Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Nairalanders Who Knows This Before Now?? Find Out What O'clock Really Means - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nairalanders Who Knows This Before Now?? Find Out What O'clock Really Means (984 Views)

"Nobody Knows Wizkid" - American Dj's Declare On Live Podcast / Bobrisky Apologises To MC Galaxy: "He Gave Me Money Tonight, Knows I’m A Girl" / Cecilia Konamah: "I Was A Lesbian And My Husband Knows It" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Who Knows This Before Now?? Find Out What O'clock Really Means by BOOKERPAGE(m): 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
FIND OUT WHAT O'CLOCK REALLY MEANS

Normally we hear people all the time using the word O’Clock, but have we tried to find out what it really means?

What O’clock means may shock you to know.
The O’clock we are talking about here is the normal word we use every day for our day to day communications. E.g 12 o’clock, 3 o’clock, 6 o’clock.
To show clarification and to specifically point out the time we are emphasizing, we use the p.m and a.m. This helps one know when the time given refers to the morning hours or subsequent hours. E.g 4 o’clock p.m, 7 o’clock a.m, 7 o’clock p.m, 9 o’clock a.m, 9 o’clock p.m.
One may be asking how to know which of these abbreviations refer to the morning or evening hours and the idea to know which is which, lies in the reader’s ability to discern and define both a.m and p.m. that means knowing what they stand for.
In this article I will explain how you can determine which is which by first of all providing you with their correct meanings.
Let us first of all define clock according to Wikipedia “A clock is an instrument to indicate, keep, and co-
ordinate time . The word clock is derived ultimately (via
Dutch , Northern French, and Medieval Latin ) from the
Celtic words clagan and clocca meaning ” bell “. A silent
instrument missing such a striking mechanism has
traditionally been known as a timepiece .In general
usage today a “clock” refers to any device for measuring
and displaying the time. Watches and other timepieces
that can be carried on one’s person are often
distinguished from clocks.” -credit Wikipedia.
With that simple but concise explanation of time, let’s now go into the full meaning of a.m and p.m and from there we head to our main topic.

A.m simply means ante-meridian which is derived from Latin but in English it stands for before midday or before noon.

P.m simply means post-meridian which is derived from Latin but in English it stands for after midday or after noon.

Having explained the necessary points needed, now let’s get down to what brought us here. O’clock simply means “of the clock” i.e 2 o’clock p.m can be read “2 of the clock p.m.” surprised to know?

Hit like and share if you just got to know this. You can also Join us here at www.bookerpage.com.ng/join-us-at-bookerpage/ for more.

SOURCE: http://bookerpage.com.ng/2017/06/30/bet-never-knew-find-oclock-really-means/

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Who Knows This Before Now?? Find Out What O'clock Really Means by BOOKERPAGE(m): 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
who've got this??
Re: Nairalanders Who Knows This Before Now?? Find Out What O'clock Really Means by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
I don't
Re: Nairalanders Who Knows This Before Now?? Find Out What O'clock Really Means by BOOKERPAGE(m): 11:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Simmzz:
I don't
be happy u came across this...
Re: Nairalanders Who Knows This Before Now?? Find Out What O'clock Really Means by BOOKERPAGE(m): 12:17am On Jul 03, 2017
Why are there More Male than Female on Nairaland Is it that our girls av finish or what?? I am just asking shaa... who've got an answer?
Re: Nairalanders Who Knows This Before Now?? Find Out What O'clock Really Means by BOOKERPAGE(m): 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
This is the most recent list of the Top ten richest musicians in Nigeria with their sources of income and net worth.
Now let us list the top ten richest musicians in Nigeria with their sources of income and net worth so that we can know who is where he is.

This list will start From the last to the first so that you can stand up for the champion!
http://bookerpage.com.ng/2017/06/03/top-ten-richest-musicians-in-nigeria/
Re: Nairalanders Who Knows This Before Now?? Find Out What O'clock Really Means by BOOKERPAGE(m): 12:39am On Aug 22, 2017
list of all the Nationally recognized available scholarship programs for Nigerian students. Students and aspirants are advised to take note of the date and conditions for each.

1.Agbami undergrauate Scholarship:

Expected date: Jan. – March

Worth: #200,000

Level: 100&200 level

Department: 1. Medicine and Surgery

2) Engineering

3) Dentistry

4) Pharmacy

2. Agip Undergraduate scholarship

Expected date: Jan.- March

Worth: #150,000

Level: 100level

Department: 1) Engineering

2) Natural Science

3) Geology

3. Federal Government Scholarship Board (FSB)

Expected date: April-May

Worth: #200,000

Level: 200 level(CGPA 4.0&above)

Department: All

website... continue reading http://schoolgistnow.com.ng/2017/06/30/lists-available-scholarship-programs-nigerian-students/

(1) (Reply)

Gorgeous Tboss & Bassey Step Out For The Premiere Of Omotola's 'alter Ego'(pics) / “wizkid’s Story Is Incomplete Without Me” – Samklef / OMG! Photos: Singer, Ashanti Puts Her Hot Bikini Bod On Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.