Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West (51179 Views)

The Yorubas Want To Destroy Nigeria With Amotekun / What We Yorubas want in Nigeria / The Ibos Want Biafra The North Wants Ibo's Exit The Yorubas Want Ibo's Exit The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Omofunaab2: 10:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
coptic:

I have not.

But that's largely because he's his own person. I can't tell him what to do or not.

I for one have great respect and admiration for the Yoruba so much that I've been wrongly labelled as Yoruba on here. How then do you relate that?

I have never had any issues with a Yoruba person nor has anyone around me. Should I then be made to suffer the same fate as one who may have personal issues with some?

This is an isolated issue. Meanwhile, I apologize for the anger his comments might have stirred.

We should all know better than to put everyone in small boxes.

But i still believe you could have told him to stop.. The dude already took his comments away from being personal, he was making his comments "on behalf" of Plateau indigenes thus the backlash from many of us here....

Many yorubas do advise their brothers to refrain from making unprovoked remarks... You ought to know that on nairaland, you can't get away with unprovoked comments and your tribe definitely suffers it the most.

Anyway, I'm also sorry for some of my remarks here targeted at the people of Plateau state...

9 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 11:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nowenuse:

1000 likes for your post.

It's obvious you are the most sensible and realistic yoruba person here.

Hausa-fulanis use religion as a tool for power and oppression. It is very obvious that you have lived in the north and fully aware of all these.

Most yorubas here like AbakalikiPress, Markfemi2 & Omofunaab2 have definitely never left Ibadan in their lives hence their short-sightedness and myopic view.

All rants no point
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nowenuse:

Yoruba man i dare you to show me which yoruba brown-roof town is more developed than Jos! Ogbomosho, Oshogbo, Abeokuta or Ibadan?
90% of Ibadan are dillapidated old rusty houses with pit latrines, dirt, shit and gutters everywhere.

Jos is far far comparatively beautiful, green, picturesque, very cool weather, very friendly indigenes and neater than any core- yoruba city. There are many yorubas in Jos who do not know where their villages are in the South-west because since their grand & great-grandfathers came to Jos they never went back to the godforsaken brown-roofs. Lol

Please leave Oshogbo and explore life for yourself! grin

There is only one major traditional ruler in Jos and he is the GBON GWOM JOS! Pls, how does the caliphate come into Jos? How do they influence Jos? Do they have any traditional rulers in Jos?

Where were you when middlebelt elders have been making it clear to the core-north that we are forming our own middlebelt country per-adventure break-up??

Gowon saved Nigeria from disintegrating and after the war, you coward yoruba majority group through Awolowo came to thank the north for sparing the lives of your people. The one Nigeria Gowon fought for, is it not the same one Nigeria you yoruba muslims always brag with and beg the Igbos not to have their own Biafra (always loosing sleep over Nnamdi Kanu)?

Gowon liberated the Eastern minorities from Igbo stronghold and till date they are grateful for it.

If not subsequent military leaders who created the stupid geo-political zones and so much proliferation of states today, Nigeria would have fared better with the first 12 states Gowon created.

Btw how did this thread about Kogi wanting to join south west lead to jos comparison

Don't waste people's time

And one hand your supporting Biafra
On the other hand saying Gowon kept Nigeria one and Yoruba thanked north for keeping Nigeria one

Be consistent in your lies for once
Jos that filled with dead graves of people that have been wiped out in wars

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nowenuse:

Middlebelt leaders came out recently to openly declare that we are not going to join Arewa peradventure break-up of Nigeria and this is what we have been saying. Have you ever heard any Hausa-fulani come out to challenge this submission?

Hahahaha, seriously, i have never met dumb people like you guys!
Do you know that Tafawa balewa town in Bauchi state where the Hon Speaker (Yakubu Dogara) hails from is a no-go zone for Hausa-fulanis or any muslims? All muslims were cleansed out of that town in 2009 and till date no mosque can ever be built in that town!

Now, this is Bauchi state, a core muslim state with about 90% muslim population. grin

The entire Jaba LGA in Kaduna state does not have a single mosque standing as we are speaking. Every muslim or Hausa-fulani were chased away from the entire LGA in the post 2011 election violence and not just in Jaba alone, many other towns and LGAs in Southern Kaduna are like this.

Wukari is the largest city in Taraba state and in 90% of the city, there are no muslims or mosques anymore!

Shendam & Pankshin are the 2nd & 3rd largest towns in Plateau state. There is no mosque in the entire Pankshin town as we speak. I hope you remember the Shendam massacre of 2004 that was dealt to Hausas & muslims?

Middlebelters and Northern christians times without number have proven to be able to defend themselves when it comes to a full scale crisis or war.

With all the efforts to introduce Sharia law into Kaduna state, did it work? Did Southern kaduna people not hold their ground against it and equally dealt with Hausas in the subsequent crisis that divided Kaduna city?

