Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble (31163 Views)

ProForce Begins Production Of Bullion Vans In Nigeria / ET950DC Trusted Small Portable Gasoline Generator!! / 2017 Nissan Rogue Hybrid: A Gasoline-electric Sibling Joins The Lineup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by abumeinben(m): 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

who programming help

Forget that talk, Crude oil mining hasn't even reached 100 years ...... coal has not been phased out, talk more of crude oil

Choi shocked

Nawa to you o. Oya go use coal power your moto na.

Nor be Programming gee you phone way u dey press o, wet you take they disturb those matta for street? grin
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
mgbadike81:
and buhari is still wasting billions of borrowed money searching for oil in the north.
lol
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by tealaw(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
Quote me in 8 years time. Fairytales!
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2017
abumeinben:

Choi shocked

Nawa to you o. Oya go use coal power your moto na.

Nor be Programming gee you phone way u dey press o, wet you take they disturb those matta for street? grin

it still as confused as u were.

Coal which is Methuselah is still around for over 400 years n man still depends on it (over 40% or possibly more than half of electrical energy produced worldwide comes from coal) ........ Talk more of Sweet Crude.

U never carry ur prepaid metre charge car, na why u de yarn opata
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Hahnemann: 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
Lol

Buhari is wasting billion searching for oil in the north

Lwkmd
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by abumeinben(m): 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

it still as confused as u were.

Coal which is Methuselah is still around for over 400 years n man still depends on it (over 40% or possibly more than half of electrical energy produced worldwide comes from coal) ........ Talk more of Sweet Crude.

U never carry ur prepaid metre charge car, na why u de yarn opata

You're missing a point here bruh.

When we say it's the end of oil era, we mean oil is going back stage as is coal. Major revenue would be from technology. Yes I need coal, natural gas and petroleum to run turbines at power plant, however, alternatives are coming in gradually. Oil isn't going to ground zero, it's influence would drop.

Okwaya?

1 Like

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
abumeinben:

See you, you first class citizen dey receive panadol for London. When you fix it, call me.

I rather be a king in my own country than a trash in anothers
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by salford1: 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
Oblitz:
we don't even have electricity to power light bulbs, what will now happen to us when all cars depend on electricity to move?
leave matter for Mathias, gas would still be used to fire power plants and produce electricity since demand for electricity would increase. petroleum products would still be relevant.
The article did not say it wont be relevant. The demand for oil would eventually become very low; hence the price might fall to under $20 a barrel.

e.g Norway is banning sale of gasoline cars by 2025. Expect other advance economy to do same. Electric car charging station are akready being built all over Europe.

And Gas can be extraxted while crude is left in the ground or not dug (if oil sands).
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Kylce042(m): 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
it is very simple if they stop producing petro driven cars then we don't buy electronic driven cars. I mean the market there in Europe is very competitive and that means less buyers and low profit as well. if only the oil producing countries can opt their game. they can't do without the lagger final consumers
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by abumeinben(m): 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
Jiang:

I rather be a king in my own country than a trash in anothers

Ok.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by vannessa7(f): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
prettyboi1:

Lol.....wishes are different from reality. You think if I could 'wish', Nigeria won't be a better country? Going by your wishes, it's freaking 2017 & yet a simple thing as us having steady electricity still feels like rocket science. Do you not provide light for yourself by buying fuel in your generator? Is that what you should be doing if things were working right in the country? NO! but you & millions of Nigerians are doing it & have taken it to be normal.
Do you have good health care services? Even if you have, millions of the population don't & everyone's living like it's normal...cos it has become normal & the earth has not fallen.
The Paris climate accord signed by several countries in 2015, serious countries have ways to regulate their carbon emissions & test vehicles for these emissions with a target year to have a target percentage achieved. Nigeria is a signatory (lip-service) to that accord & nothing serious is being done on ground & it's all normal & even YOU are living without a care of it cos the environment has made it normal.
Now, you're coming to tell me ' if I don't have an idea of what's being discussed' I should forget it. grin
20 years from now, if you're still in this country, I can guarantee you that you'd still be driving a petrol-run car & the heavens won't fall. You know why? The environment would see it as normal.
I repeat, be realistic!

