Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

I Got This, Is It Real Or Scam? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got This, Is It Real Or Scam? (761 Views)

I Got This From Canada,guys Please Advice Me On What To Do If Real Or Fake / I Just Got This Text, Who Else Received It? / My Friend Got This Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got This, Is It Real Or Scam? by fortune5351(m): 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
You are hereby invited for an interview by 11am on the 6th of July at forte oil filling station Oniru lekki 1st roundabout lagos. Please affirm attendance via text From Tridex Logistics and Services ltd.
Is it real?
Re: I Got This, Is It Real Or Scam? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:56am On Jul 06, 2017
fortune5351:
You are hereby invited for an interview by 11am on the 6th of July at forte oil filling station Oniru lekki 1st roundabout lagos. Please affirm attendance via text From Tridex Logistics and Services ltd.
Is it real?

So the job interview will be at a petrol station?! Is it for a petrol station attendant job or what?!

Here is a simple clue: CALL that number back and ask them where they got your CV and what is he job about with company name
Re: I Got This, Is It Real Or Scam? by hordmax: 2:49am On Jul 06, 2017
Personally, I see this as a Virtual Remote-control; well, that's my blunt opinion.

But. . Let's take the context of the text message you've received at a face-value. . after reading, you should logically ask yourself :

• Have you in any way come across or ever heard of "Tridex Logistics and Services Ltd." from anyone anywhere before ?
• Have you researched the said company, does it even exist in reality with a physical address, any actual website(s) at all ?
• Have you had or found any means to read about and confirm what this said Company actually do with convincing facts ?
• Have you checked/verified any possible authenticity of that sender's number, did it come-back as the said Company's name ?
• Have you called the sender's number to communicate and ascertain the credibility of the text message and the said Company ?
• Have you found any known person'(s') name(s) that is attached to this said recruiting Company ?
• Did you submit any application(s) that might warrant any invitation to "an Interview" from any firm at anywhere around "Oniru, Lekki" axis ?
• Did you also receive any notification email(s) concerning this supposed upcoming urgent Interview ? —LOL!

If your answer is "NO" to more than three of the above questions; then you have to be EXTRA Careful about this.

Make your findings, do your homework, get factual information, ensure that your safety is guaranteed, just in case you're willing to take your chances . . Tell/Ask someone else around you.
— That's if you actually care about that text message anyway.

Well, in false-hopes of checking the said Company's credibility for you, a blank or perhaps dummy Facebook page popped up, with "0 Likes" and absolute-zero information.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tridex-logistics-service-Ltd/829834130417646

At a face-evaluation, here are few obvious giveaways:
° Any recruiting company sending out "legit" Job Interview notifications to their shortlisted applicants via Text-message would most definitely email them as well, in HTML format.
° This said recruiting Company has refused to disclose any physical address of itself; and, it's oddly absurd for a Logistics Company to set-up a recruitment process at an Oil/Fuel filling station, according to the context of that text message.
° "Please affirm attendance via text" —No certified Recruitment Manager from any credible Company would spew such gaffe as it is; by the way, what sort of Company confirms "an Interview" attendance via text these days anyway ?
° No credible recruiting Company sends "an impromptu Interview" notification to applicants —at least, you should be notified several days before, not on the actual day.
° One other thing I need you to notice is that. . the type and purpose of Interview was not mentioned in the text; Don't fall for the "an Interview" —What kind of Interview is that?

Although, there're more giveaways; but, I suppose much has been said already.

Please, don't let any unknown nobody take advantage of your job-seeking persistence, resilience and desperation. . be vigilant, observant and smart; don't fall victim or get yourself duped by being amenably docile.
Be safe, always. . God be with us all.

. .thanks.

2 Likes

Re: I Got This, Is It Real Or Scam? by fweshblacboai(m): 7:02am On Jul 06, 2017
fortune5351:
Is it real?
Got it too
Re: I Got This, Is It Real Or Scam? by Onyenna(m): 10:06am On Jul 06, 2017
hordmax:
Personally, I see this as a Virtual Remote-control; well, that's my blunt opinion.

But. . Let's take the context of the text message you've received at a face-value. . after reading, you should logically ask yourself :

• Have you in any way come across or ever heard of "Tridex Logistics and Services Ltd." from anyone anywhere before ?
• Have you researched the said company, does it even exist in reality with a physical address, any actual website(s) at all ?
• Have you had or found any means to read about and confirm what this said Company actually do with convincing facts ?
• Have you checked/verified any possible authenticity of that sender's number, did it come-back as the said Company's name ?
• Have you called the sender's number to communicate and ascertain the credibility of the text message and the said Company ?
• Have you found any known person'(s') name(s) that is attached to this said recruiting Company ?
• Did you submit any application(s) that might warrant any invitation to "an Interview" from any firm at anywhere around "Oniru, Lekki" axis ?
• Did you also receive any notification email(s) concerning this supposed upcoming urgent Interview ? —LOL!

If your answer is "NO" to more than three of the above questions; then you have to be EXTRA Careful about this.

Make your findings, do your homework, get factual information, ensure that your safety is guaranteed, just in case you're willing to take your chances . . Tell/Ask someone else around you.
— That's if you actually care about that text message anyway.

Well, in false-hopes of checking the said Company's credibility for you, a blank or perhaps dummy Facebook page popped up, with "0 Likes" and absolute-zero information.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tridex-logistics-service-Ltd/829834130417646

At a face-evaluation, here are few obvious giveaways:
° Any recruiting company sending out "legit" Job Interview notifications to their shortlisted applicants via Text-message would most definitely email them as well, in HTML format.
° This said recruiting Company has refused to disclose any physical address of itself; and, it's oddly absurd for a Logistics Company to set-up a recruitment process at an Oil/Fuel filling station, according to the context of that text message.
° "Please affirm attendance via text" —No certified Recruitment Manager from any credible Company would spew such gaffe as it is; by the way, what sort of Company confirms "an Interview" attendance via text these days anyway ?
° No credible recruiting Company sends "an impromptu Interview" notification to applicants —at least, you should be notified several days before, not on the actual day.
° One other thing I need you to notice is that. . the type and purpose of Interview was not mentioned in the text; Don't fall for the "an Interview" —What kind of Interview is that?

Although, there're more giveaways; but, I suppose much has been said already.

Please, don't let any unknown nobody take advantage of your job-seeking persistence, resilience and desperation. . be vigilant, observant and smart; don't fall victim or get yourself duped by being amenably docile.
Be safe, always. . God be with us all.

. .thanks.

You've said it all bro.....

@OP..... Read this over and over again to avoid stories that touch....

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Operations Manager-cinema / Who Also Got A Job Invite From Shalom Science And Technology Academy / Urgently Need A Female Receptionist At Southandsttesproperties . Chevron, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.