Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2070748 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Baker77: 11:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
Fairly used 2kva 24v Eastman inverter for sale.

Price - 60k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2021
call/watsapp us on 08066332919 for your Industrial Power Back up Solution Equipment

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2021
Jinko mono solar panels

375w... 80,000
450w .. 95,000
535w... 119,000

For further enquiry regarding product datasheet, order placement / transactions:

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2021
LeaseManager:

I am still asking for the above .... based in Lagos.

Cc: Ojesky, Ceaser, mctfopt, NiyiOmoIyunade, GeorgeD1, solasola,Zeestones99, Penuelseun, justcallmanue

Call/chat 08117398294

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:22am On Aug 03, 2021

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:57am On Aug 03, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a ...... N17,000
12v 150a.......N12,500
12v 100a.......N8,500
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2021
It is a new month yet again and some of us have plans to get der solar system set up feel free to reach out to us to help u get dat setup cheap and best quality dat is our dream making solar affordable for all

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2021
odimbannamdi:

Yes, it (the Famicare Charger) isn't outputting max current towards the max voltage, but it also isn't outputting low charging current which should have been the case for a battery almost at full capacity.

THE FAMICARE CHARGER ISNT A SMART CHARGER, its more of a bulk charger....if you want a smart charger go the foxur or anjing pulse repair charger, only con is that its max at twenty amps at twelve volts and ten amps at twenty four volts
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2021
. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
ojeysky:
. grin
wetin happen
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 03, 2021
LeaseManager:

I am still asking for the above .... based in Lagos.

Cc: Ojesky, Ceaser, mctfopt, NiyiOmoIyunade, GeorgeD1, solasola,Zeestones99, Penuelseun, justcallmanue

u're in good hands with zeestone bro
i had cause to invite him and his team over to warri almost 4 years ago and they did an excellent job.
i'm sure he will equally deliver for you in lagos where he's based.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2021
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2021
Penuelseun:
Thanks boss, it is a 3s96p [12v 250ah] system. The fan is to provide cooling for the bulk converters as I can't seem to find a charge controller with a low enough voltage to charge it. The maximum charging voltage is 12.4v.

I have the perfect PWM controller for your 3s set up.
30A.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 1:41am On Aug 05, 2021
Good morning guys

Abeg, please spec me or give quotation of what I will need to run the following for more than 15 hours - 20 hours daily.

2 X Aircon 1.5Hp.
TV and stereo system.
Security CCTV system
1 X Fridge or Deep freezer (medium sized)
Lights round the property.

I have also been looking at hybrid inverters, which ones should I have on my list that is first time user friendly and easy to use.

Finally, based on the set up, will I be able to use generator to supplement and charge the batteries due to poor power supply? Thank you all.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 3:01am On Aug 05, 2021
ElRazur:
Good morning guys

Abeg, please spec me or give quotation of what I will need to run the following for more than 15 hours - 20 hours daily.

2 X Aircon 1.5Hp.
TV and stereo system.
Security CCTV system

I have also been looking at hybrid inverters, which ones should I have on my list that is first time user friendly and easy to use.

Finally, based on the set up, will I be able to use generator to supplement and charge the batteries due to poor power supply? Thank you all.

Try and read from page one to date, if you want to get involved in renewable energy. It will enlighten you more.
First and foremost forget Ac, I will let other ogas speak ... from there
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:22am On Aug 05, 2021
gadgetplanetng:

I have the perfect PWM controller for your 3s set up.
30A.
Price and location?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:09am On Aug 05, 2021
ElRazur:
Good morning guys

2 X Aircon 1.5Hp.
TV and stereo system.
Security CCTV system

your loads plenty oo. remove AC,then get
5kw deye hybrid inverter
48v 400ah lithium battery
6kw of panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 7:59am On Aug 05, 2021
Penuelseun:
Price and location?

It's in Port Harcourt.
Messaged on Whatsapp
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:59am On Aug 05, 2021
ElRazur:
Good morning guys

2 X Aircon 1.5Hp.
TV and stereo system.
Security CCTV system

First you need to provide actual power ratings on those gadgets but with assumptions:

2 X Aircon 1.5Hp. : 1.5kw X 2
TV and stereo system. : 300w
Security CCTV system: 300w
1 X Fridge or Deep freezer (medium sized): 100w
Lights round the property: 200w
Total: 3.9kw
For 48v system that's 81AH
For 15hr that's 81x15= 1218AH
So you need the following:

5kw inverter such as Deye
You will need external CC as well
1400AH LFP or 2800AH lead acid
20kw panel array.

