Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,873 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? (15884 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? / These Are The Dirtiest And The Most Germ-riddled Parts Of Your Car-By Motorpoint / Ever Mistaken Someone Else's Car To Be Yours??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by sukkot: 10:31am On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I would have to respect you for what you posted or calling me a liar to bother me. And guess what, I don't cheesy

You're inconsequential like I said.
I am supposed to be. I am just a text in cyberspace. wink
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by charles009(m): 10:32am On Jul 04, 2017
Sagay212:
There is no way you won't recognise your car. There will always be that one thing that will make you know this is not your car. maybe a slight scratch. and the most important thing is you know where you parked your car. Your car won't drive itself and change position. From the story that generated this topic, the guy parked the car some distance away, went into a market, bought whatever he bought, came out and entered a car that was close by because it looked like his. when no be crase dey worry you. At least you should walk down to wherever you parked and if you dont see your car you can come back and check. This is lagos where people are not smiling. You must use your brain.

Lol, you never owned a car before. Be quiet

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by dokiOloye(m): 10:37am On Jul 04, 2017
sukkot:
brah you must think people on nairaland are from yaba left. did you not just say the mechanic was about to lift the engine out of this your dead vehicle ? so you are telling me a mechanic walked up to a car dealer and showed him your dead car with the engine removed, and the car dealer accepted a cheque from the owner of a dead car and a mechanic and let you ride off into the sunset with his car ? you ought to be flogged with koboko or horsewhip for this gargantuan lie. mayne this lie weak me undecided
looks like u have issues wt comprehension too.
If ur faculties are all correct u will have reasoned that d owners of a car mart and workshop opposite each other will have known themselves well.
D mechanic workshop is a big time workshop something like gazuzz and co set-up or more,not an under d tree setting.
D car mart is opposite d workshop and both owners know each other and of course my cousin was an old customer of d owner of d mechanic workshop who sometimes comes down to Abakaliki to effect repairs for my cousin at his home.
I will not dignify ur doubting Thomas self wt another reply.
U probably lie a lot,that's why U believe everybody lies on trivial things.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 04, 2017
AnanseK:
TRUE STORY

In a big government ministry where I was working in Nigeria,one afternoon a member of staff raised alarm at the car park, that his car has been stolen. So many of us came out of their offices curious and wondering about it all. In a few minutes a big crowd had gathered and the gateman believed that they saw the car being driven out of the ministry.

While the police were being contacted and the car owner was being consoled, he saw and we all saw the car heading for the car park. The man driving the car was also curious about the crowd and wondering what was happening. The man returning the so called stolen car was also a member of staff: a very busy member of staff who about an hour before had realized that his children would be stranded in school and had to rush for the school run. He rushed out to his car at the car park, brought out his keys and opened this Peugeot 504 which looked exactly like his car parked in the next row. He used the same ignition key and drove to the school. Picked the children , dropped them at home and returned to the office oblivious of the fact that he was driving another persons car. Even when he saw the crowd in the car park he never for one minute thought they had anything to do with him until they all charged towards the car.

He was a well known hardworking staff and sure his look alike car was there in the next row and keys opened both cars. I was there.

That must be one very insensitive man. Yes u can mistakingly enter another man's car, yes u can mistakingly start it. But when u drive it out up to the point of taking it to pick ur kids in school, back home and back to office and u still don't realize ur not driving ur car, then u don't deserve to be driving at all. Even if I'm blindfolded I would know if the car I'm riving is mine or not.
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by sukkot: 10:43am On Jul 04, 2017
dokiOloye:
looks like u have issues wt comprehension too.
If ur faculties are all correct u will have reasoned that d owners of a car mart and workshop opposite each other will have known themselves well.
D mechanic workshop is a big time workshop something like gazuzz and co set-up or more,not an under d tree setting.
D car mart is opposite d workshop and both owners know each other and of course my cousin was an old customer of d owner of d mechanic workshop who sometimes comes down to Abakaliki to effect repairs for my cousin at his home.
I will not dignify ur doubting Thomas self wt another reply.
U probably lie a lot,that's why U believe everybody lies on trivial things.
am saying tho, this is aba. its not exactly filled with saints and angels you know ? its filled with some of the most desperate people in the country. so you expecting us to believe that a car dealer let you ride off with his car after signing your name on a useless piece of bank paper is like expecting me to believe that donald trump is from kaduna state. you really must think people on NL are cretins right ?
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by DaimlerBen(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2017
sukkot:
well i dont call that owning it. if you get a car to resell it, thats not owning. maybe he should have said I have SOLD over 100 cars. then we can let him slide on that technicality
Please sir, how do you own a car?
Was it not registered in his name?
Did he not show it off as his, even if it was for a day?
If a VIN report is pulled, won't he appear as a previous owner?
Must you will your car to your children before you know you have owned it?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Why, yes I am.

