Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,466 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men (1819 Views)

Opinion:Nnamdi Kanu Is Right;Atiku’s Adamawa Was In Northern Cameroon- The Cable / Opinion: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Helping Ibos - See Why / [OPINION] Nnamdi Kanu Does Not Listen To Advice? Here's Why! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by bros1234(m): 5:51am On Sep 18, 2017
"We have a responsibility to history - and to a concerned world - to set the record straight." - Hillary Clinton.

Anytime you hear that Nigerian politics is a dirty game, always remember Nnamdi Kanu. He has been played, and it was all for politics.

For the military to proscribe him a terrorist (though wrong) is understandable. They had an order from above to stop him by all means. But if you thought that order was not supported by the South East Governors, your governors, his own people, then you're on your own.

It was all for politics.

The way and manner in which the so-called governors rushed and supported the proscription, you'll begin to wonder if these were not the same people that held a meeting with him a few days ago, snapped pictures with him, gave him hope that they are listening, looking for a common ground for everyone.

So how did they suddenly come to an agreement after a short emergency meeting? Why not call on the army and the presidency to withdraw soldiers with immediate effect and let them sort the issue out since they were already talking? Why not stand their ground and say, "no, you cannot turn this place into a war zone?"

Instead, they rushed quickly and said, "Ya, he's a terrorist. He's banned and outlawed henceforth."

Imagine that!

Indeed, those who ate with you are the ones who will always sell you out. The enemy within is the one who will always connive with the enemy without.

Moving forward, if you think that Nnamdi Kanu is not finally done, then you're dreaming. He's been played. He's been fixed the Nigerian way, albeit, by his own kinsmen. IPOB is finally rested.

In the next few weeks, you'll hear about UN, EU, Amnesty, etc., petitions, but that's it. Nothing else.

My advice to Nnamdi Kanu is this: Yes, I do not fully agree with all your words, but I fully believe in the dream of the sun rising from the East. I think you've done your best. Posterity will always remember you. You were a lion, and you went for the kill. But It's time for you to move on. This chess is over. Your men undid you.

And to all my Igbo brothers, I say, welcome to the chase.

Eric Arthur Blair, better known by his pen name, George Orwell, called it The Animal Farm. "We are all equal, but some are more equal than others."

Back to politics, business as usual, until the next 50 years.

It is well, even in the well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Mynd44: 5:59am On Sep 18, 2017
Honestly, you can't blame the governors; they can only vent to the president about taking the military away, they can't actually force him to.

Remember Trump threatened to send in federal forces to Chicago if the state does not fix its upsurging crime issues and guess what? The governor can't do jack about it. You will only complain and belly ache as the president has the final say as regards the deployment of troops

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Celcius: 6:22am On Sep 18, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu may have been undone. Which is false anyway, but Biafra will DEFINITELY actualize someday, unless we restructure.
Intelligent people know this: YOU DONT KILL AN IDEOLOGY BY FORCE BUT BY COUNTER-NARATIVE.
You must dialogue to neutralize this.
Slaughter them all if you wish, in as much as there are recording and books it will resurface.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by bros1234(m): 6:28am On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:
Honestly, you can't blame the governors; they can only vent to the president about taking the military away, they can't actually force him to.

Remember Trump threatened to send in federal forces to Chicago if the state does not fix its upsurging crime issues and guess what? The governor can't do jack about it. You will only complain and belly ache as the president has the final say as regards the deployment of troops

Well, I don't know about the Chicago stuff but I'm sure that every country's Military does not get involved with quelling street protests, with a Military operation. By all standards, it's against the rules of military engagement. That is if you take politics and ethnicity away from these whole abracadabra
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by bros1234(m): 6:33am On Sep 18, 2017
Celcius:
Nnamdi Kanu may have been undone. Which is false anyway, but Biafra will DEFINITELY actualize someday, unless we restructure.
Intelligent people know this: YOU DONT KILL AN IDEOLOGY BY FORCE BUT BY COUNTER-NARATIVE.
You must dialogue to neutralize this.
Slaughter them all if you wish, in as much as there are recording and books it will resurface.

For now, it's rested. The rest coming over the next few weeks are simply emotions. Outbursts and all that. But this matter has been fixed, albeit the wrong way.

