Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria (43992 Views)

Angry Youths Shut Afam Power Station, Throw Rivers Into Darkness / Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State / See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by deomelo: 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
ChiefSweetus:

Your ignorant mother die first. Do I look like a political or tribal lackey?? Fùck you. Fùck Jonathan. Fùck Buhari Fashola and Obasanjo. Fùck Nnamdi Kanu. And fùck you again!

The fact that you are or not a political or tribal lackey doesn't mean you should sound ignorant and retarded.

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by mrhowoto: 8:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
Zoogeria jaga jaga.
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Desyner: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
989900:
Fashola would deliver on power if supported.

There are more than these:

“The Afam 5 plant is currently being rehabilitated in collaboration with General Electric to restore 240 megawatts to the facility.

“All the turbine and equipment needed for the project are already in the country while the only challenge we are facing is the access road, logistic and few other things that we came to assess.

We think that we will add 240 megawatts and another 100 megawatts before December with addition of 276 megawatts in 2018 from Afam power plant alone,” he said.

The positives are, if we had this kind of momentum in the past 10-15 years or more, power outages would have been a very rare occurrence in Nigeria.
Fashola is inheriting most of these projects n completing them.
How many has he started?
What transmission upgrade is he carrying out?
He isn't as competent as u guys make him look.

3 Likes

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by FA13(m): 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
happney65:
In a country of almost 200Million People we are celebrating 320 MW..Isoriat.I made third to comment after many years...Na sign say i go see the murdafuckerrr wey i wan arrest,i go see am arrest tonight..Egberun saamu e ko li sa mo olorun lowo.. grin grin

You be Abba Kyari ?
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Walelavender(m): 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
Can we have something similar in 10 places? That would be 3000 MW!
Until we begin to look at smaller units through which we can generate more power,we would be struggling with unrealistic big plants.
What are the GENCOs doing? Huge investment needed in generation.
Government controls transmission,more needs to be done. For distribution; the DISCOs are very useless.
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by EVarn(m): 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
Aburi001:
Our main problem is ENOUGH Power GENERATION, you can not transmit and distribute what you don't have.
Look at South Africa with over 40,000 MWatts while Nigeria is still struggling to generate 5,000 MWatts
If that 5000MW was properly transmitted and distributed,we'd have at least 20 hours of power everyday in most parts of the country....and keep in mind that we have an installed capacity of 10,000MW.The irony comes from the fact that we cannot wheel out even half of our installed capacity.
The thing is,it doesnt matter how much you generate if you cant even transmit and distribute a fraction of it.
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
mapet:

Oh! you're not in Nigeria at the moment, yet you speak so emphatically and ignorantly..........hmmmnnnn............
Thats what people with sense DO.Borrow some from your president!

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2017
Chukwuka16:
Actually, edju is right. Our installed generation capacity is beyond 10000MW, but like was earlier posited, the problem is multi-faced:
1. The location of generation sites was politically motivated (without sense) hence we have a generation site for example in Ondo to be powered by gas from Rivers!
2. Our Transmission network is moribund. Our carrying capacity is around 4500MW.
3. Some peeps have suggested embedded generation (DG) which is nice but then we lack the following:
(i) real time data to quantify adequately the potential of available renewable energy resources in various locations.
(ii) expertise in DG/microgrid setup to cater for its integration, sustainability and economics.
(iii) any workable plan/legal backing that compels government to act to meet some benchmark targets.
4. The growing disconnect between the academia and industry which means that we would always need foreigners to develop and manage our electricity network.
Bro that installed capacity is a myth.They just dish out these future supply to gain support,Its like saying we got land to build 100 Airports jst saying.What the max power generated so far 4k plus MGwatts?Well Generation problem is political,they should site all gas powered plant in the ND where gas is located,after that we can deal with transmission. Infact the Discos would provide the infrastructure for this, FG need not spend nothing, just like teh telecoms are providing thier own infrastructure Where I live if I generate my own electricity and plug into the national grid, whatever I have left is supplied into the grid and I get paid for it.

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by positivetaught: 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
APC will now rush to shamelessly claim credit for this, but we all know it was the handiwork of PDP n Gej.I don't know who is actually clueless now.

