Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians (31260 Views)

The Evil Called Atheism! / A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2018
As I chat with atheists here on nairaland I tend to also study them and their styles of argument which unknown to them, projects their mental states through their writing and I have come to discover a few rather shocking things as I studied them.

I will begin this OP with a quote by Robert Reich the former U.S labour secretary under former President Bill Clinton when he said and I quote

"God is worse than terrorism"! He argued that followers of God pose a more significant threat to the 21st Century world than terrorists do and concluded by saying,

“ the great conflict of the modern world will not be between the West and terrorism but between those who believe in the primacy of the individual and those who believe that human beings owe their allegiance and identity to a higher authority; between those who believe in science, reason, and logic and those who believe that truth is revealed through Scripture and religious dogma
”.

These rather illogical choice of words are the lengths atheists resort to while trying to negate the existence of God to themselves FIRST and then by extension, to their readers. This process of self negation involves playing of many mental games that well and truly stretches their psychological defense mechanisms.

The three men, who made atheism popular in the 19th Century, had almost the same experiences early in their lives, and there is a common psychological pattern evident in their later lives of rebellion.

They are, Friedrich Nietzsche, Thomas Henry Huxley and Sigmund Freud. They all had very similar psychological challenges and issues in their lives. They all had cruel fathers who often exerted domineering tendencies on them, they all suffered very high levels of depression and chronic obsessive fears. They therefore made it their lifes goal to destroy God, who to them represented a symbol of their fathers.

Since the existence of God is a reality (Yes I said that it is a reality so it is not a typo and is not open to debate either), an atheists mind protects itself from this rather profound reality through rejection of God’s existence using several psychological defense mechanisms such as i have observed in basically all Nairaland atheists. These psychological defense mechanisms are,

1) Rationalization

2) Repression

3) Displacement

4) Suppression and denial

Rationalization is an atheist’s number one favourite psychological defense mechanism. They very much depend on false reasoning that sounds logical to negate to themselves, the reality of God. They will throw loads and loads of reasons at Christians as to why God does not exist, and make them sound as logical as possible.

I will quote from a book written by John Pasquini, titled, Atheist Personality Disorder and he said thus,

"Addressing a Distorted Mindset, points out that atheists are good at using pedantic language to convince themselves and others, as they fool themselves that they are intellectually superior, while in the real sense, they are mere rationalizers."

Displacement is another extremely popular coping mechanism that an atheist uses. They always shift their anger towards believers and belief systems. Have you ever wondered why the thing atheists are good at is attacking religion and believers? It’s simply a coping mechanism.

An over reliance on these defense mechanisms do often lead to emotional immaturity and disjointed thinking that ends up in personality disorders. There is more than enough proof that atheism is a personality disorder.

1) Atheists have among the highest suicide rates in the world. Atheist countries have a suicide rate of 32 percent for every 100,000 people as compared to 4 for every 100,000 people in religious countries.

2) They are the most aggressive bitter and unhappy group in the society and this is evident even here on nairaland as all you need to do is scan individual atheist comments in the religion section and you would see hatred, bitterness, resentment and vile language all roled into one. It is common knowledge that our words are a projection of who we are.

3) Statistics have shown that they are less likely to get married twice as likely to get divorced and highly likely to have no children.

4) Statistics from atheistic regimes show that atheists are among the most intolerant groups in the world. The most popular atheistic nations are the former Soviet Union (Which is now a Christian Nation known as Russia), Vietnam and North Korea. According to John Pasquini, the Soviets destroyed more than 42,000 churches between 1917 and 1969, leaving the country with less than 6,000 churches. North Korea destroyed more than 500 Buddhist temples, while Vietnam destroyed more than 700. About 168 out of 270 suicide bombings that were carried out between 1980 and 2000 were not by Muslims but by Marxist atheists, including the bombing that killed President Ranasinge Premadasa of Sri Lanka in 1993 which was carried out by an atheist terrorist group known as Tamil Tigers (Yes again i said it and it was no typo. The Tamil Tigers are an atheist terrorist group). And it is clearly evident through their ideology as stated by wikipedia and i quote,

"Religion was not a major factor in their philosophy or ideology, the ideology of the Tamil Tigers emerged from Marxist-Leninist thought, and was explicitly secular. Its leadership professed opposition to religion".

