Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,610 members, 7,843,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message (47139 Views)

Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament / See Saraki's Reaction When He Was Told Of Akpabio's Defection To APC(photo) / Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by kick(f): 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
Proudly Igbo..... Where is Wole Soyinka....is he still alive.... Why the suddenly mute from him....tell him I still remember that Green Card o.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by hammer6: 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
Very Good, Afonja be doing too much, dey think Igbos follow dem carry dirty Nigeria for head like Bigots.

She is a British Igbo. Nationality British, Ethnicity Igbo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Abagworo(m): 6:04pm On Jul 04, 2017
cjrane:
EXACTLY!

If she were in Nigeria and answering "Onwurah" would Fulani ever let her get near anything useful in Nigeria?

The same Nigeria that oppress her people citizenship rights will always try to use you and launder it's dirty reputation through your hardwork.

People should start saying openly they are not from the zoo.

So she's better than Akon. She loses respect once she denies her root and color.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by thunderbabs: 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
See hw d woman yawa Madan Dabiri.....una no go stay una lane...u see a nigerian name doing well outsyd d country, you will be quick to associate ursef wit em......

If Nigeria had been well developed competing with the likes of d US in terms of infrastructures, standard of living, and technology, who wld be clamourin to travel out for greener pasture.....At least, just a few.

Why una no dey congratulate doz wey carry cocaine n arrested in different countries of d world....

I like dt MP for throwing it back at her face....Nonsense

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by hammer6: 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
Abagworo:

So she's better than Akon. She loses respect once she denies her root and color.

She has a right to determine her nationality and she has chosen Britain.

However, she remains ethnic Igbo.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by ameri9ja: 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Nigerian government sent congratulatory message to a Chief of Police in NY (or NJ, I cant recall). A lady also of Nigerian background but American citizen. Her responsibility and patriotism is American, not Nigerian. She received it well and even made it public with pride.

Go and read the story of Dehinde Fernandez, he is passed now. A man that served as diplomat and official for different foreign governments but yet proud of his roots.

So whats the big deal of Onwura being a member of British Parliament? She doesnt need to diss congratulatory message from Nigeria. She is a leader of society and leaders are calculating and tactful in diplomatic relations, not arrogant and dissmisive. C'mon!

She said the simple truth. But as a 9ja u r so used to lies and corruption. Don't call her 9ja, that's wrong. Say she is of 9ja heritage

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by hammer6: 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
ameri9ja:

She said the simple truth. But as a 9ja u r so used to lies and corruption. Don't call her 9ja that's wrong. Say she is of 9ja heritage

Her heritage is Igbo.

Chi Onwurah is an Igbo name and Igbo word.

Igbo is the only ethnic group she has, unless she is mix maybe Irish or Scottish.

Nationality changes but ethnicity remains the same.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by winterfell007(m): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2017
EzeUche:
Why should she claim Nigeria?

She is considered 5% and her people are blamed for everything.

I bet she would claim Biafran if given a chance.

No Igbo wants to be associated with Nigeria.

I'm igbo I pride myself as a Nigerian anytime anyday.
Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by famzynet: 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
ozowarac:
I love that response, even me am not a Nigeria and I don't want to get associated with Nigeria.
Am an African and a Biafran by birth.

Hahahahaha. This guy na confirmed comedian. Omoo! There is nothing to be proud of being a nigerian. Buhari don make people dey dissociate from Nigeria. If Nigeria break up na Buhari cause am with his dictatorship and hardship on Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by hammer6: 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
winterfell007:

Is Nigeria proud of u though? They call u names and prepared to murder u at the drop of a hat for being of Igbo ethnic stock.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by shine12: 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2017
Caseless:
Even obama did not deny kenya.
Who's that fool?

Obama is an American that's in touch with his paternal heritage. A kenyan man can never become the commander in chief of the USA.He must be American

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by ivolt: 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2017
Caseless:
Even obama did not deny kenya.
Who's that fool?

Obama didn't deny that his father was kenyan.
But he personally never claimed to be a kenyan.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by hammer6: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
ivolt:

Obama didn't deny that his father was kenyan.
But he personally never claimed to be a kenyan.

Let us not forget that Obama is mixed.

Meaning their are other ethnic tribe in him aside that of Kenya.

The white side is American and dat was where he was born and raised.

Do u claim something that u did not nurture as yours?

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by famzynet: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
ozowarac:
I love that response, even me am not a Nigeria and I don't want to get associated with Nigeria.
Am an African and a Biafran by birth.