2 Likes

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by ChiefSweetus: 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
deomelo:

The fact that you are or not a political or tribal lackey doesn't mean you should sound ignorant and retarded.
You are quite possibly a cretin and most certainly a lunkheaded oaf! Don't come at me unless I send for you. Atavistic peasant!

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by mapet: 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
erico2k2:

Thats what people with sense DO.Borrow some from your president!

People with sense speak ignorantly?

whoever did this to you certain set to inflict maximum pain
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by deomelo: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
Desyner:

How many has he started?

Since 2013, when power was privatised, government became a regulator through NERC. At the same time, government is directly involved in the expansion and maintenance of transmission lines through the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN).

Just as several road projects were abandoned, several power projects were also left uncompleted. According to Fashola during a recent press briefing, his ministry inherited over 100 transmission projects abandoned by contractors who were not paid for about three years.

Part of the mess was that over 800 containers, which contained transformers and a host of other electrical materials, were abandoned at terminals with no provision made to clear them in 2015. These are critical materials needed to complete stranded power stations to boost power supply.
Adopting the same step he took on abandoned road projects, Fashola’s preoccupation is to resume work on the affected power projects. With a budget of N26 billion in 2016, as against a meagre N5 billion in 2015, action has already begun to get the contractors back to work

Some of the targeted transmission projects include those in Sokoto, Maiduguri, Okada, Alagbon, Damboa, Nasarawa, Gurara, Osogbo, Kashimbilla, Kumbotso and Ikot Ekpene.

Similarly, some uncompleted power transmission projects have been selected for completion. They include the Kaduna Power (215 MW), Kashimbilla Hydro-power (40 MW), Gurara Hydro power (40 MW), Dadin Kowa Hydro Power (29 MW0, Katsina Wind Power (10 MW) and 14 Solar projects (1,125 MW), etc. The interesting thing is that, for the first time, government is focusing on renewable energy, which was neglected in the past.

https://guardian.ng/opinion/fashola-and-power-supply/

You ignorant Igbos act as if NIGERIA was el dorado and Nigeria was enjoying 24/7 power supply under your PDP and jona uncles when in fact we know how they embezzled $20 billion power funds that gave us nothing but darkness they left thousands of abandoned projects all over the place, they left tons of power supply containers unclaimed everywhere.

Of course many of you are ignorant, you don't read and you don't keep up with current affairs apart from ipob news from your ipob blogs.

2 Likes

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by deomelo: 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
[s]
ChiefSweetus:

You are quite possibly a cretin and most certainly a lunkheaded oaf! Don't come at me unless I send for you. Atavistic peasant!
[/s]

Abeg shut your ignorant and dirty unintelligent mouth.
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
mapet:

People with sense speak ignorantly?

whoever did this to you certain set to inflict maximum pain
My friend Plz Enjoy your darkness, I cant be bothered to argue with you, I know my level,You are way way to slow for me,Enjoy your rains.
Or better still trek to the nearest petrol station buy petrol for your Gen

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by mapet: 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
erico2k2:

Chukwuka16: :
Actually, edju is right. Our installed generation capacity is beyond 10000MW, but like was earlier posited, the problem is multi-faced:
1. The location of generation sites was politically motivated (without sense) hence we have a generation site for example in Ondo to be powered by gas from Rivers!
2. Our Transmission network is moribund. Our carrying capacity is around 4500MW.
3. Some peeps have suggested embedded generation (DG) which is nice but then we lack the following:
(i) real time data to quantify adequately the potential of available renewable energy resources in various locations.
(ii) expertise in DG/microgrid setup to cater for its integration, sustainability and economics.
(iii) any workable plan/legal backing that compels government to act to meet some benchmark targets.
4. The growing disconnect between the academia and industry which means that we would always need foreigners to develop and manage our electricity network.
Bro that installed capacity is a myth.They just dish out these future supply to gain support,Its like saying we got land to build 100 Airports jst saying.What the max power generated so far 4k plus MGwatts?Well Generation problem is political,they should site all gas powered plant in the ND where gas is located,after that we can deal with transmission. Infact the Discos would provide the infrastructure for this, FG need not spend nothing, just like teh telecoms are providing thier own infrastructure Where I live if I generate my own electricity and plug into the national grid, whatever I have left is supplied into the grid and I get paid for it.

