Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,985 members, 7,848,961 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:34 PM

Mercy Aigbe Doesn’t Want To Be Under Any Man, Says Estranged Husband - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Aigbe Doesn’t Want To Be Under Any Man, Says Estranged Husband (593 Views)

Sonia Lareinaa And IK Ogbonna Are No More Married - Estranged Wife Confirms / Lilian Esoro Hints At Going Back To Her Estranged Husband, Ubi Franklin? / I Don't Care If Someone Leaves Me - Actress Mercy Aigbe's Estranged Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe Doesn’t Want To Be Under Any Man, Says Estranged Husband by Nwaforchigozie: 3:32am On Jul 02, 2017
Socialite and actress, Mercy Aigbe’s estranged husband, Lanre Gentry, speaks to Punch, about his marital issues… Read excerpts below:

How did you meet Mercy Aigbe?

I met Mercy through a brother of mine long before she began acting in 2007. She was working with Zenith Bank as a marketer then. I met her long after my first marriage ended but I was in another relationship at that time though. I just liked her from the first time I set my eyes on her. We didn’t begin dating immediately as it took some time to convince her. She told me she wasn’t ready for just a casual relationship, but marriage. And I assured her that was what I wanted too.

Did your parents support your decision to marry her?

I am a man of my own. My parents accept whatever I present to them. Mercy’s parents are also like that too. In fact, I cherish her parents so much. In spite of all that has happened, they have been trying to restore peace between us.

What are her parents doing to settle this rift?

Her parents are wonderful people and we speak every other day. They are aware of all that transpired and they have been speaking with her too. I take her mum like my own mother because she is a good and virtuous woman. I cannot look away because of her and my children.

Who shouldered the financial responsibilities of the house?

I laugh when I hear people saying that Mercy fed me and that she was the breadwinner of the family. I have always contributed to all her movie projects. However, I am not bearing a grudge against her and I still love her. All I own belong to our kids. I would rather forget about the feud and move on.

With what is happening now, do you have any regrets entering into this marriage?

I have no regrets whatsoever. I have never regretted being with any woman. Besides, I’m still legally married to Mercy. Till I hear from her about a divorce, I believe I’m still her husband and that’s why I still wear my wedding ring at all times. Maybe you should just ask her why she is destroying my image.

What actually led to the disagreement that made her leave the house?

It was during the Easter period. We were expecting some guests and I gave her N160, 000 to prepare food and other things. But that was when she decided to go for a photo shoot. From there, she went for AY’s comedy show around 12am. It was even her publicist that told me this. I then went to her stylist’s place because I was angry. We argued but I didn’t beat her; her publicist and stylist were there that day so they can prove me wrong. I am not a violent person; as a matter of fact, whenever I’m angry, I don’t talk. I don’t even want to say much about this because it is a family issue and I want to protect my family.

But she alleged that you beat her occasionally?

I have never touched Mercy in my life. All what she is doing and saying is made-up. Even her face that appeared badly bruised was achieved through make-up. She knows what she is doing; she just wants to be free. She doesn’t want to be under any man.

News via: https://diamondcelebrities.org/2017/07/02/mercy-aigbe-doesnt-want-to-be-under-any-man-says-estranged-husband/

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress, Nse Ikpe Etim Instagram Account Hacked / Why / Cute Ankara Blazer Styles And Designs: Awesome Styles 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.