Fulanis only succeed with attacks due to their hit & run tactics. This they also use in the South too and it worked for them.
Why did it not work for them in Taraba state? Cos they cannot run since they have villages and towns there. Shebi you can see the way hundreds of them were massacred recently? This is what usually happens whenever middlebelt tribes and Hausa-fulanis have a face-me-face-you war.
Free Grazing has been banned in Benue state and will be fully enforced very soon. Taraba state govt too is also about to implement theirs. Fulanis have been quiet in Plateau, but if they raise their head again, same thing will be enforced in Plateau. Now, let us see how their hit and run tactics will work anymore after they have been fully ranched and registered by the state.

Yoruba man, i dare you to show me any face-me-face-you crisis in the north where Hausa-fulanis have ever defeated any northern christian tribe. I dare you! But in far away yoruba land, they completely defeated you guys in Mile 12!

Hahahaha, what stupidity. Crisis between our people and Hausa-fulanis did not start today! It started since the days of Danfodio. So, you want me to clap for you or that yoruba man for that?

I hope you know that during the Southern kaduna killings, any Hausa-fulani travelling to the north have to take the long route through Kwara to Niger state and then Kebbi-Sokoto, or through Plateau- Bauchi-Taraba-Gombe? They dare not pass through Kaduna villages cos the whole bus will be hijacked, all the Hausa muslims filtered out and killed?? Now, you won't hear this in media will you? When they also kill the fulanis you don't hear it on the media cos the fulanis don't have large settlements in anymore in those areas.

Languages die everywhere and everyday in the world. What matters the most is loss of identity. Niger deltans are also loosing their languages to pidgin, aren't they? Ijebus, Eguns, Aworis and many other yoruba sub-groups are also loosing their language to Oyo yoruba aren't they? But that doesn't make them Oyo people as long as they still know who they are.

Besides, almost every Plateau person you find can still speak his language, we still hold church services and even have bibles in most of our languages. Bauchi islamized tribes are the ones whose languages are facing extinction and not Plateau state languages please. Go to the villages if you will not hear the native languages!

Yoruba as a tribe was created by the British. Nothing of such ever existed. So all you have to do is thank the British for creating a yoruba tribe. It was never by the efforts of you warring South-western tribes who were killing each other in Kiriji wars and all manners before the white men came and called you all Yorubas.

Abeg ignore this one
Maybe his mother cheated on his father with s yoruba man
Cause this is yorubaphobia
British created Yoruba people
Looooool

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 11:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
realjoker:

I know your fears, you are looking for accomplice to join you in your new country in the event of Nigeria eventually breaking up, because you are afraid of being enslave by the hausa Fulani.

I don't have to attend to your postulation let me just ask you series of questions and some comments

1, who dominate and lord over Jos north and Part of angwan donkey in Jos south, which you dare not visit?

2, Can you dare move anyhow in this part of Jos city: Masallachi jummat street, Ango rogo, nassarawa filling bali, Dilimi, gangere, adebayo street, part of Terminus and environ?

And you are forced to manage Tina junction, yantrailer, angwan rukuba, part of amy engineer and fudawa ring road in your ancestry land o?

3, And don't forget; You lost a senator and a house of reps member to this war. what have you done to retaliate this lost in this magnitude to the hausas?

And don't forget that the level of genocide Hausa Fulani herdmen perpetrated in Southern kaduna is a child play compare to the one they did on your people in Barkin ladi! I might be sounding inhuman here.

And your acknowledgement on how movements and guarantee of safety is limited in Kano, Kaduna and Jos and Plateau in general vindicate me of how your Jos and state being a war zone. Restrictions of movement and non guarantee on safety in a place are the characteristics of war zone areas.
Your statement on mile 12 crisis shows how dunce headed you are on Lagos.
You should note that in the entire SW, okunland and Kwara State there is no place a Muslim or Christian is barred from moving freely because of fear of being attack by one stupid religion fanatic.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 11:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
Omofunaab2:

But i still believe you could have told him to stop.. The dude already took his comments away from being personal, he was making his comments "on behalf" of Plateau indigenes thus the backlash from many of us here....

Many yorubas do advise their brothers to refrain from making unprovoked remarks... You ought to know that on nairaland, you can't get away with unprovoked comments and your tribe definitely suffers it the most.

Anyway, I'm also sorry for some of my remarks here targeted at the people of Plateau state ...

coptic

I am also sorry for my negative remarks on the good people of Plateau, benue and Southern Kaduna and all the other people I have make negative remarks about, I regret my ill planned actions.
I know Nowenuse will make a come back and he will be duly served. I knows him very well he loves arguing back and forth without passing any meaningful message.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 11:50pm On Jul 09, 2017
realjoker:
I have always known you to be one stupid cretin who loves arguing back and forth without saying anything meaningful other than ranting, and writing postulations right from that stupid thread created by shallow minded tonyebacanista comparing Nigeria with Kenya and how the Kenyan, Indian guys and south African ladies exposing how dunce you are.

