Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away (2208 Views)

Someone Should Please Call The Catholic Faithfuls Of Ahiara Diocese To Order. / Pope John Paul Ii And Michael Jackson Found In Hell! / For Catholic Faithfuls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Angelgirl(f): 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2005
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls
The Vatican announced that John Paul died at 21:37 local time Saturday, April 2, after a long struggle against debilitating illness. He was 84 (Yahoo News). He will be buried on Friday this week/

Do you think in 20 days time, a new Pope will emerge from Nigeria? Some friends of mine said its impossible, that they will kill him! What if the New Pope turns out to be Cardinal Arinze or Okogie? What are the implications for Nigeria?
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by shallar1(m): 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2005
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls
Though I am a Muslim, but notwithstanding, this is a man who has touched so many live across the globe and he deserves to be commended.

I as a person who feel great if Cardinal Francis Arinze can become the next Pope. Cardinal Okogie, though, is out of race, because we are talking of senior Cardinals.

Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary.
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Seun(m): 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2005
"It was an expression of pity and sorrow in Parishes of Catholic Church across Lagos State as officiating priests announced to the congregation the demise of the head of the church. Pope John Paul II, passed on at 9.37pm last Saturday after three days of intense battle with life."
- Sun News Online
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Angelgirl(f): 6:43am On Apr 06, 2005
News reports from CNN yesterday, says there is a high chance Cardinal Arinze emerging as the next Pope, when he was interviewed about it, his response was 'the holy Ghost will decide' , report also says he has served in the Vatican for 20 years, and was very close to the late Pope.
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Ra(f): 11:09am On Apr 06, 2005
To all Catholic faithfuls and indeed to the world at large, accept my heartfelt condolences on the demise of a great man of God. May his toil and turmoil here on earth be adequately rewarded in heaven.

Having said that, I've maintained the view that rather than mourn, Catholics should actually celebrate the late Pope's life and achievements. He was a man who like Apostle Paul, his namesake, can adequately say 'I have fought the good fight'. If anyone finished their duties on earth, I would say it was him. So, celebration of Life for him really.

It's common knowledge that 3 people are being considered for the next Pope and one of them is from Nigeria. It's a great task being a Pope. We are in the 21st century and all of that, this is religion we're talking about as well and I'll be one of the happiest people should the next Pope emerge from Nigeria but I'll also be one of the most amazed people. Some people will die rather than vote in a black Pope. It's pathetic really to be judged and crucified by your skin colour, but it's the sick world we live in. If it can even become debatable whether priests are allowed to be gay or not and be 'joined' in the Anglican Diocese, a hot debate over a black Pope will definitely ensue. Sad, but true.
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Angelgirl(f): 10:20am On Apr 07, 2005
The process of electing a new Pope, to find out click here http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2005/pope/stories/selection.process/index.html
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2005
smiley
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Angelgirl(f): 5:19pm On Apr 19, 2005
Cardinals Again Fail to Elect New Pope- Yahoo news check it out here

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20050419/ap_on_re_eu/pope
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Seun(m): 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2005
The new post has been elected! Follow Angelgirl's link above!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Ra(f): 8:41pm On Apr 19, 2005
Well, we've got a new pope and he's German. Congratulations to you Catholic faithfuls
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Angelgirl(f): 9:50am On Apr 20, 2005
Thanks Seun and Ra, and his name is Pope Benedict XVI.
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:59am On Dec 25, 2008

O yeah,i was there when he died,Pope John Paul which you all know has been a Faithful servant to my master SATAN ,but until he made an Uncorrectable mistake***what next? he have to pay for it cool cool cool cool cool .you can see him on the Pictor above!with white robe.
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 25, 2008
lol, you're sick!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:02am On Dec 25, 2008
Martian:

lol, you're sick!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
@Martian
is not a joke, it is real, :oPope John paul won form rambo give us!
he send him on the last messege but e bi like say him come dey Grumble anyhow!
well,that guy na Correct Guy before he die,he has really accomplished many many Mission impossible for church!,but the big thing there bi say(na only him pour water for him Garri).now tell me Martian,when you servant disobey you,atleast you go give am red_Eye now,
Wetin make me nor cry na because na only him fall hes left hand!!,my Master SATAN be one pity the Guy,but he wont stop Claiming GANSTA,and i suspect my master think him won over throw am for the Throne. grin, well,e no pain me like others because the meat when we contribuer bustcher ,na only him wack almost evrything including the liver &kidney!.e no really pain me say e don kpai cry

(1) (Reply)

Homosexual In Church / Islam Versus Christianity : The Morality And Santity Of Marriage. / Difference Between Heaven And Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.