Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Nigerian Doctor Involved In Shooting Names Reasons For Going On A Deadly Rampage - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Doctor Involved In Shooting Names Reasons For Going On A Deadly Rampage (1212 Views)

Woman Beats Her Maid To Pulp For Going Out Against Her Instruction (photos) / Multiple People Dead In Canada Shooting Rampage (Photos) / Jessy Gold: Police Officers Involved In Shooting Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Doctor Involved In Shooting Names Reasons For Going On A Deadly Rampage by liberalchick(f): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
Just twohours before his deadly rampage at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, shooter Henry Bello ranted to the Daily News in an email — blaming the medical center for ruining his dreams of furthering his career.

“This hospital terminated my road to a licensure to practice medicine,” Bello wrote to The News at 12:46 p.m. on Friday. “First, I was told it was because I always kept to myself. Then it was because of an altercation with a nurse.”Bello, 45, said he was ultimately fired from his job for threaten a staff.

Bello said that after he was fired, he wrote an email to one female doctor “congratulating her for my termination after she sent out an email to everybody telling them to file complaints against me so I can be terminated for being rude to her.”ning a co-worker.

“I only said in the email, it remains to be seen if my life is meaningless or disposable,” Bello wrote.He blamed another doctor for blocking his chances at getting a medical permit, saying he had poured $400,000 of his money into Bronx-Lebanon.

The shooting took place at 2:45 p.m. — two hours after the chilling email was sent — when Bello opened fire on his former colleagues with an AR-15 rifle. He wounded six workers and killed a female doctor before turning the gun on himself.

Bello, who last lived in the Bronx, had been forced to resign from his job as house physician at the medical center two years ago after he was accused of sexually harassing a co-worker.

Source: Daily News NY

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Doctor Involved In Shooting Names Reasons For Going On A Deadly Rampage by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
This is much, frustration or depression maybe?
I never thought a Nigerian could do this, he must have been raised oversea.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Involved In Shooting Names Reasons For Going On A Deadly Rampage by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
This is the height of depression....... Meanwhile some people will blame it on his village people. while tribal bigots will start tribal e_war.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Involved In Shooting Names Reasons For Going On A Deadly Rampage by Prinxxdave: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
cc seun lalasticlala
Re: Nigerian Doctor Involved In Shooting Names Reasons For Going On A Deadly Rampage by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Now he's killed himself, what next for him?suicide is not the solution to your problems, it only expose you to more suffering aftermath.. as long as you still breathe there still hope

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Involved In Shooting Names Reasons For Going On A Deadly Rampage by Omoluabi16(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
That's sad. Depression is a dangerous state of mind. It kills. No matter how tough life gets, let us always look for a reason to smile, laugh, hope and live.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Involved In Shooting Names Reasons For Going On A Deadly Rampage by AlphaJazz: 5:58pm On Feb 02
liberalchick:
Just twohours before his deadly rampage at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, shooter Henry Bello ranted to the Daily News in an email — blaming the medical center for ruining his dreams of furthering his career.

“This hospital terminated my road to a licensure to practice medicine,” Bello wrote to The News at 12:46 p.m. on Friday. “First, I was told it was because I always kept to myself. Then it was because of an altercation with a nurse.”Bello, 45, said he was ultimately fired from his job for threaten a staff.

Bello said that after he was fired, he wrote an email to one female doctor “congratulating her for my termination after she sent out an email to everybody telling them to file complaints against me so I can be terminated for being rude to her.”ning a co-worker.

“I only said in the email, it remains to be seen if my life is meaningless or disposable,” Bello wrote.He blamed another doctor for blocking his chances at getting a medical permit, saying he had poured $400,000 of his money into Bronx-Lebanon.

The shooting took place at 2:45 p.m. — two hours after the chilling email was sent — when Bello opened fire on his former colleagues with an AR-15 rifle. He wounded six workers and killed a female doctor before turning the gun on himself.

Bello, who last lived in the Bronx, had been forced to resign from his job as house physician at the medical center two years ago after he was accused of sexually harassing a co-worker.

Source: Daily News NY
Bump.

(1) (Reply)

How Biafran Soldiers Shot Obasanjo At The Buttocks - Alabi Isama / Photo Of The Massive Sea Cow Caught By A Fisherman In Lagos / Nigerian Lady Strips Unclad As She Allegedly Runs Mad In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.