Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House (26706 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? / When She Said She Want A Guy With A House And A Car. And He's A Civil Engineer. / Will You Buy A House With A Maid's Room? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2017
businessman7:
Good day Nl members I'm a single guy a student of Lagos state polythecnic and I earn a salary of #60,000 monthly and I want to put up something to start living in with my parent I'm fed up of paying for rent please I need advise on what to do and how to go about it thanks y'll

To build a 3 bedroom bungalow costs 4 - 5 million on average so do it math.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by amakadihot87(f): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2017
MrMcJay:
OP, the truth is bitter, but I'll tell you as it is.

You better get your priorities right and stop planning a life of hardship and inconvenience ahead. You earn 60K/Month and you want to build a house in Lagos? Is it dog cage you want to build? Do you even know how much a good chicken cage costs in Lagos?
U r right
You want to go and build one concrete hut inside one bush where you'll board 100 Naira bike to greet your neighbors good morning? Please, don't put your folks in solitary confinement inside the bush.

To be honest, 60K/Month is a lot of money but it's insignificant in a city like present day Lagos. Outside Lagos? Yeah! people earning less build houses.

I humbly advise that such money be better invested in building a business that gives you regular side income which in turn increases the funds available for you to build.

Also, I'll suggest you work smart and hard. Seek out new opportunities and distinguish yourself in them. That way, you'll be able to earn more and build more than just a house but build a better life for yourself and your family.

Seun
Dominique
Lalasticlala
OAM4J
Mynd44
Obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 04, 2017
Temidayo9:
It is possible, for example that's average level 10 teacher's salaries in most States in Nigeria. Yet dey build houses. It might not be a mansion. Start cooperative with just 20k, .
In all it depends on the city area.

I don't think u know how much it costs to build a house.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by TINALETC3(f): 8:32am On Jul 04, 2017
grin grin funny u[quote author=kilyguy post=58103877][/quote]
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Sylva2147: 8:33am On Jul 04, 2017
All of you saying #60k won't build a better house I think you must be joking, more than 50% of Nigerians earn less than that amount yet they built better houses. I think the only thing is how he spends his income and the area he intend building the house. it will only take him some time but he will definitely build it.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by agarawu23(m): 8:38am On Jul 04, 2017
If u aren't spending a damn from the 60k, u can do it. I started investing in properties then with a 55k monthly savings smiley

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by idu1(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2017
You don't have money yet forget house and look for more money.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 04, 2017
Yes you can. No be so people dey build house badoo to rob in ikorodu
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by router123(m): 8:43am On Jul 04, 2017
gunners160:
I wonder why some people think so shallow and myopic. Yes,OP u can build ur own house with 60k monthly salary and stop minding all this drunkards that thinks so shallow Some people dnt make as much as you do and today they are landlords,all you just need is the determination and drive to start something. First save and get a land and stop looking at your present state or status.I can categorically tell you that even if you make 1million monthly,if you don't have the derive to build a house,you won't. Get a land and see how things would work for you

I don't know if u are achrostian or not but d bible I read said b4 u start a house, count the cost, else u will start and pple will end up mocking u saying " see dis fool, he stated building 2 rooms 10years ago and can't finish it"

Start small and grow big. This guy says he live with his parents and he is d one paying d rent. From my point of view, d 60k will be hardly enough to carry daily expenses in Lagos going by d pix he painted cos I guess he might be d one take d responsibility of feeding d parents. Remember 60k per month is 2k per day so do ur maths in dat senerio.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by omartins(m): 8:44am On Jul 04, 2017
sammydoe:
If u are serious go to lagos state homs website u can see a room and parlour for 1.5 m in epe, with monthly payment of 15k and a 5 per cent deposit.
What of 5years tax records and other requirements?
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by router123(m): 8:46am On Jul 04, 2017
itiswellandwell:
Yes. You can built a house with such salary, but i cant guarantee you will build a better house. You might later regret building the house because you wont build something strong and quality materials wont be used for the house as your mindset will be that of building a house and not building with a quality material. I will advice you like someone as said above, that you should divert that money into a business in order to have much funds for the building project. DONT LET YOUR CASE BE THAT OF PERSON WEY GO ENTER FASTING AND PRAYER MAKE RAIN NO FALL OR MAKE THE RAIN NO HEAVY MAKE THE RAIN NO CARRY THE ROOF OF THE HOUSE. Wish you all the very best.

Check my signature for your full capacity powerbank.

You are talking Abt building house when he has not bought a land. The first question is dat how long will it take him to raise d money to buy a land
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Tjango(m): 8:51am On Jul 04, 2017
Yes with determination nd focus
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by samijay8(m): 8:51am On Jul 04, 2017
When you live in ibadan, you'll build it. You'll even build another
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 04, 2017
olaezebala:
yes, in osun state. try ilobu, ede, ifon, gbongan, ikire, ikirun... need more names?

You've just made me miss naija.

