Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,533 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why (2287 Views)

Opinion:Nnamdi Kanu Is Right;Atiku’s Adamawa Was In Northern Cameroon- The Cable / OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men / [OPINION] Nnamdi Kanu Does Not Listen To Advice? Here's Why! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 01, 2017
Firsly, I hope this was posted in the right section; just couldn't fathom a more appropriate section. Now to the point. It is no longer news that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, like his predecessor, the late Chukwemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, is presently fronting an agitation for Biafra. A sovereign state for the Ibos and other southern states, with the south - west excluded though.

The strategy employed by the Mazi, and the massive followership he's enjoying, especially from the south - east, I think, is worth looking at, at least before we talk about the implications. His strategy is obviously planting seeds of hatred and (or) bitterness towards anything "Nigeria" in his people, and demand their their support as he spear - heads agitation for secession. Well, he seems to be enjoying in abundance what he requested.

Now, the problem lies in the fact that, with this hate and bitterness he has planted - on fertile grounds I must say, the mentality of an average Ibo man is gradually changing. An average Nigerian is seing a fellow Nigerian of Ibo descent, while the Ibo man is gradually seing an enemy to be treated like one. If this persists, other Nigerians will start seing them in like manner and that's where war starts loading from. The quit notice points to that direction. But how prepared are the Ibos for another civil war? Little wonder some ethnic groups, communities, etc are dissociating themselves from his agitation.

Secondly, hatred and bitterness, we know, are psychological parameters as we all know. They also have that tendency of invading our subconscious, and informing our decisions on imulse. You wouldn't want to have a country you fought for, littered with such people, would you? If you are done eating, is it not to just wash your hand and disembark? Must you condemn the food to show you've had enough? If you are tired of work, you resign, not condemn the entire arrangement.

Those said, Nnamdi Kanu could be leading the Ibos to destruction; by starting a war they cannot finish, and planting seeds of destruction (hatred and bitterness) in his people. Which, even if they eventually leave, could affect them negatively.
My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by oyatz(m): 9:59am On Jul 01, 2017
He is a war monger

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by eshietIntrepid(m): 10:05am On Jul 01, 2017
How will you ever progress in life when you can't even move pass this old story.

I cant believe nnamdi KANU is giving you this much sleepless night.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by simplycarro: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2017
Ibo man is gradually seing an enemy to be treated like one. If this persists, other Nigerians will start seing them in like manner and that's where war starts loading

Very true

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by ApexPredator: 10:21am On Jul 01, 2017
Thanks for your "concern", we'll be alright. Funny how you people keep recycling that Facebook post of 2 yrs ago when Nnamdi Kanu wasn't so popular to promote your agenda.
Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 01, 2017
oyatz:
He is a war monger
Who obviously lacks the stomach to see it through, right?
Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by samincredible44(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2017
op life must be very frustrating for u.u brought up an article for 2yrs just to make pple know that u have a nl account but u will never bring up d one that buhari said that he will make Nigeria ungovernable if he losses d election during gej administration

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 01, 2017
eshietIntrepid:
How will you ever progress in life when you can't even move pass this old story.

I can believe nnamdi KANU is giving you this much sleepless night.
oboy, see one of them!!!

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 01, 2017
ApexPredator:
Thanks for your "concern", we'll be alright. Funny how you people keep recycling that Facebook post of 2 yrs ago when Nnamdi Kanu wasn't so popular to promote your agenda.
Are you sure? Because the last time I checked, Nnamdi is the determinant factor.

Btw, I guess "two years ago" means its not Kanu that posted it. In your dictionary though.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2017
samincredible44:
op life must be very frustrating for u.u brought up an article for 2yrs just to make pple know that u have a nl account but u will never bring up d one that buhari said that he will make Nigeria ungovernable if he losses d election during gej administration
You would have helped to bring that up instead of wasting the post on a topic you are obviously not interested in cool

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by limeta(f): 11:21am On Jul 01, 2017
Long talk igbo.s should be allowed to go so is south south.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by pauljumbo: 11:37am On Jul 01, 2017
Nigeria is very complex

The only thing that will make any region relevant in Nigeria today is violent.

The death of abiola makes a Yoruba man obasanjo becomes president.

The Niger delta struggle makes Jonathan president

Bono haram and chibok girl's makes buhari president

So the igbos is left with biafra struggle to make an igbo man president.

QuitNotice:
Firsly, I hope this was posted in the right section; just couldn't fathom a more appropriate section. Now to the point. It is no longer news that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, like his predecessor, the late Chukwemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, is presently fronting an agitation for Biafra. A sovereign state for the Ibos and other southern states, with the south - west excluded though.

