Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me (6995 Views)

Poll: Should she listen to the prayer warriors and dump her boyfriend?

Yes: 20% (16 votes)
No: 80% (64 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye Driving The Husband Pastor Adeboye In A Throwback Photo / Ten Types Of Prayer Warriors!! / Churches Raise Prayer Warriors Against Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by PHBABE(f): 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2007
Thank you all so much

Yes, i have decided not to base my decision on what the prayer warrior said but to pray on my own and see what God says to me. I and my BF have decided to fast and pray together about this. I just feel sad 4 making my BF having to go through all this. I wonder how i would have felt if i was on the other side of this boat.

Nonetheless, It is still very important that we pray about this. I love the relationship i have with my BF. I find myself thanking God for finally blessing me with someone that really cares about me and does anything for me. Its like a dream come true 4 me to be with my guy.

But i hear so much about marriage that I really don't want to make a mistake. You hear so many stories it just keeps u on your toes that you really don't wanna make a mistake. Basically, I am scared of that institution 4 real undecided

That is why we have decided to pray and fast about it and gush my BF is so supportive, interested, willing, patient about this issue. He is priceless. I don't want to lose him at all.

God dey!

just keep the advice coming plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by adconline(m): 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2007
pls becareful with those prayer warriors. My brother invited them to our house and he finally told me that they charged him about N85,000 and wanted me to reimburse part of the money.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by lefac(m): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2007
The truth is that u really dont think that ur BF is good enough to be ur husby cos there is absolutely no reason for u including other people names and go and tell him. Be truthful to urself and ask urself if u love ur BF enough to marry him if not better move on and stop wasting his time.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2007
honestly, you dont love your boyfriend at all! If you did this issue should not even come up for discussion at all. It's like you "love" the relationship you have with your BF, you dont want to let go because u're not sure you will meet someone else who will sacrifice and be as patient as he has been with your senseless gerrymandering. On the other hand you are covetously eyeing the other doctor based simply on the fact that you dont want to pass on the chance of living a good life with plenty of money.

Sit yourself down first, it is not all about prayer and fasting. sometimes the answer is right there under our noses but out of greed and impatience we fail to see it. Thoe who are truly led by the spirit of God have a focus, they are not unecessarily bothered by suspicious "prayer warriors".
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by enolase(m): 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2007
Let me tell you my personal story. I dated my present wife for four years. In one of those years, I lost my job and hit real crisis financially. By then she had a good paying job, and she stood by me through my period of trials, even when heavily wadded suitors were coming.

Just when it was time for us to get married, the "COMMITTEE OF CONCERNED EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBERS" (who never contributed to my education or even helped me in my time of need) appeared on the scene, and tried to convince my parents to refuse her as a daughter-in-law. Reason? Her parents are divorced. My mum was almost taken in by their argument, but my dad supported me all the way, and eventually my wishes were respected. Today, my wife and I are happily married, and I tell you she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

My advice? You should be careful of these so-called prayer warriors, especially when it comes to the issue of choosing a life partner. God Himself does not impose life partners on people. The first and only time he did; Adam the recipient blamed him for it after eating the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. After that, it became a matter of choice and freewill.

I think your mum deserves some education in such matters, if in the year 2007, people still resort to such methods and cause their children so much pain.

STICK TO YOUR CHOICE VEHEMENTLY! YOUR MUM AND DEFINITELY NO "PRAYER WARRIORS" CAN MAKE YOUR CHOICE FOR YOU. IT'S YOUR LIFE, AND YOUR HAPPINESS IS AT STAKE.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by funweez(f): 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2007
But i hear so much about marriage that I really don't want to make a mistake. You hear so many stories it just keeps u on your toes that you really don't want to make a mistake. Basically, I am scared of that institution 4 real

That is why we have decided to pray and fast about it and gush my BF is so supportive, interested, willing, patient about this issue. He is priceless. I don't want to lose him at all.
[quote][/quote]

PHbabe i honestly feel you cos i can relate wit ur situation.Its so hard atimes wit relationship stuff. Parents can be so difficult atimes and the fear of ur folks sayin" Didnt we warn you" in future is real 4me.

But i guess the way to go is to keep prayin and communicatin together.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by PHBABE(f): 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2007
Posted by: davidylan
Insert Quote
honestly, you don't love your boyfriend at all! If you did this issue should not even come up for discussion at all. It's like you "love" the relationship you have with your BF, you don't want to let go because u're not sure you will meet someone else who will sacrifice and be as patient as he has been with your senseless gerrymandering. On the other hand you are covetously eyeing the other doctor based simply on the fact that you don't want to pass on the chance of living a good life with plenty of money.

