Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:49 AM

Don't Judge The Book By Its Cover - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don't Judge The Book By Its Cover (276 Views)

The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date / 200 Questions And Answers From The Book Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Judge The Book By Its Cover by losak9111(m): 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
Julia went to school in the neighbouring village where she wasn't known well.
For three weeks, she came to school late and every time the teacher punished her.
On the fourth week, Julia didn't attend school at all and many thought she had GIVEN UP on school due to the everyday punishment.
However, Julia reported again on fifth week and this time she came earlier than everybody.
When the teacher came to class, Julia was punished for not attending school the previous week but the teacher was also kind enough to commend her for coming early that day, stating that the punishments had finally yielded some results.
Just then, Julia asked if she could say something and the teacher gave her permission.
She started:
*_''I've been raised up by a single mother without a brother or a sister. Five weeks ago, my mother got sick and was hospitalized. The three weeks I came late, I had to prepare something for her and pass by the hospital to deliver the same. Unfortunately, my mother passed away last week and that's the reason I didn't come to school. We buried her last Friday."_*
*_"Today I came early since I didn't have to prepare anything or even pass by the hospital. And now that she is gone, I will always be here early''_*
As she sat down, no one in the whole class was able to hold their tears, the teacher was not spared either.
*Lesson:*
How many times do we judge and punish others for some sorts of lateness?
- When will you get married
- When will you have kids?
- When will you find a job? Etc.
Do we attempt to understand their situations or we just judge from the 'best case scenarios' Some situations are not relative and what we think could be very far from the truth.
*Let us love one another as Jesus commanded, take time to find why your friend is not phoning, why they are not coming to church, why someone is missing in our midst as brethren, even why someone is always late* Shalom

(1) (Reply)

NOUN Law Students To Know Fate In Court On Oct 4 / Lecturers Shut Down MAPOLY Over Alleged Sacking Of 250 Members / Westminster University 50% Scholarship Programs - UK, 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.