Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria (7554 Views)

At Least One Million Traders Have Benefited From Tradermoni – Osinbajo / Cross River Benefited More In Buhari's Administration - Governor Ayade / List 5 Things Nigerians Have Benefited From This Administration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
not one of us ,not one urhobo man or whatever they are called ,not one bloody Niger deltan deserves to criticise nnamdi kanu's biafran struggle.At least he spoke for his people ,he went to jail for his beliefs and people,he is still fighting for his people.But where are the Niger deltan "criminal"activists,how many of them went to jail for their people,how many of them are as bold as nnamdi kanu.I may not support his beliefs but I will respect him till eternity.
What have we benefited from Nigeria as a united country,absolutely nothing,instead our lands get polluted day after day ,80% of oil blocks are owned by northerners not even us,we have been busy fighting ourselves foolishly,very few of us own oil blocks ,we had the presidential power we bleeped up big time.
If there is any set of people that should be fighting for self governance it is not even the igbos,but the Niger deltans for too long our people have suffered ,we have been defrauded by several leaders even by our own elites in the Niger delta.we need to start voting for a different kind of people who will lead us not the same vagabonds over and over ,sometimes I wonder don't our stupidity ever stop.
being in Nigeria is of no benefit to us ,why should you be in a country that doesn't allow you control your destiny .it is time for our people to wake up and be accountable for everything wrong that has gone wrong in our land.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
cc-fratermathy,loJ,plaetton...lalasticlala
dokie wrote-
If 10% of Nigerians had the courage of Nnamdi Kanu,this country would have been a much better country for our leaders wouldn't have been able to take us for a ride.
Let's face it, how many of us are willing to suffer imprisonment for our convictions not to talk of dying? This guy has all it takes to live a very comfortable life within and outside the shores of Nigeria, yet he has put all of it at stake, including his life and by extension the happiness and comfort of his wife and kids.
I respect Nnamdi kanu immensely bcoz he is doing what almost all Nigerians, including you and I ranting and calling him names on social media, as well as our fraudulent, selfish and irresponsible leaders cannot do - fighting for a cause he believes will better the lives of some People.
He is indeed a lion.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by vanbonattel: 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cc Rotimi Amaechi

2 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by attackgat: 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
The oil producing areas have benefitted nothing from Nigeria. They are the biggest losers in Nigeria, but they deserve it.

When Ojukwu was fighting to free them from the grip of the Northern Caliphate of Sokoto, they thought Ojukwu was an opportunist. So they helped Nigeria win, and have been paying the price ever since.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by limeta(f): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
My brother all you said is true , but since there is no hero among us then we should give it all to kanu .

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by Ifyone123(f): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
wake up? u hv woken up long ago...jst do less wit ur talks and more with action

5 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by hydraa(m): 9:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
nobody have benefited anything from Nigeria , even the politicians send their children away cus they know theres nothing to benefit . if you ask me theres never been a better time for all groups in the south south to rally around igbos and kanu cus lets tell ourselves the truth no matter what you think about the igbos or kanu they are the only way out of this mess .

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by Dedetwo(m): 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
Impending cancer from crude oil bunkering. Please make sure you hold Yari.ba and the political elites from northern region of Nigeria responsible for the outbreak of the decease.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by hydraa(m): 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2017
Dedetwo:
Impending cancer from crude oil bunkering. Please make sure you hold Yari.ba and the political elites from northern region of Nigeria responsible for the outbreak of the decease.
this is not the time for niger delta to point fingers , its the time to recognize its not working and find a way out and the only way out now is to merge forces with the igbos .

16 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
hydraa:
this is not the time for niger delta to point fingers , its the time to recognize its not working and find a way out and the only way out now is to merge forces with the igbos .
very true

16 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by freshest4live: 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
True federalism is the way out l think. There's this very cold chill l feel whenever l hear the word secession, l just dunno why. Maybe l wrongly believe it can't happen peacefully, but then of course l may be wrong on that.
Let's see how the Catalans in Spain go about their referendum, they've been fighting for it now for 300 years despite the fact that they are a major ethnic group in Spain, peaceful secession is never easy, even Kanu himself said it has never happened.
I still believe we can fight to change the structure in the line of true federalism rather than outright secession.
You are right, there's Nepotism and the North dominate the oil wells, but we have also not been very blessed with visionary and patriotic leaders as found in Lasgidi, except for the likes of Amaechi and Donald Duke.

