Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 (14016 Views)

Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle / Car Models From The Same And Different Brands That Share The Same Platforms / Uber Signs Deal With Volvo To Buy 24,000 Self-Driving SUVs For Taxi Fleet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by heybee72(m): 7:41am On Jul 06, 2017
Biafra carry your extinct oil away ooo... Technology fọn enter part two.. . By the way, agriculture is the only market that can't go extinct... #lecturebiafra
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by ritababe(f): 7:52am On Jul 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:
So what is the south east going to contribute to the economy when tha era of crude oil is over, as usual nothing, the west has cash crops such as cocoa, the north food crops, the south south might soon become irrelevant and the south east always irrelevant.

which state in south west produce more farm products than Edo?

3 Likes

Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by lonelydora: 7:58am On Jul 06, 2017
psucc:
I can't wait till tomorrow comes!

The big question is: what is Nigeria doing or planning to mitigate the shock of this innovation on her economy and as well key in to make it useful in Nigeria?

Nigeria will be producing pencil by 2018.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by bewla(m): 8:07am On Jul 06, 2017
psucc:

The big question is: what is Nigeria doing or planning to mitigate the shock of this innovation on her economy and as well key in to make it useful in Nigeria?
I can't wait to c it on ship and aeroplane to boy just imaging u dey up up up engine come need recharge or u dey insind inside inside ocean ship need recharge o boy do d addition for me and subtraction just dey ask I o
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 06, 2017
INNOSON GO SOON TAKE OVER. BY THEN AM SURE PETROL WILL BE #50/L.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by Gkemz: 8:09am On Jul 06, 2017
Warning: Not to be used in Nigeria until provision is made for it to be powered by generator set.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 06, 2017
whitebeard:
I fear EMP bomb pass nuclear bomb, at this time that the world is going electric in everything.

Most people won't understand... But I get your drift
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by SycophanticGoat: 8:20am On Jul 06, 2017
Sun dey waste on top our body, yet we no dey use am produce electricity in large scale. Now imagine if na only electric cars come dey the world; only Nigeria go still dey struggle with gasoline cars. Smh..
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by whitebeard(m): 8:22am On Jul 06, 2017
myking95:

Most people won't understand... But I get your drift
thank GOD someone understands, thanks so much..! GOD help us

Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:
So what is the south east going to contribute to the economy when tha era of crude oil is over, as usual nothing, the west has cash crops such as cocoa, the north food crops, the south south might soon become irrelevant and the south east always irrelevant.

And with the so-called "cash crops" the west has and the "food crops" their northern masters possess, the rate of poverty in both regions is mind boggling!

BAck to topic...the idea is innovative. Tesla is really going far with that technology. Nice one from Volvo.

2 Likes

Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by Reference(m): 8:38am On Jul 06, 2017
psucc:

The world is slowly leaving is behind. First oil will experience long term fall in value and you know the implication on our economy, then electric cars.... no or epileptic power. Meaning more and bigger generators to charge our cars, misery. Self driving or autonomous vehicles.... no decent roads and if we cannot even maintain traffic lights then such technology will become a national safety disaster.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 06, 2017
What if the battery explodeds while driving?
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by mfm04622: 8:46am On Jul 06, 2017
bewla:
I can't wait to c it on ship and aeroplane to boy just imaging u dey up up up engine come need recharge or u dey insind inside inside ocean ship need recharge o boy do d addition for me and subtraction just dey ask I o

Electric can't work in planes. Weight of batteries will be too much. Solar panel efficiency still too low to rely on that. So planes will always use liquid fuels.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by mu2sa2: 8:46am On Jul 06, 2017
free2ryhme:

The wicked people will not allow such development to erode their relevance. Remember David mark when he said cellphone is for only rich people
Infact he said the telephone - that was the days of nitel landlines. And the hypocrite up to this day never apologize for that insult.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by mfm04622: 8:48am On Jul 06, 2017
whitebeard:
thank GOD someone understands, thanks so much..! GOD help us

You think ICE cars of nowadays will survive that? They contain as much electronics as electric or hybrid vehicles
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by eph12(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2017
rabonni:
Nigeria NO LIGHT