As my fellow Christian, after you must have read all of the above, my strong counsel to you goes thus

"The very next time an atheist tries to engage you in an argument. LEAVE THEM ALONE!"

You don’t have to prove the existence of God to attention seeking psychotics who want to assert their intellectual superiority through faulty psychological coping mechanisms. You don’t have to prove that God exists. In fact you cannot be "arm twisted" to as atheists tend to attempt making you do through emotional blackmail. His existence is not debatable!

The moment you learn to ignore their demands they die just like when you starve a person of food, they die. This is the prescription on how to treat the mental disorder known as atheism.

Apply this very effective doses anywhere you see them gather and anytime you read their demands regarding proof for Gods existence from you regardless of the deliberate provocation they pour on you and watch them dry up and die.

God bless and Happy curing cheesy

References :

http://news.gallup.com/poll/108625/more-religious-countries-lower-suicide-rates.aspx

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a2a902ee4b022ec613b812b/amp

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thread-Why-Do-Atheists-Have-the-Highest-Suicide-Rates

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_Tigers_of_Tamil_Eelam

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union

cc winner01, felixomor, Anas09, ishilove, Sonofthunder, sciencewatch, image123, kingebukasblog, etc

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Vinstel: 9:26am On Jun 02, 2018
I don't even waste my time arguing with atheists. I tell them the truth and leave them to do whatever they will with it.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 9:28am On Jun 02, 2018
Vinstel:
I don't even waste my time arguing with atheists. I tell them the truth and leave them to do whatever they will with it.

Awesome methodology. I approve of this.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Elthugnificent(m): 9:51am On Jun 02, 2018
Wow, this is an interesting read. Thank you very much for saving me from my mental disorder.

1 Like

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by paxonel(m): 10:02am On Jun 02, 2018
OK, let me finish with this my break buhari fast, I'm coming

1 Like

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 10:30am On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:
As I chat with atheists here on nairaland I tend to also study them and their styles of argument which unknown to them, projects their mental states through their writing and I have come to discover a few rather shocking things as I studied them.
The great pity is that unbeknown to you, it would seem, your style of argument projects your mental state, and if you could only see, you would find what you've written here applies to you.

But one need not bother about the forest in ones own eye, I suppose, when one can focus better on the twig in the eye of others.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by GodSon34(m): 10:31am On Jun 02, 2018
It’s funny because they believe that Religious people are the ones that are mentally ill. The truth is we are all mentally ill.

All Religions are a twisted version of the truth. So
Butterflyleo:

I will begin this OP with a quote by Robert Reich the former U.S labour secretary under former President Bill Clinton when he said and I quote

"God is worse than terrorism"! He argued that followers of God pose a more significant threat to the 21st Century world than terrorists do and concluded by saying,

“ the great conflict of the modern world will not be between the West and terrorism but between those who believe in the primacy of the individual and those who believe that human beings owe their allegiance and identity to a higher authority; between those who believe in science, reason, and logic and those who believe that truth is revealed through Scripture and religious dogma
”.

These rather illogical choice of words are the lengths atheists resort to while trying to negate the existence of God to themselves FIRST and then by extension, to their readers. This process of self negation involves playing of many mental games that well and truly stretches their psychological defense mechanisms.

The three men, who made atheism popular in the 19th Century, had almost the same experiences early in their lives, and there is a common psychological pattern evident in their later lives of rebellion.

They are, Friedrich Nietzsche, Thomas Henry Huxley and Sigmund Freud. They all had very similar psychological challenges and issues in their lives. They all had cruel fathers who often exerted domineering tendencies on them, they all suffered very high levels of depression and chronic obsessive fears. They therefore made it their lifes goal to destroy God, who to them represented a symbol of their fathers.