You should better leave other North Central states out of your war and face the Hausa Fulani predators who have succeeded in turning your ancestral land to war zone, where movement is restricted and safety not guaranteed.

They are destroying his civilisation instead it's brown roof he's talking about

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
middlebelter:

Your comments are not only very rude but a complet demonstration of inadequate sense of history and Geography, it is a big concern to we of Yorùbá extraction from Kogi and Kwara state.

You have innocently asked what are the contributions of Yorùbás to Middlebelt? Perhaps, I should ask you the contribution of your tribe to Middlebelt? I strongly suspect though that you are not from Middlebelt and therefore you simply deserve no response.
As per the boundaries of Yoruba towards the northern hemisphere in this country, be not in doubt nor deceived by Britain's deliberate malicious demarcation of the the Northern boundary. The South West stretch from Jebba in Kwara state to Lokoja in Kogi State.You may wish to visit Jebba to confirm their history and mother's tongue and if you have ever heard of the Oworos in Kogi State, they own Obajana. A(Obajana is a Yoruba name, the stretch of the land ends in Lokoja.

Also note the in Geography, river is a natural boundary and international river like Niger is no less.

I would have love to explain further but I could sense hatred from your comment toward my people, perhaps born out of your general hatred for the Yorùbás.

I don't know what concerns miserable jos with Yorubas in Kogi and Kwara lol
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 11:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
realjoker:
I doubt your Yorubaness, dozens of your likes have been busted here on this thread and if you are you are ọmọ ale. You should better face the hausa Fulani army killing your people if you are liepod tout or better still face the hausa and Fulani who have succeeded in turning your states to war torn area if you are from benue or plateau state.

Yorubas don't even introduce themselves as " I'm s Yoruba Muslim" looool

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 11:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
realjoker:
What is this brainwashed liepod yoot saying?

What concerns ipob with this topic

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by coptic: 1:15am On Jul 10, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Anyway, I'm also sorry for some of my remarks here targeted at the people of Plateau state...

realjoker:

I am also sorry for my negative remarks on the good people of Plateau, benue and Southern Kaduna and all the other people I have make negative remarks about, I regret my ill planned actions.
I know Nowenuse will make a come back and he will be duly served. I knows him very well he loves arguing back and forth without passing any meaningful message.

Thanks, guys.

Personally, I don't see the point of these sort of arguments as they brew nothing but hate and vile words.

All that's needed is for us to respect each other. Whether any place is Yoruba land or not is left for the inhabitants of those places to decide. And their decision must be respected. Igalas in as far as Gombe can decide to join the Yorubas if they so wish. Besides, of all the three major tribes, the Yorubas are the least susceptible to land grabbing tendencies. You won't see them claiming any lands as theirs. Instead, they leave it to the indigenes to decide, as is the case with this thread. I don't see Yorubas as having any expansionist agenda at all.

And as for the strength of the hausas, it's all exagerated. Do they not bleed blood as well?

We have to encourage peaceful coexistence and not force neutral people into throwing hate words.

Thanks and peace!

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by lx3as(m): 6:13am On Jul 10, 2017
Nowenuse:

Please go and ask of any history of crisis in the north from those who live there! Here is your fellow yoruba who has lived in the north. This is why i keep on telling your likes to leave Oshogbo for once!

Yorubas do not stand to defend themselves in the north by fighting back like the Igbos do. I really don't know why. I understand that yorubas are respectful and peaceful people compared to Igbos and Hausas (especially on others people soil). But shiit, sometimes, one has gotta man up.
The problem i think with many yoruba muslims in the north is that they think because they are muslims then Hausa-fulanis will spare them, but they usually get the shock of their lives! Unlike Igbos that know that Hausas hate them, so they are always prepared for anything.

That was how some yoruba muslims went to hide in a mosque during Kaduna crisis, thinking they were safe, only for the Hausas to go drag them out of the mosques and butcher them. Likewise in Jos. Some of them (yoruba muslims) will start reciting islamic recitations thinking Hausas will spare them once Hausas find them, only for them to be called Munafuqi (hypocrites/ fake muslims) by the Hausas and still killed. ........Honestly i feel pity for these yoruba muslims during crisis in the north. But they are the fools here for allowing fake religious bond that doesn't exist enslave them!

You can imagine the Sultan of Sokoto is adressed as the spiritual leader of all muslims in Nigeria. A permanent position. What nonsense!
Why have the almost 20 million yoruba muslims never challenged this nosense title and dissociate themselves? On what basis was the Sultan of Sokoto made the permanent head of all yoruba muslims? Where was the election done? 9jakool, Markfemi2, AbakalikiPress and all yoruba muslims here, please i need an explanation from you guys!! Cos these are the reasons why other Nigerians see yorubas as cowards.

