Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me (6977 Views)

Poll: Should she listen to the prayer warriors and dump her boyfriend?

Yes: 20% (16 votes)
No: 80% (64 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye Driving The Husband Pastor Adeboye In A Throwback Photo / Ten Types Of Prayer Warriors!! / Churches Raise Prayer Warriors Against Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by PHBABE(f): 7:13am On Feb 05, 2007
Prayers Warriors Say My Boyfriend Aint "the One"

Hmm. This one pass me oh!

Here it goes: I have dated this guy for 3 years plus and we sincerely love each other dearly. We have been there for each other, through thick and thin. I mean, I can't even completely explain.

Now, i am about to graduate and my mum comes to visit me in the states and she says i should give her a list of all my suitors so she can take it to all these prayers warriors so they can see which one of them is my husband to be. I gave her 3 names (ofcourse my BF's name was #1). Now she just called me and said that my BF is not the one and that some other guy on the list is. Now this so called guy had already went to my parents to ask 4 my hand in marriage but my dad told him to wait until i had graduated from school.

i have been crying since because i just can't believe my BF aint the one. And then stupid me i told my BF and now he is devastated.

Hmm, please i need your advice. I have been praying that God's will be done in my life. I can't understand this at all.

What do I do now?
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by peace2all(m): 8:14am On Feb 05, 2007
If you have a BF of 3 years that you love so much, how come there were other people on the list
you gave your mum?

1 Like

Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by adconline(m): 8:42am On Feb 05, 2007
Dont lose your  BF of 3 yrs. That stranger anointed by prayer warriors is trying to reap where he did not sow. Ask your mum how much she paid those prayer warriors and tell me why they would not do  her bidding. It looks like your family knows the other guy more than your BF. Its time for him to step the play.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by mamaput(f): 9:34am On Feb 05, 2007
And tell them God dose not take bribe.
I never heard that Jesus took money from anyone.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by niyooo(m): 9:58am On Feb 05, 2007
@ topic,

I would have thought the situation is pretty obvious. Your folks are already used to the guy the so called prayer warriors recommended so what else would you expect them to say. Abeg don't deal with the guy who has been there for you for years, are your parents going to live in your marital home with you? Though one should try as much as possible to get the parents acceptance b4 settling down one should not completely behave as if one doesn't have a mind of his/her own. So my advice to you is to go on your own knees and pray to God b4 you make any decision, what makes you think that God will listen to and answer the so called prayer warrior more than yourself. I think it's just a little bit of laziness on your part that you don't want to pray and are listening to so called prayer warriors. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Maneater1(f): 11:09am On Feb 05, 2007
What church are the so called prayer warriors in. if they choose spouses for people there would be no more divorces grin

thats big bizness for them, playing cupid.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Macgreat(m): 11:25am On Feb 05, 2007
First time am hearing this kind of thing,Nowadays pastors are not trusted not to take prayer worrior. like 'peace2all' said how come other people are you list,if he has been with you for 3yr you shoudn't have think of any other persons.what you suppose to have done is write his name more than once infact make him the list.Anyway that prayer worrior thing is not real,if you know the word you will refuse to believe that.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Macgreat(m): 11:27am On Feb 05, 2007
First time am hearing this kind of thing,Nowadays pastors are not trusted not to take prayer worrior. like 'peace2all' said how come other people are you list,if he has been with you for 3yr you shoudn't have think of any other persons.what you suppose to have done is write his name more than once infact make him the list.Anyway that prayer worrior thing is not real,if you know the word you will refuse to believe that.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Seun(m): 11:32am On Feb 05, 2007
This is an obvious attempt by your mother (sorry, prayer warriors) to choose a husband for you. smiley

I have been praying that God's will be done in my life.
What if God's will is for you to be happy? What if Gods will for you is what is already written in the bible?
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by la1(m): 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2007
i think those prayer warriors shud concentrate their energy on prayin away hunger and strife in africa and leave this husband slection biizz,
its sad bt obvious that ur mother orchestrated this whole thing to make sure the annoited candidate wins this selection, besides i think it was insensitive of you to consider other candidates and then tell ur boyfrend abt it i'd be pretty upset too if i was him angry
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ehie007(m): 1:24pm On Feb 05, 2007
dont tell me u nigerians still believe in the so called prayer warriors that go about deceiving people and their future. i guess these so called prayer warrioirs want to deceive and collect money.
my dear folow ur heart. u have a guy that has been with u thick and thin.
guys like that are hard to find.
so my dear follow ur heart better still ur senses and dont listen to anyone about who u will marry.
if ur descision is final ur parent will conform grin
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by numbers: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2007
what else did they say
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by texazzpete(m): 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2007
Why do people still let others dictate to them the people they would marry?

Listen, your parents (and d prayer warriors) wont be the ones to wake up fro the rest of their lives beside the person you marry. YOU would! YOU know the kind of relationship you have, not them.

Do what your heart tells you and tell d 'prayer warriors' to take a hike.