Since the existence of God is a reality (Yes I said that it is a reality so it is not a typo and is not open to debate either), an atheists mind protects itself from this rather profound reality through rejection of God’s existence using several psychological defense mechanisms such as i have observed in basically all Nairaland atheists. These psychological defense mechanisms are,

1) Rationalization

2) Repression

3) Displacement

Rationalization is an atheist’s number one favourite psychological defense mechanism. They very much depend on false reasoning that sounds logical to negate to themselves, the reality of God. They will throw loads and loads of reasons at Christians as to why God does not exist, and make them sound as logical as possible.

I will quote from a book written by John Pasquini, titled, Atheist Personality Disorder and he said thus,

"Addressing a Distorted Mindset, points out that atheists are good at using pedantic language to convince themselves and others, as they fool themselves that they are intellectually superior, while in the real sense, they are mere rationalizers."

Displacement is another extremely popular coping mechanism that an atheist uses. They always shift their anger towards believers and belief systems. Have you ever wondered why the thing atheists are good at is attacking religion and believers? It’s simply a coping mechanism.

An over reliance on these defense mechanisms do often lead to emotional immaturity and disjointed thinking that ends up in personality disorders. There is more than enough proof that atheism is a personality disorder.

1) Atheists have among the highest suicide rates in the world. Atheist countries have a suicide rate of 32 percent for every 100,000 people as compared to 4 for every 100,000 people in religious countries.

2) They are the most aggressive bitter and unhappy group in the society and this is evident even here on nairaland as all you need to do is scan individual atheist comments in the religion section and you would see hatred, bitterness, resentment and vile language all roled into one. It is common knowledge that our words are a projection of who we are.

3) Statistics have shown that they are less likely to get married twice as likely to get divorced and highly likely to have no children.

4) Statistics from atheistic regimes show that atheists are among the most intolerant groups in the world. The most popular atheistic nations are the former Soviet Union (Which is now a Christian Nation known as Russia), Vietnam and North Korea. According to John Pasquini, the Soviets destroyed more than 42,000 churches between 1917 and 1969, leaving the country with less than 6,000 churches. North Korea destroyed more than 500 Buddhist temples, while Vietnam destroyed more than 700. About 168 out of 270 suicide bombings that were carried out between 1980 and 2000 were not by Muslims but by Marxist atheists, including the bombing that killed President Ranasinge Premadasa of Sri Lanka in 1993 which was carried out by an atheist terrorist group known as Tamil Tigers (Yes again i said it and it was no typo. The Tamil Tigers are an atheist terrorist group). And it is clearly evident through their ideology as stated by wikipedia and i quote,

"Religion was not a major factor in their philosophy or ideology, the ideology of the Tamil Tigers emerged from Marxist-Leninist thought, and was explicitly secular. Its leadership professed opposition to religion".

As my fellow Christian, after you must have read all of the above, my strong counsel to you goes thus

"The very next time an atheist tries to engage you in an argument. LEAVE THEM ALONE!"

You don’t have to prove the existence of God to attention seeking psychotics who want to assert their intellectual superiority through faulty psychological coping mechanisms. You don’t have to prove that God exists. In fact you cannot be "arm twisted" to as atheists tend to attempt making you do through emotional blackmail. His existence is not debatable!

The moment you learn to ignore their demands they die just like when you starve a person of food, they die. This is the prescription on how to treat the mental disorder known as atheism.

Apply this very effective doses anywhere you see them gather and anytime you read their demands regarding proof for Gods existence from you regardless of the deliberate provocation they pour on you and watch them dry up and die.

References :

http://news.gallup.com/poll/108625/more-religious-countries-lower-suicide-rates.aspx

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thread-Why-Do-Atheists-Have-the-Highest-Suicide-Rates

cc winner01, felixomor, Anas09, ishilove, Sonofthunder, sciencewatch, image123, kingebukasblog, etc
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 10:40am On Jun 02, 2018
budaatum:

The great pity is that unbeknown to you, it would seem, your style of argument projects your mental state and if you could only see, you would find what you've written here applies to you.

But one need not bother about the forest in ones own eye, I suppose, when one can focus better on the twig in the eye of others.