I for one didn't even see this whole street protests as going to birth Biafra. But an opportunity for the country to sit down and chart a better course for everyone. But it's been trounced. Watch the call for restructuring also die a natural death. that's the point

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Prouddevil(m): 6:36am On Sep 18, 2017
Well said op, I believe the meeting held with Kanu was meant to warn him but he stood his ground.. And the consequence?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by brownlord: 6:38am On Sep 18, 2017
The supreme leader didn't know when to stop, had the 1diot after gaining so much popularity ( all thanks to the 1diot we have in power ) change his narrative to

Either good governance or give us biafra
Cut down senators allowance or give us biafra
Fund education or give us biafra etc, he would have gained sympathy from even the aboki in far away daura and the whole country would be talking about him today, but the power drunk imbeci1e was too short sighted and wanted to continue defrauding the igbos with imaginary support from different planet, he blew away opportunity to have made himself useful and maybe a president in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:44am On Sep 18, 2017
Kanu is not a pro-Biafran, he is a terrorist

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by alrahmanonline(m): 6:45am On Sep 18, 2017
Prouddevil:
Well said op, I believe the meeting held with Kanu was meant to warn him but he stood his ground.. And the consequence?
You've said it all, Arrogance is what killed Nnamdi kanu, he believed he's Untouchable... Now the table don turn, with all his threat videos he has undoubtedly finished himself...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Yyeske(m): 6:45am On Sep 18, 2017
OP a question for you, after the governors met with Nnamdi kanu, was he still insulting them? Was he still going around and constituting nuisance everywhere?
All you love to do is find who to blame for your foolishness.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by ashjay001(m): 6:46am On Sep 18, 2017
bros1234:

Well, I don't know about the Chicago stuff but I'm sure that every country's Military does not get involved with quelling street protests, with a Military operation. By all standards, it's against the rules of military engagement. That is if you take politics and ethnicity away from these whole abracadabra

Politics n ethnicity kini?

The military was used to quell a fuel increase protest.

The military was used to maintain order, during an election.

Nigeria is a third world country, with leaders verging on dictatorship, u dont expect them to act civilised!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Oche211(m): 6:47am On Sep 18, 2017
Ok....
Let's look at the issue one more time.
Nnamdi Kanu took up the struggle with the wrong approach...
He started on the wrong footing right from the days of radio biafra nd then after he was released on bail.
With the given bail conditions he was given, one would have expected Nnamdi kanu to be cautious nd take his moves carefully.
But he transformed himself to a demigod nd was moving like he was being controlled by a mad higher supernatural power...
Honestly, wisdom and common sense failed both kanu and Igbos.
Coming to the Igbo elites, they remain the main reasons why i knew that Kanu nd his boys were just on a comedy show.
Let it not surprise you cos we all saw the hand writing on the wall.
The betray card was certain to be the last in the hands of these elites to be dropped.
Only Kanu nd Igbos didn't see that coming.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by segebobo: 6:48am On Sep 18, 2017
I think the governors were left with no option than to take that stand because of Kanu's abrupt cancellation of their meeting. Kanu's decision should have been to seek for postponement of the meeting or sending a representative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Mynd44: 6:50am On Sep 18, 2017
bros1234:

A man threatened to behead a sitting president and for some reason you say it is "street protests".

The governors had their shot at stopping the wahala, that is the problem. When you dont listen to your own people and allow an outsider deal with you instead of your guys

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by UduMgbo1: 6:51am On Sep 18, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I'll rather prefer a pro APDA

Good morning shaman grin
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Yyeske(m): 6:53am On Sep 18, 2017
Oche211:
Ok....
He started on the wrong footing right from the days of radio biafra nd then after he was released on bail.
With the given bail conditions he was given, one would have expected Nnamdi kanu to be cautious nd take his moves carefully.
But he transformed himself to a demigod nd was moving like he was being controlled by a mad higher supernatural power...
Coming to the Igbo elites, they remain the main reasons why i knew that Kanu nd his boys were just on a comedy show.
The betray card was certain to be the last in the hands of these elites to be dropped.
You are right, IPOB miscreants will finally use the betray card to score some silly points, any sane human knows right from the onset that kanu will flee leaving his bunch of miscreants catching bullets for him and it finally happened.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by bros1234(m): 6:54am On Sep 18, 2017
Oche211:
Ok....

Like I said, NK had wrong approaches to several aspects of the struggle. But his force woke up Nigerians to the obvious failure of the system and renewed the call for restructuring.

Now watch that call die naturally. That's the point
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Oche211(m): 6:54am On Sep 18, 2017
bros1234:

Kanu formed a National guard, A biafran secret service (BSS), Constitute a kitchen cabinet, threatened to stop a constitutionally recognized and backed election process nd the numerous hate campaign of burning Nigeria down.
The Nigeria Army is formed to defend the nation against external nd internal forces.
IPOB is that internal force.
The moment Kanu formed his own security agencies, the military have to play a small home friendly match...
Guess you know the score line nw.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Abbeybailey(m): 6:55am On Sep 18, 2017
bros1234:

Well I know about Chicago and you are absolutely right. Trump can't send any Federal troops to Chicago. The job falls on the Mayor of Chicago to utilize the Chicago police department or Governor Rauner of Illinois who can send in Illinois National Guards on very rare and serious occasions.
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Oche211(m): 6:56am On Sep 18, 2017
bros1234:

Like I said, NK had wrong approaches to several aspects of the struggle. But his force woke up Nigerians to the obvious failure of the system and renewed the call for restructuring.