All the best when you figure out the cost. wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2021
@ojeysky,

You people no dey try for the guy nah grin cheesy

@samnaija,

Baba, it took me 3 months of reading to reach here o. 1000 pages and going strong no be moi-moi.

@ElRazur,

From the comments from the previous posters, you can see that running AC's especially 1.5HP is not an easy or cost-effective thing to do. Therefore, I recommend that you reduce your demand to 1HP and use an AC with inverter technology like LG or Samsung . This also means that you need a bigger inverter like 5KVA and above to comfortably take up the room and breathing space to spare. A 48v system is ideal and this automatically means 4 batteries for your system. Ratings and capacities will be another variable. To get enough panels for a 5KVA system means you need more than 5000watts in solar panels. Then a good solar charge controller & battery monitoring system. Rough estimate for you from solardepot website:
1. Victron Multiples 48v/5KVA. N920,000
2. Victron Energy SmartSolar 150v 60A N285,000
3. Victron Energy Smart Battery Monitor N100,000
4. Jinko Solar Panels 375w x 14 (to get 5250w) N80,000 (using Kiekie's price) N1,120,000
5. For batteries let's assume you get x4 Trojan or Qantas batteries at around N230,000. That's N900,000. And you can run those batteries only to 50% of the rated capacity. To run your AC, you must make it atleast 8 which is N1,800,000. For batteries o.

You still want to include those AC's ElRazur ? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
samir101ng:
@ojeysky,

You people no dey try for the guy nah grin cheesy

@samnaija,

Baba, it took me 3 months of reading to reach here o. 1000 pages and going strong no be moi-moi.

@ElRazur,

From the comments from the previous posters, you can see that running AC's especially 1.5HP is not an easy or cost-effective thing to do. Therefore, I recommend that you reduce your demand to 1HP and use an AC with inverter technology like LG or Samsung . This also means that you need a bigger inverter like 5KVA and above to comfortably take up the room and breathing space to spare. A 48v system is ideal and this automatically means 4 batteries for your system. Ratings and capacities will be another variable. To get enough panels for a 5KVA system means you need more than 5000watts in solar panels. Then a good solar charge controller & battery monitoring system. Rough estimate for you from solardepot website:
4. Jinko Solar Panels 375w x 14 (to get 5250w) N80,000 (using Kiekie's price) N1,120,000
5. For batteries let's assume you get x4 Trojan or Qantas batteries at around N230,000. That's N900,000. And you can run those batteries only to 50% of the rated capacity. To run your AC, you must make it atleast 8 which is N1,800,000. For batteries o.

ACs on 4 batteries lead acid is a Capital NO..

At this stage for good return on Investment, Lifepo4 batteries is a must..

5KW panel is not enough,

I would advise @ElRazur to follow @ojeysky as he is currently using similar load.. just contact him personally to give you accurate equipment to get.

For Inverter, you can get Epever Upower Hi series hybrid 48V 5KW with 4KW MPPT for around 350k or Deye Hybrid for around 500K,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2021
ojeysky:

First you need to provide actual power ratings on those gadgets but with assumptions:

2 X Aircon 1.5Hp. : 1.5kw X 2
TV and stereo system. : 300w
Security CCTV system: 300w
1 X Fridge or Deep freezer (medium sized): 100w
Lights round the property: 200w
Total: 3.9kw
For 48v system that's 81AH
For 15hr that's 81x15= 1218AH
So you need the following:

5kw inverter such as Deye
You will need external CC as well
1400AH LFP or 2800AH lead acid
20kw panel array.

All the best when you figure out the cost. wink

Thanks for adding those figures.

Things are currently in a planning phase and trying to figure out the way to go. Pardon my ignorance, but my original calculation using a website suggested that I needed a 10Kva inverter (only difference is I added an induction cooker to the list)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
ElRazur:

Thanks for adding those figures.

Things are currently in a planning phase and trying to figure out the way to go. Pardon my ignorance, but my original calculation using a website suggested that I needed a 10Kva inverter (only difference is I added an induction cooker to the list)

Ah.

I think you should look at what you can comfortably spend, then scale up or down accordingly

Anything that generates heat or has a compressor is an energy guzzler.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ElRazur: 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2021
samir101ng:

@ElRazur,

Thanks for the response and adding the estimated prices. I am looking into AC with inverters, if there's any you recommend, abeg let me know.

The whole set up will take some money initially but from reading around, I will be making massive savings in the long term.

Just a quick insight, recently I was in naija, I was spending 4k every couple of days to buy petrol (25L Jerry can) to power the 5kva gen for 2 AC units and a small deep freezer for minimum of 12 hours daily. I did this for a month. . . . In the long term, the cost is going to be substantial so switching to solar is probably the way to go.

