Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine (42496 Views)

Bank Manager, Officials Collude With Robbers In Ekiti / Fidelity Bank’s Manager Orders The Beating Of Customers / How I Led My Gang To Hijack Bullion Van With N200m – Kidnapper Evans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 06, 2017
TheHerald:
Former Skye bank Manager, Tajudeen Yusuf, who was arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Thursday, 29th of June, 2016 for fraud was given a fine of a hundred thousand naira after being convicted by Federal High Court in Jos.

The convict who was arraigned before the before Justice Ambrose Alagwa of the Federal High Court, Jos, rose to infamy when a petition was released from Skye Bank Nigeria Plc, Jos branch, alleged that Yusuf fraudulently collected the sum of N200 million from the bank’s customer, Alhaji Usman Tetengi and issued him with fake deposit certificate as bank evidence.

Tajudeen thereafter allegedly diverted the N200m to his personal use while all efforts to recover the funds proved abortive.

According to a report from the Premium Times, Two of the five count charges levelled against him were directly related to the fraud, with the defendant pleading not guilty to all charges.

After over two years of prosecution, Justice Ambrose Alagwa Justice Alagwa discharged and acquitted the convict on three counts but found him guilty on two counts, sentencing him to six months imprisonment on each of the counts.

He however gave him the option of paying N100,000 fine.

http://www.herald.ng/skye-bank-manager-stole-n200m-gets-n100k-fine/#Re5gvHqe382v1UFi.99

The greatest Nigerian president once said "" STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION "" and so many fools were insulting him for it.

I hope they are now seeing exactly what he meant.
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Wow...
Impressive.....

I hope all these stupid bankers who steal pieces from customer's packets are learning.

Impressive u say? Whats this confused guy saying? U mean bankers shld learn how to steal N200m from customers to they can pay a fine of 100k?

How old are u plz?
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by fkj950ax(m): 7:28am On Jul 06, 2017
litaninja:
Lmao. You're still sleeping my brother. All the politicians that got similar judgements, they too proved that they weren't laiable yea?
Chairman....

Great thing you are awake.
But you have no understanding how the judicial system work.
Reference to politicians judgement is just another arm chair reasoning lots of Nigerians engage in.
The cases are different and shouldn't be compared.
Pertinent questions should be which charges was he acquitted for?
Which charge did he get the 6months or option of fine?
Stop believing any junk posted by bloggers. Get the true facts and use that to make informed decisions.
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by kjhova(m): 8:09am On Jul 06, 2017
maasoap:

How sure are you that the judge didn't go for the minimum sentence? In this case, I can bet it that he didn't go for the maximum sentence. Even if the accused has been found guilty for the five counts, the sentence would have remained the same. No be today now.

I have given you most likely scenario but you speculate and wana go further to convince yourself of the validity of your speculation?

It's your call, mate. I have done my bit.
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by sshalom(m): 10:02am On Jul 06, 2017
Perversion of justice. Meanwhile, someone that steals a mobile phone will be sentenced to six years imprisonment!
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by tee4lowyeh(m): 10:48am On Jul 06, 2017
look guys I am not surprised.

The problem is not just the judiciary as many claim, it is the CONSTITUTION. The judge must have given that penalty based on what is available in the laws of the land.

We have said it several times that the law encourages corruption because the penalties attached are just a slap in the back; so petty.
Our senators whose job it is to make and amend such laws will not touch it with a long pole, because they are rogues and Number 1 beneficiary of corruption. That is why we have massive daylight corruption in high places and nobody can stop it.

If we had stiffer penalties, corruption would reduce a great deal.

Hence our problem is OUR SNATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES.
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by Itstee: 11:46am On Jul 06, 2017
Only God knows undecided
Nigeria get well soon
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by litaninja(m): 12:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
Junk by bloggers, you're quite right. Some will even accidentally leave the c from ctrl + c combination when they post.
But we're not talking online....we're talking out in the naija world. How may politicians that have made away with billions of public funds have seen decent time behind bars or any major fine / conviction? 50k fines all over the place.....

fkj950ax:

Great thing you are awake.
But you have no understanding how the judicial system work.
Reference to politicians judgement is just another arm chair reasoning lots of Nigerians engage in.
The cases are different and shouldn't be compared.
Pertinent questions should be which charges was he acquitted for?
Which charge did he get the 6months or option of fine?
Stop believing any junk posted by bloggers. Get the true facts and use that to make informed decisions.
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by fkj950ax(m): 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
litaninja:
Junk by bloggers, you're quite right. Some will even accidentally leave the c from ctrl + c combination when they post.
But we're not talking online....we're talking out in the naija world. How may politicians that have made away with billions of public funds have seen decent time behind bars or any major fine / conviction? 50k fines all over the place.....