This reminds me of when my brother told my mum he didnt like my fiancee and she informed me. I laughed and told her, "Do you really think i give a damn?". That was the end of the matter! grin
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by tijehi(f): 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2007
The total avoidance of prayer warriors is the beginning of wisdom for any sane person. Dont ever take such an issue to them, cus they will end up giving you the hubby that will give u so much problems, so that u will keep running back to them for more prayers and of course more spending of ur hard earned cash. They are crooks. Dont you have belief and  faith in God? Cant u do ur prayers urself, if you have to fast to get answer from your heavenly creator who  knows what is best for you and who is definately going to give you his treasure who will inturn treasure you, please fast and pray. There is nothing above God. Forget all the stories from you mum, i bet you its all planned by ur mum and this so called popular suitor to her, he is favoured by her, but might not be by God. Girl start praying, cus na who wear the shoe na im know where the shoe dey pinch am. Godluck.

1 Like

Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by dakmanzero(m): 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2007
Whats happening here is simple.

Its the age-old tradition of Parental matchmaking- parents choosing suitors for theirt children. All the prayer-warrior stuff is just a smokescreen.

If you think about it this way its much easier to make your decision.

The guy your parents chose vs the guy YOU chose.

The prayer warrior stuff is simply the nparents way of drawing the 'battle line'. If you choose your bf, you risk appearing rebellious/out of control. Now you must add 'ability to stand by me under pressure from parents+extended family' amongst the 'positive qualities' of your bf. If he doesnt measure up, you have to leave him. You can't choose your family.

If you feel you can safely disconnect with your family, then assume they will abandon u if you go with him, and stay with him.

If you value your parents satisfaction over your own happiness, you can marry the guy they chose for you. Otherwise, ignore him, too.

Its sad, and hard  to do, but like I said earlier, we dont choose our family.

1 Like

Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by fellow(m): 2:18pm On Feb 05, 2007
well what a cracker. I am at lost on what to say
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Lush: 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2007
, in the end time, many will come in my stead , claiming to come from me (something like that anyway) Whats stopping you from praying and asking God if he's the one? Why let these prayer warriors do the praying and decision making for you? angry You've been seeing him for 3 years and you can't find something you don't like, and you're shedding tears when he's the perfect person for you. Damn girl, i don't know about you but i aint listening to no prayer warriors to come tell me how to handle my business angry The fact that they even accept money (which they claim is for church building) is enough to stop me from even writing out a list of possible suitors (thats even if i were to listen to the preposterous request in the first place angry
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by PHBABE(f): 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2007
well, thanks to all of your opinions. i really appreciate it.
peace2all:

If you have a BF of 3 years that you love so much, how come there were other people on the list
you gave your mum?

I did that bcuz she said i should list all the pp interested in me [/i]on the list. Bcuz i don't keep anything from my BF he was very pissed when i told him about the list thing. He said there should have been no list at all.

Hmm. . .  honestly, i thought the same thing too when she told me that other guy was chosen. That guy is our family friends nephew and i think my parents may be trying to manipulate me, but i never thought they would do such. what a shame. Now i wish my parents knew about my BF all along.

Lush:

[i] , in the end time, many will come in my stead ,
Whats stopping you from praying and asking God if he's the one? Why let these prayer warriors do the praying and decision making for you? angry You've been seeing him for 3 years and you can't find something you don't like, and you're shedding tears when he's the perfect person for you. Damn girl, i don't know about you but i aint listening to no prayer warriors to come tell me how to handle my business angry The fact that they even accept money (which they claim is for church building) is enough to stop me from even writing out a list of possible suitors (thats even if i were to listen to the preposterous request in the first place angry

i am not sure if they took money from my mum oh. do they usually do that?
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Macgreat(m): 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2007
undecided phew!!! Na wa,family friend nephew?
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by feelgood(m): 4:12pm On Feb 05, 2007
@PHBABE
Don't know why you are stressed up - no need for that. Just tell the good folks you are not interested
and that you have someone else. Thank them for their concern.
But then, adding some 2 other names into the list (especially the one chosen by the warriors) is a pointer that
you are not really sure of this your current bf and you wanted to play safe.
I suspect the reaction of your bf
must have bowled you over and you realised the error of your ways.
If you need God's will and you are a xtian, you won't be talking about boyfriend - because God doesn't operate
that way. (I don't believe the prayer warrior stuff also about who is your husband - not scriptural). That's why I said
you need not stress.  And we should not bring God into a matter like this just to 'prove' our  'godliness' in such a clearly
fleshly matter or use his name to justify our ways.
So then, just be cool and tell your parents your mind - that is if you are really sure of what you want.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by LadyT(f): 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2007
I wish you could answer WHY you had other names on the list?