Just see what happened recently where Buhari sent Sallah message from London in Hausa language! This made it so obvious that the Hausas naturally don't even care if yoruba muslims who do not speak Hausa existed! And you will never hear yoruba muslims condemn or challenge hausas. What kind of 2nd class status can ve worse than this. Tufiakwa!

And that is what i am telling you! Most Plateau people in the South are educated and do not appear as Hausa-fulani muslims!
Our ladies and guys mostly dress like Southerners with jeans, gowns and western clothes always. We don't flaunt kaftans and hijabs like Hausa-fulanis. We don't do shoe making, mai ruwa, sell onions, carrots, mai shayi. We don't hawk. We rent houses among other residents. We do not live in seclusions and market/cattle communities like the Hausas do in the South! We worship in different normal churches with everyone else. So, we can not be easy targets for OPC members! Simple!

Why can't you just accept that you have no say in Okun's matter! Are you telling me you will come across River Niger to the south and fight if Okuns are to join their kiths and kins in the West?

Those Hills you see in Lokoja are known worldover as Yorubaland Hills. You are from a bakanized State like plateau, What Hausas can never attempted in the smallest state in the West, Ekiti, they are doing it in your state. The whole Nigeria is pitying your situation and you are here comparing yourself with Yorubas, making more enemies for your inconsequential tribe.

You can as well divert your energy towards joining your heroes in their Biafra as if they themselves have not been massacred in the north, even in Jos in the 50s, 60s.

I don't know your problem with Okuns wanting to join S/West?

9 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Amoto94(m): 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
The guy behind
Nowenuse moniker is a hate filled bigot sensible people should ignore him, he's boasting of his people's cannibalistic behavior without thinking twice. Maybe Hausas are responsible for the burukutu that have corrupted the brains of some of your kinsmen.

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
realjoker:

I know your fears, you are looking for accomplice to join you in your new country in the event of Nigeria eventually breaking up, because you are afraid of being enslave by the hausa Fulani.

I don't have to attend to your postulation let me just ask you series of questions and some comments

1, who dominate and lord over Jos north and Part of angwan donkey in Jos south, which you dare not visit?

2, Can you dare move anyhow in this part of Jos city: Masallachi jummat street, Ango rogo, nassarawa filling bali, Dilimi, gangere, adebayo street, part of Terminus and environ?

And you are forced to manage Tina junction, yantrailer, angwan rukuba, part of amy engineer and fudawa ring road in your ancestry land o?

3, And don't forget; You lost a senator and a house of reps member to this war. what have you done to retaliate this lost in this magnitude to the hausas?

And don't forget that the level of genocide Hausa Fulani herdmen perpetrated in Southern kaduna is a child play compare to the one they did on your people in Barkin ladi! I might be sounding inhuman here.

And your acknowledgement on how movements and guarantee of safety is limited in Kano, Kaduna and Jos and Plateau in general vindicate me of how your Jos and state being a war zone. Restrictions of movement and non guarantee on safety in a place are the characteristics of war zone areas.
Your statement on mile 12 crisis shows how dunce headed you are on Lagos.
You should note that in the entire SW, okunland and Kwara State there is no place a Muslim or Christian is barred from moving freely because of fear of being attack by one stupid religion fanatic.

This comment of yours has shown how shallow you are. Oga you don't know Jos please. Stick to Oshogo brown-roof districts.
How can you be mentioning places like Gangare, Angwan rogo, Dilimi? Those places are the worst places in Jos, overcrowded slumish areas which are usually washed away by floods. These are the kind of areas most Hausas live, just like Hausa quarters in the South.

The only reasonable place Hausas dominate in Jos is Bauchi road and you did not even mention it. Oga, terminus is a central market and there is no part of it dominated by Hausas.
Now, all the reasonable, developed, big and beautiful areas of Jos are dominated by indigenes, so you can go cure your stupidity for that.

Oh, so you want to deny what happened in Mile 12 abi?

The only reason i will pardon your foolishness is because of reasonable people like coptic & myobjective.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
myobjective:

You are spot on, on some of the issues you raised here but I will indulge you to reduce some of the insult bro.

I have serious problem with yorubas that believe religion is a binding factors between us and the Hausa-fulanis. Some of these yorubas assimilate and behave like Hausa Fulani just to be accepted by them, the group mostly quilty of this offence are not even the so called northern yorubas like ilorin yorubas but mostly OGBOMOSHO (OYO STATE). These set of yorubas assimilate, speak Hausas, sometime they even deny their yoruba ethnic group just to attract cheap sympathy from hausa Fulani.

All what the Yorubas need to learn is the Hausas will never see themselves as equal to the yorubas.
Yorubas were Muslim even before many of the so called Hausa accepted Islam, Yoruba Muslim should never play second fiddle to mostly violent Hausa Fulani.
I don't accept sadauna of Sokoto as my leader, I don't accept a second class status for been a Yoruba Muslim.

