Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,239 members, 7,957,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:00 PM

Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement (64911 Views)

Ambode Faces Impeachment As 57 LG Chairmen Endorse Jide Sanwoolu For Governor / Senators Order Dan Ali Monsur To Withdraw Statement On Anti-grazing Law / Buhari's 75th Birthday: FFK Congratulates President, Asks Him To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by jollymizzle(m): 6:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Blue3k:

You're still wrong. Read National Lottery Act of 2005. Again my point about education system failing you stands. Read section 8 (1) of the national lottery act which states that the appointment of the DG is subject to senate’s confirmation. Lol at who ever liked your comment.

Link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.natlotregcom.gov.ng/downloads/NLA_2005.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiAq9r6h_DUAhUE2oMKHQweAS4QFggdMAA&usg=AFQjCNFq8lwm3_S2gH4QOnabdcKQrS5LrQ

erm are you sure you read the post you quoted correctly or you must have quoted the wrong post. And by the way you didn't need to bring up the act on lottery commission or isn't it the same one the Ag sent for confirmation? I'm sure the one the Senate is talking about was about the efcc
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by Blue3k(m): 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
jollymizzle:
You got it wrong, in Nigeria we have a constitution, however flawed it way be, we have and is binding on us all, whether executive, legislature e,Judiciary or the common man. Right now the acting president, a professor of law said he went through the Constitution and he wasn't able to find where it was written that the legislature has such powers, now I'm not saying he is right or wrong, and like someone said the matter is already at the Supreme Court, the Judiciary being the only body that can interpret any law would tell us who has the power to make confirmation of appointments . so except you have found the section in the Constitution that gives the legislature the power to make confirmations I will tell you to stop assuming. The powers and extent of such power granted each of the arms of government is clearly stated in the Constitution.

You're still wrong.

Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by jollymizzle(m): 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
Blue3k:

You're still wrong.
well the matter is in court, the Judiciary will tell us who is wrong or right. We always like to make a mountain out of a molehill. How does an arm of government telling another it doesn't have certain powers become such a big deal. The Judiciary is always there to settle such matters
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by Okudiover(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
Blame it on the south east developers (the Igbos) grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by jollymizzle(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
Lmao, we've been played, I just realized it was the author of the the article that over sensationalized the situation. So no one threatened impeachment, the Senate only said no confirmations. Our journalists sef.
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by Olabestonic001(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
cheesy
emmateejay:
can somebody with good reasoning direct me to a country were i can relax until nigeria is back to normal. Don't beg me cus my mind if made up.

I think North Korea have better facilities to rest. You can try them our cheesy
emmateejay:
can somebody with good reasoning direct me to a country were i can relax until nigeria is back to normal. Don't beg me cus my mind if made up.

I think North Korea have better facilities to rest. You can try them out.
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by kenny987(f): 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2017
mfm04622:

So because of run the same type of government does that mean all our laws are the same?

That is the position of the law. The Executive does not have exclusive powers of appointment in all instances. Where that power is shared with the Senate, they cannot impose a nominee. The law says certain appointments are subject to the confirmation of the Senate. To be subject to something is to he bound by it! If the Senate confirms, the appointment is validated; if the Senate rejects an appointee, such appointment is immediately nullified and the Executive ought therefore to nominate another appointee. QED!
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
What know is that we will kill many peolple in this country this time. This is no joke.
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by mfm04622: 7:12pm On Jul 04, 2017
kenny987:

That is the position of the law. The Executive does not have exclusive powers of appointment in all instances. Where that power is shared with the Senate, they cannot impose a nominee. The law says certain appointments are subject to the confirmation of the Senate. To be subject to something is to he bound by it! If the Senate confirms, the appointment is validated; if the Senate rejects an appointee, such appointment is immediately nullified and the Executive ought therefore to nominate another appointee. QED!

Thank you for your civil response. This is exactly my belief too. Magu cannot be the only person that can do a good job at EFCC so i don't understand why the executive is insisting on him. However, the rejection of Magu is not done in the interest of the nation. Why are they afraid of him.
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by mfm04622: 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2017
Blue3k:

You're still wrong. Read National Lottery Act of 2005. Again my point about education system failing you stands. Read section 8 (1) of the national lottery act which states that the appointment of the DG is subject to senate’s confirmation. Lol at who ever liked your comment.

Link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.natlotregcom.gov.ng/downloads/NLA_2005.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiAq9r6h_DUAhUE2oMKHQweAS4QFggdMAA&usg=AFQjCNFq8lwm3_S2gH4QOnabdcKQrS5LrQ

I have decided not descend to your level. If you re-read my initial post you quoted, you will see i did not comment on this situation. just pointed out that one can't assume laws from two different countries to be the same. In the second i pointed out that not all appointment need confirmation and that you quoted the wrong law. In your response you continue with your insult without admitting you quoted the wrong law.
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by Blue3k(m): 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
mfm04622:

I have decided not descend to your level. If you re-read my initial post you quoted, you will see i did not comment on this situation. just pointed out that one can't assume laws from two different countries to be the same. In the second i pointed out that not all appointment need confirmation and that you quoted the wrong law. In your response you continue with your insult without admitting you quoted the wrong law.

Still wrong like the other guy. It National Lottery Act of 2005 is what these guys are citing. You're already in pit of ignorance you can't get any lower. Are you going to claim the appointment Director General, National Lottery Commission doesn't fall under this act?

