Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? (1072 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Think The Road In Front Of Their House Belongs To Them? / Rangerovers Are Awesome Cars, Why Do Nigerians Feel Different. / To Be Shot With An AK-47 While Sitting In An Armored Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by VaselineCrew: 11:36am On May 21, 2020
There is this negative trend in Nigeria were strangers sit on peoples cars that are parked on the road.

Regardless of the cost of the vehicle, this is a bad habit that needs to stop. It makes no sense to just sit on a strangers vehicle like it belongs to you. However, this seems a lot worse when the vehicle is an expensive vehicle.

Just last night, I was sitting in my car with an unoccupied Benz parked in front of me. Some young guy just came and sat on it. I really thought nothing of it, thinking it was his own vehicle, that was until he moved over and started resting on another vehicle.

I had to drive over to him and ask “is that Benz your car?”, to which he responded, “no”. Incredible!!!

You should have seen the way he was sitting down on the Benz, almost lying down as if it was his car; a fresh shiny Benz ooooo

Sigh, I was quite livid to say the least, even if it wasn’t my vehicle as well. What gives you the right to disrespect someone else’s property that way.

This happens too often here in Nigeria and we need to caution those we find pulling such a stunt.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by Goldencheese(m): 11:39am On May 21, 2020
Very true.
How about those that must hit your car when they are passing as if the car had or has offended them or those that must hit a parked car with their purse, bag containing grocery items, kegs or whatever they are carrying.

It's bizarre really.

VaselineCrew:
There is this negative trend in Nigeria were strangers sit on peoples cars that are parked on the road.

Regardless of the cost of the vehicle, this is a bad habit that needs to stop. It makes no sense to just sit on a strangers vehicle like it belongs to you. However, this seems a lot worse when the vehicle is an expensive vehicle.

Just last night, I was sitting in my car with an unoccupied Benz parked in front of me. Some young guy just came and sat on it. I really thought nothing of it, thinking it was his own vehicle, that was until he moved over and started resting on another vehicle.

I had to drive over to him and ask “is that Benz your car?”, to which he responded “no”. Incredible!!!

You should have seen the way he was sitting down on the Benz, almost lying down as if it was his car; a fresh shiny Benz ooooo

Sigh, I was quite livid to say the least, even if it wasn’t my vehicle as well. What give you the right to disrespect someone else’s property that way.

This happens too often here in Nigeria and we need to caution those we find pulling such a stunt.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by alphajerus(m): 11:40am On May 21, 2020
Okay its wrong...
But what of if the car is spoilt and has been parked for a long time?
Its intresting siting on those kind of vehicles chatting or arguing about football.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by viccipedia: 11:50am On May 21, 2020
All of you should move out of Nigeria Abeg make we hear word!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by VaselineCrew: 11:55am On May 21, 2020
Goldencheese:
Very true.
How about those that must hit your car when they are passing as if the car had offended them or those that must hit a parked car with their purse, bag containing grocery items, kegs or whatever they are carrying.

It's bizarre really.

True!

When they now notice you’re in your car, they would say sorry. Problem is most of the time, you won’t be in your vehicle to notice all the events happening with your car.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by Adekunle550: 11:56am On May 21, 2020
Only if your car is fine. So appreciate them tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by Adekunle550: 12:00pm On May 21, 2020
viccipedia:
All of you should move out of Nigeria Abeg make we hear word!
It happens everywhere, not only in 9ja... It’s like OP just bought a new car
Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by Goldencheese(m): 12:01pm On May 21, 2020
VaselineCrew:

True!

When they now notice you’re in your car, they would say sorry. Problem is most of the time, you won’t be in your vehicle to notice all the events happening with your car.

My brother, that was how they bashed my car that I'd parked inside our estate, whether it was done in my compound, I don't know till date. Before then I used to boast that I am a clean driver because my car was clean. And it happened close to the beginning of the lockdown. I no dey boast again o.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by viccipedia: 12:09pm On May 21, 2020
Adekunle550:
It happens everywhere, not only in 9ja... It’s like OP just bought a new car
Thats why I said they should pack out, they will be humbled by reality.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by CarGuideNGR: 12:13pm On May 21, 2020
smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by VaselineCrew: 12:48pm On May 21, 2020
Goldencheese:

My brother, that was how they bashed my car that I'd parked inside our estate, whether it was done in my compound, I don't know till date. Before then I used to boast that I am a clean driver because my car was clean. And it happened close to the beginning of the lockdown. I no dey boast again o.

Lol, just take heart bro!

don’t let it distract you from mainitaing your clean driving abeg.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by Goldencheese(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2020
grin grin grin
Thanks a lot
VaselineCrew:

Lol, just take heart bro!

don’t let it distract you from mainitaing your clean driving abeg.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel Comfortable Sitting On Someone Else’s Car? by NaijadrivaCars: 5:39pm On May 22, 2020
It is like being comfortable using VASELINE to satisfy instead of natural tongue

One is devoid of responsibility, freebie, etc while the other is otherwise.

It is like asking why is it that when two drivers are quarelling as a result of wrong driving or accident, it is the passengers that 'carry the matter for head like gala".

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Toyota Corolla 03 Tokunbo GEAR BOX. / How To Inspect A Car Like A Pro Tech Before Buying, Without Mechanic / Want To Bake My Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.