Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,033 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files (8077 Views)

Need To Secure Your Compiled Software (.msi Or .exe) To 1/PC? / How Do I Fix "Player.exe Has Stopped Working" Error Message. / Transform Your Web Project In HTML And Php/mysql To A Desktop Software In .exe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files by topea(m): 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2010
I have a database programme built on Microsoft Access .mbd file system.
Can anyone tell me how i can make this file an executable file of type .exe?

Thank you
Re: How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files by abacus(m): 10:31am On Feb 02, 2010
@Poser,
You don't need to convert to .exe else you will destroy the data in the database file. All you need is to install Microsoft Office with MS Access application. You open the database by double clicking on the .mdb file. Good luck.
Re: How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files by Laolu1980: 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2010
Why in the world would you want to do that?
Open the .mdb file with MS Acess 97 - 2003. and u'll be able to access the data.
.mdb files are not executable.
Re: How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files by BigStar1(m): 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2010
Better still you can create a VB application for that database file and then you make it executable which you can install anywhere whether Ms-Access is installed or not. The application will always serve as interface for that database while it runs silently on the system.
Re: How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2010
You can actually package your Access Application as an executable using the Access Developer Extensions that come with Access Developer edition from Access 95 through 2007 grin
Re: How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files by topea(m): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
I need to make the database executable to be able to transfer to other systems and share the use.
The .exe is also need as the security on one .mdb file affects all other .mdb file on the same sysytem which is what i want to avoid, i want it to be independent of all other features and files on the system.

Largerwhen indoubt
Please put me through to usisng the access developer, i dont seem to have been able to run that.
Thanks all for your assistance
Re: How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2010
@topea

try this link it has all the information depending on what version of Access you used to build your application

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/developereditionfaq.htm
Re: How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files by topea(m): 10:17am On Feb 06, 2010
Thanks pal
Re: How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files by macnuel: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2010
Big Star:

Better still you can create a VB application for that database file and then you make it executable which you can install anywhere whether Ms-Access is installed or not. The application will always serve as interface for that database while it runs silently on the system.

@ BIG STAR
I actually am interested in that. Could you share please?

(1) (Reply)

Programming With Arduino / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application / Nairaland Homepage Concept UI.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.