Many yorubas in the north have learnt their lesson and they have started living in community with exclusively fellow yorubas, northern minorities and other southerners, they know that an Hausa man is not their friend because of religion.

Okay, i have heard you bro and i will reduce the harshness of my tone. Thank you.

Are you serious about what you said about Ogbomosho peeps? Most people i have met from Ogbomosho were christians.
I attended a secondary school with so many yoruba muslims and almost all of them were from Ibadan, Iwo, Ede. And the kind of islamic fanatism i saw from most Ibadan and Iwo muslims is almost close to Hausa fanatism.

I also understand that many yoruba muslims may not accept the Sultan of Sokoto as their spiritual leader, but they appear so silent, passive and seemingly cowardly on this issue, which is not supposed to be.

Imagine an Igbo leader being adressed as the permanent head of all christians in Nigeria just because Igbos have the largest population of christians in Nigeria.....i mean, all hell will let loose. All other christians will challenge it with brute force!

Why do yoruba and middlebelt muslims accept 2nd class status so easily and automatically? Till date, none of them have come outside to challenge Buhari or northern muslims on why Buhari should send Sallah message to Nigerian muslims in Hausa.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
realjoker:
I have always known you to be one stupid cretin who loves arguing back and forth without saying anything meaningful other than ranting, and writing postulations right from that stupid thread created by shallow minded tonyebacanista comparing Nigeria with Kenya and how the Kenyan, Indian guys and south African ladies exposing how dunce you are.

You should better leave other North Central states out of your war and face the Hausa Fulani predators who have succeeded in turning your ancestral land to war zone, where movement is restricted and safety not guaranteed.

Hahaha, shallowness on extreme. My ancestral land into war zone? Where exactly is this war going on?
The last time i checked, Mile 12 and Ife crisis happened last year and this year while the last crisis in Plateau was in 2010.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
realjoker:

Hahaha, shallowness on extreme. My ancestral land into war zone? Where exactly is this war going on?
The last time i checked, Mile 12 and Ife crisis happened last year and this year while the last crisis in Plateau was in 2010.

Jos still remains the largest and most developed city in the entire north central after FCT-Abuja and your thousands of yoruba brothers who were here since pre independence have refused to go back in spite of the city being a 'war zone' as you claim. grin who is the fool here?

Besides i am still waiting for an explanation on how the Sultan of Sokoto became the permanent spiritual leader of all Nigerian muslims (including the about 20 million yoruba muslims).
Pls don't tell me you will chicken out of this as usual, will you? cheesy
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
middlebelter:

Your comments are not only very rude but a complet demonstration of inadequate sense of history and Geography, it is a big concern to we of Yorùbá extraction from Kogi and Kwara state.

You have innocently asked what are the contributions of Yorùbás to Middlebelt? Perhaps, I should ask you the contribution of your tribe to Middlebelt? I strongly suspect though that you are not from Middlebelt and therefore you simply deserve no response.
As per the boundaries of Yoruba towards the northern hemisphere in this country, be not in doubt nor deceived by Britain's deliberate malicious demarcation of the the Northern boundary. The South West stretch from Jebba in Kwara state to Lokoja in Kogi State.You may wish to visit Jebba to confirm their history and mother's tongue and if you have ever heard of the Oworos in Kogi State, they own Obajana. A(Obajana is a Yoruba name, the stretch of the land ends in Lokoja.

Also note the in Geography, river is a natural boundary and international river like Niger is no less.

I would have love to explain further but I could sense hatred from your comment toward my people, perhaps born out of your general hatred for the Yorùbás.

The name of your moniker and your claims here is enough for me to take you as a very unserious fellow.

Why are you flaunting the name 'middlebelter' and still advertisting/flaunting South-west? Drop that identity for those who are proud to flaunt it with immediate effect.

Dual identity of a pseudo-individual. That's similar and the way Transexualism begins. I don't deal with 'Trans-individuals'.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
Deedeedee3:
We dont want restructuring anymore but total disintgration. The okuns and Yorubas in Kwara state will have a referendum if they want to live with the north or join us in Oodua republic. It is their choice. Some might agree while some might not. There are so many injustices in Nigeria.
Oodua a gbe wa ooo!
Are you the only one from yorubaland seeing the injustice in this country. The masses need to wake up and fight for secession.

The break up will bring a fresh start, stop the thieves from stealling our common wealth and give equal opportunities to all.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
Markfemi2:

Btw how did this thread about Kogi wanting to join south west lead to jos comparison

Don't waste people's time

And one hand your supporting Biafra
On the other hand saying Gowon kept Nigeria one and Yoruba thanked north for keeping Nigeria one

Be consistent in your lies for once
Jos that filled with dead graves of people that have been wiped out in wars

Yah, the same Jos that is filled with dead graves of people are dominated by unfortunate yoruba muslim victims and Jihadist corpses. And these graves date back to pre-colonial times when my ancestors killed and buried your fulani islamic jihadist masters and prevented them from capturing/islamizing the Plateau.