5 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by Dedetwo(m): 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
freshest4live:
True federalism is the way out l think. There's this very cold chill l feel whenever l hear the word secession, l just dunno why. Maybe l wrongly believe it can't happen peacefully, but then of course l may be wrong on that.
Let's see how the Catalans in Spain go about their referendum, they've been fighting for it now for 300 years despite the fact that they are a major ethnic group in Spain, peaceful secession is never easy, even Kanu himself said it has never happened.
I still believe we can fight to change the structure in the line of true federalism rather than outright secession.
You are right, there's Nepotism and the North dominate the oil wells, but we have also not been very blessed with visionary and patriotic leaders as found in Lasgidi, except for the likes of Amaechi and Donald Duke.

Do you by any means have False Federalism? Nigerian are fond of latching onto idiotic coinages.

12 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by freshest4live: 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
Dedetwo:

Do you by any means have False Federalism? Nigerian are fond of latching onto idiotic coinages.
Yeah we don't have true federalism. This is why we still have stuffs like federal roads.
By true federalism l mean Regional Government.
Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by ShootToKill: 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
In my honest opinion, let every tribe in SS fight for what belongs to them like Ijaws are doing. As an Igbo man my concern remains the Igbos in the SS.
After listening to an Ogoni man claiming that Kanu wants to steal his oil just few minutes ago on Channel's TV program -The Core anchored by Kadaria Ahmed, I asked myself- 'Is this the kind of ingrates we in IPOB should bleed for?' Absolutely not!
He also repeated 'There will be no Biafra referendum in Ogoni land.

I will start opposing Kanu if he leads my people to the slaughter because of these ingrates in the Niger delta. I'll only fight for a Biafra without ingrates from Niger delta. Let them carry their cross, our cross as Biafrans is heavy enough, I don't want a mini-nigeria where an ogoni will claim the Igbos want their resources.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by moneyest(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
ShootToKill:
In my honest opinion, let every tribe in SS fight for what belongs to them like Ijaws are doing. As an Igbo man my concern remains the Igbos in the SS.
After listening to an Ogoni man claiming that Kanu wants to steal his oil just few minutes ago on Channel's TV program -The Core anchored by Kadaria Ahmed, I asked myself- 'Is this the kind of ingrates we in IPOB should bleed for?' Absolutely not!

I will start opposing Kanu if he leads my people to the slaughter because of these ingrates in the Niger delta. I'll only fight for a Biafra without ingrates from Niger delta. Let them carry their cross, our cross as Biafrans is heavy enough, I don't want a mini nigeris where an ogoni will claim the Igbos want there resources.
Sir shoot to kill, I'm surprised cos this statement is very much unlike u given that I've always known u as a guy with a fantastic sense of humour. Anytime our brown roof republicans defecate all over biafran threads, u always have a way of using comedy to convey ur messages but I am dazed to see this seriousness in ur comment. I'm also not ignorant of the way u make ur rivals the jest of this forum whenever they sow seeds of discourse btw SE &SS.

Nna its like these our naughty cousin brothers have stretched u beyond elastic limit for you to react this way mehn. biko don't allow anybody spoil ur mood cos u remain my favourite contributor on this platform.Don't change ur pattern......I like ur style wella

*Respect Sir* from Mr moneyest

3 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by freshest4live: 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
ShootToKill:

I will start opposing Kanu if he leads my people to the slaughter because of these ingrates in the Niger delta. I'll only fight for a Biafra without ingrates from Niger delta. Let them carry their cross, our cross as Biafrans is heavy enough, I don't want a mini nigeris where an ogoni will claim the Igbos want there resources.
Good, l feel thesame way too, but kanu knows it would be difficult to survive at the beginning with just the five south eastern states alone. This was never the dream of Ojukwu.
Let Biafra be an ideology of change for now, fight for true federalism or at worst good Governance and a better Nigeria.
If the very rich and influential Catalans in Spain find it so hard to secede by diplomatic means, then you can see why kanu himself said he as a student of history has never seen where a people seceded peacefully, that was in a 2014 interview with Sahara reporters before kuje formatted his brain.
I therefore call on all southerners, middlebelters and well meaning Nigerians to impose on the Senate a bill for the amendment of the constitution to give room for regional Government, a slightly modified system from that of the first republic.
Nigerians can assemble together to discuss the terms and conditions, it could be several ideas combined to birth a new system.

2 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by HopeAtHand: 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
attackgat:
The oil producing areas have benefitted nothing from Nigeria. They are the biggest losers in Nigeria, but they deserve it.

When Ojukwu was fighting to free them from the grip of the Northern Caliphate of Sokoto, they thought Ojukwu was an opportunist. So they helped Nigeria win, and have been paying the price ever since.