Surely you cannot be surprised that he was not chosen if you yourself kept your options open and added other names
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by dkingsgirl(f): 4:36pm On Feb 05, 2007
You know what you want better than anybody else, should you be confused about anything concerning you go to the Supreme and seek his face first.

babes can be confused about issue like this sometimes, it happens

but if you love this your guy for years and you're sure he loves you enough, i think you shouldn't have made the list
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by uzomaeze(m): 4:41pm On Feb 05, 2007
i'll pray for you mine works grin
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ahmedisah(m): 4:44pm On Feb 05, 2007
Hmmmmmmmm, I doubt if ur mother even go to any prayer warriors in d first place. Maybe she wants u to take ur mind off ur guy so dat u can go for d person they 've chosen 4 u.
Maybe she feels u may disagree wit her if she tels u to drop ur guy 4 their choice.
Talk to ur mum how u feel about it "point blank"
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by kellorah: 4:46pm On Feb 05, 2007
and y wud u want to listen to these so-called 'prayer warriors'?  undecided
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by uzomaeze(m): 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2007
careful of prayer warriors toady i was readin sun news paper and i saw a pastor on the wanted list , we saw the Rev. King saga i remember a time when a prayer warrior prayed for a girl and said it was not the guy in question but someone else to cut the whole story short the guy she ended up marrying was not the right guy she wanted and it was under the influence of the pastor so you see theses things happen but i believe you did the right thing telling your BF for me it will make him committed to you ( i guess ) and your relationship with him will be strong not forgetting that you still need to pray and my dear you don't need any gaddamn prayer warrior (oopps) including me ! cheers cheesy
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by 1forall: 5:04pm On Feb 05, 2007
Sorry girl, its a shame you have to be in this situation at all cos the way I see it, even if you make the right decision afterall, you may not be absolutely sure and marriage is one of those things for which u need all the conviction in the world. Forget about those complaining about your list, you hadnt married the guy yet had you? If your BF was asked to do same we dont know if you would had been the only on his list. Or had you guys agreed you were getting married? If you had already decided that you were gonna marry your BF then my advise is:

1.  You cant blame your parents too much since they did not know your boyfriend all along and as far as theyre are concerned theyre doing the best for you cos they want the best for you anyway.

2.  Explain to your parents how unwise you think it is that some people who dont know either you or your BF are deciding your choice of lifelong partner.

3.  If the 'prayer warriors' know the proposed husband, use it to strengthen your argument cos they may be 'seeing' things to favor him.

4.  A pastor once told me he doesnt involve himself in this husband/wife prophecy buisiness cos he considers it delicate, what if the union splits later on?

5.  Compatibility is more important than prophecy my dear, do you even know this guy well enough? Guess not.

Whatever the case, theyve managed to unsettle your erstwhile equilibrium somehow and I dont think its fair on you but you have to manage it as best as possible to achieve your desire with minimal friction on all sides.

6.  Very important, pray, and follow your heart.

Take care and good luck!
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by whiteroses(f): 5:49pm On Feb 05, 2007
1. don't do what prayer warrior says do what you want
2. where did you find three names when you've been dating someone you love for three years
3. if prayer warriors choose for you don't get married at all because you are not ready yet since you refuse to stand up for youself in MARRAIGE that means you can't handle anything else like keeping home and family
4. nigerian parents, when will they quit they are overprotective during your youth now you are about to get married they still have something that is eating them up
5. remember risk is better than regret, take risk and marry who you love what is the worst thing that could happen, you can always run to prayer anytime but you can run to the man you love anytime later
6. i commend you for being nice and easy going to your parent, if i were you i wouldn't make a biggie cos it's only a freak that can pray to names and know which is right hello, ordinary names how will you know what is what i'm even pissed
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by whiteroses(f): 5:49pm On Feb 05, 2007
1. don't do what prayer warrior says do what you want
2. where did you find three names when you've been dating someone you love for three years
3. if prayer warriors choose for you don't get married at all because you are not ready yet since you refuse to stand up for youself in MARRAIGE that means you can't handle anything else like keeping home and family
4. nigerian parents, when will they quit they are overprotective during your youth now you are about to get married they still have something that is eating them up
5. remember risk is better than regret, take risk and marry who you love what is the worst thing that could happen, you can always run to prayer anytime but you can run to the man you love anytime later
6. i commend you for being nice and easy going to your parent, if i were you i wouldn't make a biggie because it's only a freak that can pray to names and know which is right hello, ordinary names how will you know what is what i'm even pissed
[b][/b]
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Radiant(f): 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2007
lol. . .y'all don't even get me started with this prayer people grin
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by cuteass1(f): 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2007
Pray to God and he'll give you the answer directly. What God has joined together, let no man put asunder wink
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by PHBABE(f): 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2007
LadyT:

I wish you could answer WHY you had other names on the list?

Surely you cannot be surprised that he was not chosen if you yourself kept your options open and added other names

As i said previously, just bcuz i have a BF does not mean i dont have other suitors, just like any other girl, abi girls no be so? But you know marriage is not dating or even courtship. I am a true believer that God knows wats best 4 me so i try to listen to him always and make sure i am not blocking any one out. I just think its wiser that way. I dont know that other guy at all. spoke to him last in 2005. all i know is that he is a good xtian, (according to him, but i think its true), goes to the same church as i do, he is a doctor here in the US, he is 32 and he is from the same state with me thats all. I know nutin else.

Well, lets see wat God says. Cuz He is the only one that knows the future.

Thanks to u all once again. you guys are really helping me put things into perspective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What You Learnt In Church Today ? / What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. / Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.