Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders (14828 Views)

Oshiomhole: We Must Return Edo To APC For Sustainable Development / Rivers Elders Allege Plot To Shift Results Collation To April 2 / North Cautions Yoruba, Southerners On Clamour For 1963 Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by Slikbae: 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ok
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
1963? Not gonna happen
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by fasterwell(m): 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
evilyoruba:

No, you are the diabolically confused one here.... Eastern region is biafra land....and river state is in eastern region... The man accused biafrans of evil during Biafra war....who are those ojukwu biafrans Isn't it eastern region people? Diabolical confused people everywhere

Did i hear you say the old eastern region was Biafra land?

How come the minorities kicked against Biafra?

Did Ojukwu consult the owners of the oil in the region before using the oil as a means of exchange to get arms and support from France?

The tyrannical of the igbos over other minorities caused the fall of biafra and you lots are to be blamed for it.

Imagine an igbo man who was not an indigene of Rivers state was representing the whole Rivers and Bayelsa states at the federal level then.

Imagine an Arochukwu man being the head of an Ikwerre community. What nonsense!

You igbos accuses the north of exercising born to rule mentality but you lots are worst!

You want to pack all minorities like sardine and enslave them

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by LauraIjeoma1(f): 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh This man has said my mind,We dont have anything to do with Biafra Jaree!! see Biafrans making noise in another mans land,Nde ara!!
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by cjrane: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
That is actually the constitution agreed upon by all sections of Nigeria to have independence as one country.

The military constitution we have been forced to live with is the reason for all the crisis in Nigeria today.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by chineduemmao: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
Even though i know OP's post is fake let me ask does it mean our elder didn't know where the rain started beating them? Our suffering didn't start from 1967 it actually began in may 1966... We were massacred.
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by deboysben(m): 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
biafra everywhere... seriously Nigeria is sitting on a time bomb
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by mohdrimi: 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
I agree with them (Rivers Elders). smiley smiley
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by youngmoneyeze: 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
EzeUche:
I want to hear from the Rivers youth, not these elders.

It will be the youth who will have to live with the consequences of the actions of their elders.

wait hear dem go give una biafra country hear.
Nigerian will never break
that game make kanu won play he no go see am play.
make he ne confuse una.
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by Abfinest007(m): 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
I don think is possible bcus d north will opposed it bcus d present constitution favours them
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by adimsmt: 2:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
GavelSlam:
People truncated a system that worked. Carried out a coup and killed leaders associated with that system.

Same set asking for a reversal to the system they once dismantled.

Who are they?
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by LoveJesus87(m): 2:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
smartty68:

No one! No one Bro... So sad
I will. Can I?
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by darediamond(m): 2:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
fasterwell:

Did Ojukwu consult the owners of the oil in the region before using the oil as a means of exchange to get arms and support from France?

Yes!
You just hit it well. Igbo's are like Hausa's when it comes to character. Religion is the only difference between them.

The tyrannical of the igbos over other minorities caused the fall of biafra and you lots are to be blamed for it.

Imagine an igbo man who was not an indigene of Rivers state was representing the whole Rivers and Bayelsa states at the federal level then.

You igbos accuses the north of exercising born to rule mentality but you lots are worst!

Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by Robbin7(m): 2:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
Why 1963 constitution, that constitution no clear o. A lot of ambiguities, oga as e you sure you are not taking us Bach to the colonial area?
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by darediamond(m): 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
fasterwell:

Pa Alabi Isama once said that Ojukwu was really after ruling a united Nigeria not really Biafra. And going by the real reason he killed Banjo and his group, it is very much evident that IGBO ARE LIKE HAUSAS. Very Arrogant!
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by Dino98: 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
EzeUche:

It will be the youth who will have to live with the consequences of the actions of their elders.

Consequences of what action...

You mean the part where d Rivers People don't want to be part of Biafra??

They say that becos they know fully well how the so-called "Biafrians"(what a useless name) treated us.

I'm guessing u are a kid, so u don't know d full story. Go ask your grandpa...that's if he will tell u d truth.

I'm a youth...and we won't have it again.
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by ettybaba(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nnamdiot Azikiwe and Aguiyi Ironsi put Nigeria into what we are presently going through.
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by Markfemi2: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
EzeUche:

Niger delta unity begger
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by adimsmt: 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ekinematics:

They said restructure.
Wait until you hear the full detail of the restructuring.
Going back to 1963 constitution doesn't mean going back to eastern region.

Ipoo clown reason!

Until they restructured, his is not clown. You are chastising him but that is what the 1963 constitution was all about.
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by smartty68(m): 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
LoveJesus87:
I will. Can I?
Please lead the way
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by Mujtahida: 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
I deeply desire a united, equitable country where merit is recognised and given some measure (yes because ethnic bias is mixed in our blood and hard to eradicate), a nation where States own and control a huge chunk of their resources but I doubt if we'd ever come to this point. A cursory reading of Nigeria history sort of sways the arguments in favour of our splitting this country. The fault lines are too deep, just too deep. Only truth can heal us but we as a people we have taken lies and propaganda and refined it into a consummate art form. I weak!
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by bababeejay: 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hlakome:
And what is special about 1963?
You might as well return to 1960 or 1967.
The constitution gave the continental shelf to coastal region, the 1999 constitution grab it and gave the federal government. Later arewa consultative forum claimed they own the continental shelf because north has the biggest land.
Re: Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders by Ojiofor: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
bbcode processing failure

(1) (2) (Reply)

Umar Ganduje Hosts Alpha Conde, President Of Guinea / Spanish Ambassador, Marcelino Ansorena Visits Senator Orji Kalu (photos) / Fela On Buhari - Beasts Of No Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.