Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,229 members, 7,849,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:17 AM

Sleep Paralysis Stories – The Scariest Sleep Disorder Of All - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sleep Paralysis Stories – The Scariest Sleep Disorder Of All (579 Views)

The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians / SLEEP Paralysis,has Anyone Experienced It? / Do You Get Pressed In The Midnight?11 Facts About Sleep Paralysis You Should Kno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sleep Paralysis Stories – The Scariest Sleep Disorder Of All by blackmarket(m): 11:58am On Jul 03, 2017
Sleep paralysis stories typically involve unusual and often extremely frightening or disturbing experiences. Perhaps you have one or two of these tales to tell of your own.If not, I’ll first share one of mine to give you an understanding of what itcan be like. Then we’ll take a closer look at whether sleep paralysis demons really exist, or if science can provide a logical and comforting explanation.Imagine, if you will, the following scenario: you’ve fallen asleep as usual after a long day. You hope you’ll have pleasant dreams and wake up the next morning feeling refreshed.But instead of waking up peacefully in the morning ready to groggily hit the snooze button, you awaken at anunknown time in the middle of the night.Two things immediately spring to mind: you can’t move – at all; and you’re not alone.You feel a weight on your chest, pressing you down and preventing you from sitting up. But it’s worse than that – you can’t move your arms or legs. You can’t even move your lips to call out for help.You’re not sure who or what is pushing on your chest. It’s too dark to see. But you just know there’s a presence there. Something strange. Something uninvited. Something frightening.This happened to me last year, and was a very unsettling experience. Fortunately there was no demon, ghost or lost burglar. After a brief period of panic the feeling passed and I was able to stumble to the bathroom to make sure my face wasn’t decorated with demonic symbols.It was a classic case of sleep paralysis.Sleep paralysis stories like this one are in fact surprisingly common – A study in 2011 found that7.6% of peoplewill experience sleep paralysisin their lifetime. And the figure is even higher among people who have narcolepsy (around 40%).You may well have experienced this phenomenon yourself, but until now not known what it was you were going through. So now we have a name for it we need to know what causes it, and what can be done about it.Accepting the cause is something which I now know many readers struggle with. Although sleep paralysis has a solid scientific explanation (as you’ll see in a minute), thefeelingcan be so real that you may find it difficult to accept the scientific explanation.Cultural, religious, esoteric and personal beliefs all play a key role in how you end up viewing sleep paralysis. And with that, how you go about dealing with it in the future.So in a moment we’ll take a look at the scientific explanation, and also consider some of the alternative viewpoints.Polls – what’s your experience of sleep paralysis?

Re: Sleep Paralysis Stories – The Scariest Sleep Disorder Of All by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
Witchcraft at work.

Tapping of Destinies or exchange of destinies..

Believe it.... saying from experience...
Re: Sleep Paralysis Stories – The Scariest Sleep Disorder Of All by sonofluc1fer: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
ZKOSOSO:

Believe it.... saying from experience...
Of course. You are an experienced bullshitter.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Of George Carlin / China Bans Children From Attending Church / A Page From A Pastor’s Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.