Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? (628 Views)

The Horrible Danger Of Not Fearing God / Whatever Affects Your Heart Affects Your Life. Proverbs 4:23. / How To Marry A God-fearing Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
How does fearing God add length to a person's life (Proverbs 10:27)? Does fearing God guarantee that you will live a long life?
Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by revelatiorcm(m): 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
How does fearing God add length to a person's life (Proverbs 10:27)? Does fearing God guarantee that you will live a long life?

It wards away evil, evil kills, and the fear of the Lord ward's away evil that kills

1 Like

Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by CandidSeeker(m): 12:08am On Jul 02, 2017
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
-Luke 13:1-5

…But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth,… Deut.8:18

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. – Psalm 32:8

Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea: -Isaiah 48:17-18

-Peace.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by orunto27: 12:32am On Jul 02, 2017
All Things work Together for the Good of those who love God and are in His Purpose.
Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by prinzfavian(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Fearing God implies reverential worship of Him, not the morbid fear people think of. This reverential fear entails hating what he hates and loving what he loves. In other words Fearing God means obeying him in all aspects of our lives.
Now how does Fearing God( obeying him always) guarantees long life? Well, briefly this is so, in a way that if we fear God i.e obey him all the time, his advises will always prove to benefit us maximally( 2Timothy 3:15,16).
For instance he says do not commit adultery, obeying that command will save you from numerous STDs prevalent today, unwanted pregnancy, marriage breakdown, and emotional distress which can all lead to death. Now the willingness to obey the command in the first place shows that you fear God. Look at those breaking many of such commandments today, they comprises mostly of people that doesn't believe in God hence, how will they fear him? I'm not saying that there are no such discrepancies even among those that profess to believe and serve God but one thing common to all who go against the normal moral and scriptural jurisdiction is the lack of fear of God which could make us plunder into terrible mistakes which could terminate one's life prematurely, the exact opposite of what having the fear of God will do for You. Even the Bible says the wise/shrewd/prudent one sees calamity ahead and conceal or hide himself from it but the stupid one walks right into it and suffers (proverbs 22:3), Now the question is how can one even be wise in the first place?- By Fearing God! - Psalm 111:10.
Thanks.
Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19am On Jul 03, 2017
revelatiorcm:

It wards away evil, evil kills, and the fear of the Lord ward's away evil that kills

What is the fear of the Lord?
Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by Aaronsrod: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Are you a fool?

Who is not afraid to be beaten say less of imprisonment say less of eternal hellfire.

If your child fears you he will obey you. He will be spared betings and will live longer by being unharmed. If we disobey and anger God our Father our days may be shortened through beating. Because He is God He can kill us and we will go to Hellfire.

Therefore I say be wise. Fear Him and dwell with Him in eternity.
Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
Aaronsrod:

Are you a fool?

Who is not afraid to be beaten say less of imprisonment say less of eternal hellfire.

If your child fears you he will obey you. He will be spared betings and will live longer by being unharmed. If we disobey and anger God our Father our days may be shortened through beating. Because He is God He can kill us and we will go to Hellfire.

Therefore I say be wise. Fear Him and dwell with Him in eternity.

Your impression of God is wrong. If your children fear you because you might hurt them if they do not toe the line then you have failed as a father.
Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by Aaronsrod: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Your impression of God is wrong. If your children fear you because you might hurt them if they do not toe the line then you have failed as a father.

The Bible tells us spare the rod and spoil the child. As I follow my Father in Heaven so shall my household follow me. YOU have failed as a Christian father if you do not know this things.

Are you even a Nigerian?
Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
Aaronsrod:

The Bible tells us spare the rod and spoil the child. As I follow my Father in Heaven so shall my household follow me. YOU have failed as a Christian father if you do not know this things.

Are you even a Nigerian?

You have just exposed yourself as a child abuser. God is not a child abuser. The fear of God doesn't mean slavish fear. It means reverential fear.
Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by Aaronsrod: 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You have just exposed yourself as a child abuser. God is not a child abuser. The fear of God doesn't mean slavish fear. It means reverential fear.

Oga what is this reverential fear please?
Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
Aaronsrod:

Oga what is this reverential fear please?

You will have to become a child of God to understand reverential fear.
Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by revelatiorcm(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Imagine that It is raining and you are hiding or seeking a place where the rain won't wet you,
one can compare the fear of the Lord with that,
Re: How Does Fearing God Add Length To A Person's Life (Proverbs 10:27)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Check this out:

https://www.gotquestions.org/fearing-God-length-life.html

(1) (Reply)

Religious People Have Mental Illness, Neuroscientist Warns-punch / The Perfect Image Of A Christian Before Jesus / Shocking Revelation: See What Was Revealed About World Ending On 23rd September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.