:

Bigotry won't let you see reason. The only people who can amend the constitution are lawmakers. Take your agitation to them so they can amend the constitution to support a referendum.

Perhaps you already know that your Igbo legislators have sold their loyalties for porridge. grin Your IPOB cannot achieve any rubbish referendum.
greenpasture

And when they refused, what then should IPOB do.?

You see why those of you chanting go to national assembly are political illiterates.

I repeat

IPOB is on the right track.

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Omeokachie: 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Is the ceeding of Bakassi in the constitution?

4 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by InvertedHammer: 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
okosodo:
And he is a lawyer

Have you listened to Chief Okoi? You will wonder where he got his law degree from. The man is as dumb as a door knob.
Let us take sentiment aside, Nigeria has not successfully prosecuted any criminal since PMB came into power. Every one of the looters walked with their loot. Sarki, PEJ, Orubebe, FFK, etc. and someone somewhere is still listening to the likes of Chief Okoi. He is only there to collect his salaries and entitlements.
I am not a lawyer but if I sue in pro per and Okoi is the defending attorney, I can walk through him in a law court. That's how much I respect his legal knowledge.
/

3 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by positivetaught: 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
The genuine course of the agitations for the restructuring of the country shall collapse due to poor thought process, greed,lack of coordination, n impossible demands, for goodness sake what is the feasibility of conducting a referendum in the nearest future, what is the feasibility if going back to 1963 constitution, is it not better to push for practically possible position like restructuring based on current state structure with a proviso on future creation of states where possible n necessary, but with more emphasis of political power n economic administrative model acceptable by all rather pursuing a restructuring geared towards radical alterations if the country that is most likely to face resistance?,if this opportunity is allowed to fail,the core north will just jeer at the rest of the country n scornfully treat others with complete contempt.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Mbediogu(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
NovusHomo:

Goes to show that Kanu and his manipilating thugs will eventually be on their own.

But truth will prevail in the end. Obla is doing bread and butter hatchet job. Forced marriages don't work excerpt among the Moslems.

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Dancos: 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
Who told you it's not possiblel? The Constitution can be amended.So the defective system Nigeria operates should continue? Everybody is just tired of this country.A revolution is at hand that will sweep these useless people holding this nation to ransome because they're benefitting from the statuquo.So don't worry,Nigeria will either divide peacefully or by force.Meanwhile this man alongside the attorney general and the EFCC have been endlessly losing high-profile anti-corruption cases because of poor legal technicalities is the one talking this poo.

Thank you Nnamdi Kalu for letting us know that 99% in this govt are goat putting on coats. Calling white black. Nigerian const. is open to amrndment. Since yhr is long over due wsit for Nnamdi Kalu he will show you guys the way forward. Octobrr1st 2017 we stand.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
hammer6:

Dont fool yourself. The UN never intervenes in the internal affairs of sovereign nation states EXCEPT when there is a threat to world peace which means war. Can you cite any parallel example where the UN has compelled any country to hold a referendum?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by hammer6: 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
GoroTango:
Dont fool yourself. The UN never intervenes in the internal affairs of sovereign nation states EXCEPT when there is a threat to world peace which means war. Can you cite any parallel example where the UN has compelled any country to hold a referendum?

Western Sahara in our very own Africa.

https://www.un.org/press/en/2016/sc12346.doc.htm

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-western-sahara-idUSKBN17V05C

https://www.apnews.com/5153100a2c6a44649db28707c5c5de69
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Mujtahida: 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
deedeedee1:

Yoruba man, should you be in biafra thread? Why are some Yorubas so obsessed with biafra? There is a thread about oodua republic, but you will never make any contribution. Instead na biafra thread una go dey masturbate on top.
Na wa oo
Free the guy! What's your own? Nigerians comment on the English premiership, on events in South Africa, Kenya, Zimbabwe and yet you want to shame the guy. Who made you Lord over what he should or should not comment on?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by PreyingMantis(m): 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ishilove:
Stop lumping SS into the Biafran delusion. We are not interested
Wetin concern Afonja with Biafra?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by PreyingMantis(m): 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Abagworo:
Thank God most people have realised it's PDP sponsoring it. It will end with an internal Igbo vs Igbo war or general massacre of Igbos across Nigeria as PDP is gradually withdrawing their support.
I seriously pray you get massacred in the process. Deluded folks like you think you'll be spared because you're a Biafra hater. I challenge you to embark on that journey to Bauchi or Kano by September ending. We can use your case as a litmus test.

