Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,121 members, 7,842,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message (47125 Views)

Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament / See Saraki's Reaction When He Was Told Of Akpabio's Defection To APC(photo) / Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
Blue3k:

Maybe it's not like we don't elect females.

Go through our female senators/first ladies/governors wives/ministers/heads of parastatals/heads of Mda's.. nothing tangible from any of them... its either:

They are sharing food to poor pupils or they are going for a party...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by EzeUche(m): 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
Why should she claim Nigeria?

She is considered 5% and her people are blamed for everything.

I bet she would claim Biafran if given a chance.

No Igbo wants to be associated with Nigeria.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by attackgat: 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
EzeUche:
Why should she claim Nigeria?

She is considered 5% and her people are blamed for everything.

I bet she would claim Biafran if given a chance.

No Igbo wants to be associated with Nigeria.

Thats true. She never denied her Igbo heritage, she denied being a Nigerian.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Carlmax(m): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2017
I am not Nigerian, I am Biafran!!! Yeah I said it...

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by labake1(f): 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
Her business her problem
Let me relax

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by ugosonics: 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
Ok oo

Check my signature for cheap data plan

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
Kathmandu:
Can we now rest.

I don't blame her because if I'm in her shoes i will do same. What's the essence of associating with a Country that boast of oil wealth whose President has become a comic relief when jokes are made after he made London is Permanent home still clinging on to power.

What a sarcastic undertone....you're hilarious... what's with the moniker?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by loomer: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
attackgat:
I dont blame her. Who wants to be associated with a failed entity?

Keep quiet, you know her before?

If not for say she win election una for associate una self with her?
Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
lol no be small denial.....

but come to think of it

Who would want to identify with Nigeria?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by belindar: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
Yes that's correct. She is not a Nigerian. Abike is just trying to be relevant. If the lady in question wants to contest for election in Nigeria, will they allow her to even go to pry not to talk of winning.

Abike your mouth is smelling

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by ChiefSweetus: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
Abike Dabiri is the greatest let-down in modern political and moral history!
Honestly, a (wo)man's true character is revealed not when s/he has nothing, but when s/he has everything. The compassionate NTA Abike died long ago. This politically-exposed fiend is an embarrassment unto herself and those that held her in high esteem!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by InvertedHammer: 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
/

She is a Biafran....not a Nigerian.

Don't you get that?

\

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by jashar(f): 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
But what has Nigeria contributed to her life sef?

Would you blame her?

But she vex gan ooo....
grin grin grin grin

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by juman(m): 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
attackgat:
I dont blame her. Who wants to be associated with a failed entity?
Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Kobicove(m): 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
Given a choice who would want to stand with a country where corruption is celebrated?! undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by kenny987(f): 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
MayorofLagos:
Im not surprised. The Ibo arrogance has nothing to do with environment, its genetic.

And beautiful to behold! However if refusing to identify with this cesspit of failure called Nigeria is arrogance to you then you never start.

Abike and co should concentrate on making Nigeria a place that engenders equity and excellence and not forming attachment with those that have excelled in other lands made conducive for merit and which rewards hardwork.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
ozowarac:
I love that response, even me am not a Nigeria and I don't want to get associated with Nigeria.
Am an African and a Biafran by birth.

SENSE fall on u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by DaPuncline: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
She's not Nigerian, we expired 2014
were you not the one supporting saraki the other time ?
Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by victorazy(m): 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
Your a Biafran baby

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by TimeMod1: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
Kathmandu:
Abike should face Nigerians in diaspora that have not renounced their citizenship because the lady can't associate
With another country since her constituents are British.
Agumbaa:
Abike Dabiri right now.
SalamRushdie:

It has nothing to do with any arrogance please ..That woman has said the plain truth and you are calling it arrogance..Are you not tired of Nigerian govt trying to always take credit for things they don't have an input in ?..there are 170 million Nigerians wallowing in hopelessness and it's better the govt channels it's goodwill there instead of spreading it where it's not needed
You will agree with me unequivocally that Igbos are the bane of themselves, won't you?.
This was the same Abike Dabiri who was far more vocal during the xenophobic attacks largely targeted against a great population of Igbos in SA, sending shivers down the spines of the SA's govt through strong worded warnings regardless of the docility & sheer incompetence of Geofferey Onyeama.
And now the same woman and the government she represents have turned an object of ridicule. .