A country like the U.S. for instance, even folks in their 20s have probably never seen a manual-transmission car talk less of driving it yet there are still manual-transmission vehicles all over Nigeria today in great numbers. You know why? Countries like U.S. discarded those cars & Nigerians embraced them. That's exactly how its going to be for a long time till we realize we're ' carrying' last.

So stop acting like in 8 years time, Nigeria will be shut down cos western & Asian countries will stop making petrol-run cars. It's a cycle we've seen over & over before & nothing will change until we change ourselves, our environment & our thinking. Till then, my friend....I've told you that the heavens will not fall in 8 years time cos Nigerians have built a 'cycle of norm'. Be realistic!

I think what the guy is trying to tell you in simple English is that the demand for our crude oil will drop to almost zero because our customers buying the oil I. e the developed nations will be using electric cars, hydrogen powered cars and biofuel cars and since Nigeria rely heavily on the income from crude oil export it will affect our economy, the only good thing is that fuel will be very cheap in Nigeria since nobody is buying from us again so those cars you said will be imported to Nigeria will enjoy cheap fuel and petrol cars will be cheap too as its being phased out.
actually I think it's a welcome development because when I was in university I remember an economic course I took structure of Nigeria economy, we were taught that Nigeria is backward partly because of the discovery of crude oil as most countries with crude oil always are underdeveloped because they rely on crude oil and ignore developing other area of the economy.

1 Like

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by salford1: 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
Kylce042:
it is very simple if they stop producing petro driven cars then we don't buy electronic driven cars. I mean the market there in Europe is very competitive and that means less buyers and low profit as well. if only the oil producing countries can opt their game. they can't do without the lagger final consumers

37% of cars in norway are already electric vehicles. People are buying it.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by salford1: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
vannessa7:

I think what the guy is trying to tell you in simple English is that the demand for our crude oil will drop to almost zero because our customers buying the oil I. e the developed nations will be using electric cars, hydrogen powered cars and biofuel cars and since Nigeria rely heavily on the income from crude oil export it will affect our economy, the only good thing is that fuel will be very cheap in Nigeria since nobody is buying from us again so those cars you said will be imported to Nigeria will enjoy cheap fuel and petrol cars will be cheap too as its being phased out.
actually I think it's a welcome development because when I was in university I remember an economic course I took structure of Nigeria economy, we were taught that Nigeria is backward partly because of the discovery of crude oil as most countries with crude oil always are underdeveloped because they rely on crude oil and ignore developing other area of the economy.
You are right, bu cheap petrol cars wont be here for long though. Advanced economies mass produce the parts; hence reason why they are cheap at the moment. Once the demand for gasoline cars drops in EU and America..(these are the economies that drive the sales of new cars), parts for gasoline cars wont be mass produced anymore, so it would be more expensive to buy the parts.

1 Like

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by jayaim: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
The world has moved on since. Thank God i own my economy and bank, cryptocurrency is the new wealth/ oil.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by tabisegroup(m): 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
kaluxy007:
1 useless man like dat
grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
I no der diaaa o
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Slurity(m): 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2017
BIAFRA IN TROUBLE NOT NIGERIA
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Culin(f): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
In 8 years time? No problem, by then I'd have made enough money to run abroad with my family.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by iaatmguy(m): 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
EazyMoh:
Na lie! What are they going to use to generate the power that will charge the electric cars?
gas
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by hustla(m): 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
I think Volkswagens own is 2019
Saw it on CNN just now
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by akigbemaru: 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by akigbemaru: 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
honesttalk21:
One of the overwhelming facts about electric transportation is the chicken and egg phenomenon. Supposedly, a lot of electric vehicles will create an incentive to create a lot of expensive infrastructure. There are a lot of reasons why none of the goals can be met for such an infrastructure. The basic problem is that electricity will never be appropriate for such demanding use as general transportation, which means there will never be enough chickens or eggs to balance the demand. It's like trying to improve a backpack to such an extent that it will replace a pickup truck. The limitations of muscle metabolism are like the limitations of electrical energy.
What’s often forgotten in the discussion about oil demand is that passenger cars present only 20 percent of global oil demand:
Analyzing oil demand by focusing solely on 20 percent of the market is bound to yield misleading results. Oil demand is driven by a myriad of structural factors most of which are tied to industrialization, global commerce, improving living standards and marine, air and truck transport. These forces are not subject to speculation on EV penetration. Statoil, by far the most conservative forecaster of future oil demand and the oil major most bullish on EV penetration (17 percent of the global car fleet by 2030) still expects oil demand to reach 106 million by 2030. Specifically referring to non-transport oil demand, Statoil states:

Given the outlook of decelerating oil demand growth in the transport sector, the non-energy sector, where petro-chemicals represent the lion’s share, becomes the most rapid growing sector for oil. Demand growth for petrochemical products is expected to remain high and the potential for energy efficiency is relatively limited. Therefore, demand for petrochemical feedstock rises steadily, from 15 mbd in 2015 to about 24-27 mbd by 2040, dependent on the scenario.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by CARBONY500: 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
If dem like, make dem switch to AIR, NIGERIA get enough AIR but our problem willl lie in mismanagement of what GOD has blessed us with...
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Ralphdan(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2017
te author=ademoladeji post=58144540][/quote]

U must have been smoking something
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
abumeinben:

You're missing a point here bruh.

When we say it's the end of oil era, we mean oil is going back stage as is coal. Major revenue would be from technology. Yes I need coal, natural gas and petroleum to run turbines at power plant, however, alternatives are coming in gradually. Oil isn't going to ground zero, it's influence would drop.

Okwaya?

It's coming gradually and will. arrive much much later. not 2025, not 2050.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by PDPGuy: 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
DJInfluence:
Dont see electric car becoming readily available for mass production in the next 20 years. How many Americans or Europeans can afford an electric car now? Morever, there are hardly any manufacturer that have an electric car that is meant for a family of 5 and above (The SUVs and bigger Limousins are still not available). At the moment, it is only Tesla that is driving the market and their cars are not cheap.

As much as there is no cause for alarm for now, we should start diversifying now before the world leaves up behind.

The car companies are working on making electric vehicles that can contain more than 3 people. Besides, within the next 15 years, the cheapest electric cars would sell for around $20,000, which will be affordable by most middle class Americans and Europeans.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by NothingDoMe: 3:50am On Jul 06, 2017
ItsMeAboki:
LOL, very soon all this our oyel mentality will soon die off.

Ppl falsely taking credit for producing the oil but in actuality doing nothing other than lazily sitting under the mango tree sipping Sapele water; while looking down on others and calling them parasites will they themselves soon become the next parasites, begging for unity much in the same way their next door noisy cousins are presently doing - karma is a b!tch, the greedy wicked trap catcher is going to be caught by his own trap.
I feel your pain.
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by sagaxity(m): 4:09am On Jul 06, 2017
Cursing and at same time trying to make a point is the greatest height of foolishness....

Now to your point raise: 10 years ago there were communication lines. Our more sophisticated iphone, bb, android et al were born out of innovations and the ability to make the phone an easy tool to man.

NOW COMPARE

Take a look at that piece again, peruse it carefully, it states with a tone of surety that EV will totally make extinct the likes of mercedez, toyota et al and crash oil price to $25/b... This is no innovation, this is like a new world order taking over the world in 8years time, when china the most populous can't boast of 1% now using EV and even the US who champions it can't boast of an 8% usage in its population. I want you to think how easy do you think this is...

Mind you, EV is a possibility but in 8 years time difficult to phantom how.

No cursing.....
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Exciton(m): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2017
Lol. We are arguing if it's possible in 8 years. Like it matters if it's 8 or 20, when it will most likely be a reality in 25-30.

It's like the current Naija youth are as useless as the older generation... those ones are confirmed failures.

The important fact is that the world is changing and we've gotta plan to acquire the required skill set, at least for the sake of our children.

I'm sure there's no place in the country currently into or have contributed anything of worth to the research in the fields of organic electronics, perovskite solar cells, energy storage, hydrogen generation, quantum computing, artificial intelligence etc. That's the future.

Naija universities and impostor academics just dey scam students and their parents. Especially those private ones collecting millions. Hehehe.