See how you polluted an intelligent submission with conjectures!!!!!

Some of you need to stay at the sidelines
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2017
mapet:

See how you polluted an intelligence submission with conjectures!!!!!

Some of you need to stay at the sidelines
YOu are working very hard to B noticed, guess what you have been noticed now Foxtrot oscar!

2 Likes

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Desyner: 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2017
deomelo:

You ignorant Igbos act as if NIGERIA was el dorado and Nigeria was enjoying 24/7 power supply under your PDP and jona uncles when in fact we know how they embezzled $20 billion power funds that gave us nothing but darkness they left thousands of abandoned projects all over the place, they left tons of power supply containers unclaimed everywhere.

Of course many of you are ignorant, you don't read and you don't keep up with current affairs apart from ipob news from your ipob blogs.

you kept spilling irrelevant facts and insults. What is fashola doing as regards transmission. What are the figures? Talk straight

3 Likes

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by tuniski: 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2017
prof1990:
Speaking from my personal view. The light in my area is really improved now

Fashola is really trying
Raining season tinz!

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by deomelo: 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2017
Desyner:
you kept spilling irrelevant facts and insults. What is fashola doing as regards transmission. What are the figures? Talk straight

Do you know how to read and comprehend because you obviously did not read what I posted.

You are basically confirming what I said about you ignorant can't read and comprehend Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by 989900: 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
Desyner:

How many has he started?

Listen to yourself.
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by ChiefSweetus: 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Abeg shut your ignorant and dirty unintelligent mouth.
Just as soon as I down this cabernet and roast pheasant. May hunger extinguish you and your worthless ajangbadi clan. Diseased clown!

2 Likes

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by deomelo: 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
[s]
ChiefSweetus:

Just as soon as I down this cabernet and roast pheasant. May hunger extinguish you and your worthless ajangbadi clan. Diseased clown!
[/s]

What is this clown saying? Stay off crack.

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Aburi001: 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
EVarn:
If that 5000MW was properly transmitted and distributed,we'd have at least 20 hours of power everyday in most parts of the country....and keep in mind that we have an installed capacity of 10,000MW.The irony comes from the fact that we cannot wheel out even half of our installed capacity.
The thing is,it doesnt matter how much you generate if you cant even transmit and distribute a fraction of it.
Nice talk.....meanwhile, please change that your Monica. EVAN or Evans no fit your level of intelligence biko.....LOL grin grin
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by seguno2: 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2017
Benwems:
just additional 320MEGAWATTS.
lol.... Is that the 20,000MG apc promised us?

Thanks.
They have changed their promise on that one also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by deomelo: 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
seguno2:

Thanks.
They have changed their promise on that one also.

The promise included your ND terrorists brothers blowing up gas pipelines right?

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Chukwuka16: 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
lol @ myth. Actually they do have the installed capacity but its mythical in a way since generation is a function of demand. You can't generate what is not demanded otherwise the grid would collapse.
Even the idea of gas supply goes beyond location to pricing. The gas providers aren't really keen on supplying gas locally (low demand incentive and currency problem) so the govt is forced to compel them to domesticate some capacity.
Okay, they supply gas, we transmit something and then wait for the discos to receive payments from consumers which is not forthcoming since most houses aren't metered and the discos aren't willing to make that investment considering the fact that they are just short-medium term investors.
The whole problem demands a concerted effort to sort out. This is at the city/urban level. What of the villages or other off grid communities? Nobody is hearing about ECN or REA. We just see them during budget defense and that's all.

erico2k2:

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Desyner: 9:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
deomelo:

Do you know how to read and comprehend because you obviously did not read what I posted.

You are basically confirming what I said about you ignorant can't read and comprehend Igbos.

