Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) (15512 Views)

The Making Of Our Earthen Fish Pond ( Pics, Videos) / The Signpost At A Plantain Garden: "Steal With Joy & Die With Tears" (Photo) / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Victornezzar: 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2017
Honestly u just motivated me 2 open up a small farm in my compound

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 12:17am On Sep 24, 2017
Mukah1234:
Nice one here! This thread just motivated me. There is this little piece of land in my backyard. I've always wanted to plant something there but only the thought of goats feeding on my crop scarces the hell out of me and that has been a barrier. Now that I know there is a way around it, I can't wait to pick up my farming tools and storm the place. My question now is: 1. What can I plant now? knowing that the rainy season is almost gone 2. Where can I get these hybrid seeds? My location is Ebonyi state. Please reply soon as my blood dey hot.

Good to hear you want to start.
As for what to plant, you can plant anything. What you need to do to is to wer your plants during this dry season we are approaching. I will suggest Tomato, water melon, potato, okra, pepper etc and any type of vege eaten in Ebonyi.

As for seeds, i didn't get hybrid seeds, i just purchased seeds from market women selling chemicals, fertilizers, sprayer and other farming tools. Locate market, and check where they sell agricultural equipments, then ask them that you want to buy seeds of different plants you want.

Bro cool down your blood, its well.
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 12:20am On Sep 24, 2017
Victornezzar:
Honestly u just motivated me 2 open up a small farm in my compound

So good to hear, when you start also open a thread so that you can update us on your farm.

So many people around my area on seeing my little farm have also started planting on small pieces of land they have. They also said my little garden impressed and inspired them

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Victornezzar: 7:38am On Sep 24, 2017
oyetpel:

So good to hear, when you start also open a thread so that you can update us on your farm.

So many people around my area on seeing my little farm have also started planting on small pieces of land they have. They also said my little garden impressed and inspired them
no p boss
once I start.....I would let u know
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Lavendra(f): 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
Nice work, I envy you. I wish I have experience like you. I have strong passion for agriculture, mostly animal farming but I have also developed interest in crop farming too. I hope one day I find someone that shares/have/understand the same dream I have.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by hajlat2(m): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2017
Your snails are prone to attack from soldier ants.In order to prevent this, you have to did gutter round the pen and fill it with black oil.
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 4:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
Still harvesting my tomatoes as they ripe.

6th harvest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
Today's harvest.

I heard these little tomatoes are very good, and the its leaves is used for medicinal purpose.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
This is what the inside of snake tomato looks like.

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by jidestroud(m): 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
oyetpel:
Still harvesting my tomatoes as they ripe.

6th harvest.

Now see me staring like a learner. Proud of your achievements. Please ensure those tomatoes are turned into something very delicious. grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 9:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
jidestroud:

Now see me staring like a learner. Proud of your achievements. Please ensure those tomatoes are turned into something very delicious. grin

Ha, you are my boss o.

Sure, i will.
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 8:58am On Oct 07, 2017
Yesterday's food.

Efo riro

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by segzypark(m): 4:40am On Nov 16, 2017
Nice thread,am highly motivated.please what area in Ibadan are you.. I just opened my farm 2weeks ago(plot).I intend planting ugu(300 seeds) and plant other veggies; tomato,maize,ewedu,green veggie,okro).the ugu would be majorly for sale,Hoping to realize money to pay my house rent and the other veggies would be for consumption...I have irrigation facility,so I have no problem with water and light is 24hrs here..the land is been cleared and ugu seed bought
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by jidestroud(m): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2017
segzypark:
Nice thread,am highly motivated.please what area in Ibadan are you.. I just opened my farm 2weeks ago(plot).I intend planting ugu(300 seeds) and plant other veggies; tomato,maize,ewedu,green veggie,okro).the ugu would be majorly for sale,Hoping to realize money to pay my house rent and the other veggies would be for consumption...I have irrigation facility,so I have no problem with water and light is 24hrs here..the land is been cleared and ugu seed bought

Lol funny @paying of house rent!!! Counting your goose before they hatch right?