We're still heavily focused on getting those O&G jobs. Continue. Our children or children's children will be poor.

1 Like

Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Iamzik: 10:35am On Jul 06, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
Nations are innovating. Nigerians are still screaming down churches, searching for miracles. Not to mention our increasingly radicalised Muslim brothers. This country and this continent is headed for a very bleak future. On top the whole matter, we breed like rats and Nigeria's populations is projected to top 1 billion by 2100. Odikwa egwu ooo. The black man is a curse to the planet. grin

See how much Oyibo propaganda has made you hate yourself?!

You may speak for yourself. As for me and those reading, we are blessings to the planet
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Iamzik: 10:49am On Jul 06, 2017
Exciton:
Lol. We are arguing if it's possible in 8 years. Like it matters if it's 8 or 20, when it will most likely be a reality in 25-30.

It's like the current Naija youth are as useless as the older generation... those ones are confirmed failures.

The important fact is that the world is changing and we've gotta plan to acquire the required skill set, at least for the sake of our children.

I'm sure there's no place in the country currently into or have contributed anything of worth to the research in the fields of organic electronics, perovskite solar cells, energy storage, hydrogen generation, quantum computing, artificial intelligence etc. That's the future.

Naija universities and impostor academics just dey scam students and their parents. Especially those private ones collecting millions. Hehehe.

We're still heavily focused on getting those O&G jobs. Continue. Our children or children's children will be poor.

Correction sir.
Inventing electric cars will not automatically spell immediate doom for the oil and auto industry as some will like us to believe.

All these propaganda is based on the idea of global warming which is a Fraud. Even Al Gore is ashamed of himself today. Afterall he said by 2010 there will be no glaciers in the Antarctic. Well we are in 2017 and the rest is history.

Studies have show that the average achievable reduction in global temperature will not exceed one tenth of a degree by year 2100 even if we shut down all fosil fuel usage by cars and manufacturing industries today!

Government cannot legislate an innovative into law. Meanwhile there is an advanced research into technologies that can produce cars that consume less fuel with more efficiency. Hybrid cars are just an idea of what's to come. Manufacturers will not stop making petrol/diesel engines. Both electric and fuel engines will be made and consumers will choose for themselves.

So enough of all these doomsday prophesies. Let the technology evolve in its own
Re: Production Of Gasoline Cars Ends In 2025, Nigeria In Trouble by Exciton(m): 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
Iamzik:

Correction sir.
Inventing electric cars will not automatically spell immediate doom for the oil and auto industry as some will like us to believe.

All these propaganda is based on the idea of global warming which is a Fraud. Even Al Gore is ashamed of himself today. Afterall he said by 2010 there will be no glaciers in the Antarctic. Well we are in 2017 and the rest is history.

Studies have show that the average achievable reduction in global temperature will not exceed one tenth of a degree by year 2100 even if we shut down all fosil fuel usage by cars and manufacturing industries today!

Government cannot legislate an innovative into law. Meanwhile there is an advanced research into technologies that can produce cars that consume less fuel with more efficiency. Hybrid cars are just an idea of what's to come. Manufacturers will not stop making petrol/diesel engines. Both electric and fuel engines will be made and consumers will choose for themselves.

So enough of all these doomsday prophesies. Let the technology evolve in its own

I don't even know how to reply. Same reason I couldn't reply some other guy. I'll just comment on errors.

Paragraph 2 says global warming is a fraud while paragraph 3 talks about inevitable temp rise (based on studies from god knows where - citation needed).

I won't even bother to convince you that global warming is real or that fossil fuels are a major cause. Go and get good info online based on peer reviewed papers.

Paragraph 2 also talks about Al Gore like he's a Nobel prize winning scientist due to his great work on global warming. Lol.

Paragraph 4. I don't know it's purpose. Except the last 2 lines which I disagree with. Auto manufacturers will most likely discontinue production of petrol/deisel powered cars in the future primarily due to government regulations, associated subsidies, people's increased awareness and civil responsibility to keep the environment clean etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lexus Rx 330 04/05...very Cheap ( Cotonou Clean Cars) / Carguideng And The Toyota Sienna's / Lies From Car Dealers! BUYERS BEWARE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.