Let me help your knowledge bank a bit.

The government has been engaged in please bargaining with politicians who "stole".

Cheaper to prosecute
Faster to get convictions
Less legal hassles in accessing the funds

That's why it appears the sentences for politicians appear lenient.

Like I said, get the facts. All of the fact, and not just what you read from a blogger who posted some Junk online.

And if this bank manager went the route of please bargaining, returned the 200m, what do you think his sentence should be?
The defendant wants his money, not jail time for the thief.

Like I said again, get the facts. The whole hog
You are making assumptions from hearsays.
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by maasoap(m): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
kjhova:

I have given you most likely scenario but you speculate and wana go further to convince yourself of the validity of your speculation?

It's your call, mate. I have done my bit.
And you didn't convince yourself?
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by maasoap(m): 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
PrecisionFx:

The greatest Nigerian president once said "" STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION "" and so many fools were insulting him for it.

I hope they are now seeing exactly what he meant.
You are the fool here for trying to make sense out of nonsense.
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
maasoap:

You are the fool here for trying to make sense out of nonsense.

Thanks a lot for that.

Nigeria's only problem across board is lack of knowledge stemming from A massive lack of education, All u ever get in nigeria is schooling.
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by maasoap(m): 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Thanks a lot for that.

Nigeria's only problem across board is lack of knowledge stemming from A massive lack of education, All u ever get in nigeria is schooling.
And you are a typical example of that unfortunate situation.
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by litaninja(m): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2017
You're right, govt has probably gone on the plea bargaining route.
However, its still fraught with massive irregularities. In a plea bargain, the case goes to court, the defendant still pleads guilty to one or more charges (maybe less horrendous ones, but still), still get convicted, only to serve a lighter punishment. e.g 10 years in prison instead of 12.
Biko, which one be 100k matter inside? or 6 months

fkj950ax:

Let me help your knowledge bank a bit.

The government has been engaged in please bargaining with politicians who "stole".

Cheaper to prosecute
Faster to get convictions
Less legal hassles in accessing the funds

That's why it appears the sentences for politicians appear lenient.

Like I said, get the facts. All of the fact, and not just what you read from a blogger who posted some Junk online.

And if this bank manager went the route of please bargaining, returned the 200m, what do you think his sentence should be?
The defendant wants his money, not jail time for the thief.

Like I said again, get the facts. The whole hog
You are making assumptions from hearsays.
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by Eu24(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
Title:
deed of assignment
Survey Planning

Asking price 5m
Land is measuring 113,740Sq meters

Location is good for business., If Shops are renovated it can sale for about a million each.

Note; am not into Real State.. This deal is direct

For more details and picture Whatapp or Call
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by Eu24(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
AreaFada2:

State price & title documents here for transparency sake.

Title:

deed of assignment
Survey Planning

Asking price 5m

Location is good for business., If Shops are renovated it can sale for about a million each.

Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by AreaFada2: 7:03am On Jul 10, 2017
Eu24:

Title:

deed of assignment
Survey Planning

Asking price 5m

Thanks. But Alimosho is a large LGA. From Egbeda to Abaranje, Ikotun to Ayobo. Where in Alimosho?
Re: Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine by Eu24(m): 7:38am On Jul 10, 2017
Oko-Odo, Pleasure bus-stop. Along Abeokuta express way.. Abeokuta street.. feel free to send a Whatapp msg or give me a call. Thanks

AreaFada2:

Thanks. But Alimosho is a large LGA. From Egbeda to Abaranje, Ikotun to Ayobo. Where in Alimosho?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Battered, Escapes Robber Who Tried To Rape Her In Bayelsa. Photos / 2 Female Robbers Lynched In Aba / Three Men Kill Their Friend In Order To Steal His Dangote Truck. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.