Do remember that you are holding a loaded gun that points both ways with a feather trigger.

This is a religion section of this forum last time I checked and it is actually atheists who invaded it and decided to focus on the twig in our eyes while deliberately ignoring the forest of thorn bushes in their eyes.

I hope I helped reset your thinking.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 10:55am On Jun 02, 2018
Vinstel:

WHAT TRUTH...
THAT THERE'S AN INVISIBLE BEING UP IN THE SKY THAT WE ALL SHOULD FEAR AND WORSHIP..... AND THAT HIS MESSENGERS NEED OUR MONEY? HAHAHAHA grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 11:00am On Jun 02, 2018
^^^^
|||||||

@Vinstel you would do well to ignore the baiting of the atheist above. His arm twisting technique evident in his method of writing is meant to trigger you emotionally and force words of defence from you. This method of his is already captured in the OP.

7 Likes

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by frank317: 11:41am On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflylion: God exists, he loves u and will burn u in hell if u dont love him back

Atheists: i dont see any God, pls prove the existence of God and if God loves me why are u the one telling me... are u God?

Butterflylion: God exists, u cant see him, his ways are unknown, he lives in ur heart, he exists he lives beyond this universe, he has is eternal, he loves u, he will kill u, he died for u.... but human mind cannot comprehend him, he wants to have a ralationship with u.. blah blah blah..

Atheists: (Whats he saying?) Ur God idea is psychotic, its like someone who has personality disorder, u havent given me enough reason to see he exists, why not tell him to reach our to me, where is he? Ok get him to answer one or to question......... (nothing) ok let me provoke this ur God that u say is real to act.. he is mad, he is mentally unstable.....

Butterflylion: atheists are mentally unstable.. they say God dont exist yet they say he is mad...

Frank: my friend, prove your God exists and a stop wasting our time by acting like a deranged pig!!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 11:54am On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Do remember that you are holding a loaded gun that points both ways with a feather trigger.

This is a religion section of this forum last time I checked and it is actually atheists who invaded it and decided to focus on the twig in our eyes while deliberately ignoring the forest of thorn bushes in their eyes.

I hope I helped reset your thinking.
You would have to take that up with the mods butter, for if as you say, that is a rule, you need just report me and get me banned.

As to the loaded gun that points both ways, it is as I have suggested in my post, perhaps consider that it points at you too. Though, to be accurate, loaded guns do not point both ways, least not as far as I can recall!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 11:57am On Jun 02, 2018
^^^^
|||||||

As pointed out in the OP.

This is clearly evident in the language of the comment from the atheist who is one step above me.

8 Likes

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 11:59am On Jun 02, 2018
budaatum:

You would have to take that up with the mods butter, for if as you say, that is a rule, you need just report me and get me banned.

As to the loaded gun that points both ways, it is as I have suggested in my post, perhaps consider that it points at you too. Though, to be accurate, loaded guns do not point both ways, least not as far as I can recall!

You can use the loaded gun term to mean a two sided coin or words though attempted to focus on others were actually focused on ourselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 12:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:
His arm twisting technique evident in his method of writing is meant to trigger you emotionally and force words of defence from you. This method of his is already captured in the OP.
The op itself was intended to trigger emotion and force words of defence butter, and you know it was!

And you also know the last thing you intend to do on this thread is take a dose of the medicine you advise others to take, as that would defeat your intention.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You can use the loaded gun term to mean a two sided coin or words though attempted to focus on others were actually focused on ourselves.
I could if I wanted to, but I do prefer not to twist illogical analogies to prove my point as discerning readers would see right through my shody attempts to justify the unjustifiable!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by luvmijeje(f): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
*nodding my head in approval*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

As pointed out in the OP.

This is clearly evident in the language of the comment from the atheist who is one step above me.
Oh, we need not go outside this thread to "see hatred, bitterness, resentment and vile language all roled into one" butter. There is enough "hatred, bitterness, resentment and vile language" in the original post in this thread!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
budaatum:

The op itself was intended to trigger emotion and force words of defence butter, and you know it was!