When they stop buying our fuel

Aboki face their farms

Then let's see if aboki will agree for us to use their agriculture money to develop niger delta
By then North will become New York abi?
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by tayo360(m): 8:56am On Jul 06, 2017
veekid:
Senate is reading as well
political elite gat no Problem, getin money is a soft work for them onlike poor masses.... all they jus lack is requisitics 4 leadership and empathy 4 d puplic
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by DukeNija(m): 9:37am On Jul 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:

With all your education? What a shame! I hope the crops eradicate the abject poverty in the North and SW.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by whitebeard(m): 9:47am On Jul 06, 2017
mfm04622:

You think ICE cars of nowadays will survive that? They contain as much electronics as electric or hybrid vehicles
EMP bomb is not like nuclear bomb, where the world is monitoring the materials needed to produce nuclear bomb, a high tech terrorist group can possess this weapon. And it can be detonated anywhere.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:59am On Jul 06, 2017
deepwater:
Learnt driving on my own (#IGreeDie grin ) with their 240 ,GL fuel injector spec (long nose) cool

Volvo!!! I believe you guys, Just the way modern ships are now built with diesel-electric engines for main ship propulsion.

It is very good to use but the electrical works involved is the big challenge, a regular kazeem would condemn your car in 20mins in the name of rewire.
Even the shipping industry is changing. Internal combustion engines will soon be phased out and soon enough ships will be self autonomous.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by reiddecuti: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2017
9ja how market!!!!!
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by ndigbo: 10:24am On Jul 06, 2017
psucc:

A very powerful question.....

Instead the thieving politicians we have, are busy stacking raw cash for themselves and children unborn. No critical thinking of what tomorrow will bring forth, no road map, nothing ..... tongue

The worst of it all is that gullible citizens especially we the youths worship these animals calling themselves politicians.

1 Like

Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by BiafranPrince: 10:25am On Jul 06, 2017
Rude shock awaits naijiriya.

1 Like

Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by natznext(m): 11:24am On Jul 06, 2017
whitebeard:
I fear EMP bomb pass nuclear bomb, at this time that the world is going electric in everything.

Chai, the possibilities of remote attacks would be endless, btws I only see us going fully electric in the 2100s, we never always catch the gig...
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by whitebeard(m): 11:28am On Jul 06, 2017
natznext:

Chai, the possibilities of remote attacks would be endless, btws I only see us going fully electric in the 2100s, we never always catch the gig...
grin
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
So it is the south east has riches abi, coal is part of the fossil fuels that will soon become irrelevant, after now you will be crying for your country
prince3009:

And with the so-called "cash crops" the west has and the "food crops" their northern masters possess, the rate of poverty in both regions is mind boggling!

BAck to topic...the idea is innovative. Tesla is really going far with that technology. Nice one from Volvo.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
It's a shame you cant recognise mockery when you see it, the crops will be one step to eradicate poverty, along with some other things, unlike that black thing enugu produces that santa gives to naughty children.
DukeNija:

With all your education? What a shame! I hope the crops eradicate the abject poverty in the North and SW.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by salford1: 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
bewla:

mfm04622:

Electric can't work in planes. Weight of batteries will be too much. Solar panel efficiency still too low to rely on that. So planes will always use liquid fuels.

Do you guys live in a rock or just spend too much time on NL? lol

A plane flew around the world last year using just solar power and batteries.

Nigeria is like 200 years behind advanced economy.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jul/26/solar-impulse-plane-makes-history-completing-round-the-world-trip

2 Likes

Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by EvilMetahuman: 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:
south east never contributes anything but leeches on everyone.

It will only become worse when there is no more oil

1 Like

Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by EvilMetahuman: 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
udemzyudex:

Go back to your history book.
you had palm, do you still have palm?

Better start waking to the reality that south east is as useless as YO in U to this country.
Re: Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 by Kfed4ril(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:

Palm oil, technology etc. don't worry before then we wouldn't be with you in the same country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buying A Used Car In Nigeria: What Are The Next Steps After Clearing? / Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. / Tesla Modelx Becomes 1st Electric Car To Cross Sahara Desert In A 5k Miles Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.