Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk (11114 Views)

Images Of The Soon To Be Released Infinix Note 7 / Facebook To Rename Instagram And Whatsapp, See The New Name! / Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by Cutezt(m): 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
There are certain times where you have loads of files to rename, either you want them to have a unique name, or the files are probably in the wrong format, eg, any downloaded file from websites like Nairaland.com does come in ".0" format which was probably made so for security reasons, when you download such files, it is usually not found in your gallery, you might be wondering, where on earth is the picture I just downloaded from Nairaland? You may never see it bit it is there lying in your phone,just in the wrong format so you can't see it, some people have resorted to screenshoting which is good but in most cases, you are not getting just the image, but some parts of Nairaland which might not be cool.

Let's look at another instance where you know how to rename your pictures to the right format, renaming them one after the other can be one hell of a stressful task, you will probably get tired and stop on the way, I once downloaded more than a hundred images from Nairaland and was renaming one after the other but got tired on the way, so today, I will be introducing you to this unique app for every Nairalander that is addicted to downloading those extremely funny memes, write ups, odunlade olukola pix and more.

Bulk Rename Wizard is a free renaming utility app for Android that gives better approach to rename many files and folders with quick, simple and lesser operations.

It helps you rename those thousands of files in a less stressful manner.

Features:

Rename various files and folders with numerous adaptable criteria.

Unleash your creativity, the effective criteria developer

permits you construct rename tasks and preview results in a split second.

Save, load and edit rename tasks.

Export and import rename tasks.

Process in background, please check notification bar for progress.

Receive and rename shared files from different apps (e.g. Gallery).

Etc

How do I bulk rename my files?

Use the strategy beneath to rename bulk photos on your Android tablet or phone.

1. Install Bulk Rename Wizard app (from Klangapp- Dev or playstore).

2. Begin Bulk Rename Wizard

3. Tap Create Rename Task , then Add rename criterion, then click Add rename criterion , the next menu opens a lot of options for you, you can go through them, but for this tutorial, we will be using the Edit filename Extension option and click New filename extension ,a textbox will appear below, insert your extension there, it might be ".Jpeg, .Png, .Gif etc depending on your file .
In the next screen, tick Edit filename extension and click next.

In the next screen, input your task name to save the rename task

Now you can bulk rename any files you want by simple opening your Bulk rename app, click Rename, select Rename Files- Add Files select your files by marking /checking them (Note : it will be easier if you move all the files you intend renaming, into a new folder) then after marking them, select Load Rename Task, You will see your saved task name there, click it, go through the other options click Rename then wait for the renaming to be complete, it can rename upto a 100 files in 30 seconds.

If you have issues understanding this tutorial, watch the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB152SDrG2g&itct=CBkQpDAYACITCKikgcj78NQCFRGWVQod9mcAO1ISYnVsayByZW5hbWUgV2l6YXJk&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
You may also drop your questions below.

http://tutsmap..co.ke/2017/07/how-to-rename-many-files-in-minutes.html

Lalasticlala

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by paragon40(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
I have been searching for something like this thanks.
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by Cutezt(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2017
paragon40:
I have been searching for something like this thanks.
You are welcome bro, Lalasticlala seun mynd44 Dominique

1 Like

Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by luvlymabel: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
i thought i will be the first to comment...
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by Caustics: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
shocked
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by ayamprecious: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hh
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2017
Informative!!! I've always wanted to know how i can do this.
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
Wetin I wan rename all my images for?
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by omhor(f): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
This is what I've been looking for a very long time, came exactly when I need it. Thank u OP u are too kind.
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by itzemar(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
Good
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by Dutchey(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2017
noted
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by orimion(m): 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
grep sed awk guys will laugh at this
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by budosky(m): 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
@Op Nice one
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by oshe11: 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
Na so una go post rubbish n after person download am dem go tell am to root fone first....

U tink is easy to ROOT samsumg fones

whr that guy that talked abt GT Recovery.....

see ursef below weneva I catch U...... undecided

Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
Long procedure. just use es file Explorer.
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by heisenbergheise(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
angry
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by wildchild1: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
Good one

Check my signature for 2017/2018 club Jerseys and Confederation Cup countries jersey
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by geezer10(m): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
my ES File Explorer has been useful in this regard
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by adefemi007(m): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
I don't need to rename on iPhone
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by TechPanda(m): 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
Thanks Man!
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by Olusharp(m): 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
Thought I saw " Etisalat Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk". too much garri don dey affect me....

*** pls if you have a part time job in Osun...pls help a student... my mail is on my signature ***
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by ShinyJay22(m): 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2017
You can avoid this hurdles by simply renaming before you initiate the download that is by changing the file extension name e.g daddy.O to daddy.jpg or any other file extension and then you download.Opera mini works well for this.
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by ITbomb(m): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
Children of this generation, na app dey do everything
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by sleekyjay(m): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
nice one.. but i still prefer using ES explorer..

1 Like

Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by Thobiy(m): 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
Es Explorer Works Better
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by Souljaboi1: 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2017
You can do the same with Explorer without all this long process !
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by Garrirevenge(f): 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
I have been using ESfile explorer for this.
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by chuksp09(m): 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cutezt:

Whats d name of the font in the second and third pictures please?
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by pseenzu: 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
Someone shld help me with how to link local host to web hosting on godaddy very urgent
Re: Easiest Way To Rename And Sort All Your Downloaded Images in bulk by Justuceleague2: 2:07am On Jul 06, 2017
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Hot S3 Update Releases Face Unlock Feature / Need Help With My Glo Sim / Will You Like A Sleek, Strong And Kelvar Phone? Wait For #thenexthero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.