Besides, i rather live in a place with so many graves that is free from captivity than live in an enslaved place where i and my unborn generations are perpetually enslaved forever. You yoruba muslims of Kwara need to learn this and perhaps one day free yourself and your unborn children from the stronghold of the caliphate. Till then, enslaved islamized slave.
Millions of yorubas keep on bowing to the fulani emir of Ilorin (as the permanent head of the traditional council of Kwara state) and the Sultan of Sokoto (as the permanent official spiritual head of all yoruba muslims).
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
Amoto94:
The guy behind
Nowenuse moniker is a hate filled bigot sensible people should ignore him, he's boasting of his people's cannibalistic behavior without thinking twice. Maybe Hausas are responsible for the burukutu that have corrupted the brains of some of your kinsmen.

No pls i think we are responsible for the kwaya, codeine, tramadol, yan daudu (homosexualism), roadside begging, VVF, highest illiteracy, poverty rates e.t.c ravaging your own people.
Remember your governor in zamfara said your god 'punished you people with Menigitis because of your sins' grin
Pls deal with that before facing Burukutu.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 9:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
lx3as:

Why can't you just accept that you have no say in Okun's matter! Are you telling me you will come across River Niger to the south and fight if Okuns are to join their kiths and kins in the West?

Those Hills you see in Lokoja are known worldover as Yorubaland Hills. You are from a bakanized State like plateau, What Hausas can never attempted in the smallest state in the West, Ekiti, they are doing it in your state. The whole Nigeria is pitying your situation and you are here comparing yourself with Yorubas, making more enemies for your inconsequential tribe.

You can as well divert your energy towards joining your heroes in their Biafra as if they themselves have not been massacred in the north, even in Jos in the 50s, 60s.

I don't know your problem with Okuns wanting to join S/West?

I have no say in Okun matter? And who are you? The Obaro of Kabba? Only an Okun or Kogi indigene has the right to tell me to stay out of Okun or Kogi state affairs and not brown roofers from the South-west who are not part of the north-central. And if you are Okun, you have to shut the brown-roofers before shutting me up.

Whole Nigeria pity who? Who asked for your pity when your own people are being used for rituals and human sacrifice on daily basis?
Why don't you pity your own people being butchered and terrorized by Badoo? And those terrorized by Ijaw militants along the coasts? If not for the intervention of the Federal govt, by now perhaps the entire yoruba coasts would have been annexed by Ijaw militants.
grin Majority tribe being dealt with by minority tribe grin
Now, tell me when the last terror attack took place in Plateau state.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
Coptic did I not tell you that your loudmouthed cretin brother will make a come back?
Hope you have make provision for his rehabilitation in a rehab center, even though he is an evolved Cretin?

Nowenuse is a well known dunchhead to me and the Kenyans, Indians, South African ladies and other Africa countries members of this forum.

He has shown a number of times that he is an evolved Cretin duncehead.

Just take a glance on the thread created by unstable tonyebarcanista comparing Nigeria with Kenya, then you will discover he is an evolved cretin who deserve to be treated like an evolved dunce that he is.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
9jakool:

You don't need to twist my words. Here is what I actually said: "The Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi despite being technical minority in the North remain one of the few exceptions that don't use Hausa as a second language." Of course I knew there are some minor exception, but it still didn't stop you from twisting my words. Out of the many states in the North that use Hausa as a lingua franca outside states with Yoruba speakers, only Benue state and Southern Niger state don't use it as a second language.

Oh no brother, you are the one twisting your own words. I see no reason why you adress the Tivs, Idomas, Igalas, Igedes, Ebiras, Nupes and others as a few! And here you are again saying only Benue & Southern Niger don't use hausa as a 2nd language. Where did you put the Igalas, Ebiras, Bassas, Nupes, Bussas and other tribes of Kogi & Kwara north?
Now, if you add the population of the Tivs, Idomas, Igedes, Igalas, Ebiras, Nupes e.t.c they will likely outnumber the other tribes who use Hausa as a 2nd language in the North-central combined.
If north-central becomes a country or self governing region today, do you think Hausa would work as a lingua franca? Hell no it won't.

And you see my problem with you is that you are 'Mr know it all', if not you will also know that there are other parts of the north/middlebelt where Hausa is not understood or used as a lingua franca. E.g, many Gbagyi speaking areas of Niger state & FCT do not understand Hausa. They speak only Gbagyi and pidgin which is now becoming very popular because of Abuja metro.

In Langtang town and other Langtang/Tarok speaking areas (Langtang north & South LGAs) in Plateau state, you cannot survive by speaking Hausa alone, you must learn Tarok cos most of them do not understand Hausa there.
I have Tarok friends here in Delta state (where i reside) and whenever we meet, we have to speak pidgin or standard english cos they don't understand Hausa and they were all born and bred in Langtang. Infact, most Langtang people have to learn Hausa from the scratch when in Jos and they are sometimes adressed as INYAMIRIN PLATEAU (plateau igbos) grin, cos they speak hausa just like Igbos do. Now, they (Taroks) are arguably the largest tribe in Plateau state.

