Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Open Letter To Mr. Kola Christwealth Sniit Polytechnic - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To Mr. Kola Christwealth Sniit Polytechnic (696 Views)

FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook / Meet Michael Arimanwa, Rector Of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri / Admission Into SNIIT POLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Mr. Kola Christwealth Sniit Polytechnic by yakdat91(m): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
OPEN LETTER TO MR KOLA CHRISTWEALTH
FROM A FRUSTRATED STUDENT OF SNIIT POLYTECHNIC IFEWARA
2014/2015 SET

Dear sir
*WHO IS THE REAL CRIMINAL TO BE PUNISHED AND WHY ARE WE PAYING FOR THE DAMAGES OF YOUR PROPERTIES?*

I am writing this to you to let you know that all fingers are not equal and if you think by extorting money from student is the best you can do before you can pay your staffs, I will call that act as immature decision.
I have no apology to tender in saying this that You (Mr. Kola Christwealth) was the major cause of what happened to the SNIIT POLYTECHNIC because of your statement at the so called town hall meeting where a statement was made by you that Some of the management courses even all the courses that’s been offered by the Management department of SNIIT POLYTECHNIC has not been fully accredited and with that SNIIT POLYTECHNIC will be giving them Diploma certificate (Not National Diploma) after spending good two years and paying that huge amount into the school pulse.

If they had known that SNIIT POLYTECHNIC courses has not been accredited as you claimed did you think anybody will come and waste his/her precious time and money in your school?

The sorrow state of welfare of students coupled with the criminal fee that you tyrannically imposed on innocent students has made me to conclude with no doubt that SNIIT POLYTECHNIC is nothing but Money making machine. Reality has shown that the IT Fee & Final Result Fee for 2014/2015 set increment, which you masterminded was nothing but an exploitative fraudulent act.

Although nobody will ever pray for his/her loss of properties but we also know in our various school of taught that anything can happen to anybody at anytime that is why what happened to SNIIT POLYTECHNIC on 21st of February 2015 should not be a thing of surprise to you. Accept our apology for the incident.

So sir why are we paying N30,000 for IT letter and N40,000 for our final result?

These are the questions our lecturers in SNIIT POLYTECHNIC has not been able to answer but I think you are in the best position give us the reasonable and genuine answer to that.

You should at least consider the current economy downturn in the country, some of our classmate that even came from eastern part of the country where they even rely on oil money are also lamenting about the current economy many of them are still at Ifewara due to absence of fund from their parents pulse and they have no choice than to stay back in the environment of the school with the hope that when the result is out they would be able to collect it and use it to work but now you have killed the hope of those innocent children.

It is vivid that you are not concern about the welfare of students but that of yours and members of your administration.

No wonder you promised that you will build toilet and provide drinkable water into the school campus and you didn’t do it before we graduated.

Although some of the students claimed that we are paying that outrageous amount for IT in other to cover the damages that happened during the satanic demonstration of some aggrieved students which led to the raising down of the whole buildings and properties of the school.

But I will never agree to the IT fees as the complementary to the damage fee because I won’t expect someone like you with your Education, Exposure, Local and International connections will not have insured your properties in anyway or the other.

And according to research before I made this submission there are two type of insurance which I believed you must have done to secure the very called SNIIT POLYTECHNIC

1. Fire insurance: covers damage or loss to a property because of fire. It is a specific form of insurance in addition to homeowner's or property insurance, and it covers the cost of replacement and repair or reconstruction above what the property insurance policy covers.

2. Property Insurance: is a policy that provides financial reimbursement to the owner or renter of a structure and its contents, in the event of damage or theft.

Sir our parents are not daft before they sent us to study in Sniit polytechnic and you shouldn’t because of that seeing us as your money making machine, and if you are expecting that we should pay that wicked amount for our Result and IT, I will suggest you should hold it to yourself because it’s of no use to some of us anymore while many has been offered an admission into another University or Polytechnic before when many of us paid school fees with the sweat of our parents and at the end of the day you came to the school to tell those offering management courses that all their courses have not been accredited and you expect them to just chill or not saying anything which I believed that brought out the satanic incident.

Incase you don’t know Sniit polytechnic is not worth to be called tertiary institution but a group of dubious people headed by Mr. Christwealth, Yes I have no apology to tender for that statement because I know you have Sons and daughters in different universities or polytechnic, now how would you feel if you dare visit your child in her/his school one day and while strolling around the campus you were pressed and you need to use the school restroom and your son said we don’t have toilet nor restroom in the campus, and you have been paying for developmental fee everymonth.

Another instance is while visiting your child in campus one of your colleagues at work said he just sent you a mail that you need to access immediately and you are with your child on the campus now you need to to use the school ICT center but you still not able to use it because your child said they have no ICT center in their school but the school is called “Innovation and Technology Institute” and he has been collecting money for ICT and Reserch every semester from you How would you feel?

You did not renovate the hostels, you did not build new ones yet you admit more than enough students every semester just to make more money.

Honestly sir who is the real criminal to be punished? Innocent students or Sniit management?

Aside the infectious living condition on campus, the learning condition is nothing to write home about.

The deplorable state of the lecture room is a manifestation of the negligence of yours.

The major lecture room (Awolowo Hall) has been condemned ; the one we managed before we graduated most of the seats were missing like an aged man's teeth.

Students are left with no choice than to sit on the floor in most cases. And I am sure Learning is not like this in every other private polytechnic.

Aside the bad state of the existing lecture room. Our Laboratory are as dry as desert with nothing for students to study with, even the library is nothing but a photocopy point because there is no book and we claimed we had E-Library, E-Library that doesn’t have a single working PC.

After the incident so many people came to our rescue including government and by the rumor Pastor EA Adeboye also came to your rescue over the school and I believed you have been helped in one way or the other even if it is not going to be of standard of what you have spent to the school.

And mind you I can categorically say this that 2014/2015 set were the set that brought SNIIT POLYTECHNIC into the lime light because of our love for the school and loyalty for our lecturers.

We used our personal money to do different projects for the school ranging from First and second Billboard, Another billboard along Ife-Ifewara road, Another billboard along Ilesa road, Construction Radio and Television studio and Main gate Signboard and you’ve never for once commend us for that.

Sir I am stiil saying that this heavy duty should not be imposed on children of the struggling masses because what have you done to the horrible condition of hostels and lecture rooms in the school since the bad event of that of 21st February 2015?

This has shown that the the outrageous fees that left many hopes shattered is not just criminal, and cannot be justified by any shred of reason.

Have you even ever been informed that we students pays for fuel before we can receive lecture in Sniit poly? If we are to sum all the miscellaneous money we have spent so far in sniit poly I am very sure you will not say we should singularly pay for the IT or Result.

I will be concluding by stating it emphatically that the fight against the outrageous fee of IT letter and Final result fee, poor welfare condition and negligence etc goes beyond these, it is a fight against oppression, victimization and exploitation, it is a fight for justice, a fight for the truth, it is a fight for all.
Re: Open Letter To Mr. Kola Christwealth Sniit Polytechnic by zurielsam(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
abeg which one is sniit polytechnic. And why would someone choose to attend a private polytechnic in the first place.

(1) (Reply)

Midwestern Scholarship Award For 2016/2017 Is Ongoing / Brain Teaser: Detective / Help Me! Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.