Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,594 members, 7,851,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:03 PM

What Are The Rules Regarding BANNING? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Rules Regarding BANNING? (356 Views)

TB Joshua’s SCOAN Must Face Trial – Court Rules / Why Banning Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia Is Necessary / 'My View Regarding The Election (US)'- TB Joshua Replies Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Rules Regarding BANNING? by oaroloye(m): 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
I have found myself banned when I was in dire Medical Straits, and might have died, so I tried to record my life story relevant to my situation, in order to help others.

Suddenly, I received a message:

"YOU CANNOT DO THAT RIGHT NOW, TRY AGAIN IN A FEW HOURS..."

A few hours didn't cut it.

I kept getting that message for days, until I gave up trying to update that thread.

NOBODY told me anything, nor explained anything to me. No personal messages. Nothing.

Then it happened again on some other post.

But this time, I happened to go to my Profile Page, and found a message:

"OAROLOYE HAS BEEN BANNED BY THE ANTISPAM BOT FOR. THIS POST-"

Light dawned, but not much.

It didn't say WHY I was banned.

I WAS banned WITH explanation once.

I forget the exact circumstances....I THINK the fellow wanted advice on: "HOW CAN I SELL MY SOUL TO SATAN?" and I replied: "YOU ARE A FOOL...." in as many words.

"OAROLOYE HAS BEEN BANNED BY A MODERATOR FOR BULLYING...."YOU FOOL-"

Well, THAT was perfectly legit- within the explicitly-stated rules of NAIRALAND.

Maybe it would have been okay if the post has been in the ADVERTISING Section. Or not.

But that was the only time it was explained to me why. I was banned. I am getting messages that I was banned for an HOUR, then, after a second post, banned for 24 HOURS!

It seems that even EDITING the first post counts as a second post. I therefore check to see whether I have been banned, before posting- and have found no message that I was banned, but, when I posted, and found myself banned for 24 HOURS again, the message on the Profile Page says that there WAS a ban.

My time is further wasted, and my work lost.

Is there anybody who can tell me what is going on, and who to contact to get access to my threads back?

If other Users are also being banned for contributing to my threads, why has no one told me? Someone I sent a link to one of my posts told me that it was inaccessible. I went to the Post link on my Profile Page, and everything seemed to be in order.

On an inspiration, I logged out, and went back to the page as a "Guest." Sure enough, there was a message:

°THIS POST HAS BEEN REMOVED, OR IS HIDDEN."

I logged back in (whatever you might hear from anyone, I do not use "MONIKKERS," or "ALTERNATIVE IDENTITIES" on NAIRALAND. As a CHRISTIAN, I cannot LIE to people about my identity, or Message.,) and sure enough I could access it normally.

That is called "HELL BANNING."
Re: What Are The Rules Regarding BANNING? by ScienceWatch: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
oaroloye:
I have found myself banned when I was in dire Medical Straits, and might have died, so I tried to record my life story relevant to my situation, in order to help others.

I kept getting that message for days, until I gave up trying to update that thread.

NOBODY told me anything, nor explained anything to me. No personal messages. Nothing.

I forget the exact circumstances....I THINK the fellow wanted advice on: "HOW CAN I SELL MY SOUL TO SATAN?" and I replied: "YOU ARE A FOOL...." in as many words.

Well, THAT was perfectly legit- within the explicitly-stated rules of NAIRALAND.

Maybe it would have been okay if the post has been in the ADVERTISING Section. Or not.

But that was the only time it was explained to me why. I was banned. I am getting messages that I was banned for an HOUR, then, after a second post, banned for 24 HOURS!

It seems that even EDITING the first post counts as a second post. I therefore check to see whether I have been banned, before posting- and have found no message that I was banned, but, when I posted, and found myself banned for 24 HOURS again, the message on the Profile Page says that there WAS a ban.

Is there anybody who can tell me what is going on, and who to contact to get access to my threads back?

If other Users are also being banned for contributing to my threads, why has no one told me? Someone I sent a link to one of my posts told me that it was inaccessible. I went to the Post link on my Profile Page, and everything seemed to be in order.

On an inspiration, I logged out, and went back to the page as a "Guest." Sure enough, there was a message:

I logged back in (whatever you might hear from anyone, I do not use "MONIKKERS," or "ALTERNATIVE IDENTITIES" on NAIRALAND. As a CHRISTIAN, I cannot LIE to people about my identity, or Message.,) and sure enough I could access it normally.

We are sorry to hear about your serious medical condition and we pray for your speedy recovery.

About your unfortunate banning, It appears that the kindly moderator informed you that the Anti Spam bot has triggers a ban.

Take it easy Bronchitis Oaroloye, Nairaland moderators are usually very patient.
Re: What Are The Rules Regarding BANNING? by ScienceWatch: 1:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
oaroloye:

We are sorry to hear about your serious medical condition and we pray for your speedy recovery.

About your unfortunate banning, It appears that the kindly moderator informed you that the Anti Spam bot has triggers a ban.

Take it easy Bronchitis Oaroloye, Nairaland moderators are usually very patient. But they don't take kindly to those that abuse their expensive data servers. Surely you can come up with a simple solution to their concerns.
Re: What Are The Rules Regarding BANNING? by ScienceWatch: 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
This quick observation may help. I looked at your very very long epistles on "The four observations of SCIENTOLOGY." It seems like you took your own post and heated it up with a Blow-Torch so that you could stretch it and stretch it and stretch it long, longer, longest to near breaking point.

At that point the Nairaland Spam bot realised you could have said the same thing with just one short 10 line paragraph.

If the Spam bots have a hard time reading your extra long puffed up and blow-torched posts, what about a sinner like me. Have mercy !

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / A Simple Way To Pray Every Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.