And you also know the last thing you intend to do on this thread is take a dose of the medicine you advise others to take, as that would defeat your intention.

Well as you can clearly see, I posted credible references to my OP and they surely were not meant to trigger emotion. After all even Wikipedia is owned by an atheist so would he want to trigger emotions against his own?

This thread is to serve as a beacon to Christians and not meant to be a bashing or debate thread.

The dose of medicine I have recommended is quite apt for atheists who happen to be the ones invading a religious section. If atheists wish to defend their position out of guilt then they would still be ignored.

As far as this thread is concerned and from now henceforth, atheists who seek for relevance whenever they hear God or what he represents would be ignored and keep being ignored.

They will no longer be fueled or given the nutrition they so crave.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
budaatum:

Oh, we need not go outside this thread to "see hatred, bitterness, resentment and vile language all roled into one" butter. There is enough "hatred, bitterness, resentment and vile language" in the original post in this thread!

You can go ahead and petition the owners of the links I referenced.

4 Likes

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Below is an example of your gun shotting both ways!

The LTTE was a self-styled national liberation organization with the primary goal of establishing an independent Tamil state. Tamil nationalism was the primary basis of its ideology. The LTTE was influenced by Indian freedom fighters such as Subhas Chandra Bose. The organization denied being a separatist movement and saw itself as fighting for self-determination and restoration of sovereignty in what it recognized as its homeland. Although most Tigers were Hindus, the LTTE was an avowedly secular organization; religion did not play any significant part in its ideology.

I strongly advise you buy your guns from reputable dealers so you don't shoot yourself!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You can go ahead and petition the owners of the links I referenced.
Na, not really. I just need to point out how you twist and fabricate your facts! People are not stupid. They can see the truth when it is presented.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Soviet law never officially outlawed the holding of religious views, and the various Soviet Constitutions always guaranteed the right to believe.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
budaatum:

Below is an example of your gun shotting both ways!

The LTTE was a self-styled national liberation organization with the primary goal of establishing an independent Tamil state. Tamil nationalism was the primary basis of its ideology. The LTTE was influenced by Indian freedom fighters such as Subhas Chandra Bose. The organization denied being a separatist movement and saw itself as fighting for self-determination and restoration of sovereignty in what it recognized as its homeland. Although most Tigers were Hindus, the LTTE was an avowedly secular organization; religion did not play any significant part in its ideology.

I strongly advise you buy your guns from reputable dealers so you don't shoot yourself!

secular
adjective
not connected with religious or spiritual matters.

Atheism : Not connected with religious and spiritual matters.

But they are not religious. They're not Islamic. They're a Hindu group.]They're a Marxist group. They're actually anti-religious.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=104391493

In his later life, Marx wrote only about a need to separate religion from the state, but he was still hostile to religious belief. He believed that belief in the existence of God was immoral and anti-human

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxism_and_religion

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist–Leninist_atheism

https://www.marxist.com/socialism-only-way-sri-lanka-tamils.htm

Connect the dots. If you feel I am twisting the facts then perhaps you need to rewrite the links so they would distort the facts I take from them which are evidently true.

Your desire to go defensive out of guilt (as I earlier pointed out) is evident so I will stick to my earlier word and ignore you. Thank you

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
For sake of clarity to the readers. This is a response to those who believe soviet union never officially outlawed the holding of religious views.

Can we all read these laws together please

These are the links to that effect

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_anti-religious_legislation

And

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/archives/anti.html

This is an extract from the second link

The Soviet Union was the first state to have as an ideological objective the elimination of religion. Toward that end, the Communist regime confiscated church property, ridiculed religion, harassed believers, and propagated atheism in the schools. Actions toward particular religions, however, were determined by State interests, and most organized religions were never outlawed.
The main target of the anti-religious campaign in the 1920s and 1930s was the Russian Orthodox Church, which had the largest number of faithful. Nearly all of its clergy, and many of its believers, were shot or sent to labor camps. Theological schools were closed, and church publications were prohibited. By 1939 only about 500 of over 50,000 churches remained open

2 Likes

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 12:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Another concern is that countries that are more religious might tend to underreport suicides -- because of subpar medical documentation, or the added social stigma suicide carries in countries that are more religious.

