Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble (31166 Views)

ProForce Begins Production Of Bullion Vans In Nigeria / ET950DC Trusted Small Portable Gasoline Generator!! / 2017 Nissan Rogue Hybrid: A Gasoline-electric Sibling Joins The Lineup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Ralphdan(m): 10:39am On Jul 05, 2017
This is the best news I have heard this week.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Ralphdan(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2017
ademoladeji:

If dem Biafra catch you ehn?

Lol
Biafrans target is freedom to industrialise not that much on oil.
Go to SE there you will see what is meant by local industries.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by kingyang: 10:43am On Jul 05, 2017
mgbadike81:
we don't sell gas and instead we flare it away, besides i think world design for gas is also falling drastically because of technological advancements.
we sale gas my dear. go to Bonny and see with your eyes. it's the boil off gas we flare away which we can also use for gas turbine and other heating purpose.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by ehinmowo: 10:43am On Jul 05, 2017
we will end up drinking our oil

in other news visit cawid.com and register to experience cool social media experience

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by jantavanta(m): 10:44am On Jul 05, 2017
Electric vehicles are heavily subsidized and only for the super rich.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Ralphdan(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2017
allrightsir:
all these people who keep talking about electric vehicles forget that these vehicles are charged with electricity from the grid and fossil fuels in the form of natural gas and diesel will still form the basis of fuel for the power plants that feed the grid

That's true to some extent but what happend to solar power,wind energy
Majority of nigerian oil is consumed through the use of vehicles around the world.
This is not a good news for Nigeria .

3 Likes

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2017
buchilino:
I DON'T THINK NIGERIA WILL SUFFER JUST YET. PRODUCTION OF PETROL 4 CARS WILL STOP, BUT LIQUID GAS PRODUCTION WILL START. N I HEARD DAT NIGERIA HAS MASSIVE QUANTITIES OF LIQUID GAS. UNFORTUNATELY 4 ND PPLE, DER PROBLEM ISN'T GOING AWAY VERY SOON.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by peacemara54(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2017
We supply quality honey, unadulterated, raw from the bees. We suppply to states in nigeria
Call/whatsapp....my signature

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Benekruku(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2017
Projection!

Gasoline cars won't go into extinction!

It still will past 50years from now! It's a media diversion to diverse oil producing countries.

Same was said for 2nd Generation in telecoms and it still has past 20years ahead.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Gwan2(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2017
Exactly...even though it might not be exactly true but this is what we expect from our so called academicians. Task your mental box, forecast, do an empirical analysis, back it up with proves and evidences...present it to the public with a likely solution attached...
Then we will respect the educational system and its stakeholders, not busy witch hunting students, sexually harassing students, busy sitting on students destinies because they exhibit potentials of surpassing the grade u had when u were likewise a student undecided

1 Like

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Ralphdan(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2017
jantavanta:
Electric vehicles are heavily subsidized and only for the super rich.

Really?
Go and research more.
These new once are to be cheaper than gasoline vehicles.

Also go and get the meaning of subsidised .
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by prettyboi1(m): 10:51am On Jul 05, 2017
Lol. When people still drive old Datsun cars (maybe 1970 something models) in this country, how is this anything to give Nigeria reasons to panic over?

Does Datsun still exist?

If they stop producing petrol-run cars in the next 8 years, I don't see how much that will affect Nigeria.

Based on what I know, the petrol-run cars will be shipped down to this side & life will continue. Nothing to panic about besides the fact that we are taking last too much on this side of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by ademoladeji(m): 10:53am On Jul 05, 2017
Ralphdan:

Lol
Biafrans target is freedom to industrialise not that much on oil.
Go to SE there you will see what is meant by local industries.

