Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots (26038 Views)

FTS 2020 MOD Apk+OBB+Data with January Transfer, Real face & Kits (Screenshots) / Everyone Can Now Request For Instagram Verification Of Account. (screenshots) / Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by InternetGenius(m): 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
An app pretending to be an update of WhatsApp, over 1 million people were tricked into downloading it

The app is available on playstore and is still there, check the screenshot below

However, after this illegitimacy was obviously flassed by Reddit users, the app name changed to "Dual Whatsweb Update" and the Res-icon was also switched.

Unlike many other fake apps, the sole aim of the developer was to create revenue through Ad views. You can see the amount of WhatsApp branded apps that have got past Google's curation below on screenshot.

Android users becareful with the way you download things out there, we all know Google playstore is the best secured store for downloading apps but things still happen or you can just get yourself an iPhone and be secured.

Lalasticlala, please pass this to them to save more people from this mess!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
op, come and tell us which one is original.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by oyepaulkay(m): 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
different links be flying upandan .......
some people think they can download data or money.......

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by Olibboy: 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
As a sharp guy. I used to download my whatsapp through whatsapp direct site. okay, ask me about it. they won't direct you to playstore. all is well

6 Likes

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by wolextayo: 2:24am On Nov 13, 2017
This is the major reason why I won’t use android. All apps are verified by apple before they can be allowed on AppStore.
iPhone all the way

Ain’t bragging. It’s just the best

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by DesChyko: 4:35am On Nov 13, 2017
wolextayo:
This is the major reason why I won’t use android. All apps are verified by apple before they can be allowed on AppStore.
iPhone all the way

It's a matter of choice.
Personally, I love the varieties that Android offers.
I know some prefer to be shackled instead.

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by Nobody: 5:43am On Nov 13, 2017
Even GBWhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by femi4: 6:16am On Nov 13, 2017
wolextayo:
iPhone all the way

Apple fan boy..... WhatsApp can be gotten from the official website without glitch

21 Likes

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by Makanjuola89: 7:28am On Nov 13, 2017
Are they learners?

1 Like

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by falcon01: 7:29am On Nov 13, 2017
Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by EagleScribes: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2017
Just like millions went for a fake government. Nigerians be careful before you take in another round of propaganda as 2019 approaches

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by falcon01: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2017
wolextayo:
iPhone all the way

all android apps are verified by play protect

18 Likes

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by blaqroy: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2017
In Nigeria or whole world cos I never get to see of them
Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by coolie1: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2017
.....(in Michael Jackson voice) he he
Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 13, 2017
oya wo

3 Likes

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by fowlyansh181(m): 7:33am On Nov 13, 2017
If it ain't Apple then nothing else

2 Likes

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by ArchangeLucifer: 7:34am On Nov 13, 2017
wolextayo:
iPhone all the way

iPhone 5c users sef dey talk

20 Likes

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by wildchild02: 7:35am On Nov 13, 2017
Hehehehehe

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE
Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 13, 2017
Android users won't still hear. Get an iPhone and be happy.
Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by hanassholesolo: 7:35am On Nov 13, 2017
i think they downloaded it on purpose. I only download whatsapp the has the highest number of downloads. The real WhatsApp has 1billion downloads, thats how you know it's original.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by aku626(m): 7:37am On Nov 13, 2017
Apple is Peace of mind I tell you

2 Likes

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 13, 2017
fowlyansh181:

True talk

6 Likes

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by KAYD007(m): 7:39am On Nov 13, 2017
Because of ordinary fake whatsapp, i should get an iphone? if i installed a fake app induced with annoying ads....just simply uninstall.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by Whatsappmathema(m): 7:39am On Nov 13, 2017
when they so t use playstore they prefer search whatsapp on Google and fall prey to sashe boys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by godofuck231: 7:45am On Nov 13, 2017
InternetGenius:
An app pretending to be an update of WhatsApp, over 1 million people were tricked into downloading it

The app is available on playstore and is still there, check the screenshot below

However, after this illegitimacy was obviously flassed by Reddit users, the app name changed to "Dual Whatsweb Update" and the Res-icon was also switched.

Unlike many other fake apps, the sole aim of the developer was to create revenue through Ad views. You can see the amount of WhatsApp branded apps that have got past Google's curation below on screenshot.

Android users becareful with the way you download things out there, we all know Google playstore is the best secured store for downloading apps but things still happen or you can just get yourself an iPhone and be secured.

Lalasticlala, please pass this to them to save more people from this mess!

Blackberry is still one of the most secured,due to the fact whatsapp is being scrapped from its platform only new platforms that might compromise BlackBerry. security,

5 Likes

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by Seequadry(m): 7:46am On Nov 13, 2017
Av stoped using the real whatsapp for long.... GBWHATSAP no get duplicate

1 Like

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by AishaBuhari: 7:46am On Nov 13, 2017
wolextayo:
iPhone all the way

See how you stylishly bragged over common WhatsApp cheesy

Android all the way cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:50am On Nov 13, 2017
fowlyansh181:
there is nothing spectacular bro...trust me there isn't nothing in apple products..It's even worse for u if u reside in Africa as u will under utilize its supposed features. .

It's just a mere propaganda to form posh for Africans that is why shamelessly some even buy clones..

There are alot of Good phones out there..I'm sure alot of mobile phones experts will agree...I'm not a big fan of Apple products like i was few years ago even as I was one of their pioneers customers..I just think it was just a form of another bondage..Don't know if u get my point..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots by cana882(m): 7:52am On Nov 13, 2017
Na wa oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Whatsapp Rules For Nigerians / *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** / Whatsapp Officially Comes To Laptops And Desktops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.