Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life (43522 Views)

How Much Did You Make In Investment In The First Half Of The Year / 13 Money Mistakes We Should Avoid To Stay Afloat Financially! / Do You Wish To Be Rich Or Sustain Your Wealth? Avoid This 13 Money Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by Onyemadonald(m): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2017
Money is key element for anyone to progress. Today we bring you money mistakes that if avoided you are likely to succeed. Read on…

#MoneyMistakes: 1.
Never borrow money with interest to start a business (except for salary loans); only borrow to grow your business. This is because business takes a long time to gain ground and begin making profit yet for most of the loans you begin paying back a month later or even earlier. Hence, never borrow to start a business expecting that business to be the one to pay back the borrowed money plus the interest.

#MoneyMistakes: 2.
Never spend money you haven’t received. Don’t even promise someone money based a promise you have from someone else. Don’t hear somebody say, “Ezra come to my office tomorrow at 9am and pick 2m” and you go buy items on credit hoping to clear when the promised money comes.

#MoneyMistakes: 3.
If u want to ever save, whenever u receive money ensure you don’t start spending before removing the savings hoping that you’ll save what remains. Normally what remains is zero because as long as money to spend it available what to be spent on is also available. And things to spend on even incite their ‘relatives’ while when money to spend is not available we naturally find a way of managing. That’s why I’ve learnt to save with FRIENDS FOREVER INVESTMENT CLUB. When I send money there I assume I no longer have it.

#MoneyMistakes 4
When you get an opportunity to meet a very wealthy person never ask for money. Ask for ideas on how to make money. They can even choose to give you money on their own after seeing that your ideas are great, but let getting money from them never be your objective.

#MoneyMistakes: 5.
Keeping your seed instead of planting it. Many people stop at saving. It’s very, very difficult to save and have all you need to maintain your lifestyle especially after retirement. When you save, your savings are seed; plant it. When you just keep it some seeds begin to die (eaten by inflation and the likes). That’s where I recommend that you read about the different types investment vehicles you can use to grow savings. I am not necessarily talking about putting the money in a business because you can easily lose money on a business. I am talking about putting it in an investment.

#MoneyMistakes: 6.
Never lend someone money you are not willing to lose. By the time you lend money, be contented in your heart that should the person not pay, you will not die with the money. You should not even lose the person as a friend. If you find the person can fail to pay you and you remain as usual, then lend. If you find you would even hate the person’s entire clan, please advise the person to go to the bank.

#MoneyMistakes: 7.
Never append your signature to guarantee someone on a financial matter if you are not willing or able to pay the money. Do I have to explain that one? No. It’s self explanatory.

#MoneyMistakes: 8.

Avoid keeping within easy reach money you don’t intend to use in the short term – don’t for instance walk with 100k in your pocket when all you plan to do in a day cost 20k.

#MoneyMistakes: 9.
Avoid keeping money in inappropriate places eg in socks, under the pillow, in a pit, in the sitting room, in the bra, in a travel bag that you will place somewhere eg when in a bus..

#MoneyMistakes: 10.
Spending money on an item that you can do without (at least for the time being). These days when I pick money from my pocket, before paying for something I ask myself: What would happen if insist buy this? If I find I can live with the consequences of not having that thing, I smile and walk away.

#MoneyMistakes: 11.
Paying an amount that’s not the minimum you can get that same value for. In other words, if you are along Kampala Road and you pay 70k for a shoe that you can get at 30k at Mukwano Arcade, that’s a money mistake except for those who have achieved financial freedom.

#MoneyMistakes: 12.
Wanting to be the savior of the world by helping with ethane in financial need. My sister, brother you are not Jesus. If you find it so hard to say No to a financial demand, you may think you are practicing generosity when in actual sense you are practicing committing (financial) suicide. We are not learning to be miserable here; we are learning to live within the boundaries of reality.

#MoneyMistakes: 13.
Consistently spending all you earn or more than you earn. It’s like having a drum where you have an inlet that’s smaller than the outlet. It will never get full. And should the inlet ever reduce significantly the drum will run dry. If you do it the other way round and the inlet is bugger, it will get full and even overflow. Hence, we have to always ensure we are widening the inlet while narrowing the outlet – all the time.