PS: over 100 wink
make I bring 30k come collect 1 car na

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by dokiOloye(m): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2017
sukkot:
am saying tho, this is aba. its not exactly filled with saints and angels you know ? its filled with some of the most desperate people in the country. so you expecting us to believe that a car dealer let you ride off with his car after signing your name on a useless piece of bank paper is like expecting me to believe that donald trump is from kaduna state. you really must think people on NL are cretins right ?
troll,jazz away.
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by EazyMoh(m): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I mean in Nigeria of all places? shocked

No one is lynching my fat ass grin
Well it happened to me once, though it was a bike. My classmate lent me his bike when I got to the parking lot there were like 3 exactly the same type of bike.
I decided to try out the key on each of them to find out which one is his because he was in a lecture.
The first one I tried opened! So I just rode it away.
After I returned and parked it, returned the key to him that's when we came back to the parking lot and I was amazed to see him start a different bike.
Men I was lucky that day, could have been lynched!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 04, 2017
if you work in corporate nigeria, you will be used to car parks being full of a particular brand /model of car

the toyota corolla is a very popular model
the honda crv used to b very popular, though it has given way to ford edge

in my company car park there are several black toyota corollas, blue hyundai elantras, and different colours of ford edges

if they did not feature electronic locks, it would be very easy to enter teh wrong car by accident

seating, mirror etal can easily be explained away by the over enthusiastic guy washing the cars. in a lot of crowded car parks in lagos, you even have to leave your keys

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by swegiedon(m): 11:43am On Jul 04, 2017
sukkot:
thats not the problem. i call bullshytt for two reasons

1- nigerians in america are very serious minded. nigerians dont go to america to be car enthausiasts. unless OP was born in america and has never ever visited naija which i doubt cuz any nigerian who has never been in nigeria will not come to NL. nigerians in america who have been to naija save their money to buy house in naija or to buy house in america. they dont waste money changing car like pata

2- if you change cars that often it shows you are unstable and the insurance companies will kill you when it comes to time to pay your monthly insurance.

all in all ? a serious minded person cannot own 100 cars in america. this is what illiterate rednecks in the south do. its only illiterate low class white rednecks that buy a bunch of cheap cars. you dont even see serious minded whites doing this type of thing.

unless Egunmogaji is trying to tell us that he is a negro redneck lmao
this gat me laughing....like em a negro redneck??seriously??
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by ikenga007: 11:56am On Jul 04, 2017
myners007:
This is the dumbest question i have heard since this year. Why would you open someone else's car if you are not a thief or car snatcher?
why don't you at least read the topic digest it possibly check other comments before you type......mitchewwww

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Originalsly: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
The early 1990's Honda s are notorious for that..... key works on the door and ignition. My brother got into another guy's car...started it ... before realising some things are not right. With the guy that was almost lynched...same thing... only when he did get into the car did he realize it wasn't his. The wife that drove home the wrong car.... difference with men and women.... what men will notice..women won't. .. what women will notice.. men won't...and I'm almost sure she nevery noticed until she open the boot and saw strange stuff instead of the shoes and stuff she bought!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Sagay212: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
charles009:

Lol, you never owned a car before. Be quiet

it's only a fool who has never owned a car that will mistake someone else's car for his. and that is what you are. Your car nor get remote abi na kabukabu you dey drive wey you go open another person car. I hope you get caught and dealt with when you make that senseless mistake.
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by infomegaly(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
Yes , it happened to me once , i realized the immistake when the key was not opening the vehicle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by lepasharon(f): 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Like I said, some of us take our hobbies seriously.

If you have to be 90 years old to have used 100 cars then I suggest you have a rethink about your direction.

So not owning over a 100 cars means someone is poor? Who owns over a 100 cars anyway? undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by lepasharon(f): 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
sukkot:
the poverty mindset is in you trying to convince us that you have owned over 100 cars when we all know its a lie lol. cheesy

Lol you saw that too
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by sukkot: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
lepasharon:

Lol you saw that too
yeye dey smell lolol
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by sukkot: 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
swegiedon:

this gat me laughing....like em a negro redneck??seriously??
lmao that nigga is one of em southern country bumpkins with confederate flags. he still my nigga tho grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by stabilizer: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:
There's an ongoing debacle that I'm currently in with another userid on here.

He stated that his brother not only opened the wrong but similar car but was actually trying to start the ignition before being accosted by the owner.

Now, I've owned quite a number of cars, well over 100, and have rented many and I have never ever tried to open the door of another car, let alone get inside that car and try to start it.