Quoted wrong since I assumed it was just another department. The situation between the two counties was the same. You pointed out not all positions need to be appointed but this one does like senate said again still wrong.

Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by bashydemy(m): 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thos Senate are mad and useless, LOL let's see who is mre powerful haha..
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by multicolored(f): 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
Nigeria is a big joke.
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by Splashme: 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
Splashme:
This Buhari and APC govt is the worst ever in the history of Nigeria

Just recently, US president Donald Trump nominated Andrew Pudzer as Secretary of Labour. The US Congress turned down his nomination and immediately that became the end. Trump had to immediately forward a replacement to Congress.

It is only in Nigeria that the country's National Assembly (an equivalent of US Congress) will reject the president's nominee and members of the Executive will insist they will rather keep him in perpetual Acting capacity than doing away with him. What then was the reason for forwarding the names to National Assembly in the first place?

These people are turning our beloved country to a theatre of comedy
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by stealthtiger(m): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
givbitcoin:

Osibanjo cannot rule this country. He lacks moral jurisdiction to do so. He should resign or be impeached
Are we talking about moral legitimacy here?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by givbitcoin: 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
stealthtiger:
Are we talking about moral legitimacy here?
Whatever!
But let the message be heard
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by martinlooter(m): 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
Evablizin:
Kai let the battle begin,but my Acting P is an overcomer,where is that Legend of sicker self,he better come back here oh

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by truehero(m): 10:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
How I wish my imagination can turn to reality, I imagine all d senator present and a big BOMB drops on dem all.

Watch Designated Survivor. You will see your wish grin
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by charlycharles(m): 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
but where is buhari...
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by precious1967(m): 11:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
are ds vagabonds serving d country or dre selfish interest?
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by bigfish3k: 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
greatiyk4u:

U need to compare the reasons for the rejection in both cases

Senate is yet to convince the executive on the reason for rejectin magu

it doesn't matter whether morally right or wrong. rejection is rejection, that's their work. even if its political, the constitution didn't give them any outline for rejection, infact they can reject u for not liking your face
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by SharkTank(m): 12:00am On Jul 05, 2017
[quote author=MirJay post=58117641]undecided.

They want to finish us in this country o. If they impeach him how are we suppose to survive till 2019 to vote them out.

On a lighter note i think they should remove him and inaugurate Mazi Nnamdi Kanu so that he will test the mantle of leadership and realize to be a leader is not by being hypocritical.[/quote

You Yoruba are of this habit.
Hausa people are frustrating you wanna-be primitive looking osinbade and you are calling nnamdi KANU. Is KANU a Hausa man, from zamfara or the senator that raised the motion? So what's his own in the matter?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by bamasite(m): 3:21am On Jul 05, 2017
Splashme:
This Buhari and APC govt is the worst ever in the history of Nigeria

Just recently, US president Donald Trump nominated Andrew Pudzer as Secretary of Labour. The US Congress turned down his nomination and immediately that became the end. Trump had to immediately forward a replacement to Congress.

It is only in Nigeria that the country's National Assembly (an equivalent of US Congress) will reject the president's nominee and members of the Executive will insist they will rather keep him in perpetual Acting capacity than doing away with him. What then was the reason for forwarding the names to National Assembly in the first place?

These people are turning our beloved country to a theatre of comedy

On the flip side, only in America will the president go into a wrestling match with international media and upload on Twitter when his country has a slew of pressing issues.

My point?
America is no paradise! Every country has its challenges and we have ours. Dont forget the FBI issues too soon too........
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by Organs(m): 5:08am On Jul 05, 2017
MirJay:
undecided.

They want to finish us in this country o. If they impeach him how are we suppose to survive till 2019 to vote them out.

On a lighter note i think they should remove him and inaugurate Mazi Nnamdi Kanu so that he will test the mantle of leadership and realize to be a leader is not by being hypocritical.

And the judgment day shall come and on that day, we all shall know the difference between mad men following nnamdi kanu (lower case) and other well meaning Nigerians.
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by greatiyk4u(m): 7:29am On Jul 05, 2017
bigfish3k:

it doesn't matter whether morally right or wrong. rejection is rejection, that's their work. even if its political, the constitution didn't give them any outline for rejection, infact they can reject u for not liking your face

You need to upgrade
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by karleone(m): 7:42am On Jul 05, 2017
oluseyiforj ;Desus:
How I wish my imagination can turn to reality, I imagine all d senator present and a big BOMB drops on dem all

Too much "Designated Survivor" dey worry you > grinsad cheesy

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by Chydobe: 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
"Nigeria in Trouble" alongside Yemen, Somalia and South Sudan.T he United Nations calls it, "the world's Largest Humanitarian Crisis...More than $630 million in aid has been announced for Yemen, Somalia, South Sudan and Nigeria. These countries were select based on the harm caused by conflicts and other related factors...follow link for updates

http://newzified..com/2017/07/united-states-630-million-rescue-to.html
Re: Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement by tonididdy(m): 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
Iype:
Senators and their misplaced priorities, rather than focus on how to improve the condition of their various constituencies.

I pity my country men and later my brothers from the east will call her zoo .

his you sent me a message via NL email but I can't access my inbox. Please quote me or drop your whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mr Macaroni, You Have Written Your Name In Gold / TY Danjuma's 83rd Birthday Gift To Guests (Video, Photos) / Obama Billboard: Rochas Okorocha Denies Putting It Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.