#MoneyMistakes: 14.
Thinking about short term only and forgetting about long term or thinking about the long term and forgetting about the short term. For instance Lydia was told that there’s money in land. She saved money over a long period of time and bought 30 acres of land. Now she has the land but she is ever broke. She is ever complaining. She’s disgruntled and she doesn’t seem to see herself earning from the land in the near future. Now, let’s ask ourselves: Having 30 acres of land and no money to feed your family or take a child to hospital, is that wealth or poverty? I think Lydia only looked at long term needs and forgot that she has short term needs that require money. What of those who find they are one paycheck away from salary? Are they thinking about the long term needs?

For now lets take note of the above .

http://www.showbizuganda.com/finances-money-mistakes-you-should-know-and-avoid/

188 Likes 37 Shares

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by echeprecious: 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hmnnn! Fact.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2017
Lalasticlala.
Some oninakuna Nairalanders really need this

15 Likes

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by brightersms(m): 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
NICE
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by Oladelson(m): 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2017
is okay
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by udejiga17(m): 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2017
Brilliant
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by taylor88(m): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
rule 4: never ask for money ask for the ideas

lol

I pity u

I should not collect money from Gov. Wike instead ask how he made his money?

wen i know it's our money

I twerk my scrotum for u op

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by bbbabes(f): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by emeijeh(m): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
V
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by bbbabes(f): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
What of people thatv got no money
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by b3llo(m): 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
Let is not be called "Money miss road" this is my prayer for us.

1 Like

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
This is front page worthy, remember Mike Tyson?

Money management is a skill that should be mastered within you, if you cannot manage 1000 Naira, then definitely you wont be able to manage 1 billion Naira.

4 Likes

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by vizboy(m): 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
WE Buy and Sell iTunes Gift Card, Steam Gift Card,Amazon Gift card, BITCOINS, Perfect Money and Chinese Yuan

08067679195 OR 08172585787 OR 07066854155

We Buy at the Best Possible rate with Instant funding, we are one of the oldest and the best In The game.

We buy from 10$ to 100$ Dominations. All we need is just a pics of the card.

WHATSAPP : 08067679195, 07066854155

Or Visit www.Nairacoins.com
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by itiswellandwell: 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hmmmmm.

Check my signature for your full capacity powerbank.
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by taylor88(m): 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2017
I always tell guys

taste before pay

the wider her pvssy the smaller her pay

5 Likes

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by oshe11: 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2017
As U dey teach us how nt to make money mistake, hope U DON RICH PASS DANGOTE OOOOO undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by ephi123(f): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
Great article OP.
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by Roon9(m): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
Great piece. I grew up with my mom, she has this name she calls my dad behind his back " urhobo man wey prefer to drink garri build upstair"...

All through my university days I was careless with money. 20k wouldn't take me a whole month until I finished school and started hustling on my own.... U see that my father spirit ehn it entered me times 4 grin grin

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by banom(m): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
nice one
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by taylor88(m): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
bbbabes:
What of people thatv got no money

save ur sperm

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by Dutchey(m): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
booked
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by fhelihx(m): 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
wow..Really educative.
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by Ironlion1(m): 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
What of those spent on punnani? Very very important.

4 Likes

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by shortgun(m): 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
Makes sense especially the point about not wasting money on friends and relatives.
When you become broke they will be d ones to laugh at you.

I don't know how someone will expect me to pay their rent?
I usually ask them....if I pay this year's rent for you, how will you pay the rent next year?
They will usually say "God will provide"......I know God will provide but what plans do you have?

11 Likes

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by Stephenfowoyo(m): 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
Very correct
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by sexymoma(f): 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
Stop spending money on aso abi, flamboyant wedding, only you wan rent house,you rent duplex my brother u get spiritual friends angry

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by KKKWHITE(m): 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
Brilliant Tips
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by yosmen: 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
no14 is not acceptable..it has defeated the whole purpose, nice writeup undecidedno14 is not acceptable..it has defeated the whole purpose, nice writeup
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by eezeribe(m): 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
Op,what Authority are you,on the subject matter...
Even the source is not as credible as the likes of Forbes,Bloomberg,financial times... etc
Most of those points are baseless opinions and not facts.
There are internationally acclaimed business moguls who took loans to start their businesses and are still wealthier than the Op and the owner of the source of this crap list.
Re: 14 Money Mistakes We Shouldn’t Make In Our Entire Life by lmm4real: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
#MoneyMistakes: 15.
Suspend all investment in Ikorodu. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FGN Savings Bond / Create Awareness Of Your Brand, Business With Our Cheaper Bulk SMS/Robocalls / MMM Cooperation Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.