Your deficiency in the understanding of the workings of power system is obvious. There is nothing like hydro transmission. Power grid is all about multiple interconnection of power generating plants to interconnected users in order to create more relaible power delivery.
Let me rephrase. What is going to be the net transmission capacity of our national grid when those mushroom projects are completed?

4 Likes

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by iluvpomo(m): 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
Meanwhile the electricity issue in 2035 will still be the same ... kiss
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by seguno2: 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2017
deomelo:
The promise included your ND terrorists brothers blowing up gas pipelines right?

Did Buhari not promise to deal with them?
Why are you making excuses for Buhari and APC failure?

3 Likes

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by totorimi: 9:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
The way Fashola was boasting about fixing power 'A serious Government will fix the power problem in six months”- Babatunde Raji Fashola 12/11/2014 .
'

Now he is in the drivers sit and denying what he was quoted as saying and lecturing us on why power is so elusive in Nigeria. It us true you never know a man totally until you give him the job to do.

Now that bubu has gone on 'AWOL' , president Osinbajo doesnt have the liver to get rid of chalatans who bubu spent almost a year to appoint, some of them have turn to ghost workers, they dont talk they dont act, just dead silence like the one who engaged them.
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by GuyfawkesAB(m): 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
Imagine the depravity with which you speak. Your words reek of self conceit and gross selfishness.

So you didn't mention the five per centers that delayed that road because of lawsuits to prevent the government from enforcing right of way to build the road?

As is usually expected from you selfish lots (five percenters as you have chosen to identify yourselves) once you don't get anything, you cry victimisation and marginalization, without considering if others too have gotten it or not, not just in the SE but even in Lagos. I can't imagine that you would still tell people that because some areas in Lagos have a predominance of Igbo residents, government will deliberately neglect them. Are you still sane or has this victim mentality caused you brain paralysis?
Come to Alimosho and see a hundred and one roads still yet to be touched. Did anyone cry?

Get a life joor

ChiefSweetus:
280MW addition to the grid in THREE YEARS.

LMAO! grin grin grin

Fashola is a smello who couldn't fix Ago Palace Way in 8yrs. 280MW in 4yrs is what a province in Beinjin or Tianjin will achieve in 6-months I put that on my ex's life!!

Bloody jokers. I bet they don't even have a viable pipeline or GSPA in place. The Discos are moribund. Ikeja Disco hasn't given anyone power in EIGHT FUCĶING DAYS! And Fashola is forming technocrat in Abuja after leaving a 4km stretch of road for 8yrs because it's not Alimosho or because they are predominantly 5-percenters. But if na to follow nack Matharoo sisters....... undecided
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
Chukwuka16:
lol @ myth. Actually they do have the installed capacity but its mythical in a way since generation is a function of demand. You can't generate what is not demanded otherwise the grid would collapse.
Even the idea of gas supply goes beyond location to pricing. The gas providers aren't really keen on supplying gas locally (low demand incentive and currency problem) so the govt is forced to compel them to domesticate some capacity.
Okay, they supply gas, we transmit something and then wait for the discos to receive payments from consumers which is not forthcoming since most houses aren't metered and the discos aren't willing to make that investment considering the fact that they are just short-medium term investors.
The whole problem demands a concerted effort to sort out. This is at the city/urban level. What of the villages or other off grid communities? Nobody is hearing about ECN or REA. We just see them during budget defense and that's all.

Yep thats why I said its a myth, Now you mentioned DIscos there need to be a go btw customers(public) and Discos, these would be selling electricity to Nigerians, the Discos should stick to the infrastructure bit and network the transmission, this is how the west work, that way everybody work at full capacity, if this was the case i n NIgeria we wont hear anything like Gencos supply power to Discos and they refuse.
But in all, we would get there, my only pain is the vast majority of people who have to pay for power they never used.to this lose end I say the FG should provide laws or compel the bloody DIscos to install prepaid meters by xyz year if not they collect no money from anyone without o ne.That way they would be forced to invest one way or the other or give way for serious providers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Army Cadet Dies One Week To His Passing Out Parade. Photo / APC Youths Walk For Bola Tinubu In Ibadan (Pictures, Video) / Jubilation In Zamfara As INEC Removes APC From Ballot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.