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2017
nextprince:

No energy source beats fossil fuel in terms of flexibility and affordability.
Science is yet to make the breakthrough of discovering an alternative energy source competitive with fossil fuel.
you might be thinking the breakthrough is not here yet but the thing is its right in your front. Most world's energy companies know the time of fossil fuel is short. It will be around, but will it be the competition. Shell is investing massively in hydrogen as fuel, Total in solar. Exxon Mobil just made a breakthrough in biofuel using algae. Just last month I read china's breakthrough in offshore solar. Kachikwu said, Nigeria's oil will dry by 2030, that's a lie. He knows oil will not be as competitive as we think in short time, he didn't want to come discouraging. Thats why you see even many of the indigenous companies are focusing more on gas. Gas might be around for a while.

2 Likes

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Jaydenjohnson(m): 10:54am On Jul 05, 2017
sagaxity:
I doubt this claim though self driving cars are still in the growing...not enough to even take a 10% share of petrol vehicles in 8 years time......its just his ideology and he is selling it to the world..

I just don't believe it...

Have u heard of Tesla motors? Check it out.... D world is starting to leave d Computer age as a matter of fact we ve bin in the tech age for a while now nd we are now the nano tech age is setting in.... Nigeria is only way behind.... Hydrogen powered cars are almost here.... Nd we ve tesla.... Even d Hybrids would soon be come history.....
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 05, 2017
prettyboi1:
Lol. When people still drive old Datsun cars (maybe 1970 something models) in this country, how is this anything to give Nigeria reasons to panic over?

Does Datsun still exist?

If they stop producing petrol-run cars in the next 8 years, I don't see how much that will affect Nigeria.

Based on what I know, the petrol-run cars will be shipped down to this side & life will continue. Nothing to panic about besides the fact that we are taking last too much on this side of the world.
Nigeria will not make money from crude oil sale. It becomes available like water. Well then the people driving Datsun will be driving range because petrol cars become cheaper.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by otunbabrown: 10:56am On Jul 05, 2017
Serious countries would start searching for solutions but in naija we are searching for our missing President.

1 Like

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Pamelayoung: 10:57am On Jul 05, 2017
Nice one! The future is gonna be great can't wait for that time. Some jobs are gradually going into extinction
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by nextprince: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2017
majekdom2:
you might be thinking the breakthrough is not here yet but the thing is its right in your front. Most world's energy companies know the time of fossil fuel is short. It will be around, but will it be the competition. Shell is investing massively in hydrogen as fuel, Total in solar. Exxon Mobil just made a breakthrough in biofuel using algae. Just last month I read china's breakthrough in offshore solar. Kachikwu said, Nigeria's oil will dry by 2030, that's a lie. He knows oil will not be as competitive as we think in short time, he didn't want to come discouraging. Thats why you see even many of the indigenous companies are focusing more on gas. Gas might be around for a while.
I agree all these discoveries are there, but the most important edge fossil fuel has over the rest is flexibility and affordability. None of these energy sources are as flexible and most importantly as affordable as fossil fuel.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by ninetiethcrown7(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2017
all this is horseshit... before third world countries implement this innovation it would take another 10-15 years after 2025, the billions of already existing petrol cars would need a lot of time before they can be scrapped. lastly, it would take another couple of years before driverless cars gain the consumers trust because most people in the world at the moment are not too keen on being driven in a car without a driver, and i shouldnt even mention the sentimentality aspect of all this.

anyways im awaiting this change and how big the impact would be in the future of technological transportation, hopefully all this would be a gimmick and ill be back to driving my 6.3L V8 mercerdes-benz E63 AMG 2025 edition (God please bless me by then).
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 05, 2017
allrightsir:
all these people who keep talking about electric vehicles forget that these vehicles are charged with electricity from the grid and fossil fuels in the form of natural gas and diesel will still form the basis of fuel for the power plants that feed the grid
there is hydrogen fuel, read on that. What happens to the roof of your car having solar and in retun tapping into the energy to move you car. Anything is possible brother.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 05, 2017
Benekruku:
Projection!

Gasoline cars won't go into extinction!

It still will past 50years from now! It's a media diversion to diverse oil producing countries.