300 seeds won't even cover a plot (planting of 2 per hole just in case... Spacing inclusive). and you also left out the details of the land...what's the measurement? A plot? Acre? etc.
You also made mention of planting other vegetables on the same piece of land (without details). Please and Please, do your survey and feasibility studies well oooo before expecting to pay house rents. And pls factor in unforeseen circumstances such as fire outbreaks and animal encroachment into your feasibility study too. Hahahahahahaha... (Nairaland Agricultural section will survive this onslaught...God's speed)
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Seun(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2017
oyetpel:
Yesterday's food.

Efo riro
Which tomato variety is that? It seems to come in different shapes and sizes and colours, and was grown with little or no stress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Pinkfriday(f): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2017
Wow shocked... Nice work @oyetpel
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Taal17: 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
oyetpel:
I got this ankle rubber boot today for at the rate of N700.
Where?
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
Taal17:
Where?
Ogunpa
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by babythug(f): 11:42am On Dec 22, 2017
Just harvested these!

I was inspired by yourself and jidestroud....

The tomatoes didn't quite survive or even make it! I understand the plants are to be staked? I'd appreciate any advice and tips

Merry Christmas to you and Jidestroud

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Seun(m): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2017
babythug:
Just harvested these!

The tomatoes didn't quite survive or even make it! I understand the plants are to be staked? I'd appreciate any advice and tips

That looks like an unripe scotch bonnet or habanero pepper. What do you plan to cook with it?
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by babythug(f): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2017
Seun:

That looks like an unripe scotch bonnet or habanero pepper. What do you plan to cook with it?

Ah the great Seun himself

Twale * two hands up in the air*

Lol

I've been slicing it into fried eggs for now, also noodles! But it's generally good and used to make ofada sauce

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by iphyjones(f): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
wao am so inspired.will plant my own nextmonth
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
babythug:
Just harvested these!

You should have left some to ripe on the tomato plant.
The fruit looks like pepper, what type of tomato breed did you plant?
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2017
I am sorry for not updating on this thread for some time now.

My potatoes did really, they were so big eh, i forgot to snap pictures of it.

Goats are giving me trouble again, they found a way to bypass my bamboo-net fence, they have ate my plantain leaves, pawpaw plants and my potato leaves.

Short of find but still finding a way to tighten my garden security.

Merry christmas and happy new year in advance
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by babythug(f): 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
oyetpel:

cheesy

This is pepper harvested from pepper plants! I meant the tomatoes I planted didn't survive, Many of the stalks fell though I haven't weeded them out just left it like that! Don't know the specie oh, just poured water on my garden after washing a basket of tomatoes grin cheesy
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
babythug:

cheesy

This is pepper harvested from pepper plants! I meant the tomatoes I planted didn't survive, Many of the stalks fell though I haven't weeded them out just left it like that! Don't know the specie oh, just poured water on my garden after washing a basket of tomatoes grin cheesy

Maybe you should wait till raining season to plant tomatoes again
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by babythug(f): 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
oyetpel:

Maybe you should wait till raining season to plant tomatoes again

Ok then!
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Munzy14(m): 6:19am On Dec 23, 2017
oyetpel:

lol. harvesting pepper at that stage is super good. because its packed with different vitamins. but when it gets ripe, it's predominantly vitamin A and probably antioxidant especially the red colouration. either way she harvests is ok.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 10:57am On Dec 23, 2017
Munzy14:

lol. harvesting pepper at that stage is super good. because its packed with different vitamins. but when it gets ripe, it's predominantly vitamin A and probably antioxidant especially the red colouration. either way she harvests is ok.

I thought she said it was tomato.
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by jidestroud(m): 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
babythug:
Just harvested these!

Merry Christmas. Hoping to read about your exploits in 2018 wink

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by babythug(f): 8:40am On Jan 04, 2018
jidestroud:

Merry Christmas. Hoping to read about your exploits in 2018 wink
Happy New Year bro! You will read of the exploits God wiling.
I want to try the tomatoes again. Is there anything I should pay attention to?
I noticed they started to fall the more I watered them! Can they thrive without water? Did you stake your tomato plants?

You can respond on your thread
Cheers
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 10:13am On May 30, 2018
Goats really battered my garden when i went to school, but i have reinforced the fencing and planted my corn for the raining season.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Members, Abisola Olusanya Inspects Imota Rice Mill Project / A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm / Snail Farming In Nigeria – Benefits, Advantages, Facts About Snail Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.