The strategy employed by the Mazi, and the massive followership he's enjoying, especially from the south - east, I think, is worth looking at, at least before we talk about the implications. His strategy is obviously planting seeds of hatred and (or) bitterness towards anything "Nigeria" in his people, and demand their their support as he spear - heads agitation for secession. Well, he seems to be enjoying in abundance what he requested.

Now, the problem lies in the fact that, with this hate and bitterness he has planted - on fertile grounds I must say, the mentality of an average Ibo man is gradually changing. An average Nigerian is seing a fellow Nigerian of Ibo descent, while the Ibo man is gradually seing an enemy to be treated like one. If this persists, other Nigerians will start seing them in like manner and that's where war starts loading from. The quit notice points to that direction. But how prepared are the Ibos for another civil war? Little wonder some ethnic groups, communities, etc are dissociating themselves from his agitation.

Secondly, hatred and bitterness, we know, are psychological parameters as we all know. They also have that tendency of invading our subconscious, and informing our decisions on imulse. You wouldn't want to have a country you fought for, littered with such people, would you? If you are done eating, is it not to just wash your hand and disembark? Must you condemn the food to show you've had enough? If you are tired of work, you resign, not condemn the entire arrangement.

Those said, Nnamdi Kanu could be leading the Ibos to destruction; by starting a war they cannot finish, and planting seeds of destruction (hatred and bitterness) in his people. Which, even if they eventually leave, could affect them negatively.
My opinion though.
Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by EzeUche(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2017
I am sorry if Nnamdi Kanu is making you feel uncomfortable, but Nigeria has been uncomfortable for Igbos for a long time.

If you treated the Igbos with respect like you were supposed to and treated us fairly, we would not had to go this far.

We do not harm anyone, Igbos simply worry about their business, but your jealousy and hatred is still aimed at us.

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
limeta:
Long talk igbo.s should be allowed to go so is south south.
I'm sure they will be let loose if they keep pressing, esp, in the right way and manner. In the quest for freedom (secession), the parent country has always been found to initially repel the attempt.
Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by mgbadike81: 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
after the Hausa vs Yoruba clash at ife,only yorubas were arrested including an oba,they're still unjustly detained till today plus many other problems affecting the yorubas but you hardly see them agitate or discuss their problems rather they would be moving from one igbo thread to another spewing hatred over what is not their concern. a famous sage said that "an unexamined life is not worth living"

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by simplycarro: 8:57am On Jul 02, 2017
pauljumbo:
Nigeria is very complex

The only thing that will make any region relevant in Nigeria today is violent.

The death of abiola makes a Yoruba man obasanjo becomes president.

The Niger delta struggle makes Jonathan president

Bono haram and chibok girl's makes buhari president

So the igbos is left with biafra struggle to make an igbo man president.

How would violent in the SE that is of no any known economic importance to Nigeria make ibo man president?
How would insults of other tribes and hate rhetoric make any Igbo man president?
I still don't think Igbos are using their brain if the presidency is what they want

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by paschu: 9:28am On Jul 02, 2017
So, small kid, I have few questions for you:

1) Whose hate speech was responsible for the Jos massacre of Igbos in 1945 ?

2) Whose hate speech was responsible for the Kano massacre of igbos in 1953?

3) Whose hate speech was responsible for the entire nothern masscre of igbos in 1966?

4) Whose hate speech was responsible for bombing and mass starvation of millions of igbo children and women between 1967 and 1970?

5) Whose hate speech was resposible for the political bulkanization of the igbo nation after the war?

6) Whose hate speech was responsible for the national policy of economic and academic emasculation of the igbos since after the war?

7) Whose hate speech was responsible for the abandonment of the war ruins of the igbo nation and its damaged infastructures since the past 50 years, whereas the North East whose islamic caliphate caused worse mayhem to Nigerians (than Biafra ever did in its 3-year war) is already getting rebuilt with federal funding despite the fact that the war with the caliphate is still on?

Failure to answer each of the above questions honestly and satisfactorily will be a huge indictment on your decency as a person.

QuitNotice:

My opinion though.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by gartamanta: 9:54am On Jul 02, 2017
paschu:

1) Whose hate speech was respondible for the Jos massacre of Igbos in 1945 ?

3) Whose hate speech was responsible for the entire nothern masscre of igbos in 1966?

4) Whose hate speech was responsible for bombing and mass starvation of millions of igbo children and women between 1967 and 1970?

5) Whose hate speech was resposible for the political bulkanization of the igbo nation after the war?

