Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria (1041 Views)

I Was Freer In Nigeria Than In India – El-zakzaky / Dead Innocent Umezulike Banned By Buhari From Traveling Outside Nigeria / Igbos More Concern On Our Status In Nigeria Than Igbo Presidency – Prof. Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:03am On Jul 20, 2017
I have traveled to almost 15 Countries and discovered that Nigerian are more united outside our shores than in Nigeria.

My experience:

The first time I arrived at JFK Airport, I met few Nigerians who became friends with me there and also, they helped me with choosing a good place to hang out and feel more at home. (That was when I visited my Uncle during the summer holiday in 2014).

I met few Nigerians in Ghana and they associate together and always protect their interest first. I was saved from being arrested one Night afrer a Nigerian guy told the police that I was his brother. He was well connected in Ghana. (That Night, I thought I saw an Angel because I would have been having my a** up in the cell)

I got a part time Job in UK in 2015 by the help of a Nigerian I met on the Bus. We just exchanged pleasantries and introduced my self as a Nigerian.

The story goes on and on, Even Benin Republic and South Africa I have met good Nigerians.

The reason why I travel a lot is because I have a lot of family members who do summer outside Nigeria like crazy.

I am planning to hit Austria this summer. So I expect to meet good Nigerians.

Share your story.........
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by NCANpatroller: 11:05am On Jul 20, 2017
Bros u neva jam the one wey go scam you?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by bigass123(m): 11:06am On Jul 20, 2017
Because there are no Buhari and less Nnamdi Kanus and Co.. So people can reason clearly and see things differently.
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:06am On Jul 20, 2017
NCANpatroller:
Name Checkers Patroller. Na the kind of you na im I dey meet for subway well well. By there looks you shall know them.
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by cutieme(m): 11:06am On Jul 20, 2017
True,i experienced same when i travelled to Benin republic and ghana too.But some can be very disguisting.
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by NCANpatroller: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2017
ransomeware:

Name Checkers Patroller. Na the kind of you na im I dey meet for subway well well. By there looks you shall know them.

I can also see you are dumb.
I'm sure committed crime. Na hin make ghana police wan jail you.
Enter SA. Sorry is ur case
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:14am On Jul 20, 2017
bigass123:
Because there are no Buhari and less Nnamdi Kanus and Co.. So people can reason clearly and see things differently.

Bro. you are right. we also have to ask seun to add more moderators to take out haters on nairaland. Achild can easily hate Nigeria reading Nairaland every morning.
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2017
NCANpatroller:

I can also see you are dumb.
I'm sure committed crime. Na hin make ghana police wan jail you.
Enter SA. Sorry is ur case

Have you ever traveled outside Nigeria? Read...... I was returning from having fun. I dont like SA either because I dont see the country better for fun apart for Animal site seeing which I am not ready for. I would visit Calabar instead of SA.
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 20, 2017
bigass123:
Just shut up.If you have no respect and love for one another because of tribal differences,you're racist.Charity begins at home they say,if there's no love lost between the tribes,how can they even get on well with the world at large.This self hate stinks.You're not better than those you mentioned.
NCANpatroller:
There are Nigerian scammers as well as there are also criminals of varying nationalities.It is not a Nigerian thing.The sooner you realise this,the better for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by NCANpatroller: 11:19am On Jul 20, 2017
ransomeware:

Have you ever traveled outside Nigeria? Read...... I was returning from having fun. I dont like SA either because I dont see the country better for fun apart for Animal site seeing which I am not ready for. I would visit Calabar instead of SA.

Ode!
Travelling is an achievement?
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by sms87: 11:20am On Jul 20, 2017
No experience since I never travel out before
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by Epositive(m): 11:23am On Jul 20, 2017
i met some nigerians at UK last summer, trust me when i say they're reliable peeps cheesy
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:26am On Jul 20, 2017
NCANpatroller:

Ode!
Travelling is an achievement?

Bro. No bashing here na. Sorry if i sound hard at first. Remember you can still be my friend. Even through Nairaland. Please accept my apology
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:27am On Jul 20, 2017
Epositive:
i met some nigerians at UK last summer, trust me when i say they're reliable peeps cheesy

What about this summer where are you visiting?
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by NCANpatroller: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2017
TGoddess:
Just shut up.If you have no respect and love for one another because of tribal differences,you're racist.Charity begins at home they say,if there's no love lost between the tribes,how can they even get on well with the world at large.This self hate stinks.You're not better than those you mentioned. There are Nigerian scammers as well as there are also criminals of varying nationalities.It is not a Nigerian thing.The sooner you realise this,the better for you.
Madame I ain't talking about nationalities committing crimes. U may be unlucky to meet a Nigerian with bad intentions when u leave the shores of the country
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by NCANpatroller: 11:29am On Jul 20, 2017
ransomeware:

Bro. No bashing here na. Sorry if i sound hard at first. Remember you can still be my friend. Even through Nairaland. Please accept my apology

Lol
No hard feelings
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by pauljumbo: 11:32am On Jul 20, 2017
Op you are right am in Ghana at the moment with my family.

