Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government (1104 Views)

You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government / Restructure Or We Resume Attacks - Militants Tell FG / Militants Split Nigeria Into Five Republics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by Nne5: 10:58am On Jul 03, 2017
By Ameh Comrade Godwin on July 3, 2017@dailypostngr

Traditional rulers and Civil Society Organiations in the Niger Delta region have demanded for the immediate restructuring of Nigeria.

The people of the region slammed the national chairman of All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, for feigning ignorance of the term ‘restructuring.’

The groups, Niger Delta Security Watch Organization of Nigeria, NDSWN, Ijaw People Development Initiative, IPDI, and Foundation for Human Rights and Anti-Corruption Crusade, FHRACC, led by Bekederemo Dickson, Austin Ozobo and Alawoei Cleric, respectively, in a statement, said the only alternative to restructuring was separation.

On his part, a royal father in the Niger Delta region, Dr. Chukwumela Nnam-Obi, II, the Oba of Ogbaland, said that restructuring was the recipe that would ensure unity and the development of every part of the country.

The rights groups in a joint statement declared that, “We read with shock, the outburst by the APC National Chairman, Odigie-Oyegun, saying that APC is not in support of restructuring of Nigeria. It is imperative to note that Nigeria is bigger than APC, Odigie-Oyegun and that their position will not really determine the divisibility of Nigeria.

“Whether APC manifesto supports restructuring or not, it does not matter. What matters is the wishes of generalities of Nigerians. We want to state here that the quest for restructuring this structurally defective country back to the very political structure at independent is beyond Odigie-Oyegun and his party.

“It is a political tsunami that no man can stop with rhetoric or appeal to sentiment. The alternative to restructuring of this country to the very structure at independent upon, which our unity and indivisibility was built is separation by any means necessary.

“In the very words of lBB, it is an ideal that has come to stay. Those who are opposed to restructuring will live to regret their ill informed decisions. The claim that APC is about providing food for Nigerians and not restructuring falls below expectation. We are constrained to inform Odigie-Oyegun and his APC that what Nigerians desire urgently are justice, fairness and equality. These can only be actualized through restructuring.

“We want Nigeria to be a true federal state with six autonomous regions. Each of the regions contributing equally to a common pulse as it was in our independent constitution of 1960.

“Again, we equally disagree with Junaid Mohammed of his uninformed position of no restructuring of this lopsided Nigeria state. We are not surprised to hear this from the likes of Junaid Mohammed, who is from a region that is benefiting from the defective federal structure at the detriment of other regions.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/03/restructure-split-nigeria-now-niger-delta-tells-federal-government/

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by obamabinladen(m): 11:00am On Jul 03, 2017
Ok
Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by Ogbuefi2020: 11:54am On Jul 03, 2017
No difference from what the Biafrans are saying, so why is everybody hating on the Biafrans??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by KahlDrogo(m): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
No difference from what the Biafrans are saying, so why is everybody hating on the Biafrans??
First, people hate them because they hate everyone else, including any Ibo man who doesn't worship dead animal bones like Kanu.

Secondly, they contribute alot to the national purse while Jewish igbos contribute absolutely nothing yet they make the loudest noise.

Thirdly, you don't see them insulting everyone and calling the country a zoo.

Forth, you don't see them comparing one riffraff to Jesus Christ.

Fifth, they say Restructure OR part ways while ibos say biafra or DEATH.

Etc etc etc.

Let's go to the refuse dump and pray with our dilector my Jewish alobam. . smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by EzeUche(m): 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
We can all thank Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB for this.

No one would be talking about restructuring or splitting Nigeria without the efforts of Nnamdi Kanu

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by Daplux4: 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
IBB understand Nigeria more than any other Northerner.
he knows that when it comes to equity other regions will support it because they have been dieing in silence .
North who preach one united Nigeria were saying it with decite not really when it comes to equity.
Southerners should stand on Restructuring or Nothing.
Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by ESDKING: 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
EzeUche:
We can all thank Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB for this.

No one would be talking about restructuring or splitting Nigeria without the efforts of Nnamdi Kanu
You have said it all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
KahlDrogo:
First, people hate them because they hate everyone else, including any Ibo man who doesn't worship dead animal bones like Kanu.

Secondly, they contribute alot to the national purse while Jewish igbos contribute absolutely nothing yet they make the loudest noise.

Etc etc etc.

Let's go to the refuse dump and pray with our dilector my Jewish alobam. . smiley
So why do you STRUGGLE to be in the same country with people you HATE so much?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by wristbangle: 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2017
KahlDrogo:

Etc etc etc.

Kahldrogo! Lmao grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by BlackMbakara1(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
Perceiving greed everywhere...
Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by KahlDrogo(m): 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
quid:

So why do you STRUGGLE to be in the same country with people you HATE so much?
God forbid bad thing. Me want to be in the same country with you people? If I can have my way, i will flog you people out of the country into your landlocked dungeon before 2pm. grin

Your fathers and grand fathers went begging to remain in Nigeria and you are here pounding your hairy chest claiming someone is holding you back. You wish. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by Ogbuefi2020: 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
KahlDrogo:

Etc etc etc.

Lol, continue promoting Biafra, thank you

1 Like

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by Ogbuefi2020: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
KahlDrogo:
God forbid bad thing. Me want to be in the same country with you people? If I can have my way, i will flog you people out of the country into your landlocked dungeon before 2pm. grin

Your fathers and grand fathers went begging to remain in Nigeria and you are here pounding your hairy chest claiming someone is holding you back. You wish. grin
You are dissipating a lot of energy over nothing, i smell frustrations

5 Likes

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by Nne5: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
KahlDrogo:

Etc etc etc.

Stop Trolling.
Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by KahlDrogo(m): 1:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

You are dissipating a lot of energy over nothing, i smell frustrations
And you who is dissipating energy on someone dissipating energy over nothing, isn't your situation worse? grin

By the way, when was the last time you had a bath? Think about the origin of the smell you are perceiving. grin

1 Like

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by KahlDrogo(m): 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
Nne5:

Stop Trolling.
Come bite me. kiss
Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by Ogbuefi2020: 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
KahlDrogo:
And you who is dissipating energy on someone dissipating energy over nothing, isn't your situation worse? grin

By the way, when was the last time you had a bath? Think about the origin of the smell you are perceiving. grin
your ethnic bashing is very dumb, this thread has nothing to bash about, but you will be devoured at the appropriate thread

1 Like

Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by KahlDrogo(m): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

your ethnic bashing is very dumb, this thread has nothing to bash about, but you will be devoured at the appropriate thread
Shut the hell up. You should have known that before opening your mouth to talk trash. cheesy
Re: Restructure Or Split Nigeria Now – Niger Delta Tells Federal Government by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
KahlDrogo:

Your fathers and uncles and mother fought to maintain one Nigeria. So sit back and enjoy your one Nigeria while it lasts.

Stop hating on Ndi Igbo. . . Igbo Amaka

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Interesting Facts About Nnamdi Kanu - Leader Ipob / Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria / Buhari’s Son Yusuf Now In Stable Condition, Says Doctors’ Guild

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.