I went to Akinorun Grammar School Ikirun in the late 70's and I remember some of these city names along the way between Ibadan and Ikirun.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Funkybabee(f): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2017
businessman7:
Good day Nl members I'm a single guy a student of Lagos state polythecnic and I earn a salary of #60,000 monthly and I want to put up something to start living in with my parent I'm fed up of paying for rent please I need advise on what to do and how to go about it thanks y'll

op don't mind those who said No, is because all what they know is food food to eat!!!eni ti o je ko ni fe je ka yo.

determination is ur first priority!!
u have to determined and calculate how u are going to be spending, cuz u said u are a students u may still have girlfriend in hand with ur expenses.

first try to be saving half of it in a year,I think it will help u to purchase land.cuz there are my people living there and I know how much some got their own,
after that save for another 1year and obtain a loan with it. I promised u within 2years to now u are going to be in ur new house, but note something cut ur cloth according to ur size maybe 3-4bedrom flat will do

wish u endeavor in anything u lay ur hand upon
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Kelvin1019: 8:57am On Jul 04, 2017
Salaries dont build house, ur personal business and runs does
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by jamalnation(m): 8:59am On Jul 04, 2017
yes ask me how
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 04, 2017
Gobhanky:
In others southwest.
Buh lag is out of it.
Ph
Abj
Calabar
Delta
Edo well yes

Go rent room and parlor my guy
Dey mount block every two weeks
Within a year your house is ready

I don't even think he can achieve this fit in any of the state capitals in the south. Unless he gets free land in his village and begs his friends to help him dig foundation.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Funkybabee(f): 9:10am On Jul 04, 2017
PrecisionFx:

To build a 3 bedroom bungalow costs 4 - 5 million on average so do it math.

na ur own calculation man kilagbe kileju
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by omonla10(m): 9:10am On Jul 04, 2017
1st question
Does d house guarantee ur success in life.. NO

I have friends that have (for the sake of owning their own house) drained their capital used in running their business. Now they have been cut off their day to day means of livelihood.

2..if ure building with this ur income., then It must be so far away from where ure earnings ur wages. Meaning u can't live there or living there will mean u parting away with almost half of ur salary on transport.

I have spent almost 1.5m on my house before realizing that I can't in the next 5 years live there.. As it will mean cutting myself out of my business cycle..

MY ADVISE IS FURTHER UR EDUCATION OR INVEST IN A GOOD BUSINESS AND WITCH URSELF BUILD UR HOUSE EFFORTLESSLY.

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Valkan007: 9:10am On Jul 04, 2017
IT IS VERY POSSIBLE. First you need to consider where you want the house to be built. Be sure it won't be in a nice area. I bought a portion of land for 6,500 and built a house using tapolin and wood and I collect 8k every month from the house.... In this very Abuja. Now I have 8 portion of land which I bought for a total of 52k, now I get 64k every month. So do the math, plus your salary and you can get a better house at some point

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 04, 2017
If puts aside 30k for 24 months he can build a 3 bedroom bungalow with zinc roofing.

if he saves for 6 months he can build a 4 bedroom mudhouse with thatch roofing.

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by ddooskie(m): 9:13am On Jul 04, 2017
You can if you have colleagues you can practice a sort of contribution with. Let's say ten of you can save thirty thousand naira each, that'll sum up to three hundred thousand naira in a month then one of you gets it at the end of the month, you rotate this and before you know it, you have your foundation up from there, you mould/buy blocks, it's a gradual process.

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 04, 2017
Funkybabee:

na ur own calculation man kilagbe kileju

I don't speak Yoruba.

pls what is ur own cost, gimme. a bit of ur calculations.
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by TundeHashim(m): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2017
MathsChic:
Anything is possible! smiley
Yeah but not like building a house with an earning if 60K in Lagos!
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by fawaz22(m): 9:20am On Jul 04, 2017
U can build house with 60k/month only by God grace,but d chance ar slim especially in lagos where half plot cost 7million naira,well it depends on d area sha,buh no go build house 4 whr pple go tink u wan use dem 4 ritual wen u tak dem there,build yur house where u can boast of.if u want to do dat#alaye u gats double yur hustle/work#.nd dat those not suggest u shld turn evan or badoo.i rest my head

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Papiikush: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2017
spokesboy:
Yes. I got one of the greatest challenge in life when two things happened to me, (1.) when my driver on a N23,000 take home salary in 2008 announced to me that he's moving into his newly built house (meanwhile, I the boss have never bought a single plot in Lagos. I was a very loyal tenant); and (2.) in 2009 when I stumbled on an article online about "How to build a house on N10,000 salary" on a real estate blog - BuildingContractorSecrets..com.
Today, I now have my own house - one of my best investments. Thanks to my driver and the online article.
What area us the house located?
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Kendroid: 9:32am On Jul 04, 2017
Temidayo9:
It is possible, for example that's average level 10 teacher's salaries in most States in Nigeria. Yet dey build houses. It might not be a mansion. Start cooperative with just 20k, .
In all it depends on the city area.

Most of those teachers u are talking about have other source of income, Most of them don't have any other responsibilities other than to tekia of themselves.

Always try and view things from different angles!!
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by 1zynnvn(m): 9:32am On Jul 04, 2017
TINALETC3:
undecided y nt u 4get house 4 now and invest in sumtin else dat wl fetch u more cash, Wat if u start d foundation of d house and u got fired at work , u no hw village pple work na. Nt wishing u bad luck ooo, am jst thinking
you are a sensible fellow. I nned some1 like u in my life
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Kendroid: 9:35am On Jul 04, 2017
Gobhanky:
In others southwest.
Buh lag is out of it.
Ph
Abj
Calabar
Delta
Edo well yes

Go rent room and parlor my guy
Dey mount block every two weeks
Within a year your house is ready

Did u just add Ph??

The cost of living in Ph is way more expensive than Lagos.

When i did my IT in Ph, i paid 4K monthly for living in a Batcher house!!
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by spokesboy: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2017
BornAgainMay:

Spokesboy, you built a house after your driver built his own. From building a house you became a blogger and you're advertising to get traffic to your blog.

I fear your courage to lie bro
Stop jumping into haste conclusion bro without facts. You're not a woman, hence you ought to have investigated my previous posts on Nairaland to know that I'm not a blogger. I only posted on this thread to help others get motivated about the possibility of owning their own house based on my life experience. If my post is not helpful to you - you can just pass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

High Cost Of Iron Rods: Engineers Now Build With Bamboo / Photos Of Chinedu Isiogugu, Corper Who Died After A Building Collapsed In Owerri / Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.