This scenario also plays out in parts of Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe where lots of people from larger tribes there cannot speak Hausa at all, and the worst in Borno/Yobe where Kanuri language is as much a lingua franca as Hausa. You must learn Kanuri and perhaps Bura in order to survive in most parts of Borno & Yobe states.

Go to Zuru town in Kebbi state, many of them don't understand Hausa there and this is supposed to be the 2nd largest town in Kebbi state. Most hausas there have to learn Lelna (zuru language) to cope.

You need to learn more about the north before making yourself an authority on northern issues. Cos the authority with which you speak on issues you don't know so much on is annoying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 10:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
realjoker:
Coptic did I not tell you that your loudmouthed cretin brother will make a come back?
Hope you have make provision for his rehabilitation in a rehab center, even though he is an evolved Cretin?

Nowenuse is a well known dunchhead to me and the Kenyans, Indians, South African ladies and other Africa countries members of this forum.

He has shown a number of times that he is an evolved Cretin duncehead.

Just take a glance on the thread created by unstable tonyebarcanista comparing Nigeria with Kenya, then you will discover he is an evolved cretin who deserve to be treated like an evolved dunce that he is.

Everyone must not be a coward like your likes must we? Yeah, coptic is very welcomed to view that thread.

You expected me to sit down and watch Kenyans & South Africans insult, deride & mock Nigerians on a Nigerian forum ba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nowenuse:

Everyone must not be a coward like your likes must we? Yeah, coptic is very welcomed to view that thread.

You expected me to sit down and watch Kenyans & South Africans insult, deride & mock Nigerians on a Nigerian forum ba?
And your postulation ridden argument that lack logic or substance is what you call a defense, right? is it not better to be a bystander than to engage yourself in what is beyond your intelligence or wit?

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by hinohsend: 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nowenuse:

Besides i am still waiting for an explanation on how the Sultan of Sokoto became the permanent spiritual leader of all Nigerian muslims (including the about 20 million yoruba muslims).
Pls don't tell me you will chicken out of this as usual, will you? cheesy

The Sultan of Sokoto can claim to be anything, that dosent mean Yoruba muslims are any subservient to him.

Majority of Yoruba Moslems dont even know that the Sultan occupies such a post. I still remember Islamic Yoruba fasting on days when Northern muslims were celebrating Eid.

Do you know Folashade Ojo has the official title of head of all Nigerian market women, but I'm sure market women, as nearby Abeokuta dont even recognize her.

Once again, the Sultan can claim to be anything, he dosent wield any power over Islamic Yorubas. If he does, pls point it out.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 12:23am On Jul 11, 2017
Nowenuse:

Oh no brother, you are the one twisting your own words. I see no reason why you adress the Tivs, Idomas, Igalas, Igedes, Ebiras, Nupes and others as a few! And here you are again saying only Benue & Southern Niger don't use hausa as a 2nd language. Where did you put the Igalas, Ebiras, Bassas, Nupes, Bussas and other tribes of Kogi & Kwara north?
Now, if you add the population of the Tivs, Idomas, Igedes, Igalas, Ebiras, Nupes e.t.c they will likely outnumber the other tribes who use Hausa as a 2nd language in the North-central combined.
If north-central becomes a country or self governing region today, do you think Hausa would work as a lingua franca? Hell no it won't.

And you see my problem with you is that you are 'Mr know it all', if not you will also know that there are other parts of the north/middlebelt where Hausa is not understood or used as a lingua franca. E.g, many Gbagyi speaking areas of Niger state & FCT do not understand Hausa. They speak only Gbagyi and pidgin which is now becoming very popular because of Abuja metro.

In Langtang town and other Langtang/Tarok speaking areas (Langtang north & South LGAs) in Plateau state, you cannot survive by speaking Hausa alone, you must learn Tarok cos most of them do not understand Hausa there.
I have Tarok friends here in Delta state (where i reside) and whenever we meet, we have to speak pidgin or standard english cos they don't understand Hausa and they were all born and bred in Langtang. Infact, most Langtang people have to learn Hausa from the scratch when in Jos and they are sometimes adressed as INYAMIRIN PLATEAU (plateau igbos) grin, cos they speak hausa just like Igbos do. Now, they (Taroks) are arguably the largest tribe in Plateau state.

This scenario also plays out in parts of Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe where lots of people from larger tribes there cannot speak Hausa at all, and the worst in Borno/Yobe where Kanuri language is as much a lingua franca as Hausa. You must learn Kanuri and perhaps Bura in order to survive in most parts of Borno & Yobe states.

