Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 (18411 Views)

Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Doraty1(f): 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
UPDATE ON IKOYI COLLAPSED BUILDING

CONTRARY to speculations, no directive has been given for the demolition of the two high-rise buildings standing at the site of the 21-storey collapsed building in Ikoyi, Lagos. The Panel of Inquiry instituted to establish issues surrounding the collapse of the building has continued to sit and an integrity test is yet to be conducted on the buildings. It is, therefore, wrong to assert or speculate that the buildings will be demolished.

The operation at the site of the collapsed building continues. Vehicular movement around the site has been smooth, following the reopening of the road.

Two more bodies were recovered from the site today. The recovery of the two bodies has brought to 45 the number of bodies retrieved from the site.

The identification of bodies of the victims of the incident has continued at IDH, Yaba, Lagos Mainland. Thirty-two families have come forward to submit samples for DNA to identify bodies that they wish to claim. In cases where identification is clear and there are no arguments, the bodies will be released to the families.

A committee to supervise the identification and release of the bodies has begun work. It comprises senior officials of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Justice.

Gbenga Omotoso

Commissioner, Information and Strategy

#LASG
#ForAGreaterLagos

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=254684770022917&id=100064441879510

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Racoon(m): 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
So unfortunate an incident.This is what cutting corners and brazen disregard for due process costs a nation. Rest on departed souls.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by money121(m): 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2021
R.i.p

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by kinzation(m): 10:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
God help us in this country

Amona tete mabo

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Totilopussylick(m): 10:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
angry million ways to die
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Randal: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2021
Nawao
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by ifytrik(m): 11:29am On Nov 11, 2021
Randal:
Nawao
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by naijaguy123456(m): 11:30am On Nov 11, 2021
Hard to imagine there are people under that big rubble.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by OfficialGaGa(m): 11:30am On Nov 11, 2021
Sacrifice update.....

some people wan live long with more money.

To be a Nigerian is part of a million ways to die...

meanwhile the main people "Behind" this building dey fly from Lag to Abj every week for Private jet..

their plane go so crash....

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by TimeTraveller: 11:30am On Nov 11, 2021
The impact this would have on the Lagos property market is immense. Chai! People go begin fear to live or invest in high-rise buildings.

If you live abroad and you want to build, abeg come Naija come supervise your project o! No send any nigga your money, not even your father. Take leave from work, come home, supervise am to the level wey ya money reach and go back to hustling. Repeat the process until you complete the building.

Make e be like dat o!

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Disclaimer12: 11:30am On Nov 11, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by OCTAVO: 11:31am On Nov 11, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Gibsonworld05(m): 11:31am On Nov 11, 2021
Something somewhere went wrong and people lost their life. Sadly, we won't learn from this.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Kingpele(m): 11:31am On Nov 11, 2021
This is very tragic, greed is the greatest evil that gripped the heart of the ungodly,the end is always disaster,that guy that killed his second son at enugu coal camp was disappointed ,they wanted his first son but instead,he offered his second son ,thinking he can outsmart them.they rejected the lad ,when he was caught by his neighbors ,as they were beating him ,he kept saying the rituals didn't work ,he is still a keke driver,the person leaving in coal camp told me this ,well he was saved by police officers that was on patrol.. cos they wanted to burn Jim to death.greed is demonic

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Ololanla: 11:32am On Nov 11, 2021
hmm
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Greenlight123: 11:32am On Nov 11, 2021
Una no get work to do! anything wer dem post sharp sharp comments don follow! no go let Nigeria problem choke u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Mrkumareze(m): 11:32am On Nov 11, 2021
Too many ways to die. I have pleaded my creator, anyday or night he wants me, may it be from sleep. I no wan suffer die

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 11, 2021
Sad stuff

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 11, 2021
Racoon:
So unfortunate an incident.This is what cutting corners and brazen disregard for due process costs a nation.Rest on departed souls.

The good thing about this is that the developer who was chief in encouraging disregard for due process was himself caught up in the mess

That's a lesson . A harsh one. And a wake up call.

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Chummynoni(m): 11:34am On Nov 11, 2021
Rip
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by MRDEE01: 11:34am On Nov 11, 2021
chai
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by yemmight(m): 11:34am On Nov 11, 2021
This is so unfortunate. Carelessness, Greed, Selfishness, Negligence, Corruption all played out here. RIP for the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by sanerugwei: 11:34am On Nov 11, 2021
What are they going to do with the remaining two buildings now?

It will be a hard sell especially as it is said that they approved without insurance.

The govt is still yet to answer the question of approval. How 15 floors ended with additional 6 floors making 21 floors.

A proper inquiry is needed.

First EndSARS, now THIS, HABA!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by adioolayi(m): 11:35am On Nov 11, 2021
May God bless the souls of the departed and comfort the families they left behind.

There is no sense in demolishing the other two buildings..

Proper integrity test should be done on them, of they are fine...they should be left alone for completion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by odapey(m): 11:37am On Nov 11, 2021
Mrkumareze:
Too many ways to die. I have pleaded my creator, anyday or night he wants me, may it be from sleep. I no wan suffer die

Lol. who tells you it’s easy as you’ve thought. Make God sha let’s have good end.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Hadone(m): 11:38am On Nov 11, 2021
Sad
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by JayTripz(m): 11:38am On Nov 11, 2021
Ahhhhhhhhhh

45? Are you telling me the truth

Na wa ooo...Sad thing be say na poor people way go hustle for their daily bread (at least 3k daily) nai many die for that building...This is really Sad...

Dem de build 21 storey building,not knowing say na 21 storey Coffin Dem de build

RIP to the lost...Make God comfort the fams of the Departed

6 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Omodua(m): 11:40am On Nov 11, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of 300m2 Of Interlocking Tiles / Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor / Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.