Same was said for 2nd Generation in telecoms and it still has past 20years ahead.
key thing is adaptation. If they have told you, your will be comunicating over the internet with your phone 15 years ago, would you have believed? These days we use our phones for internet, videos and many more rather than its purpose of talking. If the mobile companies never adpated they would have gone into extinction. Technology is interwoven. As one develops, the other has got to adapt o die.

1 Like

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Jaydenjohnson(m): 11:02am On Jul 05, 2017
prettyboi1:

Does Datsun still exist?

U should learn to think out side the box..... Nigeria economy is basically surviving on oil sold to way more advanced countries .... And now this countries re using tesla motors, Hydrogen powered cars and the rest how long do u think it would take before they would need our oil no more.... U go drink d crude oil...
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by judgedredd22(m): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2017
torres89:
anybody that doubts this is a big fool

ask yourself​ one question

the phone on your hands right now

did you ever imagine a device like that with you 10 years ago

did you ever think things like solar panels and led TV will be in place now

wake up Nigeria !!!

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Pamelayoung: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2017
peacemara54:
We supply quality honey, unadulterated, raw from the bees. We suppply to states in nigeria

Please give me small na make I taste
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Benekruku(m): 11:05am On Jul 05, 2017
majekdom2:
key thing is adaptation. If they have told you, your will be comunicating over the internet with your phone 15 years ago, would you have believed? These days we use our phones for internet, videos and many more rather than its purpose of talking. If the mobile companies never adpated they would have gone into extinction. Technology is interwoven. As one develops, the other has got to adapt o die.

You re right....! But Gasoline cars won't go into extinction 15years from now.

2025 is not a feasible projection!
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 05, 2017
nextprince:

I agree all these discoveries are there, but the most important edge fossil fuel has over the rest is flexibility and affordability. None of these energy sources are as flexible and most importantly as affordable as fossil fuel.
it's only solar that's quite expensive. Read on hydrogen and the algae technology. The price of oil is very important to make it flexible as you have said. Presently, technology has made it possible to extract oil from where it wasn't possible ten years ago. Oil is everywhere now. It's loosing it's value by the day. Oil itself becomes unprofitable for explorers when it goes beyond a price. It is possible to control the price now given that it's still the cheapest. What happens when other means become competitive. It will crash to the last.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by judgedredd22(m): 11:10am On Jul 05, 2017
Jaydenjohnson:

U should learn to think out side the box..... Nigeria economy is basically surviving on oil sold to way more advanced countries .... And now this countries re using tesla motors, Hydrogen powered cars and the rest how long do u think it would take before they would need our oil no more.... U go drink d crude oil...

don't mind the average ignorant nigerian. they have not asked themselves why oil price is low and getting lower.
the demand for oil has been dwindling for the past fifteen years.

a lot of people don't read.

they should go and read this book (written in 2005) i bought my own copy in 2007

that economist edition was in 2003

1 Like

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by judgedredd22(m): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2017
peacemara54:

i hope you have good supply quantity. will call you soon... biz dey ground!
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Jaqenhghar: 11:11am On Jul 05, 2017
SmartMugu:
This is just a futuristic view that will take decades to come to past.
Nigerians will not feel it. Where is the electricity to power electric cars in Nigeria? What will car owners do with their current cars? Dispose them?
Even around Nigeria's oil exports, several nations around the world including the mentioned ones will still need gasoline for at least the next 2 to 3 decades.
The world?
your world you mean
By your world I mean Nigeria and other fourth world societies where electricity and the internet is a luxury
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 05, 2017
abumeinben:
By 2025, would have changed my citizenship status to Canadian.

Like I always say, the era of oil is over. The era of datais here.

Traitor, Third class canadian citizen

Am proudly Nigerian. we shall fix this country once we eliminate traitors like you & kill all corrupt politicians

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lexus Rx 330 04/05...very Cheap ( Cotonou Clean Cars) / Carguideng And The Toyota Sienna's / Lies From Car Dealers! BUYERS BEWARE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.