Go to Zuru town in Kebbi state, many of them don't understand Hausa there and this is supposed to be the 2nd largest town in Kebbi state. Most hausas there have to learn Lelna (zuru language) to cope.

You need to learn more about the north before making yourself an authority on northern issues. Cos the authority with which you speak on issues you don't know so much on is annoying.
Seems like you are now back to factory setting mode Because this post is not ridden with much postulations and hate-filled comments you are known for.
And I can sense face saving in this post, why lumping other non North Central States in to your analysis of places that don't accept hausas as their second lingua franca in NC? North Central has six states and Abj making seven. With the exception of Kwara, benue and Kogi and by extention part of FCT, other North Central States most accepted second lingua franca still remains Hausa plateau state inclusive (Hausa language still remains the second lingua franca ahead your local languages in your Jos city you have been Chestbeating about being the next big city to Abj in times of development in the entire North Central region, its only in some remote rural areas and towns that hausa is not accepted as second lingua franca) and claiming that the entire Nupe and Gwari in Niger don't Understand Hausa Shows you have never been to Niger state or maybe you only have the opportunity to passed through it.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 12:40am On Jul 11, 2017
hinohsend:

The Sultan of Sokoto can claim to be anything, that dosent mean Yoruba muslims are any subservient to him.

Majority of Yoruba Moslems dont even know that the Sultan occupies such a post. I still remember Islamic Yoruba fasting on days when Northern muslims were celebrating Eid.

Do you know Folashade Ojo has the official title of head of all Nigerian market women, but I'm sure market women, as nearby Abeokuta dont even recognize her.

Once again, the Sultan can claim to be anything, he dosent wield any power over Islamic Yorubas. If he does, pls point it out.

The Sultan of Sokoto is not just the Spiritual head of all Nigerian muslims by mouth. It is very very much official and even constitutional (i stand to be corrected). It is a permanent and official traditional title.

Who even knows the Folashade you are talking of? Please use your analogies reasonably!

The Sultan is the permanent President general of the Nigerian national supreme council of islamic affairs which all muslims in Nigeria are subject to (including all yoruba muslims). Now, this is an official state national body and not some randy independent market women union no one knows of.

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 12:44am On Jul 11, 2017
realjoker:
And your postulation ridden argument that lack logic or substance is what you call a defense, right? is it not better to be a bystander than to engage yourself in what is beyond your intelligence or wit?

Well, for not proferring something better to disprove my 'substance-lacking logic' and counter those insulting your country, i take it that you were also a by-stander who lacks the required intelligence right? Then, that makes us even.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by A190(f): 12:57am On Jul 11, 2017
sEGXY2:
Yes oh! your set's notoriety is engraved in campions history and is continually passed on by means of oral tradition through Mr. Awarun!
I'm talking about yours jare
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nowenuse: 12:58am On Jul 11, 2017
realjoker:

Seems like you are now back to factory setting mode Because this post is not ridden with much postulations and hate-filled comments you are known for.
And I can sense face saving in this post, why lumping other non North Central States in to your analysis of places that don't accept hausas as their second lingua franca in NC? North Central has six states and Abj making seven. With the exception of Kwara, benue and Kogi and by extention part of FCT, other North Central States most accepted second lingua franca still remains Hausa plateau state inclusive (Hausa language still remains the second lingua franca ahead your local languages in your Jos city you have been Chestbeating about being the next big city to Abj in times of development in the entire North Central region, its only in some remote rural areas and towns that hausa is not accepted as second lingua franca) and claiming that the entire Nupe and Gwari in Niger don't Understand Hausa Shows you have never been to Niger state or maybe you only have the opportunity to passed through it.

No fool. 9jakool is quite a reasonable person who backs whatever he is saying with hard facts, logic & rationality, so i have to respond to him likewise. While for those of you who have nothing upstairs, i unfortunately have to descend to your levels for better comprehension on your paths.

Where did i ever say the entire Nupes and Gbagyis do not understand Hausa? Please show me.

Most Nupes outside Nupe land (in Minna, Kaduna, Kano and other cities) do use hausa as a 2nd language, but in Nupe land, most of them do not!
Do you want to tell me that it is possible to stay and survive well in Lafiagi, Doko, Lapai, Kutigi, Bida, Mokwa and other Nupe towns by speaking only Hausa? Hell no! Even hausas in these places have to learn to speak Nupe. Likewise in most Gbagyi areas in Niger & FCT (aside Minna, Suleja and few other places).

Besides, using Hausa as a lingua franca, is it a crime? The problem/crime comes when you loose your identity.

English language is rapidly becoming the lingua franca of Europe and the entire world. Has that made us loose our identities and become English men?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Man Caught After Hijacking Election Materials, Says He Was Obeying Orders.Photos / Sir Adeyemi Osinbajo - Prof Yemi Osinbajo's Father (photo) / Nigerian Police Officer Gets Drunk, Sleeps In Gutter [VIDEO/PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.