We see ourselves as Nigerians first before igbo, Yoruba or Hausa

I think politicians have devide us so much in Nigeria

But the irony of it is in the midst of politicians they see themselves as Nigerians first.
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2017
NCANpatroller:

Madame I ain't talking about nationalities committing crimes. U may be unlucky to meet a Nigerian with bad intentions when u leave the shores of the country

You are right. There are 95/5 percent of meeting good Nigerian (95 for good, 5 for bad)
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:34am On Jul 20, 2017
NCANpatroller:

Lol
No hard feelings

Thanks man. No hating. One love!!!!!!!
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 20, 2017
NCANpatroller:

Yeah,there are some crooked Nigerians but every country has its own fair share of criminals.Nigerians can be really nice people.
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:36am On Jul 20, 2017
pauljumbo:
Op you are right am in Ghana at the moment with my family.

We see ourselves as Nigerians first before igbo, Yoruba or Hausa

I think politicians have devide us so much in Nigeria

But the irony of it is in the midst of politicians they see themselves as Nigerians first.

Same expreience everywhere I go. Immediately at the mention of Naija, you are hailed and embraced with no hate. Even if you meet the bad ones, you are neither their target since they know you are one of theirs. The feeling of being a Nigerian is "Great outside Nigeria"
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:38am On Jul 20, 2017
TGoddess:
Yeah,there are some crooked Nigerians but every country has its own fair share of criminals.

Our population makes us less crooked. Imagine a country of 180 million people (that is about quarter the population of Africa is correct Census is done) and have little or no criminal outside the shores of this country. Isnt that amazing?
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by Freemancipation: 11:39am On Jul 20, 2017
It comes down to who you can relate to best if you migrate to another country. If you go to a new place you don know much people but you know that there are Nigerians somewhere, you might naturally gravitate towards that area. Plus you will find out the places to buy and eat Nigerian foods from them. It is out of convenience not out of love for each other.
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 20, 2017
ransomeware:

Our population makes us less crooked. Imagine a country of 180 million people (that is about quarter the population of Africa is correct Census is done) and have little or no criminal outside the shores of this country. Isnt that amazing?
Most Nigerians in diaspora are honest hardworking people.
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2017
Freemancipation:
It comes down to who you can relate to best if you migrate to another country. If you go to a new place you don know much people but you know that there are Nigerians somewhere, you might naturally gravitate towards that area. Plus you will find out the places to buy and eat Nigerian foods from them. It is out of convenience not out of love for each other.

Define the term unity and progress
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by tit(f): 11:50am On Jul 20, 2017
how many fulani have you seen outside nigeria?
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2017
TGoddess:
Most Nigerians in diaspora are honest hardworking people.

Best observation.

I heard someone Mention Nnamdi Kanu. I guess when he stayed in Uk, he survived by the help of Nigerians. They should ask him. Its just that if you read history, Uwazurike used politics to corrupt his mind and finally he went astray (But even if he still returns to Uk, I believe he will make peace and be laughed at by Nigerians since that is our true nature of love during hard times)
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by ransomeware: 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
tit:
how many fulani have you seen outside nigeria?

My man, my best friend is Fulani and he has been lobbying from his parent to let me visit him in UK again since Am the one always having be heart to reachout to other Nigerians. Fulani's are shy people in Nature and they are in every country and at every continent you visit apart from Antarctica. They existed long before any tribe in Nigeria.

They are good people. In my stay in the North, the Fulani made good number of people. I drank a hell lot of fura de nunu and ate a lot of cheap suya and related well.

Like someone said, the politicians are the problem
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by Freemancipation: 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
ransomeware:

Define the term unity and progress

What?
Re: Why Nigerians Are More United Outside Nigeria Than In Nigeria by Adeeko007(m): 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
May be because there is No tribe or religion difference involved, we go there as Nigerians and Nigerians alone

(1) (Reply)

UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York / Why Do Nigerians Complain So Much About Igbos / Osibanjo Caught In Massive NNPC Lie, He should Please Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.