Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,434 members, 7,954,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:02 AM

The Constitution Allows For Sharia Courts Everywhere In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Constitution Allows For Sharia Courts Everywhere In Nigeria (418 Views)

Establish Sharia Courts In South West / Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension / National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Constitution Allows For Sharia Courts Everywhere In Nigeria by AntiMahdi: 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
The 1999 constitution does not limit sharia law to the current sharia states but rather the constitution makes sharia legal system legal everywhere in the country.

Obasanjo could not stop the north's clamour for sharia as it was both a constitutional and democratic right of those Northern states that implemented sharia way back in 2001 to do so.

Nothing stops alfa aregbeshola to create Osun state sharia courts or even at the federal level for the likes of Buhari to unveil federal funded and recognised sharia courts across the 36 states.

Already there is full sharia legal system in Abuja complete with an appellant court.
In the nearest future, Buhari had planned to do so in every federal constituency.
Re: The Constitution Allows For Sharia Courts Everywhere In Nigeria by AntiMahdi: 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
275. (1) There shall be for any State that requires it a Sharia Court of Appeal for that State.

Now this is what is written in the constitution.

That any state that requires it.

The definition of a state requiring sharia is not specified so a governor or a sitting president can decide on creating sharia courts.

There is no clause on enacting sharia through state enacted bills or through referendum but rather a vague statement declaring where a state requires sharia law.

Who is the State is another legal matter as both the governor or President are representatives of the State.
Re: The Constitution Allows For Sharia Courts Everywhere In Nigeria by AntiMahdi: 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
[s]
Uchihaitaci:
Okay but the thing is

.when I was 9 I gave a fvck

It was misused on posts like this

Then dad sat me down and told me son
Don't give fvcks carelessly they are precious miniscule attention spots when added up add to the wholesomeness of life
.hence manage this
[/s]

You are a typical descendant of a coward pagan who was forced to convert to Islam at the point of death.

So why should you give fcks when you have no fcks left in your raped existence

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Local Government Elections / ANAMBRA2017: PPA Becomes First Party To Schedule Primaries As Aspirant Pick Form / I Am Richer Than Dangote - Nigerian Senator Boasts Of His Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.