Sit yourself down first, it is not all about prayer and fasting. sometimes the answer is right there under our noses but out of greed and impatience we fail to see it. Thoe who are truly led by the spirit of God have a focus, they are not unecessarily bothered by suspicious "prayer warriors".

I beg to differ. I love my boy friend and He would tell you the same. He knows i love him. I am just a very meticulous person and can be indecisive or easily confused at times. But i think with time i will get it.

thanks
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Bel(f): 8:24pm On Feb 06, 2007
I dare not say prayers don`t work.I dare not.Indeed they do.But, but be careful!Watch out!"Many will come in my name"
You have to first of all make a difference between the REAL and the FAKE.When you make that difference,you can then make your decision.
Good luck!
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Radiant(f): 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2007
Bel:

You have to first of all make a difference between the REAL and the FAKE.When you make that difference,you can then make your decision.

How will she know which is fake and which is real?
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by jgirl3: 12:30am On Feb 07, 2007
@ radiant, that is why she has to pray on her own.

The fact that she is taking it serious is not a proof that she doesn't love her boyfriend. It's a proof that she is trying to do right by God. Of course, for her to disagree with them and pray on her own shows that she is really in love with him and she is willing to do anything for him.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by PHBABE(f): 12:52am On Feb 07, 2007
thanks jgirl, finally somebody that understands. smiley me.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by hope(f): 1:55am On Feb 07, 2007
baby girl you have made a mistakes of the list but put that aside and follow your heart and tell your parent that you are not ready to marry any other man and if they won't allowed u marry him.keep to ur self for 6 months no mother no family, they will come looking for u.
pls at this period always get intouch with him and respect him the more.leave the nephew family husband alone cos he want to reap where he didnt sow.

shy ur eyes well well
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by JustGood(m): 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2007
you think it's wiser to keep your options open? shocked

God help the guys wey dey date una sef.

I hope say you don hear God voice. You think say God go carry microphone come meet you for your bedroom dey announce your husband?
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Busta(f): 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2007
one good lesson i learnt in life is that

this church people are the worst in life. . worse than u and me and make the biggest pretenders of all time.

how did they know? they saw vision? and did they know the vision was from God?

humphhhhh!!
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by niyooo(m): 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2007
@ Busta,

God spoke to them same way he speaks to OBJ.  grin grin grin wink
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by kellybaba(m): 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2007
hel
PHBABE:

Thank you all so much

Yes, i have decided not to base my decision on what the prayer warrior said but to pray on my own and see what God says to me. I and my BF have decided to fast and pray together about this. I just feel sad 4 making my BF having to go through all this. I wonder how i would have felt if i was on the other side of this boat.

Nonetheless, It is still very important that we pray about this. I love the relationship i have with my BF. I find myself thanking God for finally blessing me with someone that really cares about me and does anything for me. Its like a dream come true 4 me to be with my guy.

But i hear so much about marriage that I really don't want to make a mistake. You hear so many stories it just keeps u on your toes that you really don't want to make a mistake. Basically, I am scared of that institution 4 real undecided

God dey!

just keep the advice coming plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks
oo

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Please Listen n Listen Gooooooooood !

Go on ur knees and PRAY ! i almost married the WRONG person based on 'Advice from PRAYER WARRIORS' until i prayed and God WARNED me not to marry her ! God is very REAL !
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by sage(m): 6:59am On Feb 08, 2007
All i can say to this thread is
" Prayer Warriors" .

Wonders shall never end
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by deejay1(m): 10:47am On Feb 08, 2007
prayer worriors kooo psychic ni na only money dem pple want ooo y not let u choose who u want and make them dey pray 4 u so that u can have a nice relationship with who ever u pick. prayer worriorssss shocked embarassed
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Michele: 11:28am On Feb 08, 2007
I'm sorry but if u truly love this guy the way u say u do, your list should only have included one name, HIS!!!
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by yongbabe(f): 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2007
1ST. i dont belive in prayer woriors. they r fake!!!!! ur mom wants 2 choose ur husband 4 u simple.
i would cling 2 ma man if i was u. i mean u have been datin 4 3 yrs.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by yongbabe(f): 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2007
1ST. i dont belive in prayer woriors. they r fake!!!!! ur mom wants 2 choose ur husband 4 u simple.
i would cling 2 ma man if i was u. i mean u have been datin 4 3 yrs.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ucantseeme: 3:22pm On Feb 08, 2007
This was just an excuse to marry the guy that had met your parents back home.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by katherinae(f): 10:22pm On Feb 08, 2007
wow phbabe

