Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,861 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Car Maintenance : Oil Change - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Maintenance : Oil Change (2481 Views)

Free Oil, Free Oil Filter,free Oil Change, Free Vehicle Scan / How Do I Know That My Car Is Due For Oil Change? / Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Maintenance : Oil Change by sultaan(m): 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2010
I remember when I was young and my dad goes cheap on oil change, gives the driver some money to go top off with those roadside oils.

Now I know better.

I came across one of the most famous thread of 2009, and it was on a BMW with no oil change for 60, 000 miles(100,000 km)

here is what the engine looks like

Here is the source
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1281659

Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by sultaan(m): 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2010
More pics

Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by sultaan(m): 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2010
And more sludge

Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by sultaan(m): 4:29pm On Jan 31, 2010
Here is all they can do before manually

Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by sultaan(m): 4:38pm On Jan 31, 2010
Do you think this could be you; how long do we go before we change our oil?

You've see those puddle of black oil in the middle of the road, you might be next.

So before you buy that clean used car get someone to look over it for you if you don't know what to look for.
Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by KunleA2(m): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2010
This is especially important in naija cos ppl have a very bad maintenance culture. As long as it runs, people dont seem to care. It is especially aggravating when you sometimes see very expensive cars treated like sh#t. undecided
Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2010
My oil's changed every 1,000 miles without fail.

May seem excessive, but oil changes can never be too regular, as far as the engine's concerned.
Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by Busybody2(f): 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2010
Sultaan, I know you have paid 28 outta the 30th instalment of my N650M moderate brideprice, but come oh, what is your favourite hobby tongue Yeah i wouldn't mind if you would also remind me cos i'm sure you told me before your surname, your hometown, your favourite music, your blood group, your occupation, your favourite food, your phone number, your home address, your fav. colour, how we met, how long it took me to say yes, assuming you were the one who asked me out and not vice versa, if i am still a virgin . . .  embarassed tongue tongue cheesy grin cheesy   

I am so busy planning for our forthcoming N350M wedding of the century, and i am the only one doing all the running around to save you the cost of employing a wedding planner, my considerate self, aren't you one lucky bugger hence the reason I don't remember all these things cool
Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by sultaan(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2010
Busy_body:

Sultaan, I know you have paid 28 outta the 30th instalment of my N650M moderate brideprice, but come oh, what is your favourite hobby tongue Yeah i wouldn't mind if you would also remind me cos i'm sure you told me before your surname, your hometown, your favourite music, your blood group, your occupation, your favourite food, your phone number, your home address, your fav. colour, how we met, how long it took me to say yes, assuming you were the one who asked me out and not vice versa, if i am still a virgin . . . embarassed tongue tongue cheesy grin cheesy

I am so busy planning for our forthcoming N350M wedding of the century, and i am the only one doing all the running around to save you the cost of employing a wedding planner, my considerate self, aren't you one lucky bugger hence the reason I don't remember all these things cool

The things I do only for you.Someday we'll look back at these and laugh.
Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by Busybody2(f): 11:47pm On Jan 31, 2010
sultaan:

The things I do only for you.Someday we'll look back at these and laugh.

How can you say this without completing it with a "by the way, babes, i got this for you on my way back from Tiffany's" angry  Talk is cheap, the couch it is for you tonight angry tongue grin
Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by sultaan(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2010
Here is another one that troubles the mind when things like these are sold as usd cars

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246002&highlight=timing+chain+rattle

Those who buy cars and start ahving problem within months should learn to look out for these black sludges in engines when they open the oil cap.
Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by sultaan(m): 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2010
Re: Car Maintenance : Oil Change by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
interesting view back then wink

Siena: My oil's changed every 1,000 miles without fail.

May seem excessive, but oil changes can never be too regular, as far as the engine's concerned.

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice Me On KIA Sorento SUV / My Fuel Finish Faster Than Normal These Days / Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.