Everything is PDP vs APC to you. What kind of human being are you?

2 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by PreyingMantis(m): 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
bobnatlo:
So myb restructuring may do for now
Restructuring is not in the constitution as well. So how do you intend to achieve that?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by PreyingMantis(m): 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
EzeUche:
There is no such thing as SS. I am Aro Igbo and Ibibio who was born and raised in Port Harcourt.

What are you?
Don't expect any answer from that miscreant.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by slivertongue: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
if restructuring and referedum can't and won't improve the governance process and inter-groups relations. What measure then can Nigeria apply to steady the ship of state?
This man just told Nigerians that he is one of the problems with the change team. How on earth will characters with this type of thought pattern improve governance and deliver progress?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by PreyingMantis(m): 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
Weselion:
Sir please I don't know much. Which resource does Biafra have?
The most important resource on earth is human resource. Biafra has it in abundance.

Now gtfo!
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by sapele914(m): 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
hammer6:

Ignorance & a High level of illiteracy,mixed up with a false illusion,I won't say I pity you because you can't be taken seriously as a person of stable comprehension. If Nigeria fails, the UN will do it for us you claim?Na true,I thought Donald J Trump also promised you people Biafra on CNN before he won the US election?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by sapele914(m): 7:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
PreyingMantis:
The most important resource on earth is human resource. Biafra has it in abundance.

Now gtfo!
Population of the south east 20 million at best,Nigeria 160 million with the Atlantic Ocean on both bights of the country,now tell me isn't that too much Human resource in abundance?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by slivertongue: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
PreyingMantis:
Restructuring is not in the constitution as well. So how do you intend to achieve that?

Restructuring is paradigm shift. Doing things more progressively. eg do away with national grid, structure power to regions of three or four states sell d excess to nearby states or region then mark out states or regions without established means of generating power and develop the best means to generate for them. desert state can develop theirs based on solar and wind.

agric is our comparative advantage so we can agree or design a policy which will provide funds for mechanized farming, modern silos etc with government buying over the surplus and sell it. At the same time industries for the processing of this raw materials sud be estalished. etc
Nigeria is not lacking in willing and responsible enterprenures. There is no need for dogon turanci and setting up committees. The Nigerian law as it is, is good enough to midwife change even if it is a little if we keep faith with all its provisions but we observe the law in breach.
lastly Nigeria's is problem is not really with the constitution even though it contributes alittle to dilemma but the operators are the problem
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by PreyingMantis(m): 7:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
slivertongue:
Restructuring is paradigm shift. Doing things more progressively. eg do away with national grid, structure power to regions of three or four states sell d excess to nearby states or region then mark out states or regions without established means of generating power and develop the best means to generate for them. desert state can develop theirs based on solar and wind.

agric is our comparative advantage so we can agree or design a policy which will provide funds for mechanized farming, modern silos etc with government buying over the surplus and sell it. At the same time industries for the processing of this raw materials sud be estalished. etc
Nigeria is not lacking in willing and responsible enterprenures. There is no need for dogon turanci and setting up committees. The Nigerian law as it is, is good enough to midwife change even if it is a little if we keep faith with all its provisions but we observe the law in breach.
lastly Nigeria's is problem is not really with the constitution even though it contributes alittle to dilemma but the operators are the problem
The Nigerian constitution doesn't provide for what you're talking about. How difficult is it for you to understand?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by PreyingMantis(m): 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
sapele914:
Population of the south east 20 million at best,Nigeria 160 million with the Atlantic Ocean on both bights of the country,now tell me isn't that too much Human resource in abundance?
Population is not human resource. I guess you're a very slow individual. I don't engage your type. Have a nice day!
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by sapele914(m): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
evilyoruba:
Who makes law and for whom ....People make law for people....many laws were not in the constitution before now, yet people go by, so referendum must come by....northern soldiers who made the constitution were never law makers, so throw the damn constitution away immediately and give biafran referendum.... Is not by force to live together
I know the truth is a bitter pill to swallow,I thought we gave Bakassi to Cameroun some years ago?why not move to Cameroun to claim your rights,no one has ever pleaded with you to stay in Nigeria or don't you have an Ecowas passport? since you are not qualified to carry a Nigeria Passport as a biafran.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by sapele914(m): 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
hammer6:

Which yeye constitution?

Can one man sit in his house and write constitution for a country with many nations?

Nigeria constitution is an illegal document. It will bow to the UN an Internatioanal Law.

For as long as Nigeria try to avoid referendum, knowing fully well the result will not be in their favour, they will continue to face international disgrace such as election boycott and many more to come.

For many years they did not only marginalise Igbo politically but also economically.

We have no deep seaport in the whole SS/SE, no International Airport, yet it is our resources they use to build Lagos and Abuja.

Now they cannot persuade the eastern electorate to vote in favour of Nigeria, so dey are coming with flimsy excuses.
How can you have a sea port in biafra when you are land logged,South South we have the Atlantic Ocean,no water for south east and LAZY man please tell me who has stopped the south south and south east from building a sea port?,you will depend on Nigeria for everything. In your imaginary biafra and Nigeria will single handedly pick your purportedly leaders for the next 100 years like what is happening between Hong Kong and China ,quite obvious you don't have a passport,I know Enugu has an international airport?Who stopped your state government from building an international standaed airport?lazy man.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by jiangchu: 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
hammer6:

Which yeye constitution?

Can one man sit in his house and write constitution for a country with many nations?

Nigeria constitution is an illegal document. It will bow to the UN an Internatioanal Law.

For as long as Nigeria try to avoid referendum, knowing fully well the result will not be in their favour, they will continue to face international disgrace such as election boycott and many more to come.

For many years they did not only marginalise Igbo politically but also economically.

We have no deep seaport in the whole SS/SE, no International Airport, yet it is our resources they use to build Lagos and Abuja.

Now they cannot persuade the eastern electorate to vote in favour of Nigeria, so dey are coming with flimsy excuses.
how were you marginalise when you guys were the one that develop lagos and abuja. why didn't you develop your states
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by magzey: 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=hammer6 post=58009338]Becos Nigeria has already lost.

If Nigeria fails, the UN will do it for them. [/quote
A country in the Middle of a country I think the people agitating for Biafra Has Mental disturbance. They need rehabilitation
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by slivertongue: 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
PreyingMantis:
The Nigerian constitution doesn't provide for what you're talking about. How difficult is it for you to understand?

the constitution doesnt provide for graft but they engage in it
the constitution doesnt provide for change - paradigm shift which is the platform this govt campaigned on
the constitution doesnt provide for progress
so what does it provide for?
look u dont need to overhaul the constitution to do the above. simple policy design within existing framework will be a starting point. tell the constitutional provision for the roads in abj, stadium, railways, airports
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
PreyingMantis:

Now gtfo!

But we have not seen any effect of the human resource you are talking about in Biafra. Or are they in Lagos and Kano developing the no man's land?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by biafran1stson(m): 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hahahahahahahahaha. Fellow Biafrans do not loose sleep over this errand boy.

Come 18 November 2017, the Anambra Election boycott will format their brain and they will start reasoning properly

All hail Biafra!

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
RisingSun1:
HAS HE HEARD OF CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT BEFORE?

Even South Africa has succession clause in their constitution.

Can u amend d constitution in ur bedroom? He said such amendment must be through the national assembly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ajimobi, Ambode, Alaafin, Others Insist On Restructuring / Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh / Mammoth Crowd As Alao-akala Launches Campaign In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.