My plan is to get things in phases once I have a finalised list. Perhaps two inverter AC and then the Hybrid inverter and so on and so forth.

As for batteries, can you clarify please if buying them now and keeping them in storage will be ideal? I am aware that some battery packs (like the ones in electric scooters) needed to be charged once every 3 months or there about. Will this be applicable to solar batteries too?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
Dam5reey:

ACs on 4 batteries lead acid is a Capital NO..

At this stage for good return on Investment, Lifepo4 batteries is a must..

5KW panel is not enough,

I would advise @ElRazur to follow @ojeysky as he is currently using similar load.. just contact him personally to give you accurate equipment to get.

For Inverter, you can get Epever Upower Hi series hybrid 48V 5KW with 4KW MPPT for around 350k or Deye Hybrid for around 500K,

Boss, it's like you didn't read to the last of my post now. I mentioned 8 at the bottom as the best option for him to start from. I deliberately didn't even go with the Lithium Battery option not to scare him away grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2021
ElRazur:

Thanks for the response and adding the estimated prices. I am looking into AC with inverters, if there's any you recommend, abeg let me know.

The whole set up will take some money initially but from reading around, I will be making massive savings in the long term.

Just a quick insight, recently I was in naija, I was spending 4k every couple of days to buy petrol (25L Jerry can) to power the 5kva gen for 2 AC units and a small deep freezer for minimum of 12 hours daily. I did this for a month. . . . In the long term, the cost is going to be substantial so switching to solar is probably the way to go.

My plan is to get things in phases once I have a finalised list. Perhaps two inverter AC and then the Hybrid inverter and so on and so forth.

As for batteries, can you clarify please if buying them now and keeping them in storage will be ideal? I am aware that some battery packs (like the ones in electric scooters) needed to be charged once every 3 months or there about. Will this be applicable to solar batteries too?

Thanks.

To be sincere with you, your budget will determine a lot on the quality & capacity of the components you will need for your solar installation especially if you insist on having the AC on it. If you had started from the beginning of the thread, you will see that it usually recommended that you start small and grow your system so as to save on cost & gain meaningful experience but everyone's situation is different. So a few tips:
1. For your AC's, get the 1HP Gencool Inverter ACs from FOUANI LG shops. They will easily cut down on the energy consumption.
2. Batteries are the last things you buy in an inverter system due to their chemical nature and degradation when stored for long term without use.
3. LiFeP04 batteries are the new kids on the block and highly recommended. Yes, more expensive initially but will pay for itself in the long run. Some can last 5yrs or more. But buy them last when you have gathered all your components.
4. You will have to do a lot of research & googling to find a reputable seller as there a lot of fakes in the market. You can buy from AliExpress or AliBaba but be prepared for high shipping prices.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
samir101ng:

Boss, it's like you didn't read to the last of my post now. I mentioned 8 at the bottom as the best option for him to start from. I deliberately didn't even go with the Lithium Battery option not to scare him away grin

Lithium DIY is even the cheaper option. Compared to 8 batteries. At 1.8M

He will get decent Lifepo4 cells for 1.8M

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2021
ElRazur:

Thanks.

Save cost
If you have enough time, do proper planning get on Alibaba get cheaper Lifepo4 cells for DIY battery bank, you can even get casing to make installation clean at very low cost, ETA is about 4-5month..

Get 32, 280AH which is 28KWH
Or 32, 300AH, 30KWH bank.
This will cost you around 3000USD, plus BMS and Case 500USD, that less than 1.8M Naira. In 5 month time you will have the batteries..

Then you can buy other items when batteries arrive..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2021
Dam5reey:

Save cost
If you have enough time, do proper planning get on Alibaba get cheaper Lifepo4 cells for DIY battery bank, you can even get casing to make installation clean at very low cost, ETA is about 4-5month..

Get 32, 280AH which is 28KWH
Or 32, 300AH, 30KWH bank.
This will cost you around 3000USD, plus BMS and Case 500USD, that less than 1.8M Naira. In 5 month time you will have the batteries..

Then you can buy other items when batteries arrive..

I second this message cool

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2021
16pcs of brand new grade A EVE 3.2V 280ah Lifepo4 Lithium cells for sale @78000 each.
comes with complete original bushbars and screws.
selling all 16pcs at once.
location of cells is lagos.
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2021
3.5kva 48v and 5kva 48v Growatt Ingrid inverter available. (works without battery, only solar panel)

3.5kva 48v - #395,250.
5kva 48v - #450,000.

Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 5:24pm On Aug 05, 2021
7.5kva 48v felicity inverter now available, #340,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: jameslojohn(m), Queed and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.