In these data, however, homicide rates were actually somewhat higher in countries that are more religious.

In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

Butterflyleo:

Yes, atheists like many other marginalized minorities can be prone to depression and even suicide in large part due to the horrible behavior of many in the religious majority. We live in a world dominated by people who often fervently believe ancient superstitions and who many times demonize, harass, ostracize, and disown those who lack belief in those ancient superstitions. Atheists on the receiving end of this treatment are understandably stressed and isolated. They often experience anxiety and depression as a result.

Butterflyleo:

This final one is like using your own rhetoric to justify yourself. Kind of like your loaded gun that shoots both ways, to be honest!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
Here is a letter of March 19, 1922, from Lenin via Molotov to members of the Politburo, outlining a brutal plan of action against the "Black Hundreds" clergy and their followers, who were defying the government decree to remove church valuables (purported by the government to be used to fund famine relief). Lenin proposed the arrest and quick trial of the insurrectionists in Shuia, followed by a ruthless campaign to shoot a large number of the reactionary clergy and bourgeoisie and urged that removal of valuables from the richest churches and monasteries be finished quickly.

This letter clearly shows that the points raised in the OP are all valid. This was a letter from an atheist leader against the religious in his own country and loaded with so much hatred, anger, bitterness, bloodthirst and death.

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/archives/ae2bkhun.html

Copy To Comrade Molotov
Top Secret For members of the Politburo
Please make no copies for any reason. Each
member of the Politburo (incl. Comrade Kalinin)
should comment directly on the document.
Lenin.

In regard to the occurrence at Shuia, which is already slated for discussion by the Polituro, it is necessary right now to make a firm decision about a general plan of action in the present course. Because I doubt that I will be able to attend the Politburo meeting on March 20th in person, I will set down my thoughts in writing.

The event at Shuia should be connected with the announcement that the Russian News Agency [ROST] recently sent to the newspapers but that was not for publication, namely, the
announcement that the Black Hundreds in Petrograd [Piter] were preparing to defy the decree on the removal of property of value
from the churches. If this fact is compared with what the papers report about the attitude of the clergy to the decree on the removal of church property in addition to what we know about the illegal proclamation of Patriarch Tikhon, then it becomes perfectly clear that the Black Hundreds clergy, headed by its leader, with full
deliberation is carrying out a plan at this very moment to destroy us decisively.

It is obvious that the most influential group of the Black Hundreds clergy conceived this plan in secret meetings and that it was accepted with sufficient resolution. The events in Shuia is only
one manifestation and actualization of this general plan.

I think that here our opponent is making a huge strategic error by attempting to draw us into a decisive struggle now when it is especially hopeless and especially disadvantageous to him. For us, on the other hand, precisely at the present moment we are presented with an exceptionally favorable, even unique, opportunity when we can in 99 out of 100 chances utterly defeat our enemy
with complete success and guarantee for ourselves the position we require for decades. Now and only now, when people are being
eaten in famine-stricken areas, and hundreds, if not thousands, of corpses lie on the roads, we can (and therefore must) pursue the removal of church property with the most frenzied and ruthless energy and not hesitate to put down the least opposition. Now and only now, the vast majority of peasants will either be on our side,
or at least will not be in a position to support to any decisive degree this handful of Black Hundreds clergy and reactionary urban
petty bourgeoisie, who are willing and able to attempt to oppose this Soviet decree with a policy of force.

We must pursue the removal of church property by any means necessary in order to secure for ourselves a fund of several
hundred million gold rubles (do not forget the immense wealth of some monasteries and lauras). Without this fund any government
work in general, any economic build-up in particular, and any upholding of soviet principles in Genoa especially is completely unthinkable. In order to get our hands on this fund of several
hundred million gold rubles (and perhaps even several hundred billion), we must do whatever is necessary. But to do this successfully is possible only now. All considerations indicate that
later on we will fail to do this, for no other time, besides that of desperate famine, will give us such a mood among the general mass
of peasants that would ensure us the sympathy of this group, or, at least, would ensure us the neutralization of this group in the sense
that victory in the struggle for the removal of church property unquestionably and completely will be on our side.