u are wise beyond ur years girl. look u are doing the right thing absolutely, and i think u made the right choice to tell ur boyfriend, i mean u were the one that said thta u dont keep anything from him, well girl what happened was a very very important thing and im glad u let him know. and guess what look at how he acted, he was upset but knows when he has a good woman such as urslef, and he did the right thing. instead of getting an ego and blaming u instead he is willin to pray for ur relationship, and now he knows how important u mean to him. as of th eother guy, well he might look like a christian but it doesnt mean that he is a good christian. i had a neighbor who also had a cd out, not only did he cheat on his wife but he divorced her. cry so ph babe biko do not let anyone shadow ur thoughts with this matter, this is truly between u and ur GOd. now i will tell u to listen to ur parents because no matter what they love u dearly. open ur ears nad listen to them, reason with them, but remember, there will come a time when u will not be able to run to them for help, so in finality the decisino is still urs. in no way should u disrespect them, infact humor them, and trust me i understand where u are coming from, i am a year younger than u, and i know when parents dont approve of who u are dating. soo PHbabe good luck girl ok, and keep us posted please, we all hope things work out for u no matter what, and just remember, who ever u choose, u should never ever turn around and blame someone else for making u pick that individual.

My dad alwasy says that " he dislikes explaining failure so he always strives to succeed" i htink u should ponder on his words. dont explain ur self or blame others years from now, so make a smart decision today.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by PHBABE(f): 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2007
@katherinae
Thank u so much 4 your kind words. after reading your reply, i just felt like u calmed down and wrote from your hearrt like u really cared about my situation. I am glad there is someone that understands my actions and my predicament. It felt like u were my sister from another mother or sth  smiley.
u are right, i was happy the way my guy responded. We have rededicated ourselves to God because we know that if we put HIM first he would bless us.

I will defintely keep u guys posted as new things come up.

I wish u the best in your relationship too. i hope everything goes well

thanks again  smiley!

PS

and ur dads quote: GENIUS. i will hold on to that one 4 life!
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by patchid(m): 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2007
I do not want to judge here but am surprised that u had 3 names on your list. does that mean u have been seeing the 3 guys at the same time or the other 2 guys are there as reserves?

u made the mistake by writing 3 names because i really do not understand y u hv been dating a guy for 3yrs and now u gave ur parents 3names, something is not right here.

the ball is in ur court
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Loads: 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2007
I think your mum is playing a fast one stick to the love of your life.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by cutieexx(f): 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2007
@ PHBABE,
girl, having read your story and the way u drool over when u start talking about your relationship wit your boo, how supportive, loving, priceless, everything and how much you love each other, you seem to have found your soul mate already cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
true talk!!!!!!!!!
hold onto him tight and pray, yes, cheesy cheesy let it be that you heard it from God, your heavenly father wink, Baba himself grin tell you say he doesn't want your boy for u as a husband first of all before we go decide wetin dey shele.

all is well O.K smiley
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by tenik: 9:02am On Feb 11, 2007
well, u caused the confusion yourself, in the first place u should not have given your mum 3 names, let me give u my advice, to make things right, just scare your mom about the chosen guy, say nasty things about him, like he,s a divorsee or mentally disabled. i think by then your mum,s prayer warriors would see it the other way round and choose your boyfriend of 3yrs 2 b your husband, and dont try to do that again in case it all does not work, its simply indecision dat caused you to do it, choose your man yourself and then let them accept him for you. Wish you luck!
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:16pm On Feb 11, 2007
patchid:

I do not want to judge here but am surprised that u had 3 names on your list. does that mean u have been seeing the 3 guys at the same time or the other 2 guys are there as reserves?

u made the mistake by writing 3 names because i really do not understand y u hv been dating a guy for 3yrs and now u gave your parents 3names, something is not right here.

the ball is in your court

read the damn thread again
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by 1forall: 11:41pm On Feb 11, 2007
Yeah wonder why nearly everyones still hammering on the 3-name-list matter when the babe's repeatedly explained herself clearly enough, ahn ahn!
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:41pm On Feb 11, 2007
cos they're freaking idiots.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by 1forall: 11:46pm On Feb 11, 2007
Maybe they are but it didnt need to be posted embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice / How Can I Read The Bible Well? / What You Learnt In Church Today ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.