Now watch that call die naturally. That's the point
sure, you've got a valid point here...
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by bros1234(m): 6:57am On Sep 18, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

LoL.

Your opinion
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Mynd44: 6:58am On Sep 18, 2017
Abbeybailey:
Well I know about Chicago and you are absolutely right. Trump can't send any Federal troops to Chicago. The job falls on the Mayor of Chicago to utilize the Chicago police department or Governor Rauner of Illinois who can send in Illinois National Guards on very rare and serious occasions.
and if Trump does, what happens?
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Yyeske(m): 7:00am On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:

A man threatened to behead a sitting president and for some reason you say it is "street protests".

The governors had their shot at stopping the wahala, that is the problem. When you dont listen to your own people and allow an outsider deal with you instead of your guys
The governors' fault to me is that they didn't speak out earlier not until so much damage has been done by Nnamdi kanu, imagine what people in Aba went through especially the elderly that night, do we even talk about the incidents in Jos and Sokoto against ndigbo recently?
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Abbeybailey(m): 7:00am On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:
and if Trump does, what happens?
Believe me my friend. America is a country governed by Rules of Laws. He has no constitutional power to do that. The same way he can't remove a single judge from office.
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by bros1234(m): 7:01am On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:

Behead a sitting president. Lol.

Trump has been painted with worse words.

Obama too had his bucket full of it.

And many others.

That's the strength and weakness of democracy
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Mynd44: 7:04am On Sep 18, 2017
bros1234:

Behead a sitting president. Lol.

Trump has been painted with worse words.

Obama too had his bucket full of it.

And many others.

That's the strength and weakness of democracy

There is a difference between insults and threats especially coming from a man with a lot of supporters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Celcius: 7:08am On Sep 18, 2017
bros1234:

For now, it's rested. The rest coming over the next few weeks are simply emotions. Outbursts and all that. But this matter has been fixed, albeit the wrong way.

I for one didn't even see this whole street protests as going to birth Biafra. But an opportunity for the country to sit down and chart a better course for everyone. But it's been trounced. Watch the call for restructuring also die a natural death. that's the point

Posterity will tell.
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Celcius: 7:20am On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:

There is a difference between insults and threats especially coming from a man with a lot of supporters.
I condemn NK for the threats even though the president is as guilty as NK.
I'm even more happy you said "....lots of supporters."
If the number is significant, the government should call a referendum.
...else we will have this to contend with for as along as Nigeria is, and in it present structure.
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Adedaniel211(m): 7:50am On Sep 18, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I support the motion..
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by docadams: 8:32am On Sep 18, 2017
Now we are having analytical discussion devoid of hate. Kwatinu, I yam observing.
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Celcius: 8:47am On Sep 18, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

I dread the Badoo group terrorizing Ikorodu than IPOB in the S.E.
The truth remains there's no record of wanton killing by IPOB.
Re: OPINION: Nnamdi Kanu, Undone By His Own Men by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 18, 2017
Celcius:

I condemn NK for the threats even though the president is as guilty as NK.
I'm even more happy you said "....lots of supporters."
If the number is significant, the government should call a referendum.
...else we will have this to contend with for as along as Nigeria is, and in it present structure.
Someone had said this before. While I don't want Nigeria to break up or the Igbo's to go, if at all there was going to be a referendum they should have followed due process instead of going the way he did. He says almost all Igbo people support Biafra? Fine. Instead of screaming at the FG and bragging about 80 embassies, the first thing to do was to form a pro-Biafran party or at least a Nigerian party with a Buafran agenda and get it registered under INEC. Next, get their representatives elected as governors, senators, and lawmakers. That wouldn't be hard since 'almost all Igbo's support Biafra'. Then, from there, agitate until the government listens to them from a position of power. That's what the Scottish people did to get their referendum, not be shouting referendum up and down on the street with miscreants dressed up in tattered uniforms as your 'secret service'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Replies Tinubu Over Comment That OBJ, IBB Should Join Retirees Club / #bbnaija Alex Leaks A Intimate Photo With Tobi Bakare / "We Have Not Seen Any Change" Angry Youths Destroy And Burn Buhari's Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.