Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed (15937 Views)

Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? / I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by leksonltd: 7:19am On Jul 06, 2017
Am married with kids, my family is in Abuja while am currently employed with a private company in Lagos, the job is an unsecured one, could be fired anyday anytime. The salary is less than #100k without accommodation, have been managing with a family. Am six months on the job and don't see chances of settling down here due to the poor pay and high house rent.

I have a car I can use on the uber platform in Abuja, will stay in my house and see my family on a daily basis (this is my desire). Pls is it wise to quit the Job. I seek your humble opinion. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by Spicylate(f): 7:24am On Jul 06, 2017
Try gathering knowledge on the pros and cons. Find out which weighs more before you quit.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by dingbang(m): 7:25am On Jul 06, 2017
Why not employ someone to be driving for u While you still are in the employ of your company.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by hopeforcharles(m): 7:41am On Jul 06, 2017
dingbang:
Why not employ someone to be driving for u While you still are in the employ of your company.
Baby advice,
Don't let anyone drive it for you,
Instead resign your work and manage your car yourself you will be amazed at the income u will be making daily,

105 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by dingbang(m): 7:48am On Jul 06, 2017
hopeforcharles:

Baby advice,
Instead resign your work and manage your car yourself you will be amazed at the income u will be making daily,
alright then

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 06, 2017
dingbang:

Wise advice

It will also help you test the waters to see if you can manage other people: a key skill for anyone who wants to work for himself.

Self-employment is NOT for everyone

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 06, 2017
That's the best my brother, those evil employers are so heartless, probably cos we don't have government thus, they do whatever they want to do and will declare surplus at the end of the years and fools will praise them when they got it through slaving most of their staffs.
btw, I wan sell muscle

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by idrisolaide(m): 9:49am On Jul 06, 2017
My brother! I dont think anyone in this forum is in your shoe. You know how these boils in you i.e both love of the family and taking care of your responsibilities with ease.

Firstly, Take your time to understand the conditions and terms around your job and your family.

Seek better advice from Good Councillor, then Pray to GOD Almighty to take the wheel.

Na so me i see am o, i don't know about others.

cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by Angelb4: 9:49am On Jul 06, 2017
YOU ALREADY MADE YOUR DECISION NAH

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by countsparrow: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2017
Business is a risk, and you will mever know if it will sustain you till u try... If i are willng to make it work, it will...
Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by Teletexter: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2017
Angelb4:
YOU ALREADY MADE YOUR DECISION NAH

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2017
If i were you, id do Office work in the Morning and Uber in the Night.

Naija situation don turn us to something else. Thats my own o, i dont know about you smiley

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by helphelp: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2017
Mmm...

Driving from here to there is different from driving from here to there to there to there to there for the next 9hrs within same city ooo

Think it thoroughly

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2017

keep waiting
it is coming
don't stop hoping
don't stop waiting
Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by BRAV0O(m): 9:50am On Jul 06, 2017
gimakon:

Naija situation don turn us to something else. Thats my own o, i dont know about you smiley

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by Mythinghot(m): 9:51am On Jul 06, 2017
Drive it for yourself. but I suggest you do the uber in Lagos, it's more lucrative in Lagos than in Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by mikeycharles(m): 9:52am On Jul 06, 2017
Hmmmm undecided
Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by yemzzy22(m): 9:52am On Jul 06, 2017
due to the rate of unemployment in this country please think twice before quiting ur job there are ways u can solve it or solutions
Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 06, 2017
Cost of petrol fall on you grin

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by princemillla(m): 9:54am On Jul 06, 2017
First am happy you want to be independent, self employed. But the truth is driving job comes with lot of insult, and many things u wouldn't like.
My advice to you, weigh your chances

Ask advice from people who have been In the Uber business, ask how much u can make in a month and do your proper analysis. Don't forget that the car also needs maintenance.

May God lead u right on this.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by teevodaprinz(m): 9:54am On Jul 06, 2017
I will say... Make necessary arrangements in preparation for your leave period. Use your leave period to start the uber stuff to see how gainful and certain it is. Then if you re convince that the uber is better. Then, the ball is in your court to choose between the two. Do not leave a job without knowing where your heading to.

Then pray to God about it

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by whizzyleejr(m): 9:55am On Jul 06, 2017
Don't give your car to anyone to bring you daily cash, they are not honest,it's better start your uber work if you know you want to quit your job, i on my own hate being under someone's authority
Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by HottestFire: 9:55am On Jul 06, 2017

Follow your passion and make it a possesion till you are able to prosper through it. You can only be rich at the end of the month while working for someone but you can determine your daily riches while being your own boss.

Persevere.

cool
Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by wellmax(m): 9:56am On Jul 06, 2017
helphelp:
Mmm...

Driving from here to there is different from driving from here to there to there to there to there for the next 9hrs within same city ooo

Think it thoroughly
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by wristbangle: 9:56am On Jul 06, 2017
hopeforcharles:

Baby advice,

Profound advice

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by honmusa(m): 9:57am On Jul 06, 2017
Bad decision !!!Quit your job for the unknown??
You need to test the water with one feet inside before taking take that huge risk of putting both inside.
Do the driving on part time basis so that you can actually see what the business entail first before u resign your job.
You don't even know if your vehicle can even stand the stress of uber 24\7 driving ,you don't even know if your health can even take it,you don't even know what policy uber can even take that might at any time that might not favour your car!!!lots and load of variabilities that you might not consider until you do the action and u still keeping to your job

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by TINALETC3(f): 9:59am On Jul 06, 2017
Wise advice fall on u bro wink, I hv ntin 2 offer
Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by ephi123(f): 9:59am On Jul 06, 2017
It's good you want to put your family first. Really commendable.

Save as much as you can for a few months from the salary you get at the moment and then move to Abuja for your own thing. It's good to have a fallback which is why I recommend putting some money aside before going into Uber. So many unplanned things could happen, particularly with cars, so advisable to have some buffer.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by wristbangle: 9:59am On Jul 06, 2017
gimakon:

Is it possible for him do to his current full time job in the morning at Lagos and do Uber at night in FCT?

Please enlighten me on what you really want to say or I would say you don't understand the OP story

Anyway I would advice OP if he can after his work @ 5pm, do Uber work for few hours before heading home and weekends he can do it more profoundly, weigh his options before choosing to move to fct for the Uber work. Abuja Uber business is not as lucrative as lagos

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed by ephi123(f): 10:00am On Jul 06, 2017
wristbangle:

Is it possible for him do to his current full time job in the morning at Lagos and do Uber at night in FCT?

Please enlighten me on what you really want to say or I would say you don't understand the OP story

grin grin grin beht why have you no chill?!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army, Navy, Air Force Promote 235 Generals, Rear Admirals, AVM, Others / 4 Signs You Are Going To Be Fired And How To Fix Them / Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.