Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English (46012 Views)

Annie Idibia: 'I Am Proud Of My Scars & Stretch Marks' - Actress Replies Fan / Olakunle Churchill Replies Fan Who Asked If Tonto Dikeh Is Mad / Sophia Momodu Replies Fan Who Said Imade Looks Like Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by shadrach77: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2017
The fan is right. Carrying on with the Jenifa brand shows lack of creativity on her part. Can't you make yourself funny in other ways apart from speaking incorrect English all the time?

I don't even know why people still find it funny. Okay we all know Jenifa is a villager. What next ?

kiss undecided

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by abfalkolly(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2017
Phaanie:
Mr beam talks, one of those movies his name is jonny English
Bros so u dnt knw Jennifer speaks good English in other movies ?..haba!
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by opusingi: 9:46am On Jul 05, 2017
oubi:
Na so.. .
hushDOG
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2017
the truth of the matter is that , she can't speak correct fair English
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by abfalkolly(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2017
shadrach77:
The fan is right. Carrying on with the Jenifa brand shows lack of creativity on her part. Can't you make yourself funny in other ways apart from speaking incorrect English all the time?

I don't even know why people still find it funny. Okay we all know Jenifa is a villager. What next ?

kiss undecided
Baba forget creativity ooo,u dnt stop a moving horse...u wnt her2 bring in new xter(Jennifer wt good English) when she is still making her good cash cos of d xter Jennifer wt poor english"? Dt doesn't make any biz sense...I hope u knw she will stage-play dsame xter in US n Canada d's month?...okiee...oo

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by musicwriter(m): 10:18am On Jul 05, 2017
That's what western education does. It makes you look down on anything of African creation, it de-Africanizes you, makes you think anything African is inferior, it takes away true education from you, subverts your mind and makes you think the only world view is the western one. In fact, education is the modern way we worship white people today, not religion.

Ironically, if the language of Britain was Pidgin when they colonized Africa, we all would be speaking Pidgin with pride. The so called educated people totally not realizing their minds are under lock and someone is holding the key in Britain. This's why I've concluded intellectual slavery is the worst legacy of colonialism.
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by rukkyy: 10:23am On Jul 05, 2017
Nice reply. If she speak Good English then it won't be funny to us.

www.rukkysblog.com
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by NairalandAsasin(m): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2017
justi4jesu:

Just be happy for her, if you don't watch it, other people do. Haba undecided undecided

Check my signature and be wowed grin grin grin grin grin grin
Post ur picture maybe i can do business wit U
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by LeSulk(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2017
The guy is actually right. I know many Nigerians hate criticsms ,no matter how constructive it is.
The programme is actually a series so we ought to expect the character to actually evolve. Not really speaking good English but at least a passable one. Speaking poor English makes her seem like "a one-trick pony".

Btw, I find Jenifa to be quite interesting and funny. The "poor English" part lost its humour after the first few scenes.

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by modz: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2017
She's a role model to a lot of young people out there, it might be a great show, but glorifying bad English/illiteracy is a very bad idea. Personally I found it difficult to follow her speech patterns... incoherent to the max

carry on anyways, na Nigeria be this.
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by Amah91(m): 11:23am On Jul 05, 2017
The fact is that she speaks more than this people yabbing her
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by samtexfynx: 11:32am On Jul 05, 2017
k
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by ImaIma1(f): 11:47am On Jul 05, 2017
I know a lot of people enjoy the series but personally i dont find the character believable. The bad English sounds forced and unoriginal.I don't even find it funny so i don't bother watching.
Well...that's my own business. There are lots of people that love it.
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by MarieSucre(f): 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
damjane:
the show should end already, it has lost a lot of things which makes it interesting.
Like what and what?
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by snowblaq(f): 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
damjane:
the show should end already, it has lost a lot of things which makes it interesting.

..your own opinion.... Others have theirs.... It isn't a must to watch it.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by Gemc3(f): 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2017
Funny enough, I felt/feel the same way. I thought as the series progressed, she would improve a bit.
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by larrypourl(m): 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
[quote author=Wangxiao post=58140256][/quote]

I like seeing old pictures like this. grin
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by Hotshawarma(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
Typical nigerians ,they are good at teaching you how someone should do something meanwhile they cannot do anything and have no talent..
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by Basfaq(m): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
Onyinye15:
But where is Buhari :
Check your pocket. grin
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by luvlymabel: 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
whether she speaks good english or good yoruba is nobody's biz.
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by emelda86(f): 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2017
All this irrelevant mofos
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by uueieh7893oej: 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hello everyone, if you are punter and you are tired of losing your money to the bet companies, i bring y'all the opportunity to get back all you have lost today (05/07/2017).

Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by ItxAyce(m): 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nice reply..
It's not savage but matured and respectful.
More celebrities need to learn from this.
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by papae1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
VajanahDischaj:
define the word epic. Ona just dey useless the word because of nairaland. Let me even check the meaning myself.

Google is your friend buddy
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by OversightTM(m): 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
mikkybellami:
Abeg she Mr. Bean no talk for Johnny English ni?
Is johnny english not different from the original Bean series?
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by maclewis(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
Evablizin:
No way,i is not going to spark good engliss,minding your business there
...too dry...ogbe sad
Evablizin:
No way,i is not going to spark good engliss,minding your business there
...too dry...ogbe
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by seyoops4u: 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
damjane:
like what

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by seyoops4u: 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
Phaanie:
Mr beam talks, one of those movies his name is jonny English
Seems you didnt get the statement, Mr Bean talks in another movie not in Mr Bean (series itself)....
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by barallanee(f): 10:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Funke Akindele Replies Fan Who Feels “jenifa” Should Start Speaking Good English by Onyinye15(f): 8:23am On Jul 13, 2017
May buhari pant fall on ur dick there eeediot

jakandeola:
inside ur toto

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tekno Parties With His Girlfriend, Lola Rae, Amidst Breakup Rumour / Davido And His DMW Crew Rock Native Attires As They Pose Together In Senegal / DJ Cuppy: Even With My Good Looks I Still Have To Wait To Get Responses From Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.