Ojukwu wasn't fighting in the interest of Niger Delta. Ojukwu was only interested in completely owning the oil resources. Make no mistakes, Igbos still remain the most self-centered ethnic group in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by zombieHUNTER: 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
HopeAtHand:

Ojukwu wasn't fighting in the interest of Niger Delta. Ojukwu was only interested in completely owning the oil resources. Make no mistakes, Igbos still remain the most self-centered ethnic group in Nigeria.
fulani herdsmen fall on you undecided

37 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by Theleutenant: 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
HopeAtHand:

. there they go again.guy can we meet at PH? any location of ur choice. your fuccck up really needed to be treated by somebody

25 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by 9jabull: 11:04pm On Jul 05, 2017
ShootToKill:

Yes the man from ogoni said so but doesn't reflect majority mind of ogoni people inasmuch i believe that Igbo's can survive well without them (oil & access to sea we have) but I also know that some of them are in IPOB or have a different believe different from that mans own. So that where referendum comes in for every tribe in Biafra land including ogoni even minor tribes in the north or any where have the right too for referendum if they want to stay on their own.

4 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by ChimaAdeoye: 11:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
Another "we" Niger deltans thread where abookis suddenly become niger deltans because of Biafra. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by HopeAtHand: 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
Theleutenant:
. there they go again.guy can we meet at PH? any location of ur choice. your fuccck up really needed to be treated by somebody

Since you're tired of this world, why not come to my community. A place where any attempt to look for your body will be an exercise in futility.

3 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
attackgat:

Please, can we just for once stop telling lies because it's becoming nauseating. Ojukwu was not a saint and i don't think he was necessarily fighting to free the Niger Delta from the northern caliphate like you put it. Though you can say he was fighting the North against oppression of the territory he governed which included the minorities in the east. Now, we wouldn't know what was going through Ojukwu's mind as it pertains to the minorities and their resources. So, it's imperative that we stop spreading falsehood to paint white what is not white.

12 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by plaetton: 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
HopeAtHand:

Yeah, the Igbos remain the most self-centered people in Nigeria.

Just look at how many military coups that they have done in Nigeria to seize and monopolize political power.
Just look at their born-to-rule syndrome.
Just look at how many times they have annulled peaceful Democratic elections.
Just look at how many inter tribal killings and genocides they have committed in Nigeria.
Just look at them, they don't even venture out of their regions to work or invest.
Look how many times they prefer to cling to power and die in political office rather than resign for ill health.
Look at them,. they neither educate nor train their teaming young populations for survival in a competitive world.
When they are rich, they neither take care of their siblings nor relatives.
They have no community spirit. They neither build schools, health care centers nor vocational centers for their communities.
They just depend on government and government largesse.

Yes, Igbos are the most self-centered people in Nigeria.

54 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 11:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB gives us a great opportunity to correct the mistakes of the past.

Along with Ann-Kio Briggs and Asari Dokubo we can have a brighter future if we support the referendum.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 11:57pm On Jul 05, 2017
HopeAtHand:

What is your problem with the Igbo?

Igbos do not cause anyone problems and primarily think about trade.

There is no born to rule syndrome in the Igbo so what is your problem?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by TheKingIsHere: 12:05am On Jul 06, 2017
We Niger deltans have not benefited a single thing from this entity called Nigeria so it is important that we leave and form our own country.

7 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by TheKingIsHere: 12:08am On Jul 06, 2017
attackgat:

When Isaac boro was fighting for nigerdelta republic in 1966 long before biafra why didn't ojukwu come to help him?

2 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by HarryDuce(m): 12:24am On Jul 06, 2017
attackgat:

Ojukwu was an OPPORTUNIST. Only the deluded find it difficult to grasp. Ojukwu was fighting to free who? lol, you were there i guess? Clown .

1 Like

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by somegirl1: 12:48am On Jul 06, 2017
HopeAtHand:

How so?

12 Likes

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by Dedetwo(m): 1:32am On Jul 06, 2017
freshest4live:

Yeah we don't have true federalism. This is why we still have stuffs like federal roads.
By true federalism l mean Regional Government.

Please write what you mean and mean what you write in order to avoid silly ambiguity. A foreigner has already complained about the level of intellect of most Nigerians. There is nothing such as "true federalism".

1 Like

Re: What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria by dudebuck: 1:41am On Jul 06, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

When Isaac boro was fighting for nigerdelta republic in 1966 long before biafra why didn't ojukwu come to help him?
Was Ojukwu the military administrator of the eastern region then? Afonja.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Independent Petroleum Marketers Association Of Nigeria Elect New Executive Team / Reno Omokri's Fake Church And His Apartment Building In America. Photos. / Balewa’s Fake Son Is Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.