Hahahaha. This guy na confirmed comedian. Omoo! There is nothing to be proud of being a nigerian. Buhari don make people dey dissociate from Nigeria. If Nigeria break up na Buhari cause am with his dictatorship and hardship on Nigerians.
Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
Nationality = British
Ethnicity = Igbo (NIGERIAN)

Therefore we the Nigerians claim her!
Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by ivolt: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
I blame bloggers for appropriating the achievement of non-Nigerian citizens.
Sadly, many Nairalanders were also gloating over a success they were not a part.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by eagleeye2: 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
Ouch!!!! Abike must be feeling like a foool now.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by hammer6: 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
NubiLove:
Nationality = British
Ethnicity = Igbo (NIGERIAN)

Therefore we the Nigerians claim her!

Biafra

fixed!

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by ivolt: 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
hammer6:

Let us not forget that Obama is mixed.

Meaning their are other ethnic tribe in him aside that of Kenya.

The white side is American and dat was where he was born and raised.

Do u claim something that u did not nurture as yours?

I don't understand your question, I corrected the guy who thought
Obama was a kenyan.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by redsun(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
It takes a crooked,unproductive,greedy,and selfish mind to be a true nigerian in public service. She is a british born and bred that thinks rationally. Her interest in politics is not to decimate the public coffers,but to see how she can contribute to the betterment of her community and uk society in general.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by hammer6: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
cjrane:
EXACTLY!

If she were in Nigeria and answering "Onwurah" would Fulani ever let her get near anything useful in Nigeria?

The same Nigeria that oppress her people citizenship rights will always try to use you and launder it's dirty reputation through your hardwork.

God bless u for this contribution.

This one dat use Nigeria flag to sew cloth did dey not sack her becos she is Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by agrovick(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2017

Recall that Dabiri Erewa in her congratulatory letter addressed to the Chinyelu Onwurah and 6 other British-Nigerians elected to the UK parliament, claimed that their "electoral victory shows that Nigerians excel anywhere in the world.

To the nanamus on the first page insinuating the govt is only trying to take credit, do yourselves a favor and read the quoted slowly especially the bold
Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Nonaira1: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
My sister I don't blame you
I've disassociated myself from Nigeria long time alone. I tell people I'm igbo American whenever I'm asked where I'm from. My claim to Africa would return the day biafra is actualized. There's nothing about Niggeria to be proud of

My sister I do not Blame you at all!!!!!!!!
You are indeed British, not Nigerian.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by GuntersChain(m): 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
what a shame, when you tag her people as 5per cent.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by cumbak60: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
TimeMod1:
You will agree with me unequivocally that Igbos are the bane of themselves, won't you?.
This was the same Abike Dabiri who was far more vocal during the xenophobic attacks largely targeted against a great population of Igbos in SA, sending shivers down the spines of the SA's govt through strong worded warnings regardless of the docility & sheer incompetence of Geofferey Onyeama.
And now the same woman and the government she represents have turned an object of ridicule. .

Please, No one should cry for the Igbos, No one.
Nigerians and their brains.... Lord have mercy. The action of a woman now translate to the action of more than 18 million people. Nna'eh. You guys are the pure definition of robotic racist faculty. Racism at its peak. cry

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Lightening: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
TimeMod1:
You will agree with me unequivocally that Igbos are the bane of themselves, won't you?.
This was the same Abike Dabiri who was far more vocal during the xenophobic attacks largely targeted against a great population of Igbos in SA, sending shivers down the spines of the SA's govt through strong worded warnings regardless of the docility & sheer incompetence of Geofferey Onyeama.
And now the same woman and the government she represents have turned an object of ridicule. .

Please, No one should cry for the Igbos, No one.

Cry for the Ibos? We don't cry nor need to be cried for because we always win.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
Biafra is not yet a country... so it is NIGERIA.

hammer6:

Biafra

fixed!
Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by EzeUche(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
winterfell007:

You are just one Igbo out of thousands who do not want to be Nigerian.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Aragon: 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
Kathmandu:
Abike should face Nigerians in diaspora that have not renounced their citizenship because the lady can't associate
With another country since her constituents are British.

Renounced Kini? We aint renouncing nada. Nigerian/Dutch! If possible I go collect a 3rd one self if dem gimme lol.. As long as my Naija Kpali is still Valid no shaking
Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by sshalom(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
cjrane:
EXACTLY!

And where are you currently resident?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by EzeUche(m): 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2017
This is similar to Jidenna who said he is Igbo American.

Can you blame them?

12 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by ShootToKill: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2017
Only foools wants to associate with the failed zoo.
cheesy grin

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Kicks Off Repair Works At Road Damaged By Landslide In Aba (Photos) / 2023: I Would Have Arrested Peter Obi - El-Rufai / Kenyan Government Involvement In Arrest, Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.