Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Toyota Camry 1995 Is Not Changing Gear - Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 1995 Is Not Changing Gear - Help (787 Views)

My Vehicle Jerks When Changing Gear / My Car Odometer Is Not Changing / Price Of Engine Of Toyota Camry 1995 (orobo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 1995 Is Not Changing Gear - Help by jupiterz: 5:14am On Jul 04, 2017
please I really need help and I want to resolve this issue as soon as possible without any guess work.
The car is only running on gear 1 and it's not changing gear.
please what can I do.
I want to go for a Long distance drive this weekend.

Car Toyota
year.... 1995
automatic transmission
2.2 engine

Gazzuz
gaszuzz
mayor
nurey
any gear expert in the house....please come to my rescue
Re: Toyota Camry 1995 Is Not Changing Gear - Help by pussyeater(m): 5:33am On Jul 04, 2017
Best solution is to replace the damn car. 22 years old shocked
Re: Toyota Camry 1995 Is Not Changing Gear - Help by nurey(m): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2017
jupiterz:
please I really need help and I want to resolve this issue as soon as possible without any guess work.
The car is only running on gear 1 and it's not changing gear.
please what can I do.
I want to go for a Long distance drive this weekend.

Car Toyota
year.... 1995
automatic transmission
2.2 engine

Gazzuz
gaszuzz
mayor
nurey
any gear expert in the house....please come to my rescue

How long have you been using the car?
prior to the issue have you replaced the gear oil before?
does the gear change at high rev (around 4 or 5) or it doesnt change even if you red zone the engine?
did you test the D1 or D2 available in the gear, do they work?
Have you scanned the gear to know the codes it is throwing?

if all my question is too hard for you and you have the funds to acquire a new gear, just go ahead and buy a new transmission but let a technician look into your engine if its inorder. Your car is growing old, please endeavor to learn a lot about it, this will save you on the long run if you intend to keep it forever.
Re: Toyota Camry 1995 Is Not Changing Gear - Help by jupiterz: 9:36am On Jul 04, 2017
nurey:

How long have you been using the car?
prior to the issue have you replaced the gear oil before?
does the gear change at high rev (around 4 or 5) or it doesnt change even if you red zone the engine?
did you test the D1 or D2 available in the gear, do they work?
Have you scanned the gear to know the codes it is throwing?

if all my question is too hard for you and you have the funds to acquire a new gear, just go ahead and buy a new transmission but let a technician look into your engine if its inorder. Your car is growing old, please endeavor to learn a lot about it, this will save you on the long run if you intend to keep it forever.

The car is 5 years and I replace the transmission oil 6 months ago when the gear was not selecting quickly.
However the gear still delay but it will change once I remove my leg from the gas pedder and then accelerate but now it won't change no matter how hard I rev the engine.

Moreso I did a engine repair, my mechanic change the metal inside the engine and after the repair the gear is no longer selecting.
D1 and D2 is working perfectly.
I have not scan the car and also my speedometer is not working...
Re: Toyota Camry 1995 Is Not Changing Gear - Help by nurey(m): 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2017
jupiterz:

The car is 5 years and I replace the transmission oil 6 months ago when the gear was not selecting quickly.
However the gear still delay but it will change once I remove my leg from the gas pedder and then accelerate but now it won't change no matter how hard I rev the engine.

Moreso I did a engine repair, my mechanic change the metal inside the engine and after the repair the gear is no longer selecting.
D1 and D2 is working perfectly.
I have not scan the car and also my speedometer is not working...

ok, i am not a technician but we can still diagnose, i think the best way forward is a scan of the transmission, it will narrow down where the problem is, could be Ecu reprogramming, probably a loose connection or a worn out part. so first scan the engine and transmission as i feel the mechanic must have done something in error reason for the issue

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes-benz Is In Search Of Creative Programmers: #mercedesbenzchallenge / NFL Preseason / China Invents And Tests Self-driving Bus (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.