Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Causes And Types Of Headaches - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Causes And Types Of Headaches (18908 Views)

4 Types Of Headaches And How To Get Rid Of Them / Different Types Of People When They Fall Sick (images) / Who On The Planet Has Not Experienced The Glitches Of Headaches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Causes And Types Of Headaches by magazineguy(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
Headaches can be more complicated than most people envisage. There are different kinds of headaches with their own characteristics, symptoms and they happen for unmatched reasons. So before embarking on any treatment for headache, it is important to know what caused it. Usually, the doctor would recommend a drug or not necessarily, provide a form of advice that will stop further occurrences.

According to WebMD, there are close to 150 types of headache. Not to bore you or lose track, the goal is to pass the knowledge about the common ones.

Tension headaches

It is also known as stress headache or chronic daily headache. They are the most common type of headache among adults and teens. They bring mild pain and disappear over time.

Migraines

This type is often characterized by pounding and throbbing pain. They can last for hours to days depending on the victim. They may happen one to four times per month (Averagely 2 days). Sufferers are sensitive to light, noise or smells; nausea, loss of appetite or stomach pain. Children suffering from migraine are known to have blurry vision, pale appearance and usually feel dizzy; often they may have fever.

Mixed headache syndrome

It is also called transformed migraines. It is a mix of migraines and tension headaches. Adults and children are affected.

Cluster headaches

This type is intense and feels like a piercing or burning feeling behind the eyes. This one is terrible as people affected cannot sit still or walk during an attack.

Sinus headaches

It is accompanied with constant aches in cheekbones, forehead and nasal bridge. It happens when cavities in the head called sinuses get inflamed. It is characterized by running nose, fullness in the ears and swelling in the face.

Hormone headaches

This type is common in women as changes in hormone levels during periods, pregnancy and menopause results in headaches. Consumption of some birth control pills also triggers headache in some women.

Causes Of Headaches

Illness – infection, fever and cold

Stress – emotional stress, depression, skipping meals, changes in sleep pattern, eyestrain

Environment – Smoke and noise

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/causes-types-headaches/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hunger makes me have headaches.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by hemartins(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
kennygee:
Do you have headache now cos you look so damn hungry.

3 Likes

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by NwaAmaikpe: 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
shocked

What of conji undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Papiikush: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
kennygee:

Buhari makes me have headaches.

Whenever I Remember our president is ruling from another country my head just do Gbim grin

2 Likes

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by lordm(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
magazineguy:
Headaches can be more complicated than most people envisage. There are different kinds of headaches with their own characteristics, symptoms and they happen for unmatched reasons. So before embarking on any treatment for headache, it is important to know what caused it. Usually, the doctor would recommend a drug or not necessarily, provide a form of advice that will stop further occurrences.

According to WebMD, there are close to 150 types of headache. Not to bore you or lose track, the goal is to pass the knowledge about the common ones.

Tension headaches

It is also known as stress headache or chronic daily headache. They are the most common type of headache among adults and teens. They bring mild pain and disappear over time.

Migraines

This type is often characterized by pounding and throbbing pain. They can last for hours to days depending on the victim. They may happen one to four times per month (Averagely 2 days). Sufferers are sensitive to light, noise or smells; nausea, loss of appetite or stomach pain. Children suffering from migraine are known to have blurry vision, pale appearance and usually feel dizzy; often they may have fever.

Mixed headache syndrome

It is also called transformed migraines. It is a mix of migraines and tension headaches. Adults and children are affected.

Cluster headaches

This type is intense and feels like a piercing or burning feeling behind the eyes. This one is terrible as people affected cannot sit still or walk during an attack.

Sinus headaches

It is accompanied with constant aches in cheekbones, forehead and nasal bridge. It happens when cavities in the head called sinuses get inflamed. It is characterized by running nose, fullness in the ears and swelling in the face.

Hormone headaches

This type is common in women as changes in hormone levels during periods, pregnancy and menopause results in headaches. Consumption of some birth control pills also triggers headache in some women.

Causes Of Headaches

Illness – infection, fever and cold

Stress – emotional stress, depression, skipping meals, changes in sleep pattern, eyestrain

Environment – Smoke and noise

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/causes-types-headaches/

cc
lalastiala, dominique, mynd44
. Women gives me headaches

1 Like

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
I think my headaches comes from always pressing my phone.

1 Like

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by hemartins(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
kennygee:
Pulling your legs madam
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by GogetterMD(m): 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
G

1 Like

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by HolyCraig: 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
What of the headache from the village people?

Cause: When the witches and wizards from your village start fanning themselves with your photo.

1 Like

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
hemartins:

Do you have headache now cos you look so damn hungry

You can see me now?

Are you a monitoring spirit?

2 Likes

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by PatoMilano: 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
Beautiful piece.
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
This list is incomplete.
Head injury, meningitis and stroke are other causes laymen should know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by kinkybunny(f): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Tnx for the info.
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
I have migraine headaches and caffeine helps get rid of it when it comes.
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
kennygee:

Me too
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Sleyanya1(m): 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
Educative
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
All these grammar na for only headache?
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by akoredebadru(m): 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
when some one said opposite of transparent is transchildren it will cause erious headache

1 Like

Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by whitebeard(m): 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
kennygee:
hemartins:

Do you have headache now cos you look so damn hungry.
hope all is well, this is health section
lordm:
. Women gives me headaches
u are so on point...!!
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Tapout(m): 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
op the first time I took alcohol, I had headache for several hours... What kind do u call that??
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by CaraJewel(f): 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
Pressing phone too much..4 me
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
Papiikush:

Buhari makes me have headaches.

Whenever I Remember our president is ruling from another country my head just do Gbim grin

Whether home or abroad... It doesnt make a difference...
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Rick9(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
Noted
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by holluphemydavid(m): 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
kennygee:
Foodie
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
holluphemydavid:

Foodie

Leave me like that.
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Ginaz(f): 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
I rarely have headache at all, as a matter of fact I can't remember last I had one.
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Papiikush: 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
Shezhawt:

Whether home or abroad... It doesnt make a difference...
We made a big mistake in Nigeria cry
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by VickyRotex(f): 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
What of the one that causes ache at the back of your head due to bad lens prescription? Or when you dont use your lens for a long time?

Too much of coffee, not sleeping for days can also cause Headache. And I think that should be a cluster headache.
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by holluphemydavid(m): 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
kennygee:

Leave me like that.
tongue
kennygee:

Leave me like that.
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by omobabalawo: 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
Re: Causes And Types Of Headaches by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
Papiikush:

We made a big mistake in Nigeria cry

We? grin I didnt vote him in ...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Worst Weight Loss Remedy - Urine Therapy / Ekiti To Reopen Schools, Churches & Mosques As Governor Fayemi Gives Conditions / Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.