Personally, my cars are customized somewhat that they always stand out, but by the time I get inside the car I would have known. Smell, seat adjustment, placement of items, etc

So, have you done this before and if so what were the parameters to cause you to violate another man's ride in such a uncouth manner grin

It has happened to me once when I was using camry pencil, I opened the car with my key but thank God I was lucky enough to see a camouflage cap on the dashboard and a lady's bag on the passenger seat which made me realize I'm close to fatal beaten if not death. Mehn it was indeed a day I would never forget in my life. The car was parked immediately behind my car after Ive left to get food at a lounge in ib. It can happen to anybody anyway especially when you are under sever stress..
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
Jiang:
Thats impossible, unless ofcourse you are a car thief cheesy
very possible. my dad has done it too once after church. we got to where he parked and he used his own key to open the car. getting in, the steering was locked with a steering lock. just then, the owner came and said: who are you people? lol... popcie explained and right there, one car after was my dads car. same wheels,same color dented in almost same place. lol... we all laughed bit off...
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
lantres000:

Bros it has happened to me before when i was using a red Tinny light camry. Came out of a Bar and Was trying to open a similar red camry. My eyes went to the dash board and i saw an Army belt. Exactly when i realised it wasnt my car the army man came and was about to raise alarm and he don even hold my shirt before i quickly pointed to my car and he confirmed it was my car and we both laughed over it. It happens

Bar huh?, well that explains alot grin

INDUSTRIALFAN but even if the outside is thesame, the moment you enter the car & sit down the smell, seat adjustment will all be different, like lantres said d moment he entered he figured the car wasn't his.
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

So her car keys worked on this car for both the door and ignition tumblers?

Seat adjustment, steering wheel adjustment, driving feel, brake pedal feel...oh wait you did say housewife cheesy

Egun "male chauvinist pig" Mogaji
well, my dad's car keys opens our neighbor's car but doesn't start it, but their own car key opens and starts my dad's own. as for car seat and break feel, we all know women don't take note of those things. they just enter, start and move.
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by stabilizer: 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
Sagay212:

it's only a fool who has never owned a car that will mistake someone else's car for his. and that is what you are. Your car nor get remote abi na kabukabu you dey drive wey you go open another person car. I hope you get caught and dealt with when you make that senseless mistake.

Happy moments grin
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
Jiang:

Bar huh?, well that explains alot grin

INDUSTRIALFAN but even if the outside is thesame, the moment you enter the car & sit down the smell, seat adjustment will all be different, like lantres said d moment he entered he figured the car wasn't his.
well some people could be absent minded especially when they re so sure its theirs when it comes to smell. when it happened to my dad, the person whose car he opened was practically same build with my dad so the sitting adjustment might have been dsame. imagine it's on a day when you have a flue n can't really smell anything cos ur nose is blocked... how do you smell anything? grin its all just those 1in 20 cases bro... it happens more than we know...

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
Nah.... I don't do common cars!
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by lumideed(m): 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
A friend went to a party with Toyota corolla 2000 model and he discovered that his car was missing at the end of the party. He went to report at the station that his car was missing, he went with Police to the venue of the party and the car has been returned. That was when he was told by the person that drove it away that it was driven to the man's house before he realised that it was the wrong look alike of his car.
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by CuteEmma(f): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
Kjnwancaro:

I think it is very possible When the mind is preoccupied with something entirely different and person is not really conscious of the surrounds. At that time he/she is not actually looking but is moving with the general idea that they're supposed to get into a midsize car. They have the trim and the color at the back of their mind. If they're unlucky the lock will open. What I do not understand is how they still do not realize they're in the wrong car after getting in.
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2017
grin
lepasharon:

Lol you saw that too

Bad belle ppl
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by AnanseK(m): 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
greenhulk:

That must be one very insensitive man. Yes u can mistakingly enter another man's car, yes u can mistakingly start it. But when u drive it out up to the point of taking it to pick ur kids in school, back home and back to office and u still don't realize ur not driving ur car, then u don't deserve to be driving at all. Even if I'm blindfolded I would know if the car I'm riving is mine or not.

I can assure you that it did happen and the person is not my friend but I know him as he became a sort of celebrity in the ministry after this.
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by temmym4(m): 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I've personally owned over 100 vehicles. Registered in my name, stored in my house and insured in my name wink

No opportunity for sliding here at all. None. No technicality allowed either. None.

grin

The way some people lie is enough for God to strike the earth with thunder.
God help us
Re: Have You Ever Opened Someone Else's Car By Mistake? by Xaranice(f): 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2017
It happeneds to our driver when i was in sec school,he was about to take us to school dat morning when he mistakenly open our neighbours car which was also an honder model that was parked next to ours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving / Watch A Robot's Attempt To Beat 7 Time MotoGP Champion's Lap Time Record / BMW And Shell Unveils Future Hydrogen Refueling Station (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.