Please, No one should cry for the Igbos, No one.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by KKKWHITE(m): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
we are not Nigerians we are Biafrans

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by grandstar(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
I once met an Igbo girl that grew up in Cameroon. There were zero Igbo mannerism in her.

She was Igbo on the outside but her soul was Cameroonian.

Onwurah's soul likewise is British!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by sunnyeinstein(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:

It has nothing to do with any arrogance please ..That woman has said the plain truth and you are calling it arrogance..Are you not tired of Nigerian govt trying to always take credit for things they don't have an input in ?..there are 170 million Nigerians wallowing in hopelessness and it's better the govt channels it's goodwill there instead of spreading it where it's not needed

I am neither from the east nor from the west but I am Nigerian and i say this boldly with all my heart: GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS, AMEN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by victorazy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
Your a Biafrann baby

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by SalamRushdie: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Nigerian government sent congratulatory message to a Chief of Police in NY (or NJ, I cant recall). A lady also of Nigerian background but American citizen. Her responsibility and patriotism is American, not Nigerian. She received it well and even made it public with pride.

Go and read the story of Dehinde Fernandez, he is passed now. A man that served as diplomat and official for different foreign governments but yet proud of his roots.

So whats the big deal of Onwura being a member of British Parliament? She doesnt need to diss congratulatory message from Nigeria. She is a leader of society and leaders are calculating and tactful in diplomatic relations, not arrogant and dissmisive. C'mon!

Yes there are better ways she could have handled it I must say

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
TimeMod1:
You will agree with me unequivocally that Igbos are the bane of themselves, won't you?.
This was the same Abike Dabiri who was far more vocal during the xenophobic attacks largely targeted against a great population of Igbos in SA, sending shivers down the spines of the SA's govt through strong worded warnings regardless of the docility & sheer incompetence of Geofferey Onyeama.
And now the same woman and the government she represents have turned an object of ridicule. .

Please, No one should cry for the Igbos, No one.
You had to remind us that you have used up the 20MB of sense shared during the last Friday jumaat service.

Relax, you wil start talking Normal when the next byte of sense will be shared this Friday

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by DaPuncline: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
ChiefSweetus:
Abike Dabiri is the greatest let-down in modern political and moral history!
Honestly, a (wo)man's true character is revealed not when s/he has nothing, but when s/he has everything. The compassionate NTA Abike died long ago. This politically-exposed fiend is an embarrassment unto herself and those that held her in high esteem!
How is she a let-down? is it wrong to congratulate her as the SSA on diaspora ? Are you alright?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by SmartyPants(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
The point simple is, how can you expect the holder of a political office in one country to be proud of being associated with another? That sends a message to the people who voted you in that you do not consider yourself one of them, but rather an outsider trying to take their place.

This Dabiri woman did not try at all!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by tete7000(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
They want to begin to cause unnecessary division and distraction in another man's land.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by ameri9ja: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
Caseless:
Even obama did not deny kenya.
Who's that fool?

Nobody ever called Obama a Kenyan

8 Likes

Re: I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message by DaPuncline: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
belindar:
Yes that correct. She is not a Nigerian. Abike is just trying to be relevant. If the lady in question wants to contest for election in Nigeria, will they allow to even go to pry not to talk of winning.

Abike your mouth is smelling
Are the likes of stella oduah, uche ekwunife, Nnenna-Ukeje not in the parliament? Is your brain paining you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR / Governor Okorocha Gives $25,000 To Miracle, BBNaija Winner. Fulfills Promise / Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.