One clever writer on statecraft correctly said that if it is necessary for the realization of a well-known political goal to perform a series of brutal actions then it is necessary to do them in
the most energetic manner and in the shortest time, because masses of people will not tolerate the protracted use of brutality. This observation in particular is further strengthened because harsh measures against a reactionary clergy will be politically impractical, possibly even extremely dangerous as a result of the international
situation in which we in Russia, in all probability, will find ourselves, or may find ourselves, after Genoa. Now victory over the reactionary clergy is assured us completely. In addition, it will
be more difficult for the major part of our foreign adversaries among the Russian emigres abroad, i.e., the Socialist-Revolutionaries and the Milyukovites [Left Wing Cadet Party], to
fight against us if we, precisely at this time, precisely in connection with the famine, suppress the reactionary clergy with utmost haste
and ruthlessness.

Therefore, I come to the indisputable conclusion that we must precisely now smash the Black Hundreds clergy most decisively and ruthlessly and put down all resistance with such
brutality that they will not forget it for several decades.

The campaign itself for carrying out this plan I envision in the following manner:

Only Comrade Kalinin should appear officially in regard to any measures taken--never and under no circumstance must Comrade Trotsky write anything for the press or in any other way appear before the public.

The telegram already issued in the name of the Politburo about the temporary suspension of removals must not be rescinded.
It is useful for us because it gives our adversary the impression that we are vacillating, that he has succeeded in confusing us (our adversary, of course, will quickly find out about this secret
telegram precisely because it is secret).

Send to Shuia one of the most energetic, clear-headed, and capable members of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee
[VTsIK] or some other representative of the central government (one is better than several), giving him verbal instructions through one of the members of the Politburo. The instructions must come down to this, that in Shuia he must arrest more if possible but not less than several dozen representatives of the local clergy, the local
petty bourgeoisie, and the local bourgeoisie on suspicion of direct or indirect participation in the forcible resistance to the decree of the VTsIK on the removal of property of value from churches.
Immediately upon completion of this task, he must return to Moscow and personally deliver a report to the full session of the Politburo or to two specially authorized members of the Politburo. On the basis of this report, the Politburo will give a detailed directive to the judicial authorities, also verbal, that the trial of the insurrectionists from Shuia, for opposing aid to the starving, should be carried out in utmost haste and should end not other than with the shooting of the very largest number of the most influential and dangerous of the Black Hundreds in Shuia, and, if possible, not only in this city but even in Moscow and several other ecclesiastical
centers.

I think that it is advisable for us not to touch Patriarch Tikhon himself, even though he undoubtedly headed this whole revolt of slave-holders. Concerning him, the State Political
Administration [GPU] must be given a secret directive that precisely at this time all communications of this personage must be
monitored and their contents disclosed in all possible accuracy and detail. Require Dzerzhinsky and Unshlikht personally to report to
the Politburo about this weekly.

At the party congress arrange a secret meeting of all or almost all delegates to discuss this matter jointly with the chief workers of the GPU, the People's Commissariat of Justice [NKIu], and the Revolutionary Tribunal. At this meeting pass a secret resolution of the congress that the removal of property of value, especially from the very richest lauras, monasteries, and churches, must be carried out with ruthless resolution, leaving nothing in doubt, and in the very shortest time. The greater the number of
representatives of the reactionary clergy and the reactionary bourgeoisie that we succeed in shooting on this occasion, the better because this "audience" must precisely now be taught a lesson in such a way that they will not dare to think about any resistance whatsoever for several decades.

To attend to the quickest and most successful carrying out of these measures, there at the congress, i.e., at the secret meeting,
appoint a special commission, the participation of Comrade Trotsky and Comrade Kalinin being required, without giving any publicity to this commission, with the purpose that the subordination to it of all operations would be provided for and carried out not in the name of the commission but as an all-soviet and all-party order. Appoint those who are especially responsible from among the best workers to carry out these measures in the wealthiest lauras,
monasteries, and churches.