6) Whose hate speech was responsible for the national policy of economic and academic emasculation of the igbos since after the war?

7) Whose hate speech was responsible for the abandonment of the war ruins of the igbo nation and its infastructures since the past 50 years, whereas the North East whose islamic caliphate caused worse mayhem to Nigerians (than Biafra ever did in its 3-year war) is already getting rebuilt with federal funding despite the fact that the war with the caliphate is still on?

Failure to answer each of the above questions honestly and satisfactorily will be a huge indictment on your decency as a person.

Forget these hypocrites that are on Kanu's case all the time. Look at the long history of genocide commited against Kanu's people and someone will wondering why Kanu has not embraced Nigeria?

People are actively killing other people but another persons headache is what Kanu said or didnt say?

Stupidity everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by paschu: 11:00am On Jul 02, 2017
It's so shameful, my brother.

Imagine that even todlers, like the OP, who know nada about the history of their own fathers, think they have valid opinion on national issues as complex as ethnicity and self-determination.

gartamanta:

Forget these hypocrites that are on Kanu's case all the time. Look at the long history of genocide commited against Kanu's people and someone will wondering why Kanu has not embraced Nigeria?

People are actively killing other people but another persons headache is what Kanu said or didnt say?

Stupidity everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by jaychubi: 11:46am On Jul 02, 2017
QuitNotice:

My opinion though.

Unity beggar grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by cursedAbiola(f): 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
[s]
QuitNotice:
Who obviously lacks the stomach to see it through, right?
[/s]
Nonsense trash

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
una don pursue op from him thread grin grin grin

the mpam wan feel funky.. na im he collect.

Quitnotice ma nyansh.. tongue
Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
Big kid, that doesn't mean your people should start a war they can't finish. Whatever happened in the past doesn't mean Kanu is leading you guys on the right path, stop derailing!!!
paschu:

1) Whose hate speech was responsible for the Jos massacre of Igbos in 1945 ?

7) Whose hate speech was responsible for the abandonment of the war ruins of the igbo nation and its damaged infastructures since the past 50 years, whereas the North East whose islamic caliphate caused worse mayhem to Nigerians (than Biafra ever did in its 3-year war) is already getting rebuilt with federal funding despite the fact that the war with the caliphate is still on?

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Caseless: 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
He's a thief!
Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
Well, old man, keep following Kanu and let's see what becomes of the Ibos. I just pity two classes of people:
(1). The innocent people that will be mistook as Ibos
(2). The innocent families of those that stupidly followed a man who's family is in the UK, to start a war in Nigeria. I rest my case
paschu:
It's so shameful, my brother.

Imagine that even todlers, like the OP, who know nada about the history of their own fathers, think they have valid opinion on national issues as complex as ethnicity and self-determination.

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
I'm still much around and can't hide from my opinion. I knew they were going to come all out, en mass to defend their 'messiah' even before I typed in the first alphabet of this post.
I'm damn sure that you lack an opinion of your own that's why you are following them like the back tires of a vehicle, smh
bounty007:
una don pursue op from him thread grin grin grin

the mpam wan feel funky.. na im he collect.

Quitnotice ma nyansh.. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by paschu: 11:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
Kid, no need to rest your case, okay?. You should have boldly come clean with your war mongering and igbo hating threat right from the onset. Don't be a coward. No need to hide behind shadows and try to blame kanu for your ingrained acute hatred for the igbos. Come clean with your hate, or judt shut up.

QuitNotice:
Well, old man, keep following Kanu and let's see what becomes of the Ibos. I just pity two classes of people:
(1). The innocent people that will be mistook as Ibos
(2). The innocent families of those that stupidly followed a man who's family is in the UK, to start a war in Nigeria. I rest my case
Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
eshietIntrepid:

I cant believe nnamdi KANU is giving you this much sleepless night.
Nnamdi Kanu is leading you igbos into another war. The Nigerian state will not give in to the demands he is making without a violent conflict. I foresee IPOB morph into a terrorist organization with serious security implications for the south east

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by fulanmafia: 11:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
GoroTango:
Nnamdi Kanu is leading you igbos into another war. The Nigerian state will not give in to the demands he is making without a violent conflict. I foresee IPOB morph into a terrorist organization with serious security implications for the south east

Very true indeed.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why by Princesaha: 1:37am On Jul 03, 2017
GoroTango:
When did you guys start caring for the Igbos? Why not face your almajiri north and its problems of Boko Haram killings and bombings?. TUFIAKWA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Major Changes In Nnpc Top Management / ATIKU Sold Nitel, Here is the proof . / Photos From PDP leaders Protest At INEC HQ Over Presidential Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.