Lenin.

March 19, 1922.

I request that Comrade Molotov attempt to circulate this letter to the members of the Politburo by evening today (not making copies) and ask them to return it to the secretary
immediately after reading it, with a succinct note regarding whether each member of the Politburo agrees in principle or if the letter arouses any differences of opinion.

Lenin.

A note in the hand of Comrade Molotov:

"Agreed. However, I propose to extend the campaign not to all gubernias and cities, but to those where indeed there are considerable possessions of value, accordingly concentrating the forces and attention of the party.

March 19. Molotov
."

cry cry cry

This is how it has always been with atheists even here on nairaland. This is very sad to read.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by bobowaja(m): 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

OK let's see if you are going to make sense today.

”.

Your first mistake is appealing to authority which atheists don't buy into unlike you guys. Secondly you never provide adequate proof to prove his word illogical..... You just pulled your conclusion from somewhere and plugged it in. So, who is illogical? You or him?

Athiest never starts with someone and it was never popularized by some groups of people. Atheists has exists as hold as religion itself as a skeptic. And, more over your conclusions are making uneasy - what is the relationship between their fathers and God? How you jumped into conclusion that they hate God because of their father baffles someone a lot. The question is.... Are you their when they made their decisions? Don't be wise by half and at the end look stupid.

The above is your problem.
You know he exist and when we ask for proof we start cursing our generations (you don't even have a proof that your imaginary friend exist). Can't you guys just proof him once and for all and shut us up? Is that too much to ask you and your God?

1) Rationalization

2) Repression

3) Displacement

Jumping as usual. I can bet those who shared same faith with you won't even understand what you wrote up there. You gave a mental disorder a new meaning actually and I could authoritatively say you are guilty of your words

Give statistics and links from verifiable source. Don't just sit in the comfort of your room and pull out figures from your a*nus

And the brainwashing continues. Tell me what sensible stuff have you said so far that warrant this conclusion? You know you cant win this intellectual war because you will be losing members every time but you will rather tell them to close their brains so that they won't have doubts, so that they won't use their brains and see through the deceits you guys keep preaching on your alters. Can you see now that you are the one who is mentally derailed?

As usual asking them to close their brains and not debate because just like you and your fellows, they will lose out and will start having doubts which will in turn affect the offering box and tithe revenues

Here is my own conclusion: Please check yourself into a mental facility, get it fixed and start using it.

And as usual he called on his fellow deluded human to come first so that they can talk first and occupy the front page and in turn give themselves the likes and shares they so much craves.

I summit.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 1:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Your desire to go defensive out of guilt (as I earlier pointed out) is evident so I will stick to my earlier word and ignore you. Thank you
The guilt you assume I have, you mean. It doesn't appear to hinder me much, or haven't you noticed.

You are incapable of ignoring me butter. Your powers do not extend that far. However, I post not for you, but to correct the lies with which you attempt to sway opinion.

Those with eyes will not be blinded by your sort!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Butterflyleo: 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
Somehow when it comes to facts about atheists and atheism coming from a theist they all claim those facts which are readily available online were distorted by the theist and twisted to be a lie.

But when an atheist declares anything against theists they hold it to themselves as true.

So much for self assessment and ability to criticise ones own ideology as they claim theists do not do this yet it is evident that they are very much guilty of the same.

Cc vaxx

4 Likes

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by bobowaja(m): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
budaatum:

The great pity is that unbeknown to you, it would seem, your style of argument projects your mental state and if you could only see, you would find what you've written here applies to you.

That is the funniest thing. He wrote about himself. It is either he intentionally want to be insincere or his is out rightly deluded.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Atheism : Not connected with religious and spiritual matters.
Please help me people. Does anyone agree that atheism is not connected with religious and spiritual matters?

In fact butter, are you not the one who opened a thread claiming the reason for the existence of atheists is religion?!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering / M Skid Responds To Maraji's "Jesus Is The Only Way" Claim / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.